Mystery Mafia 2 - Game Over

Grace

you said their fakeclaim was crappy which made me think you were trying to say it should've looked bad on d1 too

also for the record I lied to get blitz off my back, I claimed miller because:

- people on SF give millers a pass for no reason and I wanted to coast (this was 100% real)

- SF always gives miller power roles for some god damn reason and I wanted to WIFOM scum

- if the cop isn't scanning you it increases the odds of it getting a guilty

- tbh mostly just because I thought it'd be funny

wouldn't do it again but it was fun to try!

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I maintain Innocent Child + Masons + Methodical Doc wouldn't be that crazy. Maybe not balanced, but not crazy (and if we assume optimal set-up design we wouldn't have figured out the 4 scum anyway wwwww). tbh I suspected that if Marf was lying then *YLO was because the masons were actually town lovers which would balance things further.

I am kind of surprised Blitz didn't claim and go "uh this is kind of weird guys", I understand Poly though since the quickhammer happened first.

tfw the only time in recent history we had a NOC game where nobody was salty about the set-up was the game with jesters in it

Edited by Prims

it's almost like the lovers have to take the kill until they die (unless scum want to gimp their investigation protection in the dark) and the watcher can still see kills on 7/9 of the other townies. including the IC

yeah sure i'll cede that cop was far too nerfed and doc was also, but i will still maintain that scum were not as well off either

edit: the scumteam was made up particularly to have major weaknesses in night actions (kill order is lover > lawyer > nothing, at least one mafia was going to scan as guilty (aside from miller claim)), but since they managed to actually get best case scenario, it didn't matter.

Edited by Curly Brace

They could've claimed tracker and vanilla or some shit with zero relation at all to each other and what would town do then?

Possibly lynched one of Refa/Weapons (iirc they both had some heat on them ed1) and then the game would have been 9/2 with only one mafia member capable of performing the NK? If the game is swingy as fuck both ways it's not entirely unlike a balanced setup.

games that can be swingy in both directions rarely end up being balanced because the swing benefits the faction with the better start before it can benefit the other faction, so that faction will snowball and win

If both factions have a good chance of getting that good start it's balanced in the sense it's not town-sided or scum-sided. Though sudden death D1 isn't something one should strive for in game design.

Edited by Baldrick

tfw the only time in recent history we had a NOC game where nobody was salty about the set-up was the game with jesters in it

It was an open setup, so if you were salty about it then you fucking had it coming. :3

Possibly lynched one of Refa/Weapons (iirc they both had some heat on them ed1) and then the game would have been 9/2 with only one mafia member capable of performing the NK? If the game is swingy as fuck both ways it's not entirely unlike a balanced setup.

You're still arguing the poor play in context of what people actually did compared to the actual setup of if the game was actually balanced. This makes no sense because you are saying "The town could have played better" which is obviously true but dismissing the counterpoint that the mafia could have played better, in which case the mafia still has a huge advantage.

And the setup wasn't swingy so much as whoever had better luck at the start would win, which is just not really fun (unless you're the team that's steamrolling I guess?)

Edit: I'm not really mad, it's just I don't like these kind of setups and I think most people dislike being on the receiving end of these kind of setups. I died N1 after being out of town for half of D1 wtf is there for me to be mad about other than people going "lol u mad?"

Edited by Paperblade

Lynching mafia hurts town I mean. Twice.

Yea idk I couldve played a lot better but custody shit happened and kinda hope ppl remember this game when they say elie has bad logic so hes town idk

Why are cross aligned lovers good design again?

they aren't

if you're talking about what could have been in the setup i at least got rid of them

in the other case then i have no idea where this comment came from

Edited by Curly Brace