Count Until Mods Post! Current Count: 69 haha sex number

Truthblade

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, it took way longer than I expected because of interruptions, but I did finally finish Moana, @Anime27Arts. And I apologize for not seeing it sooner, because it was indeed a very enjoyable time. I think I might like it just a bit better than Tangled for its creativity and maybe a little bit of Bionicle bias. And the songs were catchier than I expected, which was a nice surprise.

I doubt you'll see this anytime soon because it's way too late even where I am, but I did say that I would tell you my thoughts when I finished it, so here ya go.

Edited by DefaultBeep

31, there's my age

6 hours ago, DefaultBeep said:

It might be then, since I've never been questioned about that expression when saying it outside of this forum.

By the way, I know you said you're heading to bed, but I have to ask you: how do you pronounce "cupboard"? Because I and my family have always said

Hide contents

"cub-erd", but I've come to the sudden realization that it may not normally be pronounced like that.

Cubberd

11 hours ago, Rex Glacies said:

Of pure coincidence, I am presently doing a test in my stupidly tough AP Statistics class whilst procrastinating on here, and behold a question:

Reveal hidden contents

Some people believe in the force (yes, like in Star Wars). To test if young Anakin Skywalker has the force with him, he is told that some cards that Yoda can see but Anakin cannot contain a picture of a planet, a lightsaber, a laser rifle, or a spaceship. As Yoda looks at 20 such cards in turn, Anakin tries to guess what is on the card Yoda is looking at. Of course, Anakin has a 25% chance of simply guessing correctly.

... As we are presently talking about Star Wars...

Wait, 39? Again? I mean, I'm not complaining, but this must be the 4th time at least.

... But if theres 4 different cards out of 20 he has to guess, wouldn't that give him a chance of 20%? And does he just need to say "this is one of the four cards" or does he need to identify the planet card, the lightsaber card, etc. ?

This is why I hate highschool level statistics questions

10 hours ago, Anime27Arts said:

I really liked Frozen! Everyone went crazy over Elsa but I  personally liked Anna's character so much that the movie was made one of my favorites because of her.  Totally not because I'm a younger sister trapped in my perfect older sister's shadow and just wants to be loved. ;-; I've got problems.The soundtrack and animation were absolutely beautiful!

Wait... you go to two different schools, follow a bunch of high level courses and are top of your class in almost everything... and you're still overshadowed by your sister?

What kind of a monster is she?

10 hours ago, DefaultBeep said:

Fine, fine! I'll go ahead and watch it while I have dinner, since it seems that I'm the only one here who hasn't seen it yet. I will give an update in about an hour and forty-seven minutes, then.

If it helps, I've only seen Frozen of the films mentioned...

9 hours ago, SullyMcGully said:

The long-term effects of my Bionicle thread are being felt. I feel useful! So I probably won't stab myself in the chest with a butcher knife!

I'm so glad and sad I know who you're refrencing...

7 hours ago, Specta said:

and 24 is the age of specta!

Oh my god, someone around my age is on this thread!

@Rezzy I was about to make a post mentioning you as you asked, but this works out better I guess...

6 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

... But if theres 4 different cards out of 20 he has to guess, wouldn't that give him a chance of 20%? And does he just need to say "this is one of the four cards" or does he need to identify the planet card, the lightsaber card, etc. ?

This is why I hate highschool level statistics questions

Wait... you go to two different schools, follow a bunch of high level courses and are top of your class in almost everything... and you're still overshadowed by your sister?

If it helps, I've only seen Frozen of the films mentioned...

I'm so glad and sad I know who you're refrencing...

Oh my god, someone around my age is on this thread!

@Rezzy I was about to make a post mentioning you as you asked, but this works out better I guess...

Yep

4 minutes ago, eclipse said:

AHEM.

You either need to go to bed or are up far too early.

