Trinity Mafia - Game Over

charlie_

Crysta dumps logic and parks her vote on an inactive. Who are you scumreading aside from inactives? Maybe the better question is do you have any scumreads that aren't inactives and why?
Short answer is no.
Answer why is because literally half this game doesn't have much beyond one or two content posts. And it's a little sad that that isn't an exaggeration: this is technically your slot's second on D3.
I did have interactions with other people during that day phase, but if anything it made me feel better than them.
Is Omega your biggest active scumread? Because your other active scumread is dead and a good portion of your post is actually replying to her. I assume you've read it all and have caught up so...
scummy af more later. shinori/crysta thoughts on this slot?
ENGAGEMENT
Actually curious about what you're going to say because, like I said, it seemed like your initial casing revolved mostly around Gaius whiteknighting/towntelling Mancer, which I didn't really get from the same content. I also thought his stance on Mancer was pretty clear... he said he was nullreading Mancer on lack of content, then reiterated it in D2 if I recall correctly. That seems like a stance to me.
After Mancer/TG he would be third on my scumminess radar after re-reading him half a dozen times (and I have good reason to). I feel he may have felt comfortable voting for you more because your case against Mancer lacked the wordiness the others did though it wasn't terribly different from the others in essence and he could make it look more... justified? He said he wanted to bring attention/pressure to you but I can't really see him thinking it would actually go there if he made no additional attempt to grill you (and he didn't). He also states he doesn't agree at all with your case on me but doesn't really explain how he sees scum intent in it and felt more compelled to complain about eclipse's weak case on him than answer the question I shot his way before skipping.
Aaand you posted while I was writing this all up. Well, further food for thought: I'm in the trinity with him and Boron. And I'm really not scum reading Boron after our D2 back-and-forth, or by any of her other content.

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shinori why are you voting for TG exactly?

Also @Omega while I get that the case with Mancer v eclipse makes sense I guess, you could've said the same about eclipse defending mancer to the death, and look how she flipped. Can't you argue that she was doing the same thing as Gaius was to Mancer then?

I just reread and saw Mancer's claim on this page and woah if that can get proven (and how the heck do people know their trinity-member roles? I wasn't told my trinity-member's roles), then I'll bite and my dumbly timed eclipse rant will pretty much have been for naught

Sb, would this ability let someone speak in any out-of-thread conversations? Basically would a (theoretical) scum member of the courage trinity be able to speak to their buddies after death using this ability?

Yes.

SB can you confirm that dead scum can, in no circumstance outside of theoretical role-related abilities, communicate with their team?

consider the big picture elie. gaius focus d1 was on me and he based it off logic that mancer posted. eclipse defended him for role related reasons and didnt play scummy. theyre not equal

and yes. my focus has been selective. im very confident in there being scum between mancer/gaius and 1 went inactive and the other replaced so i cant shit on them the way i would like to right now. we now have shinori as the second player hinting at secret things which just confuses me more and most players are low on content. so im not gonna force shittyass reads for the sake of "talking about other people" when itll largely be inconclusive and unhelpful to lynching scum when i have a surefire way of netting scum between 2 ppl. past that i have a couple of townreads but im not gonna say "hey scum! please kill these townie players so this game becomes even more difficult!" when the doctor died

FIRST OFF, THANK YOU TO WHOEVER KILLED ME!

I can confirm that I have the same ability as eclipse (the ability to post in the thread for one day phase after my death). I think that that is the reason why eclipse thought that our trinity does not contain any scum at all. I don't see how such an ability would be useful for scum at all.

I am horribly not caught up with the game so please give me some time to read before I make a post. Thanks.

This is incorrect. The ability can trigger on a night kill. This means that if there's a mafia in my trinity, there's two people that he/she knows will activate this power. Now, think for a second about how utterly stupid it would be to design an ability that can trigger on night kill, and give it to the faction who is responsible for the night kills. However, it's great protection for a third party, especially one that doesn't kill. That means that if the mafia tries to screw them over via night kill, they can say something before going out for good. Hence why I think that if there's any anti-town in my trinity, it's third party.

AND figures eclipse is dead too I'm 100% prepared to sheep but also eclipse if you're in the grave and think that mafia can't have vanillas well I don't know what to say

For a single phase, I get to answer questions freely. Furthermore, my alignment and role are host-verified, so it's one less person to vote for.

SO READ BACKWARDS EVERYONE, 'CAUSE I'M ONLY HERE FOR THIS PHASE!

bbm do you think eclipse was killed for her pr hinting/obvtowniness or cuz her reads were good? i think im beginning to formulate a team but it contradicts most of her posts/ideas

Go for it. I'm curious.

