Serenes Forest Scribbles - The results are in, check out the winners in the Scribbles section!

Tangerine

We'll most likely just have an elimination round and then a final round. Something like:

All illustration/sprite based together = top 25 go to final round

All written works/misc together = top 25 go to final round

We've received illustrations/sprites the most by far, written works and misc combined add up to about the same amount. So we'd be looking at two 50~ submission rounds with the top 25 of each of those as the finals. We can just have both rounds last a few days to a week to ensure that people have the time to look at each of the submissions they'll be voting on.

Edited by Tangerine

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course there could still be another 20-30 more (or, Lord have mercy, more than that) coming in before it's all said and done. Massive numbers of submissions are massive.

Edited by Rethel34

Wow, the wait for the end is killing me. My entry was my first real creative thing I put on the internet so I'd love to get some constructive criticism on my piece. It's certainly an odd one, but it was fun to use my free time for it.

Wow, the wait for the end is killing me. My entry was my first real creative thing I put on the internet so I'd love to get some constructive criticism on my piece. It's certainly an odd one, but it was fun to use my free time for it.

Same here. The most I've had done to my drawings is getting them laminated and put on the wall next to my old school's library in Middle School to show off the creative ability of their students. For the most part, people liked what I did. Unfortunately, someone liked two of my drawings so much they decided to take it off the wall and keep it. I miss those drawnings (it was a picture of Boyd from FE: PoR and Toon Zelda)... :'(

I'm in bed right now, shaking with anticipation.

[sHAKING INTENSIFIES]

Could probably make a well stired milkshake with all that shaking! ;3

But on a serious note, I can't blame you. I drew a picture for my entry and seeing how others online (Even on SF) have had made some cool fan work, I'm wondering just how well it holds up against other's work. I still have much room for improvement ( because drawing hands are the BANE of my drawing time), so seeing where I stand as of now would be great!

That and I get to see( or hear) cool fan work that God knows I'm capable or not capable of (music being a good example)!

Could probably make a well stired milkshake with all that shaking! ;3

But on a serious note, I can't blame you. I drew a picture for my entry and seeing how others online (Even on SF) have had made some cool fan work, I'm wondering just how well it holds up against other's work. I still have much room for improvement ( because drawing hands are the BANE of my drawing time), so seeing where I stand as of now would be great!

That and I get to see( or hear) cool fan work that God knows I'm capable or not capable of (music being a good example)!

Awwww, a helpful artist tip is to try not to compare yourself with others - we're all on our own artistic journeys so our growth and capabilities will be different but that's the beauty of it! Being able to see where everyone is in terms of what we can create draws huge inspiration! Use references - watch tutorials! There are so many resources out there to help you be the best you can be.

It's intimidating yes, but turn that intimidation into motivation, because I believe everyone is capable of great things if you put your mind to it!

Sorry for pep talk but I hope it helps!

Edited by carefreejules

Awwww, a helpful artist tip is to try not to compare yourself with others - we're all on our own artistic journeys so our growth and capabilities will be different but that's the beauty of it! Being able to see where everyone is in terms of what we can create draws huge inspiration! Use references - watch tutorials! There are so many resources out there to help you be the best you can be.

It's intimidating yes, but turn that intimidation into motivation, because I believe everyone is capable of great things if you put your mind to it!

The only art I've seen is your WIP & I was like: noooooo jules stop xD

But yeah, I got my friend's help learning how to draw people, & I colored

And I feel really good, because maybe I'll win the Ike Amiibo

If not, I will have special badges :D

I'm wondering just how well it holds up against other's work.

I understand that. My medley, while musically ok (according to my brothers), i fear may not have the proper soundfonts to hold up to others who have a nicer palette available.

EDIT: Ate a Rolo, feeling slightly more boss now XD

Edited by Rethel34

The only art I've seen is your WIP & I was like: noooooo jules stop xD

But yeah, I got my friend's help learning how to draw people, & I colored

And I feel really good, because maybe I'll win the Ike Amiibo

If not, I will have special badges :D

Anything helps really. I've been drawing since I've been a kid, but I still need improvement. I'm slowly trying to be less intimidated and unsure of my work because I kinda have a tendency to feel like I could've done something a lot better, even if others are feel other wise.

I know that there are better drawers than me at this point in time, but I also know that I'm just as capable. Having that thought helps me and makes me feel proud when I do improve.

Although, I do wonder if other drawers have a issue of being a perfectionist when (seriously) drawing something. I guess I love drawing so much, I want whatever I draw to be the best (but dang it do I annoy myself sometimes when I keep trying to fix something so small like a shape or something that looks fine as it is)! :3

Just broke 100 submissions as well :P:. Twice what my maximum expectancy was, I guess we should've been holding events for our members a whole lot sooner!

Great job guys!

Sheesh, it was 50 yesterday! What happened?!

Good luck to everyone more importantly, me I look forward to seeing what everyone thought up!

Just broke 100 submissions as well :P:. Twice what my maximum expectancy was, I guess we should've been holding events for our members a whole lot sooner!

Great job guys!

Damn, take out the balloons and confetti!

lol With how much Caitlyn wants that Ike, I'm almost afraid of being the one drawn for it.

You will be slain, but for a good cause.

Soon, oh so very, very soon...

:3

hng xD

I mean, I can deal with not getting Ike. It's just my priority in this contest

Primary reason I entered (aside from shiny badges)

I'd be fine with the Marth amiibo, but...with how much I don't like the idea of an Ike amiibo, if I were to win that tiny radiant hero, could I ask for a reroll so somebody else could have a shot? If that's not really fair, I understand, but I'd be happy if I could make someone else feel pretty good if they wanted the amiibo instead, and they got chosen!

Namely Caitlyn or Busterman.