QOTD IV!! 884: Who should be next QOTD master and why, or should it die?

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice.

QUESTION EIGHT HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SIX: What're your feelings on swamps?

Im pretty cool with them. They smell funny, but generally pretty awesome. Great aesthetic. The bugs get on my nerves though...

okay where were all you magic dorks when the qotd was about magic lmao

QUESTION EIGHT HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN: If you could learn a dead language, what would it be?

Old Norse and Sumerian.

langobard probably

QUESTION EIGHT HUNDRED AND SIXTY-EIGHT: Do you readily try new things?

Very much so.

I love trying new things. I LIVE for new experiences, and they in turn make me want to live more. In fact, if I don't have new experiences every once in a while, I'll get into a rut.

Confession: I kind of judge people who are unwilling to try new things. : (

tbh, same here. The side-eye is stronk when someone is unwilling. Part of living is doing really strange and fun things with cool weirdos.

yes

QUESTION EIGHT HUNDRED AND SIXTY-NINE: Which finger do you start counting with?

left index finger

I can do either, I must be a genius.

tbh, same here. The side-eye is stronk when someone is unwilling. Part of living is doing really strange and fun things with cool weirdos.

I am already dead.

Edited by Refa

my index i believe. Not that i ever really pay too much attention how i start counting so :shrug:

Q867: sumerian b/c snow crash

Q868: if my friends are trying them

Confession: I kind of judge people who are unwilling to try new things. : (

it's ok same
you actively refuse to try anything I suggest to you that isn't music smh

edit: on second thought it's probably a passive refusal

Q869: Right index. I cannot imagine throwing out my thumb first, as I use it to hold the rest of my yet-to-be-counted fingers down.

Edited by Euklyd

Do I try new things? If I feel that the unknown reward outweighs the consequences of the action I take (in other words, as long as I don't end up in jail/hospital/trouble).

Counting? Left index.

you actively refuse to try anything I suggest to you that isn't music smh

edit: on second thought it's probably a passive refusal

hey i acknowledged that in another post

also i just remembered that im very hesitant about trying out anything euklyd recommends

oh shit you did

right index typically

QUESTION EIGHT HUNDRED AND SEVENTY: Describe every element of your ideal cheeseburger in glorious detail.

Either with spinach, tomato, onion, bacon, and an egg

or

this one I had once with pepper jelly, pimiento cheese, and fried onions.

Edited by Strawman

You get two potato bread buns (through pretzel buns are pretty nice if you're feeling a more salty side).

You spread some savory butter over the bottom bun, and lightly toast your buns.

Add some tangy barbecue sauce over the top bun.

Then, you get your juicy hamburger patty, place it on the bottom bun to absorb it's meaty juices.

If you feel meaty, you can place your oily bacon over it, to also have its juices be trapped under the nice gooey cheese that you're about to place.

You place the cheese over your meat, which traps those succulent juices inside and prevents the bun from over-sogging from the juices.

You now have an incredibly rich and hearty cheeseburger. But, you need to balance it out by placing that crunchy lettuce under the crispy bacon to absorb that oily goodness and the barbecue sauce, or under the top bun to drench your lettuce in that b-b-q sauce.

However, if you feel like you need a good crunch in your day, you add crunchy onion rings under the barbecue sauce, and slaughter barbecue sauce onto your lettuce. I'm not a personal fan of onion rings though, unless I really feel it.

You then add avocados under your lettuce. When you bite in, the avocados flavor cleverly compliments the barbecue sauce, and further balances the heavy feeling from adding all that meat.

Finally, you add some firm tomatoes that are not too juicy that it dominates the flavor, but with the purpose to add a subtle sort of freshness to your incredibly meat-heavy burger. The fatty texture of the avocado, makes it seem like the tomato isn't even there, but this subtle hint of freshness, make it taste sharp yet rich.

tl;dr

Potato Bread Bun (Pretzel Bun maybe)

Barbecue Sauce

(Onion rings when I feel it)

Bacon

(Barbecue Sauce if I add onion rings)

Lettuce

Avocados

Tomatoes

Cheese

Hamburger

Butter

Bun

Edited by ~Summer~

The truly mighty burgie must have swiss cheese melted gently on the patty. A slice of red onion nestled atop the cheese. Lettuce and tomato above that. Avocado is blanketed by bacon. Then the buns must have a gentle spread of dijon mustard and slight mix of ketchup. Aww yiss