Shin [1]: Prims

Proto [1]: Prims

Bluedoom x3 is that's allowed.

It isn't.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okay serious question: what is the point in voting for two of the top wagons?

besides to make it less likely that j00 gets interviewed, jerks

j00 [11]: BBM, Eurykins, Boron, Bluedoom, Blitz, eclipse, Vhaltz, SB, Euklyd, Snike, Kaoz

Eurykins [10]: BBM, Gaius, j00, Boron, Bluedoom, Blitz, Euklyd, eclipse, Shinori, Junk

Euklyd [10]: j00, Eurykins, kirsche, Bluedoom, eclipse, Paperblade, Polydeuces, Refa, Junk, Snike

Bluedoom [7]: Gaius, j00, Eurykins, Prims, Mancer, Junk, Snike

Strawman [3]: Gaius, kirsche, Reinfleche

Mitsuki [2]: BBM, Blitz

Green Poet [1]: kirsche

Shin [1]: Prims

Proto [1]: Prims

It's j00's turn this week.

NO STAHP. D8

I'M TOO YOUNG TO DIE. MUST WAGON OTHER WAGONS FUUUUUUUUuuuuuuu-----

Anyone is free to opt out if they want to.

waiting for intro posts is boring

1) Where did the name "j00" come from?

Anyone is free to opt out if they want to.

opting out is cheating and also poor sportsmanship it's basically kicking puppies

Kaoz doesn't understand that when people say "nooooooo" to nominations but don't opt out they really mean "yesssssssssssss" but want to not look bad.

I have QUESTIONS but will wait for introduction post

Kaoz doesn't understand that when people say "nooooooo" to nominations but don't opt out they really mean "yesssssssssssss" but want to not look bad.

I mean if that was my plot it worked pretty well

NOBODY VOTE FOR ME I HATE VOTES /wifom

e: prims change thread title

Edited by Euklyd

Oh, hi, I'm j00.

I'm currently studying Mathematical Finance at the University of Oslo, and I've been playing mafia since late 2012, my first game being Mystery Mafia.

I like playing, but only join games sporadically because I had too much activities going on for a while and can't do time management. There was also a time where I kept rolling scum which made games more stressing, but I've a more manageable schedule this year so I hope to play more games in the near future.

I like drawing, playing video games, traveling, reading, carving rubber stamps and sewing pencil cases. I've also done a random assortment of (mostly voluntary) work within student organizations, charities, tutoring and silly student orchestras and I generally like trying out stuff even if I fail spectacularly at them.

Since I set my gender to male and generally like being a vague, slightly misleading non-entity on the internet, there's probably some random misconceptions around me I've done nothing to debunk, so feel free to ask me questions.

1) Where did the name "j00" come from?

My surname is literally You.

Yeah I'm not very creative with names, alternate usernames include "u" and "uuuuu" for usernames that require at least five letters.

is there a group for the ten Chinese people in Norway to get together and talk to each other that isn't your house?

Hey now, we're cool enough to visit each others houses too!

There isn't much of a Chinese community in Norway, but my family do know other Chinese families. Most of them came here as students and stayed here and have kids around my age I grew up with.

Also, there's seems to be quite a few Chinese exchange students here the last few years, which has a lot to do with there being zero tuition fees in Norwegian Universities. There's probably a student organization for them, I'm not sure.

Are you Chinese, j00?

Parents are Chinese, I'm born and raised in Norway.

Hey j00, I have a couple of norwegian friends on facebook and they talk about weird stuff all the time, is that an accurate depiction of the average norwegian male? Do most norwegians hate cold but inexplicably love Canada?

What do you like and dislike about life in Norway? Is there any other place you'd rather be?

What do you have the most trouble with in mafia? aside from having time to actually play

Where did you learn your people skills?

Hey j00, I have a couple of norwegian friends on facebook and they talk about weird stuff all the time, is that an accurate depiction of the average norwegian male? Do most norwegians hate cold but inexplicably love Canada?

