"I just want to know one thing!" - Fire Emblem: Fates

Rapier

For a (female) avatar who's going to marry Rhajat, what might a good boon/bane/talent be?

Rhajat herself will depend on who her mother is. Assuming you wind up with a high Magic Rhajat and make her an Onmyoji, though, you'll probably want Defense as your boon and Luck or Resistance as your bane. Talent should be whatever class you'd like Rhajat to get that she can't get from her parents or A+ rank buddies. You could go with Dark Mage if you want her to be more like Tharja.

I heard that there's a lobster reference in one of Ryoma's localized support convos? Is that true?

301.jpg

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sooooo... how late can I recruit Flora in Revelations? If I can at all? (I better be able to)

I believe the earliest you can recruit her is Chapter 23. After that chapter, I'm pretty sure you can get her at any point after a battle once you actually get Level 3 of either the Fire Orb, Ballista or Launcher.

Two questions regarding construction in My Castle.

1) If I build something, upgrade it to level 3, but then demolish it, does it keep the upgrades should I decide to rebuild it? I assume so, but I want to be sure.

2) Let's say I've capped my Luck stat at (Just throwing a random number out here) 20, then build a statue that increases the Luck cap by 1. I increase my Luck to 21, but then I demolish the statue. I assume my Luck drops down to 20, but if I rebuild that statue (Or build a different statue that also increases Luck), do I get that point back and immediately go to 21, or do I have to earn it back?

In Awakening, unequipping Limit Breaker still remembered your LB stats and brought them back up when you reequipped it, but I don't know if Statues follow the same rules.

Two questions regarding construction in My Castle.

1) If I build something, upgrade it to level 3, but then demolish it, does it keep the upgrades should I decide to rebuild it? I assume so, but I want to be sure.

2) Let's say I've capped my Luck stat at (Just throwing a random number out here) 20, then build a statue that increases the Luck cap by 1. I increase my Luck to 21, but then I demolish the statue. I assume my Luck drops down to 20, but if I rebuild that statue (Or build a different statue that also increases Luck), do I get that point back and immediately go to 21, or do I have to earn it back?

In Awakening, unequipping Limit Breaker still remembered your LB stats and brought them back up when you reequipped it, but I don't know if Statues follow the same rules.

1) Yes, they will retain the upgrades if you choose to demolish and rebuild them them.

2) Yes, basically. The skill will increase to meet the cap if you've already capped it and remove/rebuild a statue. The cap increases also stack, though I haven't been able to check yet if the capped stat also increases to match the new cap.

Edited by AzureSen

1) Yes, they will retain the upgrades if you choose to demolish and rebuild them them.

2) Yes, basically. The skill will increase to meet the cap if you've already capped it and remove/rebuild a statue. The cap increases also stack, though I haven't been able to check yet if the capped stat also increases to match the new cap.

Good to know. I was going to be swapping statues in and out so it's good that my "progress" won't be reset every time I demolish some statues to build new ones.

Though I'm always going to have one less Magic than I could have thanks to not having Rhajat on this file. I don't suppose a logbook-recruited can earn a statue, yeah?

Good to know. I was going to be swapping statues in and out so it's good that my "progress" won't be reset every time I demolish some statues to build new ones.

Though I'm always going to have one less Magic than I could have thanks to not having Rhajat on this file. I don't suppose a logbook-recruited can earn a statue, yeah?

Theoretically you could remove everything but the essentials (armories, resources, etc.) and have enough room to put down everyone's statues in Birthright. And no, logbook units don't get any statues.

Theoretically you could remove everything but the essentials (armories, resources, etc.) and have enough room to put down everyone's statues in Birthright. And no, logbook units don't get any statues.

I'm playing Revelations.

Anyway, now for a totally unrelated question.

Which does Kagero want from her Friendship Seal; Oni Savage, Archer, or Cavalier? Tempted to go with Oni Savage just because it's a pretty rare class, but I'm already doing that with Charloette and Oboro so that might be overkill.

I was thinkin' bout making a topic for this, but wasn't sure it would be totally warranted... If people think it would instill enough discussion, then maybe I will...? IDK let me know if it seems fine to make a topic of this question:

I'm thinking of doing a Corrin Basara build for my Birthright run. Any suggestions for Basara!Corrin builds that aren't too grind-intensive or involve a ton of class swapping? I'm thinking of doing a Mag+/Luck- skill/flaw and possibly Diviner as talent (Planning to marry Oboro so suggestions for a good talent to give to her would be appreciated as well if she wants anything specific)

Actually I think I will make a topic for this after all, sorry for the wasted post. ~___~

Edited by BANRYU

I am planning on doing a Conquest playtrough on Lunatic/Casual, but after reading how Nohr is done I am in doubt if I just should choose revelation.
I really want to play ''competetive'' and do MyCastle battles, but I feel like Nohr is limited in alot of these ways.

