Skinship is out, says kotaku (new info on page 71)

LiquidDefiance

The site hasn't updated with the full in-depth rating description.

Actually, just a sec...

EDIT: Nope, still nothing.

Don't expect it until a couple of days before release. Nintendo rarely releases these descriptions early.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The site hasn't updated with the full in-depth rating description.

Actually, just a sec...

EDIT: Nope, still nothing.

Pretty sure I've asked this before, but when does the full description generally come out; upon release?

I wasn't around the forums when Awakening was being released, so not sure how/if it worked back then.

EDIT: Thanks Jave

Edited by nordopolica

Personally I still think skinship is still in the english version of the game

the ! still appears

being a second party dev IS probably has some say in the locialization process

there is a lot of evidence against kotaku's claims

if skinship were removed the download size of the game would be smaller

why would nintendo bother letting the extra GB of data stay on the cartridge, it's only going to cost them more to make physical copies for something that's inaccessible

and finally I think Nintendo is going to let the shitstorm settle down before announcing anything

Things can't ALWAYS be serious. I think it's a nice break and kind of cute, but I understand where you're coming from.

Oh well, if it is in, at least you can avoid it. I read that skinship doesn't do as much as pairing up units in battle, so I believe it was supposed to be optional from the start.

It doesn't bring no impact upon the story.

Personally I still think skinship is still in the english version of the game

the ! still appears

being a second party dev IS probably has some say in the locialization process

there is a lot of evidence against kotaku's claims

if skinship were removed the download size of the game would be smaller

why would nintendo bother letting the extra GB of data stay on the cartridge, it's only going to cost them more to make physical copies for something that's inaccessible

and finally I think Nintendo is going to let the shitstorm settle down before announcing anything

That is why that they've blocked their new video comments. Which they usually love feedback. -.-

-----

...And answer about the SE pack, you have to actually download the 3rd path that you get for free which everyone else that gets the single cart will have to wait until March 10th to get theirs. That commercial helps. Even more when they put Corrin in. Some fans will be upset, but everyone cannot be pleased by their decisions. They have to replace it with something meaningful. Cipher card game, plz.

Edited by PuffPuff

It doesn't bring no impact upon the story.

That is why that they've blocked their new video comments. Which they usually love feedback. -.-

-----

...And answer about the SE pack, you have to actually download the 3rd path that you get for free which everyone else that gets the single cart will have to wait until March 10th to get theirs. That commercial helps. Even more when they put Corrin in. Some fans will be upset, but everyone cannot be pleased by their decisions. They have to replace it with something meaningful. Cipher card game, plz.

that's true about the Japanese version of the game, however one of the bigger selling points of the US SE is that this is the only way to get revelations physicaly

that's true about the Japanese version of the game, however one of the bigger selling points of the US SE is that this is the only way to get revelations physicaly

Has it been confirmed that Revelations comes pre-loaded on the cartridge, because I seem to recall this being assumed but it being proven otherwise, and that we will indeed have to wait for its release to download it (for free) from the Eshop.

Has it been confirmed that Revelations comes pre-loaded on the cartridge, because I seem to recall this being assumed but it being proven otherwise, and that we will indeed have to wait for its release to download it (for free) from the Eshop.

yep, just check the product details

http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/games/fire-emblem-fates-special-edition/126802

and yes, amazon, and bestbuy say the same thing

Well my gamestop manager basically told me that its pre-loaded in the cart. Im gonna take his word for it because hes actually a pretty cool dude whos been there for ages and knows his shit. But part of the whole perk of getting the SE was having Revelations before it drops in eShop. (i assumed we just got a download code special or something)

yep, just check the product details

http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/games/fire-emblem-fates-special-edition/126802

and yes, amazon, and bestbuy say the same thing

Well my gamestop manager basically told me that its pre-loaded in the cart. Im gonna take his word for it because hes actually a pretty cool dude whos been there for ages and knows his shit. But part of the whole perk of getting the SE was having Revelations before it drops in eShop. (i assumed we just got a download code special or something)

Oh, awesome! That's pretty good news then, thanks for that.

Oh, awesome! That's pretty good news then, thanks for that.

Man, wish I could have gotten the special edition.

and oh hey everyone, first post!

Don't mind me, I'm going to be lurking in the shadows to keep up on what's happening with this issue :P

Don't mind me, I'm going to be lurking in the shadows to keep up on what's happening with this issue :P

Oh hai, newblet. Honestly, the forums arent usually as mad and salty as you are seeing, so dont let anyone scare ya off!

Oh hai, newblet. Honestly, the forums arent usually as mad and salty as you are seeing, so dont let anyone scare ya off!

^^

Welcome to the Forest!

I know sometimes, I myself can get heated in a discussion on this site and then immediately regret it after because I really realize I've been hilariously dumb, don't make the same mistakes lol.

So..yeah seeing people angry/upset/salty/what have you, on topics like these is pretty common, it'll be alright though. I swear this site is good and quite enjoyable. But it's full of nice great folks here, (if not) most of us just have strong opinions/things to say about something we care about a lot (FE). We all love Fire Emblem here since we've joined so I think it has to count for something! Enjoy it here!

(sorry for the kinda long post lmao)

So Nathan, I banged Zoe Quinn and caused GamerGate, tried emailing someone to try and substantiate his claim... Except that he emailed an Ex-IGN employee Richard George, Yes its the same Richard from IGN, but he doesn't work for Nintendo. He works for Golin, a PR firm that has a contract with Nintendo. In other words, Richard knows dick.

Because no bothered to read my comment.

