Serenes Forest Scribbles - The results are in, check out the winners in the Scribbles section!

Tangerine

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My chances of winning this are getting smaller...

Saaame ; [

Heh, but I had fun drawing mine up :D

Edited by Manakete Morgan

I'm glad for this because this helped get me motivated to actually do some more art for once ^o^ And I also experimented with my colouring style some more, hopefully someday I'll be able to settle on something I'm 100% happy with. This competition has helped me get closer though~!

Also I approve of the submissions period lasting 2 months, especially since christmas time was a busy time for me so it allowed me to work during the time afterward.

Fifty submissions? Awesome!

I think, finally, my story is totally done. I thought it was done before, but the last line just needed a few tweaks to make it sound marginally less choppy. That's what always seems to happen to me- I write something then I either cannot finish it or think it's done, then about a week or so later realize what I need to do to make it right. Then there is the story where the week or two stretched into five years . . . glad that didn't happen this time!

Saaame ; [

Heh, but I had fun drawing mine up :D

Hehe, yeah. I'm not complaining. This is fun, regardless of whether I win or not. I'm really looking forward to seeing what everyone has to offer!

Hey, forgot to say this when I made my submission, but you can take my name/number OUT of the Marth/Ike Amiibo drawing. I already have a Marth Amiibo and an Ike one, I don't need duplicates, and I know there are some people here who don't have either of those Amiibo yet.

Don't forget to send Lenh some thanks as well! She and I probably spent a few hours discussing the idea for the event and its rules months before I even posted it, and a few more hours looking over submissions and talking about voting options afterwards. Deserves as many thanks as anyone, it's hard to list everything she's worked with me on, so leave her a thank you on her profile if you want to express it!

Everyone in the Special Thanks section, for that matter. Definitely couldn't have done it without any of them.

I totally sent her a thank you. :3

And just generally - thanks to everyone involved in the scribbles contest! It was fun and I can't wait to see all the entries. x3

I am not so sure what everyone will think of mine...I am not disclosing which one I did because I want it to stay annon for now. Who knows I may actually revist it once I get my mordernised FEA fic done as well as Invisible Ties I still can't wait to see what everyone has come up with! Oh and I'll have some stories to read too which is an added bonus!!

I am not so sure what everyone will think of mine...I am not disclosing which one I did because I want it to stay annon for now. Who knows I may actually revist it once I get my mordernised FEA fic done as well as Invisible Ties I still can't wait to see what everyone has come up with! Oh and I'll have some stories to read too which is an added bonus!!

Shouldn't all the entries be anonymous? So that voting is neutral and not based on popularity or friends? Although, I guess it won't matter too much. This community seems pretty solid/trustworthy. It might not be an issue.

Edited by Kakeyo

iirc it is anonymous by default, only way people know whose the entry is, is if you show your friends or something? not sure but I believe I've read that somewhere

It's anonymous by default, but there are no rules against sharing your submission or telling people which is yours. There is no way to stop friends from telling eachother to begin with, so there's no point in making the event less fun for people who like to share their work. Purely anonymous submissions works better for smaller community events.

Edited by Tangerine

It's anonymous by default, but there are no rules against sharing your submission or telling people which is yours. There is no way to stop friends from telling eachother to begin with, so there's no point in making the event less fun for people who like to share their work. Purely anonymous submissions works better for smaller community events.

Yeah. Personally, I won't share my art until the voting & contest is over; just incase anyone sees my work & is like: oh, that's who made that art. I mean, they might already get who made it from what the cross over is of, but I don't know. People might not know it.

Certainly has been, I didn't expect there would be this much interest. It's definitely possible that we'll make this a yearly thing, all depends on whether or not we have the prizes and if interest maintains. That said, we've had some discussions about prizes for next year, so excitement is high from our staff already, lol.

At least we surprised you in a good way :) Thank you and everyone involved for making it happen! If this is what it's like first time round, next year's submissions and interest will be colossal. Maybe a theme would streamline it a bit?

I actually can't wait to see what everyone else has done...

Oh shoot, I just realized that if this is going to be anonymous, I should probably remove the watermark on mine.

O.o Oppsies :XD: I think I may have made a mistake myself...still I won't worry too much because I have almost forgotten what I entered anyway (damn the scatterbrained me :/)

Edited by TheSilentChloey

Aw shoot! The time is drawing so close! Just need to finish drawing a few things, add a little here and there, and I'll be done! It SHOULD done today,but I had some other things I needed to do and it took longer then I expected. I really wish I did this earlier...oh well...I'll get my entry in before the end! :3

Yeah. Personally, I won't share my art until the voting & contest is over; just incase anyone sees my work & is like: oh, that's who made that art. I mean, they might already get who made it from what the cross over is of, but I don't know. People might not know it.

It makes it more fun that way (personally). No one is sure who is capabale of what (well, for the most part), so it'll be fun to see how others react. :P

I am trying to attach my canvas art entry as a JPEG file to my PM, but since it is 15.3 MB, it couldn't be attached. Is there a way to upload my entry despite its large size?

Maybe I can help. If I understand correctly, you are trying to upload a photo of some art? If that's the case simply open the photo under microsoft paint, press the resize button, and make the photo at least half the size. That's what I had to do for my entry.

I am trying to attach my canvas art entry as a JPEG file to my PM, but since it is 15.3 MB, it couldn't be attached. Is there a way to upload my entry despite its large size?

You could try dropbox or google drive.

I think you'll want to use an image uploading site. Some sites people use are photobucket, imgur, tinypic, or even stuff you can download and install on your computer like puush and gyazo.

tinypic is one you don't need an account for, idr if/what the other ones are that don't require registration.

But yeah when you upload an image on one of those sites they'll give you a link to copy, usually the one called "direct link" is the one you'd want to copy.

Edit: or any of the above posts!

Edited by Freohr Datia