Pokémon uPick Mafia - Day 4

charlie_

Crysta, after all that's happened so far, why is your vote still on Blitz? I've reread a lot of your posts and a lot of it still centres around a guy who hasn't posted in nearly 2 days. I'm slightly more reassured by some of the later posts, but I'm really struggling to see any sort of lynch priority.

##Unvote

##Vote: Crysta

##Unvote

##Unvote

##Unvote

##Unvote

##Unvote

##Unvote

##Unvote

##Unvote

##Unvote

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh hey, stuff I can actually answer~!

- I did my wall as I read through the game. Eventually, both Paperblade and Boron gave their opinion of Blitz, which made the initial distancing feel closer to "something I should note down for future reference" as opposed to "something I should vote". I suppose there could be an argument about the timing of their statements, but Paper actively did things with his request (he got an opinion of Blitz, though I don't know if he read more than Ragnarok Online), and Boron was a bit late to the show to begin with.

- Instead of just sitting on "OMG I'm being voted", she's branched out by responding to other people (Boron, you), while giving her thoughts about Yours Truly, BBM, and Marth (off the top of my head). I'd say that she's advancing the game, which is enough to move my attention elsewhere.

- It was that question Crysta asked Blitz, which I felt was just as pointless as the questions Blitz himself asked. Otherwise, I would've flipped a coin.

-Fair enough; so it was more future associative reads than actual scumreads, makes sense.

-My problem is that while she's done all of that, she hasn't actually expanded on her own cases. I have no idea who she's bothered by or what her reads are on specific people, which isn't what I'd call advancing the game.

-Again, fair enough. Not really much else to say here.

Crysta, after all that's happened so far, why is your vote still on Blitz? I've reread a lot of your posts and a lot of it still centres around a guy who hasn't posted in nearly 2 days. I'm slightly more reassured by some of the later posts, but I'm really struggling to see any sort of lynch priority.

Manix doesn't really have many tangible opinions, the apathy is real. He's at least following the thread to know that things have occured, but his commentary about them is really limited. I can't really put a solid case down for being lazy, town can be lazy too, but he's at least aware of what's in the game, he's just not responding about it. I disagree with the Marth vote, it sounded more like Marth being a WEENIE rather than necessarily scummy.

@Bolded: Man, this is so scummy. No wonder I barely remember what she's done, considering she hasn't even voted someone else. I'd be less bothered by this if she was like "yeah, I'm still voting Blitz because he hasn't posted in forever and it reads like scum flaking" but there's not even that. Definitely worse than whatever LG's been doing, because at least he has been doing something.

If you had to guess what Manix's alignment would be, what would you guess and why?

Manix's tone is off but everyone else seems to be ok with it so I'm kind of questioning myself.

What's off about it?

@Crysta, Refa, Boron: I'm really defending Crysta and Manix because I got the sense that people were attacking the wagon as an entity instead of individual scummy acts on said wagon, which should have been pretty clear in my Eclipse case and defense against Boron. As for Manix and Crysta, I feel slightly worse about Crysta because with Manix I feel like scum wouldn't be so non-chalant (if this is in Manix's meta sue me) and more to come about Crysta.

Strawman and Iris seem to be steering pretty far away from current discussion of topics and like, nothing they've said has made me go "oh you're sure as hell scum" but on the flip side not seen anything super townie either. Would want them to talk about some of the more hot topics.

everyone: What's the line between defending and over justifying because I don't think I've done the latter, since every time someone says I've done that I was pressured

Also Refa has sheeped a lot of Eclipse reasoning and jumped on me all while voting Eclipse and I think that's pretty bad but want other opinions because I'm not super confident with it.

I didn't really get that sense myself (at least Boron, Eclipse, and Paperblade individually analyzed the people on the wagon and I can't remember anyone else attacking it) but fair enough. Actually wait, reading your ISO, I don't get the impression that you're actually feeling that. Maybe you should link the relevant portions though because I'm already struggling to pay attention as is.

I can get calling out Strawman but none of what you said is applicable to Iris (her issue is...not existing).

I can't really think of an exact line but I really don't care either way. The amount of defense doesn't matter to me, it's the tone and the content of that defense that's important.

My opinion: Refa is the best and he's never bad. Really, though, 1) I don't think I've sheeped that much Eclipse reasoning and 2) people I'm scumreading can still have good cases.

Also I just noticed that there were only 9 hours left. Time sure flies when you're talking at people. I want Crysta outta here and would consolidate on LG. I'm not really feeling the Eclipse wagon at this point, seeing as most of my issues with her.

Oh yeah, forgot to ask you this in the last post LG but what do you think of Eclipse's recent content posts?

i'm gonna be that guy, but i probably won't be around for deadline (thanks for the 9am deadline)

having said that i will try, but waking up is actually difficult atm

last thoughts: idk

crysta's votepark is concerning in one way, but it doesn't actually mean anything until there are flips

blitz should Get Vigged still

not a fan of LG's eclipse vote because there's no elaboration on what "case holes" wrt eclipse's crysta case (if one does not make things clear, it's just a pile of words that look good)

shin it to win it

still do not care for the eclipse wagon being a thing and i won't be jumping on that either

can we still lynch marf tho? he's caring too much about his appearance and that's Bugging Me

gayperblade post more ;/;/;/

##Unvote

##Vote: Lord Gaius

going here, most favorable wagon that isn't blitz (see above)

Okay holes was the wrong word to use in that post, because it means something different in Mafia but like, I was trying to allude to "holes in a plan" which just means it's not very good and I elaborated that. People keep telling me I don't explain stuff when I think I am and that's frustrating.