Or it could just be an NOA representative said something that they shouldn't have said and Kotaku misinterpreted it.

That's still shitty journalism, and doesn't excuse Kotaku's behavior at all.

>rejoice

maybe for close minded people who can't let someone else enjoy something without being disgusted

no matter what replaces it, it won't have the same tones at all. skinshipping with people was magical and now it's gone

so speak for yourself

EDIT: also stop calling it petting that's stereotyping it and making it sound worse than it is

Chill. ;/

Flat-out faking emails? Yes, they've posted stupid/highly questionable stuff before, but would anybody who calls themselves a journalist go that low?

I don't consider them journalists, so yes.

This post exactly.

Also, I said what I said because from what I saw, most people in NA wouldn't want the petting. So I speak for them. Sorry to those who DID actually want it in, but you can't get everything you want you know. I had to suck it up when children were revealed for this game (because I did NOT want them in at all), so people who wanted skinship can do the same if it's out.

Another thing, how do you know that the replacement won't be good? Imo, a lot of things would be better than the petting.

This attitude needs to go, too.

Celebrating over other people's misery isn't cool. Likewise, being rude to people who are celebrating over other people's misery isn't cool.

Dear lord... between those still in denial about skinship being out/edited and those quarreling with each other about why waifu and husbando petting is good or bad in the first place, I'm a little embarrassed to say I'm a Fire Emblem fan.

Either way, you guys just gotta drop the salt. At this point, why would Kotaku or this journalist go this far to fake a report if it is truly baseless? Like the journalist said himself, there would be nothing to gain and everything to lose.

In any case, I'm personally fine with all of this. If the petting is gone, then cool, Fire Emblem hasn't sunk to new depths in the west at least (in my eyes). If the journalist is lying, Nintendo's PR lied to him, there was a miscommunication, a misunderstanding of information, or whatever other conspiracy theory is out their regarding this, then cool, now the whole world can see firsthand this cringeworthy mini-game and potentially mock us for what this series devolved into. Either way, some amount of FE/Fates fans are gonna lose no matter what.

Nope, there's reasons. Here's what I've got off the top of my head:

- Back room damage control (in other words, they're stalling for time)

- Drumming up publicity for the game itself (in which case, EVERYONE is in on it, and it's a stupidly shady tactic)

- Some other behind-the-scenes shit which we the public aren't privy too

In the case of the first one, if it is a true fuck-up, that writer will probably be let go as soon as Nintendo makes some sort of official statement. In the case of the second one, we'll see no change in regards to Kotaku. In the case of the last one, the behind-the-scenes shit will have to resolve itself, and we'll most likely be in the dark for a while.

Regardless, Kotaku's in really deep, and it will be interesting to see what happens.

Haha well that's the kicker then. I'm actually Japanese, and I was raised with Japanese customs from my mother. But my dad's American so we can't live there since he can't speak Japanese. That's why I bought the NA 3DS as I thought I could trust localization to not do these kinds of things, but I guess I regret that now.

You can imagine this being 2x the hell it is for me because I don't even require an English patch, but it is what it is and I don't expect Nintendo to pander to a demographic that probably only consists of me and like two other people under the same circumstances.

Back on track, I touch my friends faces all the time, I guess they never minded because they are ALSO all conveniently Asian. I've never noticed until now but I never felt comfortable doing this to my friends who didn't share my culture. But still....ahh. I really don't see what's wrong with it...

Oh, HEY, we're similar. . .'cept my dad's Japanese, too, and my family's been in America for a while.

. . .and there's no way in hell my friends and I would touch each other like that. Hell, my family gives out hugs, and that's about it!

. . .and welcome to SF, please read the Code of Conduct and PM a mod if you have any questions.

. . .actually, this goes out to anyone who's new to SF, because I had to hand out far too many warnings for small, preventable stuff already.

---

So the tl;dr is that the stakes have been upped, but we STILL don't know either way. I'm gonna be quite unhappy if this turns out to be a giant publicity stunt. ;/

Edited by eclipse

So the tl;dr is that the stakes have been upped, but we STILL don't know either way. I'm gonna be quite unhappy if this turns out to be a giant publicity stunt. ;/

I don't know, I'd be a bit upset too! But I think all this controversy has made it gain more attention than the game already had!

(Maybe it's a good thing? Or bad?..)

Edited by Jin

I'd be pretty upset if it was a public stunt put together on Nintendo's part, but they definitely don't seem the type of company to sink this low. I mean, they aren't struggling enough as far as I can tell to do something like this.

If it was all orchestrated by Kotaku, well, they'll be gaining a lot more hate than ever before.

I'd be pretty upset if it was a public stunt put together on Nintendo's part, but they definitely don't seem the type of company to sink this low. I mean, they aren't struggling enough as far as I can tell to do something like this.

If it was all orchestrated by Kotaku, well, they'll be gaining a lot more hate than ever before.

More hate? If this is a stunt by Kotaku, I'm putting them on the same level as Fox News in terms of credibility.

Edited by Phillius

I think I'd respect Kotaku, not really in a supportive way but more of "you had the balls to pull it off and the resources to do it so well, congratulations i hate you" way.

I think I'd respect Kotaku, not really in a supportive way but more of "you had the balls to pull it off and the resources to do it so well, congratulations i hate you" way.

Could they be sued for that? Or would it like... fall under "freedom of speech" and all of that?

Could they be sued for that? Or would it like... fall under "freedom of speech" and all of that?

If they count this as freedom of speech, I'm exercising my right to bear arms. That's a joke, I'm Australian and we don't have that here. I also prefer knives, but that's neither here nor there...