I think I know a lot of info that happened last night and I don't want to divulge.

But that means lynching TG or me claiming.

Will it be enough to drive the lynch home? Or do you think Tiny Goddess will be lynched regardless?

---

With the final bit from Crysta, I think I've figured out who's in what trinity. With two left in my trinity and Refa's, I wouldn't mind a lynch between Gaius/Elieson (but I'm feeling a bit more confident about the former being scum than the latter). Still want Mancer to ACTUALLY PARTICIPATE IN THE GAME, but wouldn't mind his lynch on the basis that it would force people to get new reads. So, even if this won't count. . .

##Vote: Gaius

Okay, I claimed earlier in the phase that my action failed. I targeted TG, which explains my action failing if she acted last night, but this doesn't really change anything for me. I don't buy her explanation that she forgot she was in this game to the point where she posted nothing near phase end when she was active in the other game.

Also, I'll confirm Crysta's claim about our trinity. I only know my role, though. If there is at least one scum in my trinity, I think that Gaius is scummier than Crysta. Stupid Rapierslot.

Crysta herself is all right, I feel I was either misremembering or misinterpreting my previous misgivings about her. Thoughts are still mostly unchanged on the others, although I feel a lot better about Elie now.

@eclipse- I assumed it would also trigger upon a lynch in addition to a NK? Also this ability is pretty useless for an ITP; if you get killed, then you can say whatever you want after death but it doesn't help your wincon; you're just being petty.

I was going to read people last night and then I fell asleep. Out of the UNHOLY TRINITY of inactivity that is TG/Mancer/Gaius I'd probably still lynch TG or Mancer over Gaius. TG is still scummy for all the reasons she was yesterday and Mancer has promised at the start of two successive day phases that he would contribute before flaking. At least Gaius was there and actively contributing prior to subbing out. SF as a mafia community needs to start holding people accountable to their promises of content and setting a precedent of lynching people for not following through.

Omega makes a good point wrt him switching from eclipse as a townread in D1 to being a scumread in D2 only on the basis of her read on him. I was going to go COUNTERPOINT HE DIDN'T SCUMREAD REFA FOR CASING HIM and then I remembered that Refa was dead. gg

Omega, I'm not asking you to talk about townreads but it bothers me that you're only talking about TWO people when a) the scumteam almost certainly has 3 people and b) you don't think those two people are scumbuddies. Like, okay, you're going to come out and give a "full scumteam guess" now, but how can I see any sort of thought process behind that if you haven't been actively questioning anybody? It's like a math teacher trying to mark someone's test when they just write down a final answer and don't show any work. You're also not following the general state of the game, because you still haven't given an updated read on TG. It's like you're playing mafia by yourself and not bothering to interact with people bc your main scumreads are inactive.

I've been buddies with Gaius a bunch of times and I'm pretty sure he's chainsaw defended buddies but I'm too lazy/out of time to go and check.

Via, where are you?

Thank you for putting my misgivings with Yolo into actual words, BBM, you said what I wanted to say but couldn't find the words to say.

I don't understand Yolo's insistence that one of Lord Gaius or Mancer has to be scum, or why he isn't trying to figure out who else is scum. I'm fine with lynching either Tiny Goddess or Mancer, but I think I'd prefer TG solely on the basis that I can't believe her "I forgot about the game", which seems far too convenient. Make no mistake, at this point I think they both have to go unless there's something that irrevocably proves them as town. Mancer has been promising content day after day, and he hasn't delivered. This is now a pattern.

I think Serenes Forest Mafia should probably take the holidays off or something because the flaking/subbing has been especially bad. I get it's a busy time and there are higher priorities but holy crap why even bother then. Limit yourself to just one game at a time at the very least.

I would not mind doing what we intended to do yesterday but somehow didn't since... she still hasn't contributed anything beyond the claim and apparently Shinori now has mysterious mechanical game reasons to lynch her.

@eclipse- I assumed it would also trigger upon a lynch in addition to a NK? Also this ability is pretty useless for an ITP; if you get killed, then you can say whatever you want after death but it doesn't help your wincon; you're just being petty.

You should know better than to ask questions like that! My other guess is that if there's an ITP, they'd have interesting information, so they can choose which side they want to help before they go down.

Requesting a modkill of everyone except for the people who posted between my two posts. This activity is extremely stupid.

For a single phase, I get to answer questions freely. Furthermore, my alignment and role are host-verified, so it's one less person to vote for.

Man, I missed a lot. You certainly ain't no chocolate dipped vanilla cone with nuts. You're just nuts.

Ok, reread you now that you're modfirmed.