What do you like and dislike about life in Norway? Is there any other place you'd rather be?

What do you have the most trouble with in mafia? aside from having time to actually play

Where did you learn your people skills?

1) You need to be a bit more specific about "weird stuff", but yeah, a lot of Norwegians hate cold, it's very common to move to Spain or Thailand after retirement. Canada and North America are in general considered cool by many young people, for some reason. We're a small country, we get a lot of pop culture from there, maybe that's why?

2) Norway is a very nice place, if a bit mundane. We've got agood welfare state, the country is generally rich due to being an oil state with a small population, equality is very good both in terms of gender in society, income and class, some public services are free (though tax rates are high) like health services and school fees, unemployment is low, there's little pollution and there's some really beautiful nature and environments here.

That said, winters are cold here, and it never gets very warm even if it can be nice in summer. The cold doesn't bother me as much as the dark though. Because we're so far up north, summers have long days with almost constant daylight but in the winter there's almost none. You get up, go to school and it's still dark, and by the afternoon it's dark again. It's not as bad when there's snow outside and things are a bit brighter but times like November makes me want to hibernate.

Also, it's a small country and there's just not much over here. The welfare state is a bit too good to the point of naivety at times, Scandinavians in general can appear reserved and a bit cold (unless they're drunk) and depression is not uncommon over here, especially among young people.

I wouldn't mind living and working in other countries for some time, but I like Norway and I'm pretty sure I'll stay here for a more permanent basis. I grew up here, have friends and know the culture, I like doing some really Norwegian things like cross-country skiing, hiking and being outdoors. Also working conditions here can barely be beat anywhere else.

3) In general, my reads in mafia aren't very good. This is partly due to not having much practise, usually I'm scum so my reads are fake. Thus I'm not very good at picking out what could be scum intent or what tells mafia comes up with, and these are individual and requires you to understand the mindset of different people. I also don't stand out when playing and I think I somewhat lack conviction, I rarely lead lynches or convince people of reads. This too is probably related to being scum a lot, you don't want to draw too much attention as scum.

There was also a while when being scum made me nervous and I felt guilty about screwing up in relation to my scum mates, but people are usually cool about that, actually.

4) To quote myself:

I've also done a random assortment of (mostly voluntary) work within student organizations, charities, tutoring and silly student orchestras and I generally like trying out stuff even if I fail spectacularly at them.

You learn a lot from interacting with actual human beings! To be honest, I'm pretty average when it comes to people skills, but hey, so are most people. I used to be a bit awkward though, which is why I actively seeked out new groups of people, work, activities, gatherings and organizations. Being open-minded and willing to try out stuff outside your comfort zone helps too.

I started out as good student with little people skills at University, and I felt that everyone was more mature and at ease than me at parties and gatherings. Now I'm a kinda bad student, but I'm a lot more comfortable with myself in relation to society and people. Others won't really judge you as hard as you do to yourself though, and just listening to conversations and interacting with people on things like assignments, work or projects will help. Having actual things to talk about can teach you about how to talk about pleasantries and nonsense like small talk.

Also, know your limits, or at least try out stuff so you learn what they are.

I'm introverted by nature, so even if I have a good time I get tired from being in big groups with people for too long. My people skills are mostly learned, I'm not a natural at speaking with people. I can work with people and co-operate well, but I'm not comfortable as the main leader.

Learn to be self-aware and comfortable with yourself. If you can judge yourself accurately, you'll know how you appear to other people and what your personality and skills are. If you're not comfortable with yourself, strangers you meet won't be either. Self-confidence ties to self-awareness, too much and you're obnoxious, too little and people won't know how to handle you and becomes uncomfortable. Being with relaxed and calm people is relaxing, being with nervous and stressed people is stressing.

tl;dr: Don't be too self-conscious, try to relax and interact with people more!

Wow, I don't think I've ever posted a wall like this before even in mafia.

Edited by j00