Famitsu 14th May: Phoenix Mode and No More Weapon Uses

IGdood

Am I the only one here who gets the feeling that "Phoenix Mode" is some kind of nasty trap? Does the scan confirm that it will indeed be easier than Casual Mode? All we know is that units will somehow be resurrected in the next turn.

Edited by Ryo

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not concerned if they explore other games or not. So whether or not they're encouraged to play classic mode is not a concern to me.

I joined with Awakening and I've explored The Sacred Stones and am working on Genealogy of the Holy War.

I've also been looking into trying to obtain Blazing Sword (i.e. Fire Emblem in NA) or Shadow Dragon, but I've been busy with other things and it hasn't been a priority. Maybe eventually. I don't have a GameCube with me and never had a Wii, so that's the key reason I haven't been looking into the Tellius games at the present time.

But not everyone is going to be like me, nor would I expect it of them or want it to be that way.

But anyways, I don't think we need to worry about Classic mode disappearing…. we can safely assume that it will be included unless its explicitly stated to not be. And they'd have probably have announced its removal simultaneously with announcing Phoenix mode if that was going to happen. Classic is almost assuredly going to happen.

It's more giving incentive to explore the other games. If there isn't incentive, less want to play, so on and so forth. Either way, I don't want this to be the end of Classic mode.

Less incentive to play? Yeah that's why Awakening broke franchise records. I'm not sure they really want to give any incentive to go back and play older games either. Any copy anyone gets will be a used one (that Nintendo doesn't make any money off of) or illegal (like a ROM). Not sure what Japan/Europe have on the virtual console but in North America FE7 is the only old FE game you can find.

Am I the only one here who gets the feeling that "Phoenix Mode" is some kind of nasty trap? Does the scan confirm that it will indeed be easier than Casual Mode? All we know is that units will somehow be resurrected in the next turn.

I think it is just too HUGE and ENORMOUS to be a mode itself. It must be with special conditions, but not permanently.

Goddamn it is LIKE CHEATING urgh, "Lol I rez my unit next turn w8t 2 u think xd"

WTF IS THAT.

Fire Emblem If is acting like a prostitute JUST to attract NEW buyers ! UNACCEPTABLE !

Edited by Finn

Whoops, minor correction: it doesn't say the Avatar is born from both royal families. Just that the royal family members, Avatar included, all possess superior powers because of their dragon blood.

So can we assume something on the lines of Kamui having "major" dragon blood and hence the ability to transform, while the others have merely "minor" blood and thus only have greater stats/potential?

Response to #205:

So? We still have classic. What's the big deal about Phoenix mode?

In fact, you could even get your own private little laugh at the people who use such a cheating-like mode because they can't handle even casual, reveling in some sense of faint sense of gaming superiority that it might give you.

How is that a problem for you? Did you just not think of that possibility?

Whoops, minor correction: it doesn't say the Avatar is born from both royal families. Just that the royal family members, Avatar included, all possess superior powers because of their dragon blood.

So even the imouto's can cause earthquakes with Dragon's Vein. Nice. It does take some of the pressure off of Kamui, as otherwise to get the most from a given map we'd have have to ferry him around to each Dragon's Vein-able spot.

Even if it is "Fetus Mode", perhaps we're seeing the return of infinite supports, and this mode is to help out people who want to do an all-support run without wanting to gouge their own eyes out?

The only reason I ever played casual-easy is because I'm a completionist to the point where I needed to get all the child supports with each and every parent even though they're basically the same and while the story battles and such were a breeze, it doesn't mean I wouldn't make a mistake after 2 hours of grinding, and get one unit out of the only two I sent out killed and just. Weep softly because I want to be done grinding the support already.

At least it isn't as pointless Bayonetta's "Very Easy" mode - but even then, you can argue that that's for people unfamiliar with hack n slash games but still think the story is really cool and want to experience it. Which, ya'know. Might also be the case with fe14, since it seems pretty story heavy, and (do not quote me on this) it seems VNs are on the rise?

Edited by Meltlilith

I think it is just too HUGE and ENORMOUS to be a mode itself. It must be with special conditions, but not permanently.

Goddamn it is LIKE CHEATING urgh, "Lol I rez my unit next turn w8t 2 u think xd"

WTF IS THAT.

Fire Emblem If is acting like a prostitute JUST to attract NEW buyers ! UNACCEPTABLE !

So why was it acceptable when Awakening did it, or for that matter 7 what with its 11 CHAPTER FORCED TUTORIAL.

Sacred Stones and POR were made painfully easy to cater to us stupid Americans, and RD was the FE sold stateside that wasn't made easier barring Awakening(cause caaual mode existed). Guess what, reviewers and people reviled RD cause it was too hard. We reap what we sow, and not buying the not as difficult as reviewers made it out to be RD, instead buying Awakening like crazy, gave us Phoenix mode.

That said, I'm okay with this. If you don't like a mode, don't play it.

