"My Castle" Explanation Video Translation

I'm probably alone in seeing Fire Emblem Amie as NOT creepy. This level of "worship" seems reasonable considering My Unit is royalty, and most people would consider it an honor to have a member of royalty touch your face. At least I would find it an honor. :v

I find it more demeaning than an honor. Funnily enough face stroking was actually in Eirika's and Ephraim's C support. Eirika got agitated at Ephraim and told him stop treating her like a child. She blatantly said that it was not appropriate for them as it was when they were little. Remember that these two are twins, they have a very close relationship, and Eirika still found it uncomfortable.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it more demeaning than an honor. Funnily enough face stroking was actually in Eirika's and Ephraim's C support. Eirika got agitated at Ephraim and told him stop treating her like a child. She blatantly said that it was not appropriate for them as it was when they were little. Remember that these two are twins, they have a very close relationship, and Eirika still found it uncomfortable.

I thought the face petting was more symbolic, like. You tap them a couple times to represent some sort of physical intimacy but you aren't like.... actually rubbing their face. Or like - Joker's hair rub was definitely an anime-esque head pat since you can see the rubbing? But Felicia's was a poke on the lips so maybe it indicates a kiss? Her reaction didn't seem like it, but..... Unnecessary and hilarious it may be, but I'll give it a chance. Anything for those nice portrait shots.

I actually thought this as well, though I'm not sure if there was any actual evidence of it in the video. It'd be nice though. "Ryouma, I know you have an army to run and a war to win, but that stew you made the other day? It was amazing so I need you to go on cooking duty from now on."

Imagine sending Leon to man the weapon's shop when he's being bad. "But I don't know anything about swor-" "Shut up and do it ya little brat"

Meanwhile your support drops back down to nothing and you get to see him try and fail to be a humble shopkeeper who knows nothing about what he's selling

Yea i need a fake beard if they won't let me have a real one. Actually if we do have real facial hair i still want fake beards. The more the hairier. Wonder which hat i would chose to go with it though. A hat really makes the difference for a fake beard, go for a wizard look maybe or a lumberjack that would be okay.

I want to see the fandom reaction to fedoras.

Not that I like the face rubbing, but if it turns out Kamui is only gently caressing them and that the whole rubbing their face like a pet thing is just a game mechanic, would you look at it as less unatural? That's what I'm really hoping for, although it doesn't make the responses less weird.

It's doesn't have to be as demeaning as petting someone like an animal for it to be unnatural. Face touching is just a super intimate gesture, something I can only imagine happening between lovers or parents and young children. Unless Kamui is in a physical relationship with each and every member of his army (something fan artists are already working on, I'm sure), Kamui doesn't have the right to just start touching people, and realistically, they wouldn't allow it. People who don't find this creepy or unnatural should attempt it in real life and report the results. NekoKnight does not claim legal responsibility for your actions.

Here's what they could do to fix Fire Emblem Amie. Save the skinship for S rank support level ONLY. I'm okay with physical intimacy when there is a relationship to support it but using touching as the standard for relationship building is absurd. These are supposed to be people, not Kamui's submissive play-things.

Edited by NekoKnight

Thank you kindly for your hard work and translations. I've been following yours for a while faithfully and I really appreciate your efforts to do these and churn them out so quickly. =]

I got a good chuckle out of the "depressed moe sound"

I hope they have a fake beard, i have to add my beard in some how if it isn't an customization option.
Ah screw it, Fake beards for Everyone!!!!!

This. Please. Facial hair emblem is under way!

And also hopefully glasses.

Not quite. Here's what each of them yield, with differences in bold.

Shiny tiles - Random item, experience, support (if applicable), weapon experience

Barracks - Random item, experience, conversation between two random characters (if said characters can support, then support will be raised), stat boost for one chapter, nothing at all, special events on birthdays

The difference is that you're guaranteed something from the shiny tiles, even if it's not applicable (like weapon experience when all weapon ranks are maxed). The barracks can literally give you nothing. Oh, and the shiny tiles are guaranteed to appear on a map, so the more maps you play, the more you can grab from them. Barracks are timed.

