FE7 RANDOMIZER Low Turns

General Horace

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with undoing all those changes. I don't know why they inserted all their opinion-based weird changes into a randomizer hack.

i just want to mention that i had no input on the fix patch (klok's balance changes are also weird imo)

actually klok and i disagreed on a lot of things and only ultimately ended up working together because he was willing to do grunt work that i wasn't

Edited by CT075

Nice Oswin, bro. Are growths randomized or not? They didn't seem to be when I played.

I don't think so. My berserker priscilla never got defence and got a button of res and luck last run, so that checks out.

also is Marcus a female Hero too?

Yeah, actually. I didn't notice until you mentioned it, it's why his con and defence are so low.

Edited by General Horace

Do Female Heros and Male Heros have different bases in FE7? I know that female mercs have different promotion bonuses than male mercs, but I'm unsure of their bases.

Yeah. Female Heroes have +1 skill/speed/res in exchange for -2 def/-1 con.

Oswin said "fuck it" and got on a wyvern to get over his four-movement limitation.

Things just got real.

Kinda like when I randomized FE6 once. Barth rolled Wyvern and actually became decent, Bors also rolled Myrm and had (gasp) Speed.

Not to derail the topic but I'd REALLY like to know how you randomize FE6. Could you shoot me a PM about it maybe?

It won't really derail, basically I use this site https://www.random.org/and roll all the character classes, then edit them one by one in Nightmare. I sadly don't have Klok or Cam's skills or I'd have made my own official randomizer.

I agree with undoing all those changes. I don't know why they inserted all their opinion-based weird changes into a randomizer hack.

Klok's hack came out before the randomizer.

REMEMBER HORACE

HOLD DOWN A

man, that's way too hard to remember.

I think since the palette vote is pretty close, i'll just upload a separate video every few chapters of the characters doing stuff so the people that aren't interested in seeing them in action don't have to while the people who want to see them get to see them, so everyone wins.

Another thing i've thought of since starting this, is should I do full recruitment? I've taken down the other two polls, I think i'll do Class based promotion items, it had slightly more votes and I think it's better anyway.

here's the animations for all characters up to Chapter 13 (excluding Guy). That poor bandit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haG7a9YVjTo&feature=youtu.be

I probably misunderstood this, but do the newly joining units get their classes regenerated after you restart the chapter? Since you said you restarted one of the maps because the RNG didn't give you fun enough tools to play with.

All units are generated at the start of the game. I rerolled my initial chapter 11 units because I got Paladin!Marcus and Archer!Rebecca, which, well, wasn't very exciting. I'm not rerolling anything for the rest of the game now. I could theoretically reroll again, but I'm not going to. I didn't know any of my units except my chapter 11 dudes.

Edited by General Horace

Ah, I see. Assume Florina joins you as a Peg Knight as she does in vanilla - will you use her as you would normally, or forego using her entirely because it's too samey to a vanilla LTC run that you've done so many of? You can probably see all of that information in advance through editors and whatnot somehow, though.

I could theoretically see everything, I'm choosing not to because I feel its more fun for it to be a surprise.

Although if Florina shows up as a peg, she's gonna be totally obseleted by Oswin anyway, she probably won't actually be all that good since she can't promote until the second Elysian whip which is pretty late.

EDIT: I broke the poll shit how do i fix it

EDITEDIT: FIXED IT

Edited by General Horace

Thanks for the extra vid, surprised at how good most of those sprites look. Big fan of Lord!Serra and Mage!Eliwood.

Interesting that Marcus doesn't have Echidna's sprites. Why were female hero sprites removed but female shaman sprites kept, I wonder?

Edited by feplus