47 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

My creator also pronounces it cupboard

You know unless you specify the pronunciation in the writing I am just going to read it like I always do and assume I'm correct 

6 hours ago, DefaultBeep said:

Alright, it took way longer than I expected because of interruptions, but I did finally finish Moana, @Anime27Arts. And I apologize for not seeing it sooner, because it was indeed a very enjoyable time. I think I might like it just a bit better than Tangled for its creativity and maybe a little bit of Bionicle bias. And the songs were catchier than I expected, which was a nice surprise.

I doubt you'll see this anytime soon because it's way too late even where I am, but I did say that I would tell you my thoughts when I finished it, so here ya go.

Yea sorry.  I kind of passed out opps. The songs were really goodeven though one is just a repeat let it go and the story was a lot better than one would typically expect from a Disney princess movie.   The animation is absolutely stunning throughout the whole movie and it really is a good movie.  I'm glad you enjoyed it,  even if it was just because of Bionicles.

2 hours ago, Bartozio said:

She as well went to two different schools,  competes in the same extracurricular activities/competitions that I do, was the top of her class for a longer than I have been, was a better perfomer in band, and probably most importantly she had little to no interest in videogames and animation so she didn't take thr same "useless" classes I am taking.   She is attending the first or second (depending on who you ask it) university in my state on a full ride with grants to help with anything else she does. She also is studying to biomedical engineer, which to my parents, is a far better job than becoming any form of artist.  I also didn't want to go to two schools but they made me apply so I'm just kind of here stuck with it.  It's a pretty big shadow and I can never seem to get out of it.

8 minutes ago, Anime27Arts said:

She as well went to two different schools,  competes in the same extracurricular activities/competitions that I do, was the top of her class for a longer than I have been, was a better perfomer in band, and probably most importantly she had little to no interest in videogames and animation so she didn't take thr same "useless" classes I am taking.   She is attending the first or second (depending on who you ask it) university in my state on a full ride with grants to help with anything else she does. She also is studying to biomedical engineer, which to my parents, is a far better job than becoming any form of artist.  I also didn't want to go to two schools but they made me apply so I'm just kind of here stuck with it.  It's a pretty big shadow and I can never seem to get out of it.

Sounds to me like you are both naturally gifted students with the only real difference being your interest levels 

1 hour ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

I feel like it's my fault the thread name was changed 

It was Beep as always!

No seriously, he asked the mods to change it while we were gone...

27 minutes ago, Anime27Arts said:

Hah, still not a mathematician, so I win!

I'm gonna agree with Mack though, you're both extremely gifted (you could argue you're even more gifted for also having artistic abilities, but lets not go there). Having different intrests doesn't make you worse then her. Besides, you're probably better at strategizing and playing games right?

13 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

It was Beep as always!

No seriously, he asked the mods to change it while we were gone...

Hah, still not a mathematician, so I win!

When isn't it Beep? 

Sounds like someone is jealous.

I'm fairly sure you have said that English isn't you main language or am I mis-attributing things 

Just now, Mackc2 said:

I'm fairly sure you have said that English isn't you main language or am I mis-attributing things

No, I did say that. My main language is dutch, I only really started being able to speak english when I was about

Not being able to play games in your main language is great stimulant to learn a new language it seems.

13 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

When isn't it Beep? 

Sounds like someone is jealous.

Is English you main language, or do you just want the Grammar Nazis to return?

9 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

No, I did say that. My main language is dutch, I only really started being able to speak english when I was about

Not being able to play games in your main language is great stimulant to learn a new language it seems.

You speak good English Bart. Well, you write good English. I don't know how you sound.

@Anime27Arts I kinda know how you feel, as far as having an older sister who did everything perfect, got married to the perfect guy (he's a freaking lawyer how can you compete with that), and has four perfect kids under the age of six (and another on the way! Give me a break...). But she's not only my perfect older sister, she's the perfect older sister of my other three brothers and my little sister. Fortunately, everybody else is so different from her that we can't really be compared too closely, but it's still annoying to hear Mom and Dad talking about how my choices in dates and life aspirations fall short of her example.