Late reply, but thank you for the corrections.

Here's what they could do to fix Fire Emblem Amie. Save the skinship for S rank support level ONLY. I'm okay with physical intimacy when there is a relationship to support it but using touching as the standard for relationship building is absurd. These are supposed to be people, not Kamui's submissive play-things.

But the worst part is, even then it's so one-sided that he'd have to be in that specific type of relationship with everyone. And for quite a few characters I don't really see it working.

I do realize there's not much of a point to keep talking about that, and since I have yet to actually voice an opinion on the rest I will say that I actually like the concept of MyCastle quite a bit. I AM worried that some features will be game-breaking, but most of what has been shown to us looks like a nice little time waster and I'm going to have a blast with it.

Thanks for the hard work Rey. I imagine it's gotta suck translating something only for people to tear apart the feature, so I want to apologize on their behalf.

That depressed moe noise was the best part of the translation.

That said, I am really enjoying the MyCastle feature. It almost gives this domestic, homey kind of feel to Fire Emblem. Yes we're in the middle of a war and yes it sucks, but a warm bath and (hopefully)good food makes the whole thing suck a lot less. The Amie thing is odd, but you could easily use the pair up system for that support boost.

Also glad to see confirmation that MyCastle is for both Hoshido and Norh. Good part of the shitstorm over this feature was over the apparent fact MyCastle was Hoshido only.

If they give us glasses, fake beards, and fedoras, I will officially take back everything bad I've said about this mode. My army will be the epitome of terrible sophisticated fashion!

Well, except Fire Emblem Amie. I stand by my opinion that it should have stayed in Pokemon.

Edited by Espella

I disagree. There are certain points where the game's difficulty spikes upwards so drastically that if the game isn't balanced around grinding, it's not balanced at all. Chapter 5 Lunatic is a good example of this. Even if you do Donnel's paralogue to get the Rescue staff and have proper pairings and use chokepoints properly you'll still be overpowered if you're unlucky or didn't abuse Frederick in earlier chapters.

But in Lunatic you can't even grind at that point. The skirmishes are all actually higher leveled than the available story chapters.

Unless you're talking about the DLC? But that would basically mean infinite leveling, and the game clearly wasn't designed around that either.

Edited by NeonZ

More appropriately, the game was designed around Munchkining. Well, it's not a term yet but it should be.

What I mean is, since the most significant change on higher difficulty levels before Lunatic+ are the stats of the enemies, the focus of the game is more on powering up the characters so they can keep up with the stat inflation, and less about how you should actually tackle the map and it's unique challenges. The difference is obvious if you compare Awakening to IS other games, most obviously the Advance Wars series were leveling up units is a complete non-concern, yet those games are still hard as hell.

But in the kind of game design that is more designed around the behavior of a munchkin, passing up any possible sources of power is a massive handicap to yourself. That is not something you should have to do unless you actually want to challenge yourself even further.

Edited by BrightBow

One thing that annoyed me about KH:3D was that, in order to unlock skills for battle and actually make your Dream Eaters useful, you had to do the pet rubbing. It got tiresome after some time and made Proud mode harder than it should have been. So I understand why someone might resent the "Fire Emblem Amie" if it offered stat boosts that could be essential for a perfect Lunatic+ run.

Common misconception. You didn't have to do it. You got link points (what was used to unlock the skills) in battle by attacking while your dream eater is (and since quite a few of them have long duration attacks, it's very easy to rack them up). Anyway, back on topic.

