The Next Remake

Next Fire Emblem Remake  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Which game should get a remake next?

• Gaiden
    • Genealogy of the Holy War
    • Tharacia 776
    • Binding Blade/Sword of Seals
    • Rekka no Ken/Blazing Sword
    • Sacred Stones
    • Path of Radiance
    • Radiant Dawn

I went with FE4 because... fuck the Pawn Shop. It's so dumb. Seriously, if they made the Pawn Shop because they thought that then your characters would get too OP too fast, then they had to think their priorities straight. It doesn't make it harder, just more tedious and dumb.

IMO, FE4 is still the best FE if you want to just chill with OP units, even better than Awakening because there's epic-sounding things like HOLY BLOOD and HOLY WEAPONS thrown into the inheritance mix, plus you are forced to use the results of your match making and it's awesome (whereas in Awakening it's just a bonus).

I'm sure it would still sell nowdays, especially with its darker story. The sad thing is that they'd have to throw an avatar into the mix...

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went with FE4 because... fuck the Pawn Shop. It's so dumb. Seriously, if they made the Pawn Shop because they thought that then your characters would get too OP too fast, then they had to think their priorities straight. It doesn't make it harder, just more tedious and dumb.

IMO, FE4 is still the best FE if you want to just chill with OP units, even better than Awakening because there's epic-sounding things like HOLY BLOOD and HOLY WEAPONS thrown into the inheritance mix, plus you are forced to use the results of your match making and it's awesome (whereas in Awakening it's just a bonus).

I'm sure it would still sell nowdays, especially with its darker story. The sad thing is that they'd have to throw an avatar into the mix...

While I would be against adding an avatar to any other FE game that didn't have one, I honestly dislike FE4's playables baring Ayra so much, that I would welcome one in this game with welcome arms, so there might be two characters I actually care about. That said, I would still be against shoehorning one in so it would still be bad, even if I would be more than willing to use it. No offense to those who like FE4's cast, I just don't

If they want to remake an FE with an avatar, 7 is the way to go, seeing as it already has one sorta

I don't think there's a lot of need for an FE remake, I'd go with FE6 if anything because its maps are great and it would be neat to see a remake of it if done well. Thracia would be a good idea too imo, but I don't think it would have that kind of FE5 touch with the newer mechanics. It would be interesting to see remade anyway.

Meh @ that weird random quote.

Edited by Gradivus.

I want to play Thracia 776, but i heard that it's both the best-designed and worst-designed game in the series at the same time.

The interface could use some work, particularly some major annoyances with action priority on the menu, but overall I'd say it's definitely one of the more solid and well-balanced of the japanese games from what I've played.

^ This. There are some problems with the menu interface. I was also annoyed that I couldn't see where my units would be placed on the map.

Magic is OP and wrecks faces, so most of your units are going to be magic and staff users. However, you get almost no gold and have to plunder your enemies for weapons and other spoils. I really like it, and it remains my favorite title in the series (though Fates just might take that spot).

I doubt it will get a remake anytime soon. If they ever remake FE4, they will probably include Thracia 776 as some sort of alternative game story. Heck it could be like Fates; players could follow Sigurd, Seliph, or Leif.

I agree that Gaiden needs some love. However, since it is so barebones, I think it would need a complete reimagining in both gameplay and story so that it wouldn't end up as another Shadow Dragon. =/

Edited by Leif

Bear in mind this is the fanbase who is STILL angry with Nintendo for changing Thany to Shanna, Celice to Seliph, Sety to Ced, Lachesis to Raquesis etc etc etc.

Which is exactly why the FE fanbase sucks the most, IMHO.

Anyway, I'd like to see a Shadow Dragon remake - one that is actually good, rather than the half-arsed piece of garbage original that IS haphazardly cobbled together to cash in on Marth's popularity in Super Smash Bros.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

I think it would need a complete reimagining in both gameplay and story so that it wouldn't end up as another Shadow Dragon. =/

Well, I find SD a LOT less offensive as a remake than NM. Gaiden could easily work with Fates gameplay, seeing as Fates infinite weapon durability was likely inspired by Gaiden, so they would just have to increase dialogue a great deal, and give Gaiden Fates basic gameplay.

Edited by MCProductions

Yeah, I've never got why people are so hard on Shadow Dragon and forgiving to New Mystery.

Well for one thing, New Mystery added the much-loved support conversations and thus actually delivered on giving the characters the depth they sorely lacked in the original game, something that Shadow Dragon did not do, and for another thing, New Mystery didn't have that inexcusably obnoxious abomination in defiance of everything Fire Emblem stands for that was Shadow Dragon's ridiculous Gaiden chapters.

Edited by Alastor15243

Yeah, I've never got why people are so hard on Shadow Dragon and forgiving to New Mystery.

Aside from what NM and Alastor said, both of which I agree with, it's because for a game that was supposedly a "remake" of one that was nearly 20 years old, it's just... disappointing, and that's being kind. In fact, I consider calling it a "remake" an insult to remakes that were actually well designed. Hell, FE1 had some questionable design choices, but I could excuse most of them because it was their first time. There's just no conceivable excuse for Shadow Dragon IMHO.

Edited by Levant Colthearts

Well, I find SD a LOT less offensive as a remake than NM. Gaiden could easily work with Fates gameplay, seeing as Fates infinite weapon durability was likely inspired by Gaiden, so they would just have to increase dialogue a great deal, and give Gaiden Fates basic gameplay.

Alastor couldn't have said it better.

Well for one thing, New Mystery added the much-loved support conversations and thus actually delivered on giving the characters the depth they sorely lacked in the original game, something that Shadow Dragon did not do, and for another thing, New Mystery didn't have that inexcusably obnoxious abomination in defiance of everything Fire Emblem stands for that was Shadow Dragon's ridiculous Gaiden chapters.

