SFMafia's Greatest Hits - Day 6

charlie_

actually yeah screw it ##Vote: Omega

MADE MY DECISION

I just don't buy the excuse at this point.

Prims, you keep talking about how the game needs a doctor, but what's the point if the entire scumteam can get past them? The SK gets a BPV if their kill fails but that can also apply to getting jailed as well as getting blocked by a town protective role.

I also find it fishy that in #956 he implied he was suspicious of Prims as well; then today happened with Prims voting me and Marth wondering whether a lynch other than me was viable and then he just voted me. okay.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

assuming the last scum just has a 1-shot strongman I don't see the problem? the protection seems more like deterrent from killstacking killing off townies too fast. safeguard can't get around other protective roles and hijack needs to know who the doc is to work (and still results in one player being protected). plus loud tracker and follower are pretty good roles...

before you were arguing that the other protective roles were gimmicky and unlikely to stop anything. now you're saying that the safeguard can't get around them? Hijack needs to know who the doc is, sure, but safeguard and strongman don't and that's already practically two free kills.

Saying the hijack still results in one player being protected is dumb because a) it doesn't matter since it's not the scum nk target and b) scum can use that to protect themselves from the SK, especially seeing as people aren't told when they're redirected

loud tracker and follower are pretty good roles. so why do we need a bunch of protection to go along with strong investigation? we also have the situationally useful third party checker which actually managed to be useful.

btw here's another point in my defence- scumbuddies are generally allowed to submit actions for their buddies. There's a follower report confirming that mancer idled n1. unless you want to argue that I'm only a 1x strongman or only a 1x strongman with a passive role, that would imply that I'm town.

If BBM is scum motivator he'd just like

Motivate Eli so that Eli can redirect two people

Or Motivate Gilg for SG+Roleblock

Then imagine

SG+RB+ShinoriRB+Redirector

I lied. I'm doing it.

SF's bloodlust for medical staff was finally satiated, albeit much later than expected.

Hello, Omega.

getting d1 doc lynched is my thing hdu

also obligatory cool mafuya game guys

You are Day 1 Doclynches, Town Super-Hated Doctor. Ever since FE4 Mafia, SF has had a habit of lynching unclaimed doctors Day 1 - to the point that it has become a running joke. At one point we had two games running at the same time where the we managed to lynch the doc on the first day on the first day. Even now, SF's bloodlust for medical staff cannot be satisfied - so watch yourself...

During the night, if you somehow dodge the Day 1 lynch, you may reply to your role pm with "Night X - Protect USER". You will save USER from any attempts made on their life that night phase.

In addition, because SF loves lynching their docs earlygame, you require less votes to hammer than anyone else. On Day 1 you take three less votes to lynch than the average person, two less on Day 2 and one less on Day 3. From Day 4 onwards, you will no longer suffer from any vote related weakness. You're not an Unlimited Voting Mayor, after all.

You are aligned with the Town. You win when all threats to the Town are eliminated, or nothing can prevent the same.

And with that, #sfmafia mafia's win once more in what wasn't really a comeback, especially for Prims.

Hello, Prims.

"WHO NEEDS SCUMBUDDIES" - sb, crying on the inside

You are The Comeback, Mafia Conditional Lynchproof/Comeback Kid. In SFMM4, all of my buddies kind of flailed around and died very early on - leaving me to solo at 20p game with 13 players left alive. Fully expecting failure, I decided to continue just to see how far I could get... until I didn't die. Arguably it was because town decided to play the Game of Throws, but that makes my glorious victory sound a lot lamer, so we'll just put it down to me and kirsche (my hydra buddy) being amazing.

Because you are used to surviving as your team explodes around you, any attempt to lynch you the day after one of your scumbuddies die will fail and default to a no lynch. This doesn't work any variants of *YLO.

In addition, as a cornered cat becomes a lion, you will gain more abilties as your faction comes under fire. If any member of your faction is lynched or dies at night, you will gain access to a new, predetermined ability based on which of you was lynched or killed.

You are aligned with the mafia. You win when the mafia has achieved parity with the town, and all threats to your faction are eliminated.

Which leaves the remaining town being endgamed. They were:

Hello, zerosabers.

Mandatory reading, a single quote can't sum this up.