The more I think about a TG lynch, the more I feel like I'm not really behind it. Her role checks out and while she claimed under pressure to claim, her claim itself is super convenient and consistent with quite a bit of other claims. Mafia having a commuter in what seems to be a role-light game thus far is I guess possible but something about her attitude and timing of the claim just takes most of my general pings towards her slot and puts them on the backburner. I'm townreading Crysta pretty heavily but if TG were to flip scum, this post would shatter my townread on Crysta because bringing up another player defending yourself who flips scum just seems entirely unecessary but at the same time isn't really fluff; it's posted with intent.

Mild developing concerns about Shinori, primarily due to his vote on Crysta. Maybe it's because I disagree with you but IMO she gave reason to park her vote on TG that was decent enough, on a player that was certainly one who should have been pressured at the time (probably still can now).

My head hurts when I think about Omega. Forgive me but I just can't put into words, my thoughts regarding his scumhunting.

The more I think about Gaius, the more I can actually see some sense of what Omega BBM have said. Rereading Gaius, I know he's been scum before and he's never done something so bold as to speak for his team. That being said, it could go either way but the chainsaw defense that has been brought up so much seems a bit too ballsy for a scum-on-scum interaction. What pings me more is his vote on Omega and him harping on it again in the future, as if he was struggling to generate some kind of reaction, but it's strange because he didn't really give any actual reason to vote for him in the first place but he's acting like he was.

It's old news but it's all he's got and he's subbing out so he can't really defend himself now I guess but it really stands out to me and I guess we evidently lack a vig otherwise I'm sure there'd be bullets in heads or claims of hooks all over the place.

If I didn't mention you, I'm probably townreading you or at least town-leaning you for various reasons.

eclipse can you vote after death too? woah

Also when formatting colors and stuff I forgot to actually vote, derp

##Vote Gaius

What even are the votals right now, and how many do we need to lynch? Also, could everyone who's present make a list of their top 3-4 lynch candidates for today so we don't have another repeat of last phase?

Tiny Goddess ≥ Mancer > Yolo = Lord Gaius

ALL ABOARD DA GAIUS TRAIN! CHOO CHOO!!

Yolo, seriously, is there anyone else besides Gaius and Mancer you are willing to lynch?

Yo Omega, rather than use two reads as an excuse to sit around and do nothing, why not prod everyone else?

Dunno if my vote actually counts, but it's the best way for me to indicate who I think should be lynched.

Tiny Goddess would be a lynch to move the game forward, since she's not really doing much of anything else. In terms of roles, the only confirmed one we have is a bodyguard. There's probably some sort of investigation around (cop/tracker/watcher), which is about the only thing that a mafia commuter would protect against (unless there's an arsonist or something. . .or the vig is being EXTRAORDINARILY INACTIVE). In terms of attempting to get a decent lynch via odds, I'd lynch someone in Refa's trinity (my theory puts it at a coin flip, since insomniac is a neutral power).

While overthinking this game because of its amazing activity, I'm getting slightly bugged by BBM. . .but it's because of this:

I think that what eclipse was referring to was her tree-stump trinity power, not her role power. But SB confirmed my instinct that there's scum utility in the trinity ability. She did a good job pretending it was super strong to get the mafia to kill her though.

This implies that mafia wouldn't know what my power was, which clears everyone in my trinity. If there is mafia in my trinity, then it means that they must not have realized how much I like talking while being host-confirmed town OR they felt that the extra phase of my chatter was worth keeping me out of the game forever.

Lastly. . .SB, THIS IS FOR YOU!

ok I don't know if I contact the game mod for Trinity or post in here but I'd like to sub in

man sb I told you I hate subbing lmao

hi I have two days off work what's up. sorry for not being here at phase end yesterday. ): will post in a sec I got pokemon super mystery dungeon and I'm loving it a lot

i forgot to do this earlier anyway gg

>doesn't answer numerous requests for a scum ream (in fact, she pretty much contradicted the one suspicion she had on Shinori later)

>doesn't claim

>posts in another mafia thread near deadline

>claims later while still not giving scum reads

>also apparently was aware enough to send in night action (confirmed to have happened)

>yeah ok

##Vote: Tiny Goddess

we also get a better idea of why she's bothering shinori, too

i don't really get elie's problem with that post he pointed out, but i think i misread what shinori was initially scrumreading me for anyway.

and hello new guy. you are a brave soul. have you been reading?

Blobtals:

Tiny Goddess (3): Boron, Shinori, Crysta

oceanbourne (2): Omega, Elieson

Not Voting (5): BBM, Quote, oceanbourne, Tiny Goddess, Mancer

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. There's an amount of time left in the phase, i don't know. Ask SB.

Edited by Curly Brace