Ragnarok Online Mafia [Game Over]

Elieson

@Refa: I'm not "throwing reads without justification", I'm just giving less justification, but the explanations are there. I come up with new tells sometimes, too. Shyguy is just obvtown, call it gut, call it whatever. Do you seriously expect him to post like that in his first game as scum? He feels too comfortable with what he's doing to be something other than town.

I never said without justification, I said without believable justification, as in "I don't buy it". Fair enough on the new tells, though. Sure, Shyguy could do just that. Being comfortable with doing nothing doesn't make you town, unfortunately. Anyways, it's better to case him so that he'll actually do something as either alignment and my read can evolve (at level 16).

Zerosabers rewording other peoples' reads will become more obvious/telling as people start to have more complex reads. At this point, it's nothing that bothers me. Would sheep your Blitz read though, since it puts into words a lot of things that bothered me about that post but I wasn't sure exactly why. I'd prefer to give him 1-2 posts before voting him myself because it'll explain if there was a purpose behind those questions. Actually one nitpick, he can't be shooting down Eury's townread on you because it never existed.

##Vote: Refa

Eury analysing a wagon is most definitely game advancing lol and thinking that Mitsuki is actually scummy is ok too. You can agree with someone but think their reasoning is wrong.

There's a difference between analyzing the wagon and complaining about it. She's not agreeing with someone but thinking their reasoning is wrong; her only issue was that too many people were voting Mitsuki.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh and ##Vote: Eurykins because of ....

Mod PSA:

• If you change your username mid-game, tell me, because the OP has ISO links (where if you click the user's name, it will filter out all other posts in the thread except for said user's). It's Username dependent and I need to update it as you dimwits change your names, and I might not notice it immediately
  • I'm going to attempt to use the Votal Bot, which requires that all Vote and Unvote instances be on their own seperate line. FWIW, this vote wouldn't be recognized by the Votal Bot. Why am I using it? So you chumps can get votals while I'm at work or asleep.

V-V-V-Votals!

Eurykins (4): Izhuark, Refa, Crysta, Life

Life (2): Lord Gaius, Blitz
King Gilgamesh (2): Baldrick, prims
Koneko/Mitsuki (1): SB.
zerosabers (1): King Gilgamesh
Izhuark (1): Eurykins
Refa (1): Executive Kirsche
Blitz (1): zerosabers
Voteless (4): The3rdCorinthian, Faerie Knight, Koneko/Mitsuki, SuperShyGuy94
54 Hour remain in phase. A Hammer of 9 votes will end phase immediately, but with no hammer, Day 1 will still end with a lynch on the single player with the most votes.
Edited by Elieson

Phoneposting because I'm nstalling a new OS in my computer.

@Refa: Sure but the way he did makes him ovbtown. Feel free to disagree, but don't try to impose your reads on me.

Also potential townreads*, but you already knew what I meant. Man Refa, get better reads already and stop nitpicking my posts because that's only going to make me annoyed.

##Vote: Life

what was the point of your two posts?

To point out A) that my role is beyond stupid (I literally can't think of a single way in how to use it and I came up with an SK fake role PM for a Rogue) and B) why it took me six hours to look at the thread which is quite literally THE DUMBEST WAY TO ACCUSE SOMEONE OF BEING MAFIA.
Glad to know the intelligence quotient of the people here is still on the lower side of zero.

Iunno about Kitsuki but Mitsuki's Blitz read is good and sheepable so I'm content with the slot, dunno why Blitz is voting life for making two pointless posts as if he expected anything else from NOC!Life.

This is actually one of the funniest things I've ever read.
  • If you change your username mid-game, tell me, because the OP has ISO links (where if you click the user's name, it will filter out all other posts in the thread except for said user's). It's Username dependent and I need to update it as you dimwits change your names, and I might not notice it immediately

Geez, bitchy much? I hope your biological clock isn't giving you too much trouble right now.

Mafia sucks.

Koneko's response suggests that the hydra actually discussed their earlygame case so they're probably town. Non-mechanical hydras are dumb but I'll take it.

##Unvote
##Vote: Eurykins

If you're against the Mitsuki wagon (despite scumreading her yourself) because of some of the votes on it, why are you not going after anyone on it? After a bit more reading apparently Refa and I are on the same wavelength again which is kind of hilarious but whatever.

I want to see where Blitz goes with his questions but he feels kind of different to his usual town self this game.

I kinda dislike zerosabers because the way they justified Baldrick as town strikes me as kind of overly long winded but I feel like the way he's reposting other people's reads as his own is also too blatant to come from scum.

@Refa: Sure but the way he did makes him ovbtown. Feel free to disagree, but don't try to impose your reads on me.

