Team Hoshidan or Team Nohr?

IceBrand

Who's side are you on?  

367 members have voted

1. 1. Who side are you on?

• Team Hoshidan
    • Team Nohr
    • Third faction.

Nohr, obviously. Western side >>>>>>> Eastern side. I'm not even slightly interested in playing Hoshido or the "third path" which will either be a 3rd faction I most likely won't care about or the stupid "neutral" route where you try to make both sides friends and all that.

Also, this:

Who in their right mind would choose Hoshida?

rAf8BTX.gif

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nohr looks more interesting than Hoshido, but i'm most interested in the Neutral route since that's the route i usually prefer to take in these kinds of games.

Seems like Hoshido = Law, Nohr = Chaos, third path = Neutral

So many people choosing Nohr just because it's EVUL and has bewbs :v

They went overboard on promoting the Nohr side

-Edgy evil team

-more interesting plot

-more challenging

-booby lady

-drillz imouto

The first three points alone are going to draw A LOT of series veterans in just because it's something new AND allegedly a more interesting game.

Why Nintendo decided "Hoshido will be easier and have an unambitious plot, basically a game for casuals" was good marketing is beyond me.

I'm going Hoshido for a number of reasons.

1. As a fan of Samurai and the like this game is like a dream come true.

2. I like the revealed Hoshido cast more. Tits MgGee and the walking pigtails can GTFO.

3. NINJAS! Probably.

4. From the shown footage it seems the red and green knights have been replaced with the red and green ninja(Saizou and his unnamed companion). As that is my favorite character type that I always choose for my first playthrough I am morally obligated to go with Hoshido. Unless it turns out there is a red and green cavalier pair, then I'll....nah I want the ninjas.

5. I'm not no Commie.

-Edgy evil team

-more interesting plot

-more challenging

-booby lady

-drillz imouto

The first three points alone are going to draw A LOT of series veterans in just because it's something new AND allegedly a more interesting game.

Why Nintendo decided "Hoshido will be easier and have an unambitious plot, basically a game for casuals" was good marketing is beyond me.

They rely on the ninja powers to draw you in, I guess. I wish they had all those things they promoted for Nohr be things for Hoshido... excluding boobs. I don't care about those cause Hinoka will be my waifu on way or another. I just hope they try to make Hoshido a good choice cause that's what I'm going for.

To be fair, to the Japanese audience, the Hoshidan will sort of be "home." Imagine if it was switched and you were choosing between a game about good people who are like you and a game about bad guys who are weird and foreign. A lot of people would go with the familiar one.

That could maybe depend, honestly~ If I see something every day and am used to it, then I'd just get bored of it. So if there are two countries, one similar to my culture and another different, I'd personally be more interested in the different one. Because the one like my culture is like "I see this every day I wanna get away from that for once"

Unless I'm only one among few who are like that and most people prefer the familiar, I wouldn't really know ^o^

Edited by Freohr Datia

I can't speak for anyone else, but I suspect part of the reason I'm really drawn to ponytail long hair dudes is because I grew up watching Chinese period dramas and wuxia and everyone had long-ass hair so that kinda became my preference

And I mean while Japanese clothing IS different from Chinese clothing there's still a lot of visual similarities I appreciate out of my own cultural bias

Then again your argument could also apply in that FE itself usually has a more western aesthetic so seeing something fresh in eastern aesthetic (which also happen to bear similarities to my own culture's) appeals itself to me more

I prefer Hoshidan. The character designs look very detailed, and the country's peaceful and eastern theme is great as well. Plus, there's more "freedom" apparently. I just honestly hope that the simplicity of the Hoshidan story doesn't mean that the whole thing will be easy to play through.

-Edgy evil team

-more interesting plot

-more challenging

-booby lady

-drillz imouto

You hit the nail on the head here, mate. Nohr will be the game that we all pick and the one the fans remember.

Also, I suspect with the differences in difficulty that the FE fandom will be divided into two distinct camps: the Hoshido side will be composed of Awakening and Smash Bros. first-timers and Nohr will be all my br00tal hardkor bretheren here. It might me interesting to drop in on the other side.

(Also, it seems like my wish for a more complex plot came true!)

I choose Nohr. I'm definitely going to play all three though, and I'll probably play Hoshido first because it's supposed to be easier, and it would seem too easy if I played it second.

Edit: I've just finished reading the thread and after seeing it over and over, I'm convinced that this is an attempt at brainwashing everyone to choose Nohr:

Who in their right mind would choose Hoshida?

rAf8BTX.gif

Edited by Dan

Then again your argument could also apply in that FE itself usually has a more western aesthetic so seeing something fresh in eastern aesthetic (which also happen to bear similarities to my own culture's) appeals itself to me more

Yup yup, that's exactly why I am really into the new japanese style in it~! It's not something they usually do so I find it intriguing.

But yeah there are also just multiple factors on how one can feel about a style, I was just addressing the one Rewjeo was addressing (familiar vs different) and not everybody's going to have the same preference. Although idk exactly how many would prefer the familiar, though I always thought it could be about an even amount on both sides.

But yeah there are also just multiple factors on how one can feel about a style, I was just addressing the one Rewjeo was addressing (familiar vs different) and not everybody's going to have the same preference. Although idk exactly how many would prefer the familiar, though I always thought it could be about an even amount on both sides.

Hmm, I doubt it. Most people will choose Nohr over Hoshido because the Nohr path is more compelling with the promise of a more complex story and being familiar to basically most people here. That's rather disappointing since I prefer the Eastern style with Hoshido myself ,and the ninjas are badass, but that's that. I just hope that they give Hoshido some of the love they gave to Nohr.