Uhh Eclipse's recent posts haven't really swayed me in either direction. When she says I sheeped Prims and had too much conviction for a sheep Its not entirely accurate because I had more to back me up (the meta.) I still think Blitz is scummy, but I'd rather pursue something that gives us associations and someone who can defend themselves rather than just lynch Blitz at this point.

Would lynch Eclipse, Crysta, or Refa in that order of scumminess, with blitz as a last last resort if we don't agree on a wagon.

Shit I totally forgot that phase ended today. I won'thave time to read before then either and I have around one minute left in my lunch break. I'll probably bw around to vote though. I'm not down for lynching Gaius, I'll vote blitz or eclipse to consolidate, but blitz is a total crapshoot and I think eclipse is more likely to be town than scum.

Sorry that I couldn't pay more today, I tried to but my net was either too slow or kept dying.

I don't have much time to elaborate on reads but I'm gonna vote crysta over Gaius because voteparking is terrible.

##unvote ##vote: crysta

I liked eclipse's response to refa's questions, not really impressed with the reason behind her Gaius vote though. Fsr I can bothered about pushing this after that rule crumbing.

My only problem with lg is that he has been busy defending himself a lot and scum reading people who suspect him. This is sail better than crysta, who has been defending people in the thread but not changed her vote since rvs.

(3) Blitz: Iris, Prims, Crysta

(1) eclipse: Gaius

(4 Gaius: Blitz, Boron, eclipse, Manix

(3) Crysta: Shin, Refa, Marth

(1) Prims: Paperblade

(2) Not Voting: Strawman, BBM

Doesn't look like support for an eclipse lynch.

##Unvote: eclipse

Less than three hours so people should start making decisions.

I'm kinda dealing with household BILLS. I really want to hear from Crysta, I don't like the tunnel vision on Blitz. Like loads has happened in the game maybe, and it's beyond laziness just to sit on a wagon and hope it goes somewhere.

I'm actually feeling a Blitz lynch way more than a Gaius or Crysta lynch, I think it's really bad that he hasn't done anything since that one post (and he actually has been online since)

paper, marth, why do you guys think people are putting in so much effort thinking about their RVS posts and votes? If anything scum put a little more effort at that stage because they're more self-conscious. There are two types of votes at that stage- total jokes and something that's slightly bothersome that you sort of stretch to get things going.

Not sure I understand this question?

tbh if you didn't go read the games that Gaius and Crysta are referring to and then compare it to a town game of Blitz's then obviously you aren't gonna understand.

In both ragnarok and .hack, Blitz started out with asking people random questions and did nothing else. Compare this to Return to Kirby, where he asked people questions but also did other things. Overall he just seemed way more casual/confident as town. This is why I'm cutting Gaius and Crysta slack, since taking that five minutes to go look makes the votes and comments make sense

Here's his iso for Kirby btw, .hack and ragnarok were linked earlier in the thread

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=search&andor_type=&sid=9db7cfc17655406480b1aa69dc908dcf&search_author=Blitz&search_app_filters[forums][sortKey]=date&cType=topic&cId=61695&search_app_filters[forums][sortKey]=date&search_app_filters[forums][searchInKey]=&search_term=&search_app=forums&search_app_filters[forums][searchInKey]=&search_app_filters[forums][sortKey]=date&search_app_filters[forums][sortDir]=1

If you can't be assed to read these isos and are casing them you're even lazier than me, which is saying a lot. Take 5 minutes out of writing your walls telling people how maf they are to go read

##Unvote, ##Vote: Blitz

I can see the crysta case but what I cant see is shin actually voting for crysta i any of his posts. His iso says he's still voting eclipse but the votals say he's voting crysta???

I can see the crysta case but what I cant see is shin actually voting for crysta i any of his posts. His iso says he's still voting eclipse but the votals say he's voting crysta???

Fixing shortly.

I can understand that Blitz asking random questions is like his scum meta but he has literally one non-joke post which is why comparing it is a crapshoot.

My point to you and marth was that a lsrge part of your prims case and marths eclipse case was based on people not playing rvs 'the correct way' and using that for a case after rvs is over is kind of weak.

The Late Day Votals
(4) Gaius: Blitz, Boron, eclipse, Manix

(4) Blitz: Iris, Prims, Crysta, Paperblade
(3) Crysta: Refa, Marth Gaius
(1) eclipse: Shin

(2) Not Voting: Strawman, BBM

1 hour and 18 minutes remain. With 14 alive, it takes 5 to deadline lynch and 10 to hammer

Edited by SB.

Eclipse is #1 on my list but I don't think four other people are gonna be on her at deadline, and Shin HAS voted for Crysta (at least when I checked the votals.)

I'm on, don't really have much more to say than what I already did.

I'm actually feeling a Blitz lynch way more than a Gaius or Crysta lynch, I think it's really bad that he hasn't done anything since that one post (and he actually has been online since)

tbh if you didn't go read the games that Gaius and Crysta are referring to and then compare it to a town game of Blitz's then obviously you aren't gonna understand.

Yeah, I noticed Blitz being on earlier today so at least there's a case for him being a lurker now. Going to agree w/Manix now that he'd be a better vig target than a lynch just because a Town!Blitz flip means that the entire day was wasted and tomorrow is just going to be Day 1 Part 2 Electric Boogaloo.