Also potential townreads*, but you already knew what I meant. Man Refa, get better reads already and stop nitpicking my posts because that's only going to make me annoyed.

You asked me a question and I answered it. If you consider that imposing my reads on you, I don't know what to tell you.

Actually, I didn't. Considering that didn't influence my read on you, your last portion is pretty irrelevant.

Geez, bitchy much? I hope your biological clock isn't giving you too much trouble right now.

if you wanna lend me some of your birth control pills, that might help

in other news I've made a modification to at least one RolePM just now.

in other news I've made a modification to at least one RolePM just now.

Can you modify mine so that it doesn't suck? Feel free to take out the role and just make me a vanilla townie, I ain't using my role period.

Getting a mild scumread on Zero right now. I don't like his initial vote for Mitsuki. Whilst I may not have any experience of Mafia, I would have thought that it would be a better idea to try and put pressure on some of the quieter players. I also don't like how he quickly. Changes his vote to Blitz, especially since from some of the games I've read, it's Blitzs nature to ask a lot of seemingly random questions to a lot of people in order to zone in on the scum.

Not got many town reads yet. I do have confidence that Mitsuki is town, and I think gains is too, though that's more my gut than any real data. I'll do a proper read in the morning: using my phone right now

##Vote:zerosabers

Edited by The3rdCorinthian

I'm not sure what you're referring to with the comment about pressuring quieter players, but iirc zero has never actually played with Blitz so how were they supposed to know that he does that? And why is Mitsuki calling out Blitz's questions fine by you when she has played with him before?

I thought that it would be a better idea to try and get a rise out of quiet players in order to get information from their reactions as to whether or not they're scum.

I didn't know that zero and Blitz haven't played before. Also I didn't see Mitsukis post, though if She's seeing something suspicious in Blitz, I'd like to see that post.

To be honest, I'm kinda acting like a smart arse. Just because I've read some games and learnt some terms doesn't makes me skilled in any way.

Give. The info on how zero and Blitz haven't played before, I think I may reconsider my Vote on Zerosabers. The main reason I thought he might be scum was the switch between Mitsuki and Blitz, but I can now see that it was kinda justified.

##unvote

##Vote:Blitz

Your questions are usually directed to help move the game forward but most of the questions asked this time around were something that was considered common knowledge for D1 situations. It's different from your usual playstyle and it's been bugging me for that same reason.

Where is Fairy Knight? They really should come in here and post something.

Eurykins has had some points brought up against her, I'd like to see them addressed to get a better read on both her and Refa.

I like what Refa has posted so far and he's probably my strongest town read, though that isn't saying too much with everyone still hovering around neutral.

SB is another contender for townish right now. Though pretty much for the same reason as Refa.

Crysta also has a slight town read, but it really isn't that significant with only one post to her name.

Gaius, TheThird, Baldrick, and Gilgamesh are all null right now.

Koneko and Mitsuki have progressed to pretty much the same point as Gaius and co. Though I'm not used to having two players as one.

What is going on with Life though? He's just really angry.

Mafia is really hard when you suck.

I don't get your reasonements people "common knowledge" and "obvious" answers are not something worth ignoring in mafia. It's oftent because we think that something is obvious and come without saying that mafia can slip in without us noticing (and it's what happen in the last NOC game). I think it's unwise to blam blitz when he try to ask question on the little RVS content there been so far to start a dicussion about them, it's called make the game advance. I could argue to that this notion should go without saying too.

Anyway question in RVS are GOOOD so let's ask some everyone ! (will come back in a few minute, I'm still not experienced enough to know what kind of thing, i should ask to actually start discussions. But yeah let's discuss a lot :D)

Some of Blitz' questions can help advance the game.

However some of them had also already been answered or have obvious answers.

why start off with an OMGUS?

why do you drop your vote the moment someone calls you town?

why did you feel the need to say this?

what makes you think this?

1. Had already been answered when Prim asked.

My problem with 2 and 3 probably comes from Shyguy seeming like someone who rolled town first game. Though this one is debatable.

4. The post itself was already short and jokey while we were transitioning out of RVS.

Okay you clearly don't understand my point : all start from those short "joke" post and questioning about them is what actually make the game start, it's not bad by itslelf and can make scums leave scumreads.

So talking about that, everyone what do you think scum would likely do to pass unremarked on D1 and do you think anyone had this behavior until now ?

Not post or posting minimal content. Several people are guilty of not posting (you know who you are), but the latter is harder to tell ATM.

To be honest, I'm kinda acting like a smart arse. Just because I've read some games and learnt some terms doesn't makes me skilled in any way.

Fake it until you make it.