Shadow Dragon felt so bare and lifeless. It looked good on the DS, but I wanted more dialogue, supports, unique color palettes, etc. New Mystery isn't so great as well, but it did add a few things to spruce it up a bit.

Maybe I'm just biased because I find the MU so insufferable in that game, but I still haven't completed it so I guess I should get back to it some day.

Maybe I'm just biased because I find the MU so insufferable in that game, but I still haven't completed it so I guess I should get back to it some day.

Yeah, I may like the MU in Awakening, Fates, and FE7, but I absolutely can't STAND Kris in NM. Combined with how NM doesn't fix my problems with the original,beyond checkpoints which are a Godsend, I just can't get into it as much as SD, which I like as a pick up and play game.

Uh, why, exactly? A title shouldn't be that big of a deal.

Exactly.

So why change it, then? NoA has oficially referred to the game in English with that title, so it makes sense to keep it at this point.

Because it's long and cumbersome. I'm sure we can all agree that Dark Dragons and the Blade of Light is better as Shadow Dragon, it's not so important that we know there's a blade of light. Though I think something like Fire Emblem: Generations or Fire Emblem: Inheritance could work for something even snappier. Genealogy is by itself a cumbersome word.

None. I absolutely do not trust the current IS to not fuck everything up.

On the other hand, the supports make the characters worse since they're mostly a precursor to Awakening's supports in terms of writing.

And there's Kris, who on their own, makes FE3 vastly superior to FE12.

Edited by Ranger Jack Walker

On the other hand, the supports make the characters worse since they're mostly a precursor to Awakening's supports in terms of writing.

I loved Awakening's supports. The tone of the game kept them from being overly deep or dark, though there were some, but they were absolute comedy gold. ...Except for Inigo x Nah and a few others which can fuck right off.

I would like to see Fe6 get a proper remake, but i'm also a bit concerned for that one. If the avatar returns he'll likely be Mark again and a tactician is the last thing the story needs. Roy's intelligence is the only thing that sets him apart from the standard lord stuff so if MU takes all the credit for the things Roy did then we'll be left with a very dull lord.

I do like to see Fe4 return as well, but i'm wondering how they'll even do that. Its a game thats so different from the usual fire emblems that we have that I think they'll do some heavy restructuring on it.

Edited by Sasori

I would like to see Fe6 get a proper remake, but i'm also a bit concerned for that one. If the avatar returns he'll likely be Mark again and a tactician is the last thing the story needs. Roy's intelligence is the only thing that sets him apart from the standard lord stuff so if MU takes all the credit for the things Roy did then we'll be left with a very dull lord.

Yeah frankly I think Kris was a mistake. Adding a character to a pre-existing story who largely usurps part of the roles of existing characters was a terrible idea, that's stuff that really crappy fanfic writers have their OCs do. Though I still liked the game and thought it was a massive improvement over Shadow Dragon. But as I said, as long as it was just another member of the hero's army who didn't have a huge role in the plot, I think adding a custom unit to a remake would be a great and fun idea.

Edited by Alastor15243

But the avatar feature is such a popular addition, that making them less important would be potentially damaging to sales, which... Sadly means I think the avatar is sticking regardless.

Adren is objectively inferior to Lex as a father and unit in almost every conceivable way except weapon inheritance, and even then Lex can still kill some enemies and have weapons he can't use but his children can in his inventory.

Lex is a good enough father that this is a meaningless statement. This doesn't even disprove Jedi's point; everyone knows Lex is better than Ardan.

Gaiden and only Gaiden.

The other games can wait for eternity for all I care, but Gaiden with My Castle, Kozaki, MUs, Supports, Reclassing, and Marriage sounds like a score deal to me. A dream, if you will.

No children though. That wouldn't fit Gaiden very much.

Lex is a good enough father that this is a meaningless statement. This doesn't even disprove Jedi's point; everyone knows Lex is better than Ardan.

Only three sets of children in this game already have/acquire pursuit: two swordfighters, an archer and a thief, and a pegasus knight and a sage. Of the remaining four pairs, two have magical sons that would be quirky at best with Lex and unambiguously horrible with Ardan, and for the remaining two, Raquesis and Aideen's kids, you'd need to use an extremely valuable and rare pursuit ring, best saved for somebody like Altena who can be truly amazing with it, just to make one of them usable as a combatant. The only conceivable way Ardan can be a useful father is if you want both a really tanky set of swordfighters AND a really tanky archer and somewhat less tanky thief, or vise versa.

Edited by Alastor15243

I don't trust current IS not to totally mess it up, I shudder to think what they would do the Elibe games (Louise divorcing Pent for Mark, I wouldn't put it passed IS...) , the worst part is it that I would buy it regardless....

So Gaiden I guess..... They can't mess that up right...?

Edited by Locke087

I don't trust current IS not to totally mess it up, I shudder to think what they would do the Elibe games (Louise divorcing Pent for Mark, I wouldn't put it passed IS...) , the worst part is it that I would buy it regardless....

So Gaiden I guess..... They can't mess that up right...?

Elibe is like the worst FE continuity in the first place. Anything they did would be an improvement.

except that Louise thing because that would be weird but it's not fair to assume like that.

Elibe is like the worst FE continuity in the first place. Anything they did would be an improvement.

except that Louise thing because that would be weird but it's not fair to assume like that.

Subjective, there are a GREAT DEAL of Elibe fans out there, myself included, who think it's the best FE continuity.

If you don't want to offend someone, please just say that Elibe is your least favorite FE continuity, instead of calling it the worst.

Example, I don't like Jugdral, yet I wouldn't call it the worst continuity, just my least favorite.