Serenes Forest Scribbles - The results are in, check out the winners in the Scribbles section!

Tangerine

I don't think you can be considered annoying if you're doing something that was actually anticipated and planned for to the extent it was actually included in the rules (and several other people have already done). Plus I don't like seeing people putting themselves down over such silly things. If Tangerine is annoyed (which I don't think she is, she seems perfectly capable and kind) then let her be annoyed. You've done nothing wrong and the only realistic source of irritation is the fact that there's dozens of submissions in which you play only the smallest part.

Sorry

Anyway 73 and more? Let's see if we can get 100.

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any special format or website I should use in uploading the music composition I'm inches from done with? Should be able to upload today (while also doing my taxes for the first time XP ).

Would have been done much sooner but piecing together music in Sibelius note-by-note is NOT easy, even when it's only a 2-and-a-half to 3 minute piece. Time consuming and daunting, but I feel relatively accomplished and pleased with what I've done.

Soundcloud is what I've directed most people to, if you're able to use that. Otherwise, whatever you're comfortable with/have an account for that I'm able to link people to.

Edited by Tangerine

Awh man, it seems thanks to my horrible procrastination I'm unable to get my entry finished in time. 'Tis a shame, but good luck to everyone else!

You could probably just submit what you have and you'd still be eligible for the amiibos or special badges, at least. Assuming the submission is accepted, anyway.

You could probably just submit what you have and you'd still be eligible for the amiibos or special badges, at least. Assuming the submission is accepted, anyway.

That's a nice idea but unfortunately I don't think I even have enough to do that. Well, I could just send some outlines I guess, but eh, I'll likely just leave it. I'll still complete it and would have gained a cool new drawing so I guess there's that.

I did it......I actually finished my entry just in time! I had sent in an earlier (unfinished) entry to be sure I at least had my entry in and after re-editing (and adding on) it, I re-submitted just a minute ago! I cut it REALLY close on the due date, but I'm so glad I pulled through!

Oh, and just to be sure...

HEY TANGERINE...

...did you get my re-submission? Just asking to be sure (...sorry, I worry when I'm a bit tense).

Things are heating up with the number of entries before the deadline! Thanks Kakeyo for attaching that chart for the large number of entries. I know I'm going to have a hard time to choose a creative entry when voting comes in. Can't to see what everyone has!

Hey guys!

I made a chart to keep track of the contest entries. I made it for myself (to organize my thoughts) and thought other people might find it useful. I attached it to this post.

What do you guys think?

Can you make this a viewable Google Doc, set to View Only? I'd make a dummy GMail just for this.

(real reason is that I clicked on that, downloaded it, and then waited for my computer to unlock because my RTF file association is bonkers. Also, people on Chromebooks won't be able to view it natively)

Can you make this a viewable Google Doc, set to View Only? I'd make a dummy GMail just for this.

(real reason is that I clicked on that, downloaded it, and then waited for my computer to unlock because my RTF file association is bonkers. Also, people on Chromebooks won't be able to view it natively)

Sure, no problem!

Also, I can upload one that is .doc or .docx, I just thought RTF would be easier (in case someone didn't have Microsoft Word).

Here is the Google Docs link:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OQkeZRGVT_YIVY3thXOw2IaKIIY7VANjQbA7ejUt85w/edit?usp=sharing

I'll also upload a .doc version, just in case. :3

Serenes Forest Scribbles Contest Chart (doc).doc

Edited by Kakeyo

Just hit 96 submissions! We've gotten such a ridiculous amount that I may take a two day break to run a poll on how you guys want to handle voting. I had a pretty good idea of what I wanted to do, but I was planning for ~50 or so submissions, lol. I think we'll need to take a break before voting just so everyone can check out all of the submissions, anyway! I'll discuss things with Lenh and we'll see if we can come up with a fair voting method before resorting to a poll.

Awh man, it seems thanks to my horrible procrastination I'm unable to get my entry finished in time. 'Tis a shame, but good luck to everyone else!

That's too bad, hopefully next time you'll be able to join in! Can still enjoy the gallery :P:.

I did it......I actually finished my entry just in time! I had sent in an earlier (unfinished) entry to be sure I at least had my entry in and after re-editing (and adding on) it, I re-submitted just a minute ago! I cut it REALLY close on the due date, but I'm so glad I pulled through!

Oh, and just to be sure...

HEY TANGERINE...

...did you get my re-submission? Just asking to be sure (...sorry, I worry when I'm a bit tense).

Yup, I got it.

Hey guys!

I made a chart to keep track of the contest entries. I made it for myself (to organize my thoughts) and thought other people might find it useful. I attached it to this post.

What do you guys think?

That's a cool idea! I'll let you and eclipse sort that out :P:.

Edited by Tangerine

Just hit 96 submissions! We've gotten such a ridiculous amount that I may take a two day break to run a poll on how you guys want to handle voting. I had a pretty good idea of what I wanted to do, but I was planning for ~50 or so submissions, lol. I think we'll need to take a break before voting just so everyone can check out all of the submissions, anyway! I'll discuss things with Lenh and we'll see if we can come up with a fair voting method before resorting to a poll.

That's a cool idea! I'll let you and eclipse sort that out :P:.

Haha, all right! I've updated my flow charts to include 100 entries!

I will attach a .doc and .rtf to this post. Additionally, here is the google doc link:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OQkeZRGVT_YIVY3thXOw2IaKIIY7VANjQbA7ejUt85w/edit?usp=sharing

Hopefully this will help everyone organize their thoughts as they go over the massive amount of creativity. :3

Serenes Forest Scribbles Contest Chart (doc).doc

Serenes Forest Scribbles Contest Chart .rtf

Edited by Kakeyo

With this much bulk we might have to break the voting up into rounds. Expecting people to shift through over 90 entries and select their favorite is a bit much. But selecting your favorite out of groups of 10, and then the winner of those groups voted on in a grand finale would be much more reasonable. The best entries would still win but the top 10 might not actually reflect the real top 10 if some pools were weaker or stronger than others. I'm just tossing ideas out here.

Wow...still surprised at how many we've got. I didn't think the number of entries would reach 100! ...I hope my entry does well (and I can't wait to see what it goes up against! Oooh...I'm so excited :3 )!

With this much bulk we might have to break the voting up into rounds. Expecting people to shift through over 90 entries and select their favorite is a bit much. But selecting your favorite out of groups of 10, and then the winner of those groups voted on in a grand finale would be much more reasonable. The best entries would still win but the top 10 might not actually reflect the real top 10 if some pools were weaker or stronger than others. I'm just tossing ideas out here.

I was kinda thinking that each entry is put into It's own category (Art, music, stories, etc.) and be voted for that way. Have the the top 10 (or 5) of that category go into the final round of voting. However, this may become a bit unfair since some entries are very different and would be hard to fit into a main category and to only have that one or twounique entry means they go to the finals anyway.

Just an idea I had. Good luck figuring this out! :3