- Are there enough Dragon Vein points on Conquest to get every shop to max?
- I have to start grinding, is grinding in Conquest by dlc hard? I read dlc scales with chapter, so should I completly grind every character out so I can get them all to max level?
- What are other downsides from conquest aside from Corin apparantly acting like an idiot?

I almost feel like I have to play revelations if I want to have a cool MyCastle setup and play competetive.

I am planning on doing a Conquest playtrough on Lunatic/Casual, but after reading how Nohr is done I am in doubt if I just should choose revelation.

I really want to play ''competetive'' and do MyCastle battles, but I feel like Nohr is limited in alot of these ways.

- Are there enough Dragon Vein points on Conquest to get every shop to max?

- I have to start grinding, is grinding in Conquest by dlc hard? I read dlc scales with chapter, so should I completly grind every character out so I can get them all to max level?

- What are other downsides from conquest aside from Corin apparantly acting like an idiot?

I almost feel like I have to play revelations if I want to have a cool MyCastle setup and play competetive.

DV is never an issue. Castle battles always available. plus, even in Revelation and Birthright, there's an equal amount to Conquest from Story mode anyways (besides extra in Revelation because extra children) but even that's not enough if you want Lvl 3 Statues everywhere. excluding Lvl 2+ Statues, story mode is enough for all buildings and then some

DLC grinding is more difficult than Awakening but not terribly difficult

other issues w/ not playing Revelation is weapons. you'd have to Weapon DLC more than Revelation since you can't simply buy them yourself (Dual Weapons, etc). and ofc Omega Yato

DV is never an issue. Castle battles always available. plus, even in Revelation and Birthright, there's an equal amount to Conquest from Story mode anyways (besides extra in Revelation because extra children) but even that's not enough if you want Lvl 3 Statues everywhere. excluding Lvl 2+ Statues, story mode is enough for all buildings and then some

DLC grinding is more difficult than Awakening but not terribly difficult

other issues w/ not playing Revelation is weapons. you'd have to Weapon DLC more than Revelation since you can't simply buy them yourself (Dual Weapons, etc). and ofc Omega Yato

That's great to hear, thanks for awnsering my questions. I just saw alot of posts saying the dlc was extremely hard and not aorth it because you can t level weak units with it. Glad that's not the case. I'll just grind every map a bit with all my characters so I can keep them on level with the scale of the story. Omega Yato is not a problem, don't like to play a sword user.

I got some questions regarding support conversations. Do support dialogues between characters stay the same in Revelations? I'm now playing Hosido path, and am currently using the units that I'm not even that interested in just so that I could grind affinity between units and see all their support logs. But I'd rather not spend time on grinding for that for the first 2 paths, if Revelations basically has the same support logs as both Hosido and Norh, including its own.

I got some questions regarding support conversations. Do support dialogues between characters stay the same in Revelations? I'm now playing Hosido path, and am currently using the units that I'm not even that interested in just so that I could grind affinity between units and see all their support logs. But I'd rather not spend time on grinding for that for the first 2 paths, if Revelations basically has the same support logs as both Hosido and Norh, including its own.

The only supports that are different between versions are Azura's supports with Corrin (Both genders).

So you can use Revelations to grind support for most everyone, but you'd have to do both a male and female run of both Conquest and Birthright to get all of Azura's.

Also, Yukimura and Izana cannot be recruited at all in Revelations, Gunter only has supports in Conquest, and Scarlet is subject to certain circumstances that make it much easier to gain supports for her in Birthright than in Revelations.

If you want to fully complete the support log, you'd need to do a male run of Birthright where you support with Yukimura and Izana, and marry Azura and Scarlet, then a female run of Birthright where you support with Azura and Scarlet and marry Yukimura and Izana, a male Conquest run where you support with Gunter (And Gunter supports with Jakob) and marry Azura, and a female Conquest run where you marry Gunter and support with Azura.

Edited by Anomalocaris

The only supports that are different between versions are Azura's supports with Corrin (Both genders).

So you can use Revelations to grind support for most everyone, but you'd have to do both a male and female run of both Conquest and Birthright to get all of Azura's.

Also, Yukimura and Izana cannot be recruited at all in Revelations, Gunter only has supports in Conquest, and Scarlet is subject to certain circumstances that make it much easier to gain supports for her in Birthright than in Revelations.

