Shin Megami Tensei IV: Final

Jedi

So... i wonder why anyone would choose to go Anarchic from a gameplay standpoint.

Maybe it has some big benefits in other areas like more free access to different demon races (if moon phase effects ability to contact with demons) or whenever the MC takes effective damage he pulls off some counterattack or something.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any word if there will be actual animations in this game?

If you mean demon animations, no. It'll be like Shin Megami Tensei IV where there were 2D battle sprites. It's disappointing since Nocturne looked so awesome with the 3D battles, despite the awkwardness of some of the animations.

Full body art of Merkabah, Krishna and Dagda:

DEXnLIC.png

Hmm... Merkabath remind me of something, especially how the legs are places, but I can't remember it. :/

Hmm... Merkabath remind me of something, especially how the legs are places, but I can't remember it. :/

Well Merkabath is a ....

fusion of Gabriel, Uriel, Raphael, and Michael. Michael is at Merkabath's tail (see the face with the hands on top), Raphael is that face on Merkabath's chest, underneath its breasts, Uriel is that face on the left, and Gabriel is the creature's actual head.

Well Merkabath is a ....

fusion of Gabriel, Uriel, Raphael, and Michael. Michael is at Merkabath's tail (see the face with the hands on top), Raphael is that face on Merkabath's chest, underneath its breasts, Uriel is that face on the left, and Gabriel is the creature's actual head.

Well, yeah, but I'm talking about how Merk's legs are positioned, they reminds me of something but I can't remember it.

While writing this post, I think I remember what it remind me of, Pillar Zelenin.

Incidentally Merkabath is nice to look at, and no, not in that way.

Edited by B.Leu

Well, yeah, but I'm talking about how Merk's legs are positioned, they reminds me of something but I can't remember it.

While writing this post, I think I remember what it remind me of, Pillar Zelenin.

Incidentally Merkabath is nice to look at, and no, not in that way.

Mmmm, I don't see the Pillar Zelenin resemblance. You're right though, the updated Merkabath looks 1000x better than it did in SMTIV.

Sadly, I really miss the Kaneko archangels... :(

Doi did a great job. I wonder if Kuzuryu will be an antagonist in this game? He was a freaky boss in SMT2 since you were essentially fighting an absolutely colossal earth snake. I wonder how Aleph did it?

On a side note, did any of you guys like strange journey? I watched an LP and I didn't enjoy it as much as SMTII or Nocturne.

Retailer exclusive costumes

SMTIV-F-Lawson-DLC-Costume.jpg kinda sad this one doesnt change the bottoms

Tsutaya-SMT-IV-F.jpg

Uck. His hair is awful. He looks so feminine; Atlus should have done a female protagonist this time around like in SMT:IF. Demi-fiend's, Strange Journey's and Kazuya's designs are by far the best SMT protagonist designs.

EDIT:

His second attire has the same color scheme as Aleph's gear. :o

Edited by Leif

I personally think it's a decent look that is slightly... high school spiral notebook OC. You know, when you're good but not great at drawing so you make a punk character with a half shaved head because it's the only hairstyle that you can draw from multiple angles, and you add in some asymmetry because you figure it makes the character look distinct.

Did anyone else have that phase?

Edited by Masked And Dangerous

His hair in the original trailer looks pretty normal and his half-shaved looked he's been shown to have after Dagda brings him back. So we can blame him for that.

As for clothes I figure he just gets whatever he can find and live in considering Tokyo is filled with demons and you can't go out and get new ones all the time. Even as a hunter.

Is there something wrong with him looking feminine?

No I wasn't implying it was bad, I was saying that it would be cool if we had a female protagonist the time around. His feminine facial features reminded me of Tamaki from IF. I just don't like his hair. Other than that, I am ok with him. He doesn't have the best look compared to the other protagonists.

Edited by Leif

Unfortunately, comments by the production team make it seem like it will be a while before we have a female SMT protag. They gave the excuse of "Traditions", which generally means that it won't be until they get desperate.

Shame. The smartest thing they did with SMT IF was canonizing the female protag, and a lot of people were disappointed when P$4 Golden didn't have the option like P3's rerelease did.