The Well

Prims

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's a choice between EO2 or 3, go with 3! I gave up on EO2 about halfway in, but I made it through EO3! Just watch out for a certain stupid enemy on the first floor, and you'll be fine~!

Oh, right, another question. . .how's the weather right now? :P:

Compare Norway to all the other Scandinavian countries and tell me the Pros and cons of each one.

What about your Chinese culture do you like and dislike?

Oh and why did your parents move to Norway ?

Edited by Bluedoom

Hotel Dusk was a surprisingly fun game, the only thing bad about it is that it's quite memorable and I won't be able to get a full replay experience until I forget all about it in like a decade.

(also EO2 is alright to start up with but from the stuff Boron said I figure EO4 and Untold are more friendly than the DS ones)

Also also I would also like to hear about more norway things. Northern countries all sound amazing other than the frequently depressing weather.

If I wore a full suit of armor and a flail, I snuck up behind an elg and hit it with the flail. Would that kill it?

What if I'm in a helicopter with the suit of armor and flail, the helicopter sneaks up on the elg, and I jump down onto it with a parachute. Would the elg support my weight and could I ride it like a horse?

I loved Hotel Dusk and it's sequel, as well as Another Code. The dialogue and interactions are well written and the atmosphere the games gives off are entirely different from the over-the-top, exaggerated cartoony/anime style I'm more used to. RIP Cing

The Nordic countries are really nice, just not very exiting. It helps having a small population in a relatively big area.

You probably would. The reason why it's dangerous to run into moose is that they're big and heavy and might get frightened by you, but they're not exactly hostile animals. If you run into them with a car then you'll either kill or seriously injure them, but the same might happen to you and your car.

I don't know much about the suitability of riding elg, but reindeers are actually used as domestic animals sometimes in the North. I think that's mainly because reindeers are easier to keep, not because elg aren't strong enough to carry people.

Which side of the road do Norwegians drive on, the right or the left?

Like most of Europe, we drive on the right side. Being wrong it's a very British thing, apparently.

I saw some 999 fan art on your tumblr! Great games. If you had to pick, who's your favorite character?

[spoiler=spoilerish] Prooobably June because ???????

I like Seven, Snake and Luna too, as well as the main characters. Phi's interesting, but you barely get to know anything about her so I'm really hoping for that sequel!!!!11

Do you ever pine for the fjords?

I live right beside one actually, but I can feel the tug at my heartstrings whenever I'm away

If it's a choice between EO2 or 3, go with 3! I gave up on EO2 about halfway in, but I made it through EO3! Just watch out for a certain stupid enemy on the first floor, and you'll be fine~!

Oh, right, another question. . .how's the weather right now? :P:

I'll probably go with EO3 then, thanks!

Right now the weather is grey with occasional bouts of rain. It was better in April.

Compare Norway to all the other Scandinavian countries and tell me the Pros and cons of each one.

What about your Chinese culture do you like and dislike?

Oh and why did your parents move to Norway ?

1)

Norway:

Pros: Fjords, Roald Dahl (sorta), we're rich, it's very chill here

Cons: Not much history. Norway's been some land traded back and forth between Denmark and Sweden for the longest time, and became independent from Denmark in 1814 just to immediately get in an union with Sweden until 1905. gg

Denmark and Sweden are historically more interesting than Norway, unless you count the Viking age which applies for the other Nordic countries anyway. Norway has mostly been farms and villages, cities are a new thing so there's only like three of them with any historical value.

Sweden:

Pros: Civilization, Ikea, Astrid Lingren, the language probably sounds the best

Cons: Lack of fjords, overall the countries are pretty similar, but nowadays Norway are doing generally better in terms of wages, unemployment, working conditions and so on.

Denmark:

Pros: Hans Christian Andersen

They seem to have the most fun. The stereotype is that they're the least uptight Scandinavians and are jolly chaps that like to drink beer and eat sausages which is likely a side-effect of being neighbors with Germany.

Danish travel agencies in Norway has used the catchphrase "It's great to be Norwegian in Denmark" for many years. Same ads also point out that "The Scream" is the most famous Norwegian painting while Denmark has "Hip, Hip, Hurrah!".

They're also the only Scandinavian country that has proper sand beaches.

Cons: Lack of fjords, the entire country is too flat for me, the language is a garbled mess, their number system is retarded

2) In general I like Chinese culture, I like the food, art, artifacts, traditions, history, language etc. I'm not even very good at reading and even worse at writing, but it's a pretty cool system. The food culture is also just so much more impressive than the Scandinavian, where traditionally you ate food to not starve. The diversity and availability of food, snacks and street food is something I miss the most after I get back from visits to China. There's also a mentality of respecting your elders and working hard when you're young that's kinda lacking over here.

China's always had it's issues though, and modern day China is a corrupt mess, but I like how bustling and busy it is over there.

I don't want to live there though, the corruption's bad enough that distrust of strangers, general paranoia and cynism is necessary to function in daily life and you need contacts to get just about anything done, including stuff like not buying poisoned food and getting correct medical treatment. The pollution is also getting insufferable, and there's the part about communism and censorship.

3) My dad was sent here to study to become and petroleum engineer by some sort of government program, and just ended up staying. Mom married him and moved over here.

Edited by j00

Bluedoom, Shin

Don't know who else to vote for that hasn't already done this yet, lol.

Edited by MancerNecro

Chew Toy, Yowikins, WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO UPDATE THAT GOLDEN SUN LP?!

(that's Snike, Eurykins, and Euklyd for the uninitiated)

WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO UPDATE THAT GOLDEN SUN LP?!

[5/5/15, 9:27:02 PM] Kinumi: eclipse just reminded me WHEN ARE YOU UPDATING YOUR GS LP AAAAAA

[5/5/15, 9:27:10 PM] Refa³: yeah euklyd get on that

[5/5/15, 9:27:15 PM] Kinumi: yeah euklyd get on that

[5/5/15, 9:27:17 PM] Refa³: who doesn't update their golden sun lps

[5/5/15, 10:18:45 PM] Eukatastrophe: [5/5/15, 9:27:02 PM] Kinumi: eclipse just reminded me WHEN ARE YOU UPDATING YOUR GS LP AAAAAA

[5/5/15, 10:19:19 PM] Eukatastrophe: "eventually"

Bluedoom [7]: Gaius, kirsche, Snike, Prims, Mancer, BBM, Polydeuces

Eurykins [5]: Gaius, Snike, BBM, Bluedoom, eclipse

Strawman [4]: Gaius, kirsche, Snike, Reinfleche

Shin [3]: Prims, Mancer, Polydeuces

Snike [3]: Reinfleche, Polydeuces, eclipse

Mitsuki [3]: BBM, Bluedoom, Proto

Euklyd [3]: Bluedoom, eclipse, Proto

Green Poet [2]: kirsche, Proto

Proto [1]: Prims

Nightmare [1]: Reinfleche

Balcerzak [1]: Paperblade

He has technically played since the deadline but it should be pretty apparent I was trolling

oh ok; sounds like a noble cause

in that case Nightmare

totally not throwing my vote away