If you want to fully complete the support log, you'd need to do a male run of Birthright where you support with Yukimura and Izana, and marry Azura and Scarlet, then a female run of Birthright where you support with Azura and Scarlet and marry Yukimura and Izana, a male Conquest run where you support with Gunter (And Gunter supports with Jakob) and marry Azura, and a female Conquest run where you marry Gunter and support with Azura.

I see, Thank you for the detailed explanation! Looks like I could go a bit easy on grinding then.

Another update on my Avatar Log question, specifically about creating an "Avatar Army" in FE: Fates.

I can safely say that it is impossible to create a personalized Avatar Army using only one system.

I spedrun through the game again on a different difficulty, as per Frozenkappa's suggestion, to see if that will make any difference, but upon registration, it will still overwrite your previous Avatar character of that gender. Brute forcing the system is not possible as I recruited my previous character and attempted to register the new one in the shop, but the option was greyed out. In addition, as completing the game seemingly just gives you "5 Free Einherjar", I doubt the functionality would be different from purchasing it from the Einherjar Shop.

So, if you really want to make an personal Avatar Army, you will need a friend or an spare 3DS, but I have a feeling that you will only be able to register one avatar per "Unique Game ID". Otherwise, you will only be able to have a max of "Three Personal Avatars" (One male, one female, and your current active file), not counting Avatars obtained from Street Pass or the My Castle functionality. If you wanted an army of random Avatars gathered from Street Pass and My Castle, this should still be possible, its just that the player won't be able to make a customized army of his/her own.

Well, this revelation sucked out some of the fun for me as I had some builds planned out for my personalized characters. Guess I'll have to find another way to get them implemented...

Another update on my Avatar Log question, specifically about creating an "Avatar Army" in FE: Fates.

I can safely say that it is impossible to create a personalized Avatar Army using only one system.

I spedrun through the game again on a different difficulty, as per Frozenkappa's suggestion, to see if that will make any difference, but upon registration, it will still overwrite your previous Avatar character of that gender. Brute forcing the system is not possible as I recruited my previous character and attempted to register the new one in the shop, but the option was greyed out. In addition, as completing the game seemingly just gives you "5 Free Einherjar", I doubt the functionality would be different from purchasing it from the Einherjar Shop.

So, if you really want to make an personal Avatar Army, you will need a friend or an spare 3DS, but I have a feeling that you will only be able to register one avatar per "Unique Game ID". Otherwise, you will only be able to have a max of "Three Personal Avatars" (One male, one female, and your current active file), not counting Avatars obtained from Street Pass or the My Castle functionality. If you wanted an army of random Avatars gathered from Street Pass and My Castle, this should still be possible, its just that the player won't be able to make a customized army of his/her own.

Well, this revelation sucked out some of the fun for me as I had some builds planned out for my personalized characters. Guess I'll have to find another way to get them implemented...

Well thats unfortunate. Well, time to rev up and update my old 3ds and streetpass myself fourteen times. good news is this takes less time than brute forcing it.

streetpassing still works the same way right? You put the cart in a different 3ds, enable streetpass, save, return cart to main 3ds, travelers found at plaza?

Is there a legit way to get life and death on Nyx if shes married to silas already

You could buy it off of a Nyx that has it in someone else's My Castle. Why not ask in the Skill sharing thread?

Otherwise, no. I don't believe she can get it from anywhere except marrying a Corrin with Samurai as his Talent.

Also, I have a question. Did they just remove the whole "You must wait five minutes before you can visit castles again" thing? Because I just got back from some castles and can go out right away.

Edited by Anomalocaris

Also, I have a question. Did they just remove the whole "You must wait five minutes before you can visit castles again" thing? Because I just got back from some castles and can go out right away.

not sure what triggers it. it only happens on occasion

You could buy it off of a Nyx that has it in someone else's My Castle. Why not ask in the Skill sharing thread?

Otherwise, no. I don't believe she can get it from anywhere except marrying a Corrin with Samurai as his Talent.

I've only had it happen to me once, so far its been the exception not the rule for me.

I think its only if you leave manually rather than using a visit ending building or battling them?

I've had it still be available even after battle, though...

New question, though; what's the fastest way to level up Gunter? He's too weak to really fight strong enemies, and even the enemies that are barely manageable for him only give out 1 exp. He can't do Boo Camp at all.

I want to level him up as high as he can go just in defiance of the Jeigan trope.

if you got some takumi shinais

im sure he can get enough damage to hit boo camp enemies for 1 hp no

I mean, tonics, pair up, attack stance, setup, etc, find a skills my castle and get their oboro or something if you're on nohr--the lancer seals help a lot.

Edited by Thor Odinson