Hmm, I doubt it. Most people will choose Nohr over Hoshido because the Nohr path is more compelling with the promise of a more complex story and being familiar to basically most people here. That's rather disappointing since I prefer the Eastern style with Hoshido myself ,and the ninjas are badass, but that's that. I just hope that they give Hoshido some of the love they gave to Nohr.

Umm that... wasn't quite the point~

The poll speaks for itself, lots of people want Nohr.

Read back and see what Rewjeo was commenting on then follow that train and see why this conversation came up.

Umm that... wasn't quite the point~

The poll speaks for itself, lots of people want Nohr.

Read back and see what Rewjeo was commenting on then follow that train and see why this conversation came up.

Ooooh, now I see. Sorry about that, I was a little confused for a second. Thanks for clearing that up.

How come? Not going to be all like OH YOU SHOULD, I'm curious.

Also Hoshido, has cooler designs (imo only) and I have a huge liking for Japanese culture, despite the "easier" more "cliche" route. I'm gonna enjoy it I think. Nohr will be down the line and i'm certainly interested in them, but Hoshido has more that appeals to me personally despite liking harder games.

If and when the game is announced as two versions in the west, then Nintendo of NA will have been directly misleading fans. Cashgrabbing/abusive DLC is bad enough, but essentially lying about it is even worse.

If and when the game is announced as two versions in the west, then Nintendo of NA will have been directly misleading fans. Cashgrabbing/abusive DLC is bad enough, but essentially lying about it is even worse.

What part about this is cash grabbing? The two games aren't priced at full retail price as of now?

If we have to purchase the other routes, then I'll happily do so. But, I think I'll be going with Nohr's side first, even if I am preferring the character designs of the Hoshidans. The internal conflicts interest me

Not necessarily. Most people have heard by now and who knows, maybe we'll get a single game with both versions in it instead. Situations like that have happened before, like with Bravely Default. We got the updated version, so you never now. I don't see how they've really lied to us in anyway or mislead us. They just haven't told us much about the NA release yet, that's all, although I can understand why this is upsetting to some people.

What part about this is cash grabbing? The two games aren't priced at full retail price as of now?

They've advertised the game to western market as one individual experience. Anything over an expected retail price for that one game is cashgrabbing.

Not necessarily. Most people have heard by now and who knows, maybe we'll get a single game with both versions in it instead. Situations like that have happened before, like with Bravely Default. We got the updated version, so you never now. I don't see how they've really lied to us in anyway or mislead us. They just haven't told us much about the NA release yet, that's all, although I can understand why this is upsetting to some people.

Bravely Default is an upgrade/final mix/ultimate version scenario. Entirely different.

My post is in the future tense: if/when they announce two versions, knowing that they were marketing the game as a single entity at the same time that the Japanese region was having 2 announced - they'll have been misleading fans.

I was really looking forward to the game, but there's a huge chance I'll never play it now. I don't feel like supporting Nintendo when they've picked up all these horrible practices: day 1 dlc, shallow dlc, microtransactions, phone games, splitting games in half, amiibo locked content.

My post is in the future tense: if/when they announce two versions, knowing that they were marketing the game as a single entity at the same time that the Japanese region was having 2 announced - they'll have been misleading fans.

I was really looking forward to the game, but there's a huge chance I'll never play it now. I don't feel like supporting Nintendo when they've picked up all these horrible practices: day 1 dlc, shallow dlc, microtransactions, phone games, splitting games in half, amiibo locked content.

If? Maybe. WHEN? That's a hell of an assumption, given that it wasn't announced in the NA direct. I have no idea why you're assuming the inherent negative when it hasn't even been proven yet. The game's not coming out for a while, so rather than whine about how evil Nintendo has become, watch and wait!

Edited by eclipse
I CAN WORDS!

They've advertised the game to western market as one individual experience. Anything over an expected retail price for that one game is cashgrabbing.

Bravely Default is an upgrade/final mix/ultimate version scenario. Entirely different.

Ahem. They announced it will be two in Japan. We have heard about a special edition that has both. We are getting the game way later, do the math and learn about something called marketing.

Day 1 DLC? I'm sorry this isn't capcom where the content will already be in then game, this is to make the game have a third playable route which will encourage people who want to see said path play it.

If its shallow to you. You didn't see any part of the expansion packs in the 90's

The phone market is profitable. Suddenly Nintendo is evil for making a good business choice? Did you see their stock increase?

Splitting the game in two. Surely this isn't new to a Nintendo fan, or have you been under a rock when it came to Pokémon? Which has less divided content then these two fully and I mean fully fleshed out games will have that we are likely getting ONE FOR?

Ahem. They announced it will be two in Japan. We have heard about a special edition that has both. We are getting the game way later, do the math and learn about something called marketing.

Day 1 DLC? I'm sorry this isn't capcom where the content will already be in then game, this is to make the game have a third playable route which will encourage people who want to see said path play it.

If its shallow to you. You didn't see any part of the expansion packs in the 90's

The phone market is profitable. Suddenly Nintendo is evil for making a good business choice? Did you see their stock increase?

Splitting the game in two. Surely this isn't new to a Nintendo fan, or have you been under a rock when it came to Pokémon? Which has less divided content then these two fully and I mean fully fleshed out games will have that we are likely getting ONE FOR?

Agreed. Though I will say that advertising a story that changes based on your own choices, than making said choices a purchase choice is dirty marketing.