Serenes Forest Scribbles - The results are in, check out the winners in the Scribbles section!

Tangerine

Man. The Second is really sneaking up on me. There's only a couple of days left for the contest but I'm confident that I'll finish short my story in time. It's definitely not what I initially intended to write about but it's still related to my original idea (and much shorter) so I'm really looking forward to submitting it :D:

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just because I'm curious - on average, how long are the other submitted stories? Like, what's the longest and what's the shortest? >.>

Mine's sitting at ~2300. . .but it's still very unfinished. Take this as you will.

I really REALLY hope NoA doesn't release any more Fates shockers, because I wound up being a mod instead of trying to crank out the rest of my story. I think I can get it done without sacrificing too much quality, but it's going to be really close. ;/

Most people have submitted short stories in the 2000-5000 word range.

… Fuck. My story's looking like it's going to be somewhat huge, just because it won't make sense otherwise. Hopefully it won't go too much over 5000.

Edited by Sunwoo

Fuck. My story's looking like it's going to be somewhat huge, just because it won't make sense otherwise. Hopefully it won't go too much over 5000.

If it helps, as long as it's interesting, I'll keep reading it regardless (I need to read more anyway :3 ).

Edited by Busterman64

If it helps, as long as it's interesting, I'll keep reading it regardless (I need to read more anyway :3 ).

Me too. I plan on reading all the stories, since it is FE related and all lol.

Edited by Jin

Don't make me send Bal over there to motivate you! He's already volunteered, I'm holding him at bay.

*cracks knuckles*

Say the word, boss.

Can you make me a time machine? That's what I'm short on. :(:

Looks like there are going to be a lot of cool FE stories to read! :D My dinky little 1,300 word thing is going to look so out of place! I went for a more abstract, universal feel rather than what I'm used to, which is your standard character interaction. I basically thought up a concept at two in the morning and ran with it. My editor liked it, but he likes odd things like that.

I have to work extremely hard the next few days for my cross over art

I want the special badges

And I want a chance to win Ike amiibo (because I need all of my money for Fates stuff))

My story is 2,980 words. It's short, and honestly I'm not at all confident in it, but...we'll see.

I'm excited for the special badges, and I know it's just supposed to be a fun contest but I'm hoping to get the Fates SE, I missed out on it when it went up for pre-order and it's very unlikely I'll be able to get it otherwise. But *shrugs* we'll see, heh.

Have confidence in your work everyone! I'm sure everyone did a fantastic job! Be proud that you made something!

If you have confidence that you did a good job, people will believe it too!

You all deserve high fives and pats on the back!

-busts out some pom poms and dances-

Edited by carefreejules

I submitted my story and also sent it to Eclipse. Hopefully all is good?

Thanks again for running this contest. It was fun to write a short story (even if mine is a little cheesy). :3

So will this be a yearly thing? Because it seems like its a resounding success at least so far.

Certainly has been, I didn't expect there would be this much interest. It's definitely possible that we'll make this a yearly thing, all depends on whether or not we have the prizes and if interest maintains. That said, we've had some discussions about prizes for next year, so excitement is high from our staff already, lol.

I submitted my story and also sent it to Eclipse. Hopefully all is good?

Thanks again for running this contest. It was fun to write a short story (even if mine is a little cheesy). :3

Don't forget to send Lenh some thanks as well! She and I probably spent a few hours discussing the idea for the event and its rules months before I even posted it, and a few more hours looking over submissions and talking about voting options afterwards. Deserves as many thanks as anyone, it's hard to list everything she's worked with me on, so leave her a thank you on her profile if you want to express it!

Everyone in the Special Thanks section, for that matter. Definitely couldn't have done it without any of them.

Edited by Tangerine

I almost wish it weren't so popular. Even disregarding the quality of entries, my chances of winning one of those amiibos is now 1 in 25. Hardly good odds. But that's only the materialistic selfish part of me. I'm mostly glad to see such keen interest.

Edited by Jotari

Hi guys >v<
I have just joined today and submited my entry!
I have been fan of FE series for quite a long time but didn't know there's a community like this until when I found out about the contest ovo It's so great!
Anw, if this even becomes yearly, I will be sure to participate every year! >v<

If anyone wants to submit stuff for me to do a look-over, I don't mind, but I'm gonna be kinda busy on Saturday and maybe Sunday, so don't procrastinate.

Speaking of procrastination, managed to crank out the outline of what I want. Now I gotta do some touching-up for consistency! Don't worry about taking time away from my entry!