Famitsu 14th May: Phoenix Mode and No More Weapon Uses

IGdood

Camilla confirmed as a Nohrian royal and Avatar's elder sister (adopted).

I think it's very likely Japanese fans were spot on with Marx > Camilla > Avatar > Leon > Elise in terms of age.

Edited by VincentASM

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally think Phoenix Mode might be a bit of a overkill, but I'm fine with it.

If people wanted something like Phoenix Mode, then good for them. If people didn't want Phoenix Mode, well good for you: you don't have to use it.

Though, can we now start a bunch of jokes about everyone refusing to die because they fight for their friends? :P

No? Ok... *Goes to the corner*

I'm also pretty ok with unlimited weapon uses. Though, it's not something I REALLY wanted it but I'm not complaining.

Though, I do wish it's optional. I can understand not everyone wanting unlimited weapon uses, so I hope it's an option.

Phoenix Mode sounds a'ight. I have no qualms with it. I even kind of dig unlimited weapon uses.

But what I want to know is, what are all of the things we can change of Kamui's appearance as seen in the second scan?

Does the Famitsu scan mention Classic?

Yes.

Phoenix > Casual > Classic (in terms of order and easiness)

Also, one of the pages has a super-blurry blurb about Hoshido and Nohr's ties to dragons--in particular, there's a mention of them worshiping some kind of dragon, a Divine Elder Dragon or something. It seems to suggest both of the royal families have dragon blood and *I think* the Avatar might have the blood of both.

But again, the text is super blurry, so take it with a grain of salt.

EDIT

Normal, Hard and Lunatic are still in.

EDIT2

Nope, I misread the last part.

Edited by VincentASM

3 Modes, and yet we don't have one single mode that serves to make the Classic style more accessible to newcomers. Like the DS games did with Replacement Units for example. We haven't gotten anything else in that direction since then,

I'm all for letting people make their own house rules and messing around with the engine but IS is basically just sidestepping the problem of teaching people. They are perfectly content to leave Classic Mode as this big hurdle.

Edited by BrightBow

Kinda tiny for now, but the magazine isn't officially out yet.

http://serenesforest.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/fami1205-1.jpg

http://serenesforest.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/fami1205-2.jpg

http://serenesforest.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/fami1205-3.jpg

http://serenesforest.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/fami1205-4.jpg

Super quick analysis. Elise is a Rod Knight, Leon is a Dark Knight, Marx is a Paladin and Camilla is a ?!?!? Knight. Will need to Google that katakana.

Thank you! I'm loving the new artwork. Can't wait for the inevitable HQ versions.

Hmm, I read some info on another site about the Famitsu leak, which isn't from the available scans.

Apparently Aqua is in the reverse situation as the Avatar; she's the princess of Nohr taken prisoner by Hoshido.

To clarify, this hasn't been confirmed yet.

Does it make any sense though? It sounds like an interesting prospect anyway, for multiple reasons. One, Hoshido isn't always doing nice stuff and two, Aqua probably has dragon blood if the Famitsu blurb is accurate.

Also what the hell are those shield-like dots on the status screen and pair-up stat box?

Someone mentioned in another thread that armour appears to be lost in battle as units take damage. So I'm thinking, could this be an "armour gauge" or something?

Certainly in the first scan you linked to, there are 2 shields out of 10 filled whereas the other as all 10 spaces empty.

think about this scenario:

-weapons are fucking expensive

-you get limited resources and have to choose better who's gonna even get a weapon

-phoenix mode makes unit revive, but without any weapons

it's forcing people to be as strategic as the other modes, what's all that qq all about

Rei Rei really made a nice point earlier.

tumblr_no8qpwJTLA1rmzb08o1_1280.png

I don't have any objections to Phoenix Mode if other people get a use out of it, whether or not I use or don't use it.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Rod Knight? Is that like Troubadour, or a new weapon type?

Probably just Troubadour. Her map's sprite is almost exactly the same as Awakening's Troubadour, and her TGC art shows her using fire magic in a probably promoted form, like Valkyries can.

Edit:

Apparently Aqua is in the reverse situation as the Avatar; she's the princess of Nohr taken prisoner by Hoshido.

What. That does sound pretty weird.

Edited by Cysx

Rei Rei really made a nice point earlier.

tumblr_no8qpwJTLA1rmzb08o1_1280.png

I don't have any objections to Phoenix Mode if other people get a use out of it, whether or not I use or don't use it.

Good Rey

Hair ornaments confirmed! The customisation screen reads the following:

- Body

- Hair

- Hair Ornament

- Hair Colour

- Face

- Facial Features

- Voice/Vocal Tone

I'm loving the vocal cast so far. Sawashiro Miyuki's my favourite CV, so I'm thrilled to finally have confirmation of her role as Kamira. Seeing as Kaji's my second favourite, I'm completely content with this.

I wonder what sort of personality Leon will have if Miyano's providing his vocal clips.

Edited by sforzur

Hmm, I read some info on another site about the Famitsu leak, which isn't from the available scans.

To clarify, this hasn't been confirmed yet.

Does it make any sense though? It sounds like an interesting prospect anyway, for multiple reasons. One, Hoshido isn't always doing nice stuff and two, Aqua probably has dragon blood if the Famitsu blurb is accurate.

Whoa, wait, Aqua is the princess of Nohr? Taken prisoner by Hoshido? That's an awesome complication of the story!!!!

So much for the "peace-loving" Hoshido. They're not above taking hostages either, eh?

Whoa, wait, Aqua is the princess of Nohr? Taken prisoner by Hoshido? That's an awesome complication of the story!!!!

So much for the "peace-loving" Hoshido. They're not above taking hostages either, eh?

Remember that this hasn't been confirmed yet.

That's an interesting theory, but she doesn't really resemble anyone in the royal family, but then again neither does Kamui.

Hair ornaments confirmed! The customisation screen reads the following:

- Body

- Hair

- Hair ornament

- Hair colour

- Face

- Facial scar

- Voice

I'm loving the vocal cast so far. Sawashiro Miyuki's my favourite CV, so I'm thrilled to finally have confirmation of her role as Kamira. Seeing as Kaji's my second favourite, I'm completely content with this.

I wonder what sort of personality Leon will have if Miyano's providing his vocal clips.

So we can't be black?

Ah well.

We also learn some new names from the images, to bad it's too low quality to see who those names belong to.

This one has Suzukaze(?) I guess that's the green-haired ninja.

Here we have Erufi.

Edited by Ryo

That's an interesting theory, but she doesn't really resemble anyone in the royal family, but then again neither does Kamui.

Yeah. I'm really hoping this is true for two reasons:

1. It would make Hoshido and Nohr nations of more equal strength instead of the usual, cliched "empire of overwhelming might vs. small rebel alliance"

2. It would make the political situation more ethically complicated, as there wouldn't be a clear good and evil. Both sides would have wronged each other.

Yeah. I'm really hoping this is true for two reasons:

1. It would make Hoshido and Nohr nations of more equal strength instead of the usual, cliched "empire of overwhelming might vs. small rebel alliance"

2. It would make the political situation more ethically complicated, as there wouldn't be a clear good and evil. Both sides would have wronged each other.

So it might be a hostage exchange situation if Aqua was given to Hoshido after Kamui was kidnapped.

So it was hostage exchange.

Well, it was normal for Eastern countries to send children as hostages for... confirmation (We won't attack you, if we'll do something bad, you can kill my son)

Or to show good will (we trust you, so there is my son for some educational purpose)

...Kinda doubt that was 2nd option

^does that count as ninja'd? Because i think i was ninja'd

Edited by Random Person