@Izhuark: it's not about how fair it is to case someone for asking questions. It's about how Blitz's questions seem completely devoid of a purpose (not even advancing the game) other than seeming active and contributing, and/or painting someone as scummy depending on the answer. It seems blatant to me that his questions were not made from a townie's point of view, since as town you'd try to ask about something that you've thought about with a reasoning behind, and not ask random questions that have a "pls reply with something that I can scumresd you on, kthx" view in mind and see what sticks.

And if you still think that asking random questions is a nulltell, just let me say that in IRL/EM mafia when I roll scum I tend to ask questions of that sort a lot, to see if I can actually get a read based on someone's reply. Vhaltz does too; I've caught him using that tell a couple of times, so I'm definitely not the only one. The question here is if it applies to Blitz as well but based on what I recall about his meta I think it does. The other times his questions felt completely different from what I pointed out now, and I could see how they made sense from his point of view.

Startin' from Page 6 'cause there's nothing much worth replying/noting on prior pages IMO.

>> Also actually going to chop up the responses in lieu of certain comments wrt post length (looking at you Baldrick) having been made earlier. (Even though it's so inefficient this way, srsly...)

Oh and ##Vote: Eurykins because of a gut feeling and NOT TALKING TO PEOPLE OUTSIDE OF A GAME THREAD IS FUCKING STUPID.

Mkay.

zero/eury are a lesser scumread, since neither of them have a problem with Mitsuki's case but are voting/would vote them because they see nothing stronger. There's sufficient pressure on her to make her talk. If you're town, this isn't the time to be resting on your laurels and waiting for something to happen, you need to make something happen.

I was watching and seeing what panned out wrt Mitsuki slot, as nothing much else was happening at the time. It was also later in the evening as well, so I had little interest in starting/getting into any sort of real scum hunting as I was tired and had work this morning (so went to bed not too long after the game started), as I care little for the slimmest of notions/casing on people early on (I like more meat in my cases if possible).

why start off with an OMGUS?

It was my RVS joke post/vote? (As noted at least twice in my first few posts wrt him killing my Poros/avatar.) I don't see anything wrong with doing so.

Eury complaining about the Mitsuki wagon without explaining why/who on it is bad is scummy. It doesn't help progress the game any, and considering that she said she'd vote Mitsuki if she had to vote anyone, her issues with the wagon aren't justified. You can't complain about people having tunnel vision on the wagon when you don't even have any alternative that you're bothered by yourself.

##Unvote

1. I had little interest in pointing direct fingers at people. It was clear and easy to tell/see who exactly was guilty of dropping Mitsuki/Kitsuki votes right out the gate and not doing anything else; there's no reason for me to outline/highlight specific names- if you REALLY feel the need for me to do so, I suppose I can go back and re-emphasize the players and their actions.

2. I don't see the issue with me not voting her at the time that I mentioned her (especially since it was stuck in my RVS vote post). Her slot wasn't scummy enough to warrant a vote, and I moreso felt that people jumping on her wagon ED1 was more suspect than the slot under pressure/suspicion.

Eury's slot is bothering me the most right now. Even if it's just a very slight scumread on Mitsuki, she has pretty much admitted it's the only one she has so far, and yet she's RVS voting for Izhuark still.(1) I would consider laying a vote on someone with the slightest scum tingle over keeping it on an RVS vote (and as Blitz pointed out, an OMGUS at that (2) ).

I mean, sure, I don't know why you wouldn't? I assume you intend to return to the thread, so it's not like it's locked in, and the vote seems more deserving there atm.
I also don't like this:
How she phrased what should have been a statement into a question. It may just be a personal peeve of mine: it implies slight uncertainty, like someone is fishing around for what the other guy wants to hear more than just being forthright. Regardless, not liking it.

1. Read above for the response(s) since it basically covers the answer there.

2. I never knew an RVS vote could seem so controversial (even when the blatant joke/reasoning behind it was posted several times, as stated above). There's 0 reason for the supposed "OMGUS" vote to have any sort of casing against me, since there's literally no reason for me to have gotten actually defensive/otherwise affected by his RVS vote on me, so I'm not really seeing the logic of people using that to attempt to read what I'm saying/doing?

TL;DR: Pretty graspy at best and lacks a lot of solid backbone as a valid "point" against me.

3. Just because someone piques my interest does not mean I have to vote for them at that given point/time. I am not obligated to place/replace my vote until I see fit to do so, and given the fact that I really didn't scum read Mitsuki's slot much at all, I don't see why I "SHOULD HAVE" placed my vote on her slot.

-----

My thoughts on the above:

- Life is being life (so nothing new with the super hostile-esque posting), but don't care for "follow the leader" shit either.

- Haven't read enough of the others (from at least page 6) to pull up any meaningful thoughts on anyone else who posted/I bothered responding to.

ONTO PAGE 7!