You are SFMM2 Endgame, Town Conditional Bulletproof. For most of SFMM2, town had been moled by the Mason-turned-Arsonist, Strawman, who had primed every living player in the game aside from Marth - and nothing was capable of stopping him from igniting. Luckily, eclipse caught onto this last second and ended up killing Strawman on the same night, leading to a literary masterpiece and Marth somehow surviving as everyone died around him.

As you are used to your comrades dying around you out of nowhere, you have gotten used to surviving alone. If two or more townies have died during the previous night phase, you will be immune to a single attempt on your life made that night phase.

You are aligned with the Town. You win when all threats to the Town are eliminated, or nothing can prevent the same.

Hello, Mancer.

You can do it, SB! Even though all your buddies have died, even though you can't use the power of friendship anymore to help you... You can at least avenge us! We will always follow you in spirit and support you.

... Or take some of those bastards down before dying. Since it's likely that we'll fail, then let's fail epicly.

You are Rapier's Inspirational Speech, Town Delayed Motivator. In Super C9++, my scumteam got screwed over by a combination of setup imbalance and generally playing badly, to the point that I had basically given up. At this point, Rapier, one of my dead buddies, sent me an incredible inspirational speech over role pm, telling me never to give up... 24 hours after my lynch. Good work, Rapier.

During the night, you may reply to your role pm with "Night X - Don't give up, USER!". You will inspire USER to keep going despite any hardships they may face, allowing them to take two night actions instead of one. However, as your speeches come kind of late, they may only do this two nights after you first motivated them.

Congrats to the mafia, Prims, Elieson, and King Gligamesh for winning! SB postgame when

gg all. this was probably one of my best scum games in a while.

Omega really screwed town by not putting any effort in after claiming. Not sure if he was just too busy or what. I would've been super paranoid about him as town but since I was mafia I didn't wanna bother touching the issue.

people oughta quit with the "Prims isn't tryharding = scum" meta because when they were throwing that at me it was because I was legit pre-occupied due to conflicts in my friend group whereas lategame when I was actually getting lazy because I was scum nobody said a thing. I intentionally lurk as town early on anyway.

shout-out to Elie for being a good buddy, this was a huge step up from his past scum games and the slip that fully did him in was just as much my fault because he mentioned eclipse claiming her target in chat and I didn't remember it happening but didn't think to double-check. in the end it may have been a boon for us because it reduced the info town could've gotten out of D5.

Edited by Prims

SFMM2's endgame was brought up, so instead of banning SB for missing some key moments in SF mafia history, I'll suspend him until he's old enough to be a grandpa. :P:

Stuff that didn't make it into the game (that should've):

- Unicycle's FUCK TIGER

- Most of FE10 Mafia (right up to where the cult recruited me on the same night that the game ended)

- Weapons BSing as cop in Assassin's Guild

- Disgaea Mafia, where the hosts led the town to victory

- Whatever Pokemon-themed mafia General Spoon hosted, where Life wrote the book on how to play OC

- Me fucking over Haze when he was a hidden in one of the SFMM mafias. :P:

- SB'S FIRST GAME AS SCUM!

EDIT: Game's over, whatcha gonna do about it? :P:

Edited by eclipse

- SB'S FIRST GAME AS SCUM!

yeah the fact that nothing from ssbu was a role is kind of absurd. it's probably because nobody wants to remember that game. i don't even recall what i'm posting about here

I thought your slot was obviously town so I did it because I thought I'd have done it as town. it wasn't guaranteed people would listen to me and it was easier than BSing a case on you anyway.

Lol. My reads were so bad this game. AND BBM FLAVOR PERSON DIDN'T DIE 'TIL SUPER LATE SO I COULDN"T BE SUPER LAZY TOWN. ;A;

Though I don't really think I did a whole lot that game, personally, lol. I kinda ignored Prims half the game 'cause he wasn't setting off scum vibes for me and tunneled on townies for other reasons.

GG and wp scum team, though I find it a bit awkward that, half the time (as a stump) I was more actively posting than some of our townside living players... ._.;;

Eury you kinda petered out after we killed you, like you would post huge walls of text about how some townie looking guy didn't HAVE to be town but since you weren't actually scumreading him it was (besides being wrong) totally pointless. Save your breath!