Imagine sending Leon to man the weapon's shop when he's being bad. "But I don't know anything about swor-" "Shut up and do it ya little brat"

Meanwhile your support drops back down to nothing and you get to see him try and fail to be a humble shopkeeper who knows nothing about what he's selling

Watch what you're saying. I know a thing or two about swords. ;)

Edited by Leon of Nohr

Common misconception. You didn't have to do it. You got link points (what was used to unlock the skills) in battle by attacking while your dream eater is (and since quite a few of them have long duration attacks, it's very easy to rack them up). Anyway, back on topic.

Wish I'd noticed while playing, but ah well. It wasn't that big of a deal and the Dream Eaters were cute. (well, most of them) Still loved the game.

I don't think that Fire Emblem If will use this rubbing feature for anything beyond tiny stat buffs, and even that might not be a thing as it's kind of unclear atm. So it doesn't matter too much unless you're a Lunatic mode runner.

Edited by Nakaion

It's not true for skills but it is true to "make your Dream Eaters useful". If you don't rub your Dream Eaters, they will basically stop fighting eventually since they have a happiness, enthusiasm bar or something. If you played MH4, you should have an idea how that worked. Also, rubbing was basically the way to do what amounts to changing their class. This would affect their available moves and AI.

Edited by BrightBow

It's not true for skills but it is true to "make your Dream Eaters useful". If you don't rub your Dream Eaters, they will basically stop fighting eventually since they have a happiness, enthusiasm bar or something. If you played MH4, you should have an idea how that worked. Also, rubbing was basically changing their class. It would affect their available moves and AI.

Doing it occasionally was pretty much required, yes, but there wasn't much need to do it exceedingly often, as many of the critics of that system seem to think.

I don't have many complaints about IF so far but one things kind of erks me...

Does it bother anyone else that when you beat someone in a streetpass battle you can (it seems) recruit any of their allies, not only their Kamui?

Like, let's say I streetpass someone who is using Ryouma, and I beat them and recruit him, that would really kill the "immersive" story for me.

That also means that everyone is recruitable if you have a friend with the opposite version (A-la Pokemon), and I don't like that when there's 2 sides at war.

It would also be really easy to end up with clones. Even if it's a just for fun sort of thing and I'll obviously just avoid it, I just find it kind of annoying and weird that it's even an option.

Edited by Sroy

Doing it occasionally was pretty much required, yes, but there wasn't much need to do it exceedingly often, as many of the critics of that system seem to think.

True but it could be very frustrating. Particular when it comes to unwanted class changes since you could only change directly into the old class if you weren't leaving the Dream Eater window, otherwise their eyes might change to an entirely different color. And since there was no way to tell when their eyes would change again, if you wanted them in a certain class you had to keep rubbing for possibly quite some time until you got lucky or to simply give up. And when you started rubbing, you had no idea if the proper class was even available until the eyes changed for the first time. You could spend like 15 minutes watching the same animation over and over just to suddenly find out that all the effort was pointless.

Wait that was wrong, there were four eye colors. A Dream Eater had the change to switch between 2 sets of them, depending on whether or not they liked being rubbed in a particular fashion (horizontal / vertical). The problem came from the fact that Dream Eaters were always changing their preferences and they were always playing the happy animation as long as they got stats out of getting rubbed, even if they didn't actually like it. So it was impossible to tell how they actually liked being touched and therefore in which class they might change. At least until they no longer gained anything, but by that time they might have switched classes already.

Edited by BrightBow

That also means that everyone is recruitable if you have a friend with the opposite version (A-la Pokemon), and I don't like that when there's 2 sides at war.

It would also be really easy to end up with clones. Even if it's a just for fun sort of thing and I'll obviously just avoid it, I just find it kind of annoying and weird that it's even an option.

They could block clones, like how you couldn't have two of the same spotpass character/avatar in Awakening. That scene with what looked like an Einherjar store had some story characters listed, but grayed out.

But, yes, it seems to suggest you can get an army with everyone in any of the routes. It actually makes me think that the 3rd route might involve new characters too, rather than just uniting the two armies, since it'd give even more variety to player's castles and armies.

