100. What would you if you read that this thread is going to have 100 more of this kind of question?

This was me 10 literally minutes ago.

Make a strategy, plan moves according to whatever the situation is in your game. Sooner or later, you're gonna figure something out.

If it's a puzzle, then make mental(or physical) notes if you're the stubborn type and refuse to seek help on the internet. Again, you're gonna figure something out eventually.

Edited by Soledai

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it depends on what I'm playing!

When I think back to the context of super meat boy I would keep on trying anyway until I got too tired and then I'd just take a break and do something else with my life

If I was stuck against a Monster Hunter boss I would probably not have much more stamina than like two or three hunts (depends on how quickly I fail it ^o^) and I would just quit and then like the next day or something I'd tackle it and I'd rinse and repeat until I've beaten it. That or sometimes I'll just switch monsters and come back to it some other time.

If I were in some kind of puzzle or dungeon thing and I was stuck and didn't know where to go or what to do next then (depending on how much I care about whether I solve it on my own or not) eventually I'd look up what to do.

every time it happens that i get actually stuck in a video game i get mad and put the game away

the success stories are metroid prime 1 where i picked my save back up after not playing for like 4 years and fucking annihilated the rest of the game out of nowhere

I'm pretty happy where my job is right now but let's say some years down the line, I want to job hop because that's how you get paid more in tech, I would probably study the fuck out of algorithms and data structures and go read cracking the coding interview like 5 times

I would not do a job that doesn't deal with code