IS is trying to cater to every possible player, and that IS NOT a bad thing.

Folks, the discussion is been here only for today and it's already arrived at ten pages of comments. But it makes sense. The situation is serious.

Serious shit right here.

Now, we can't lose, basically. A character dies, and he come back, like the Legend, the next turn. Maybe a lot of peolpe never noticed that Classic in the easiest difficulty of almost every Fire Emblem IS easy. And Casual is good for everyone. This Phoenix seems just put randomly, with no real reflection.

Thinghs that IS do often. After 25 years, we still have the same balance problems: cavaliers too stronk, knights useless, and at almost every new FE we get some new balance problem, despite all the years IS do these games.

I'm not talking of Fire Emblem becoming more waifu-y, or it's script, or whatewer, I'm talking about it's gameplay aspects. And after 25 years we still get in Awakening the pair-up, wich I have no opinions about, not positive or negative, but it still have stats completely broken who allow you to solo the Hard mode with only Robin and Chrom.

IS do things like this a lot. Honestly, when I heard about this Phoenix mode, yes, I thinik about FE is losing is individuality and soul, and I think it's true, and becoming more and more some average anime game.

But the point is who I first think how IS can't properly did shit after 25 years, and I'm scared by the possibility which the balance of the game will be terrible, and this so decanted Nhor path will be only some shitty fake-difficulty with a lot of random enemyes and a lot of buffed stats.

Oh, of course I belive FE is selling is soul and his style, and I belive Phoenix is ridicolus. But is not that the point.

P.S. Hinouka has BOOBS. Just look at the image.

Edited by ENS

Has this been posted yet? Another image from 2ch: http://imgur.com/v1cXHar

I don't think so. Kanji everywhere(T_T)

Well, these are some very nice artworks at the very least.

So. Are these two your siblings yes or no? Edit: Although what I can read of Sakura's heavily implies that they're all brothers and sisters.

Edited by Cysx

I don't think so. Kanji everywjere(T_T)

Well, these are some very nice artworks at the very least.

So. Are these two your siblings yes or no?

I believe it has been confirmed that all these people are part of their respective royal families.

I believe it has been confirmed that all these people are part of their respective royal families.

I've already heard that, and the conclusion was that we actually didn't know. I might have missed it mind you, but right there in this text that I can't read, lies the definitive answer.

So you know, I was just asking.

Well, if you want my accurate opinion, the most unacceptable thing here is the suppression of weapon durability.

Yay, new artwork.

Just once, I'd like to go into a series that didn't have people swearing about how the series is losing it's soul and will never be good AFTER ONE GAME THEY DIDN'T LIKE.

I mean, wow, "Awakening is going to turn the series into an anime waifu simulator". Do people like this not realize FE did have an anime at one point? It was always this way, and I understand even less the people who claim more accessible difficulty is bad for the series.

Heck, Mass Effect 3 practically had a movie mode, but NO ONE complained about that.

Has this been posted yet? Another image from 2ch: http://imgur.com/v1cXHar

Thanks. We might need a separate topic for the scans XD

Hinoka is the eldest sister, Takumi (bow boy) is Ryouma's younger brother.

The class names are all fancified, but Takumi is essentially an Archer, Hinoka is a Pegasus... Warrior, and Sakura is obvious a Miko/Priestess.

Just once, I'd like to go into a series that didn't have people swearing about how the series is losing it's soul and will never be good AFTER ONE GAME THEY DIDN'T LIKE.

I mean, wow, "Awakening is going to turn the series into an anime waifu simulator". Do people like this not realize FE did have an anime at one point? It was always this way, and I understand even less the people who claim more accessible difficulty is bad for the series.

I can't talk for others, but I have complaints on aspects of the series that cross it in its entirety, plus a little of complaints targeted for specific FE, ranging from 8 at, yes, 13.

Also, here people is complaining about Phoenix mode and gameplay, there's no need to pull on again the argument "oh nous the ruined evrytin avakening ohhhhh"

Thanks. We might need a separate topic for the scans XD

Hinoka is the eldest sister, Takumi (bow boy) is Ryouma's younger brother.

The class names are all fancified, but Takumi is essentially an Archer, Hinoka is a Pegasus... Warrior, and Sakura is obvious a Miko/Priestess.

With that in mind, what class would you consider equivalent to Kamui's Dark Prince(ss)? or we could just go with the obvious Lord option

Well I don't know about you guys but I can't wait for FE15 to give us Star Mode, a mode that gives all allied units infinite HP.

At one point I called Normal/Casual "Pussy Mode", I take that back, this has taken that title over.

Why not implement a Golden Leaf while they're at it?

On weapon durability... I hope that it depends on difficulty mode (No Durability for Casual and Pussy mode but included in Classic).

Not the first news I wanted to hear as soon as I came on the internet today, that last trailer got me hyped, this news made me lose more then half the hype.

Is this really going to be the direction Fire Emblem will be taking? Simplifying things more and more until it could be any generic easy RPG?