QOTD 3 ★ Q600: What is your favorite Sanrio character? [With bonus question! Important announcement in the question post on page 370!]

Specta

This was so hard, but I managed to narrow it down...

DONGHAE. I want to hug his voice.

Honourable mentions: Sungmin and Kyuhyun

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This one goes to Zhoumi, with Kangin and Donghae as runner-ups. Unlike the last time, there's a distinct gap between first and tied for second.

Siwon with Kyuhyun as a backup

Kyuhyun is also like the greatest name ever

And the lyrics to Oops! are.

They're.

They are.

Yes.

And the lyrics to Oops! are.

They're.

They are.

Yes.

oops is the greatest song super junior has ever done, tbh

for me it is probably donghae with shoutouts to yesung and eunhyuk

Q576: What is your world historical forte?

we've all got it, that one place or one period in world history that's utterly fascinating that we can't learn enough about. spill it! what time? what place?

I know a lot of history about a lot of places, but tbh it's probably my own country (Iran) that I know the most about. And the history of Islam in general I GUESS.

Video game history probably doesn't count.

last question: Sungmin or Kangin or Kyuhyun

this question: not really sure at all tbh what I know the most about (I read about/am interested in a lot!), but I'm definitely most fascinated by religious histories (that is to say, histories and contexts of religions and the way they shaped, and were shaped by, historical events)

if you want a place, I'd go with the middle east -ish

Edited by Euklyd

Man idk I don't really do my own individual research and it's been a bit of a while since I learned any history in college so I've forgotten a lot by now

So this is probably going to be a weird answer/category buuuuuut.... anything to do with ancient architecture anywhere in the world. I've never failed to be interested in that with anywhere I've been learning about. The temples of mesoamerica, the mounds of north america, the colosseum of rome, the pyramids of africa, the great wall of china....

I'd love to visit any ancient ruins because they'd be beautiful and interesting to me

Edited by Freohr Datia

The dawn and early years of powered flight. (Up to the end of WW2)

if that doesn't count, then I'll just go with ww2. I was fortunate to meet a lot of ww2 vets growing up and got to listen to stories from that war.

Pretty much most of China's and Japan's history! For China it starts at the Warring States period and for Japan it starts at the Sengoku era o/

Pretty much most of China's and Japan's history! For China it starts at the Warring States period and for Japan it starts at the Sengoku era o/

The Warring States Period is Japan though

you mean the Three Kingdoms/The Han Empire

It..... is?

Actually I'm fairly confident it's not

Unless they both had warring states periods??

ok like third edit but looking into it apparently they both had "Warring States" periods so you were partly right

Edited by Freohr Datia

you mean the Three Kingdoms/The Han Empire

Technically both had their 'warring states' periods of political turmoil and all that good stuff, but the official name as far as I know of for the Warring States period signifies China's split after the Zhou dynasty when the ruler had split them into sections and then the fight for control was on. I don't remember Han being one of them as they got defeated early on, but they did documented the fighting that happened early on when they eventually came to power. I'm not sure whether you're being sarcastic or not so just ignore me otherwise lalala

Three Kingdoms, Roman, Scottish Wars of Independence, The Russian Revolutions

but I like history in general.

Edited by Tryhard

It..... is?

Actually I'm fairly confident it's not

Unless they both had warring states periods??

ok like third edit but looking into it apparently they both had "Warring States" periods so you were partly right

I find that Japan is more associated with the Warring States name and the Three Kingdoms/The Han Dynasty for China

So I was just clarifying

Technically both had their 'warring states' periods of political turmoil and all that good stuff, but the official name as far as I know of for the Warring States period signifies China's split after the Zhou dynasty when the ruler had split them into sections and then the fight for control was on. I don't remember Han being one of them as they got defeated early on, but they did documented the fighting that happened early on when they eventually came to power. I'm not sure whether you're being sarcastic or not so just ignore me otherwise lalala

I was trying to be sarcastic, but at least I learned something

World War 2 I'd say. My parents used to tell me about all the stuff they kept out of history books, like all the atrocities the Japanese people committed but how we only learn about the Nazi Occupation, and how Hirohito was never punished for his actions in the war. It was really interesting and I ended up learning a lot about it.

Also just Korean history in general. Literally the only kind of kdrama I will ever watch are historical

I find that Japan is more associated with the Warring States name and the Three Kingdoms/The Han Dynasty for China

So I was just clarifying

When it comes to China, what people tend to call the Warring States period is a war more than a couple centuries before the Three Kingdoms Period. It ended with the victory of the Qin dynasty, the predecessor of the Han dynasty (which survived only a short time past the first emperor's reign). I'm sure that people have referred to the three kingdoms period as the warring states period in the past, but my experience suggests that these two english terms properly refer to two different points in Chinese history.

I've never read a book about China's Warring States period so I know very little about it. One somewhat trivial point is that Sun Tzu served Chu during the warring states era.

Western art history (give or take a number of holes), maybe? Would take just about anything if given the chance though.