They really should make this function work online though, limiting it to streetpass makes it very limited to a lot of people worldwide...

Edited by NeonZ

I had just had a thought. It was shown in a screenshot from 1-2 weeks ago that Kamui in battle was partially transformed into his dragon form. What if he wasn't partially transformed at all! Kamui was just wearing accessories.

I don't have many complaints about IF so far but one things kind of erks me...

Does it bother anyone else that when you beat someone in a streetpass battle you can (it seems) recruit any of their allies, not only their Kamui?

Like, let's say I streetpass someone who is using Ryouma, and I beat them and recruit him, that would really kill the "immersive" story for me.

I was thinking at this. I hope you can't bring this characters in the main campain. And also the hats, beards and whatever are. Bravely Default demonstrated how this was stupid, by permitting you to dress as a dog in a funeral.

I was thinking at this. I hope you can't bring this characters in the main campain. And also the hats, beards and whatever are. Bravely Default demonstrated how this was stupid, by permitting you to dress as a dog in a funeral.

The accessories may be My Castle only.

The descriptions state their effects only work in My Castle battles.

Also, that's a good point about the game blocking clones... Although I just realised the player didn't have enough gold to buy the story characters. So it's not confirmed either way.

First off, SoC, wonderful job on the translation. You deserve better praise.

Secondly, I'm not sure about the face-rubbing thing, but if people see any cutscenes they would rather ignore (like the hot tub scenes), I'm pretty sure they can press start to skip those scenes. Voila! No hot tub fanservice!

Also...

Just don't equip the accessories if you yourself don't want anyone wearing them in serious moments. No need to restrict it for everyone.

How we can know were the serious moments are going to happen? Maybe you put a pimp hat on your character for be swagg in a battle, then something bad happens in a cutscene and you find him all sad in a serious moment with your swaggy pimp hat.

And think at all the youtube videos this will create.

Also, just for have this option in the main story IS will be hardly criticized for breaking the immersion of the game. Giving liberty to the player for every stupid thing isn't a good idea. Do you know how many videos exist of Fallout where the player jump and jump on npcs heads? Do you think it's reasonable that no one of them become angry?

Edited by ENS

How we can know were the serious moments are going to happen? Maybe you put a pimp hat on your character for be swagg in a battle, then something bad happens in a cutscene and you find him all sad in a serious moment with your swaggy pimp hat.

And think at all the youtube video this will create.

You said you didn't want characters wearing anything in the main campaign. But shouldn't cutscenes in the story only be prompted by intentionally starting and winning a battle obviously for the main campaign? If so, you should be able to prepare yourself.

This answer does not respond to many of the points that I brought.

However, we can prepare ourselfs at the start of the chapter, of course, but if happens something before the end of the ending cutscene? Maybe during the battle, or in the ending cutscene (more probable), or even in the starting cutscene?

Edited by ENS

This answer does not respond to many of the points that I brought.

However, we can prepare ourselfs at the start of the chapter, of course, but if happens something before the end of the ending cutscene? Maybe during the battle, or in the ending cutscene (more probable), or even in the starting cutscene?

First, I made the post when your own post only went as far as the YouTube video remark at the time. In response to that, the game is only playable by one person, so giving liberty is not a bad thing. There aren't any player-controlled heads to jump on here, right? Crud, misread something! o.o; But if you don't want do be able to do something, don't do it. Don't like that others are taking advantage of these liberties? Ignore it, it's not supposed to affect your experience of the game, even if someone uploads it to YouTube. I highly doubt IS will be criticized for giving liberty to people in a game where people will create many self-imposed challenges anyways.

Second, I highly doubt you'll run into an unexpected, serious story moment while in My Castle out of nowhere. You take off your accessories there, go select the chapter, start it, and cutscenes will happen until you get back to the castle, and then you can put stuff on again until you decide to start another chapter. Simple as that!

Edited by DarkGold777