FE10 Tierlist 2017

But I find Sigrun to be a bit better

This is a really unpopular opinion I have to say.

Sigrun's base strength is the same as Marcia's with FE9 boosts, and Sigrun in level 19 already.

Futhermore her growthraths are "Jeigan-likish". She has the lowest speed and defense growth of all Beorcs. It's a real shame for being the leader of the Holy Guard.

Sigrun can double some stuff in the chapter she joins but Marcia and Tanith will outshine her.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's the nature of the game. If RD was like any other FE game where you gradually build an army and they (mostly) never leave once they've joined, I would say BK doesn't need to be rated. But with so much team switching going on it feels pointless to cut him out just because he's not there at the end when no one questions rating characters like Gareth and Nasir even though we have them for less time.

This is true, but assume that Gareth, Nasir and/or Lehran were somehow as mandatory to clearing Endgame as the Black Knight is in 1-9. Would they still be considered an 8 or 9 despite their limited availability? My hesitation when it comes to rating him isn't because he's not around for Endgame, but rather that a lot of people seem to be giving him a really high score for being essential to 1-9 despite the fact that, as far as I'm aware, we don't do the same for any other character in the series (such as Edward in 1-P, Lyn in FE7's Prologue, Frederick in Awakening, etc.).

Elincia is great as a healer, flier, and offensive unit. She's very helpful when she's on the field. I think her only flaws are that she lacks a little strength. However, this did help me give Astrid kills and get her promoted. ...Even though at the time, I didn't know she was still absolute crap anyway (I just wanted a viable bow wielder not named Shinon I guess) So Elincia's low strength can come in handy for something. 8/10.

Marcia's not that great. Not as good as in PoR anyway, and she's not even really excellent there either. She lacks strength and durability. Imo, Tanith is the best Peg knight in both games. 5/10

Elincia: 9/10. Ridiculously OP in 2-E. Rejoins somewhat weaker as a combat unit, but still a mobile, flying healer (in maps with loads of terrain penalties). Her combat tends to quickly grow back to be excellent again thanks to very high growths in Str/Spd and a very silly-powerful sword. You can give her Dragonfoe and have her one-shot reds without fear of a counter, for instance. But regardless her mobility and combat are both far better than other staff users, so she's an obvious pick.

Marcia: 7/10. Marcia got nerfed a lot. But she's still in a good class with high speed in a game where things are difficult to double, and flight is really useful in many of her maps (2-E, 3-9, 3-11, most part 4 maps outside Ike's route). Like all the CRK she plays catchup a bit compared to the GMs but she's one of the best candidates for said catchup (you have two Paragons in 3-9, after all).

This is true, but assume that Gareth, Nasir and/or Lehran were somehow as mandatory to clearing Endgame as the Black Knight is in 1-9. Would they still be considered an 8 or 9 despite their limited availability? My hesitation when it comes to rating him isn't because he's not around for Endgame, but rather that a lot of people seem to be giving him a really high score for being essential to 1-9 despite the fact that, as far as I'm aware, we don't do the same for any other character in the series (such as Edward in 1-P, Lyn in FE7's Prologue, Frederick in Awakening, etc.).

I can't speak for others, but my score for him had nothing to do with him being practically essential.

Burger King: Kind of an odd character to rate given his weird availability, but for what he's worth I'll give him an 8/10.

Nailah: First Laguz Royal you get and like all of them she's broken in every way. Only real disadvantage is lack of 2-range. 9/10

Elincia: Has a relatively good Personal weapon but really shines as a healer. Great utility unit that can fend for herself as well. 8/10

Marcia: Got a huge nerf from FE9, but she's still an okay character to use. Gets a bias point because she's awesome. 6.5/10

I can't speak for others, but my score for him had nothing to do with him being practically essential.

Same, I gave him 8/10 because he is a flawless fighter in the chapters he is in but has mediocre mobility and he isn't around for very long.

(I did vote in the poll yesterday, OP, so this isn't a belated vote.)

Elincia: Mediocre in 2-P, amazing in 2-E (if you don't Haar-skip) and a really good healer during part 4 that happens to deal OK damage with Amite. Idk if she is really needed in the tower since you have Micaiah as a healer anyway, but I still prefer to take a second staffer with me and Elincia is the best option for that by far. 8/10

Marcia: She's OK. Not the greatest availability, but I appreciate that she's present in turn 1 of 2-E. Transfers can help her quite a bit, but she functions just fine without them. All in all just a very solid unit. 6.5/10

Leanne- Being able to refresh two units at a time is useful for every chapter she's in. Availability is a bit limited. Outclassed by her brothers as a heron choice for 4-E, so no credit for that. 8/10

Nealuchi- Kind of useful for 2-P (though this isn't a high pressure map to complete efficiently) and 2-2. Might chip something in 2-E, doesn't have enough Mt and is 1 range locked with gauge with Part 4 so he's pretty much useless. 3/10

Haar- High physical durability+ flight+ ORKOs at 1-2 range+ good enough speed with Speedwing+ high availability. Being fried by mages and a non ideal speed cap are very minor negatives compared to all the positives he has 9.5/10

Brom- Is excellent in 2-1, does some work in 2-2, probably nothing in 2-E. Is too slow to be of any use to the GMs or for the rest of the game 5/10

Nephenee- Big contributions in 2-1 and does some stuff in 2-2. Can be a workable unit with the GMs due to her speed, though a lack of mount and lowish Str hild her back some. Much better with transfers. 7/10

I ranked Marcia down to 7.5 since I focussed too much on FE9 boosts.

Since I'll leave this thread alone for the Christmas days I decided to let you vote for more characters till a longer period as compensation.

The poll will be open till 27th. Then I'll let you vote for two characters per day like usual.

Leanne

Growthrates (%)

HP: 60

Strength: 0

Magic: 40

Skill: 10

Speed: 20

Luck: 80

Defense: 10

Resistance: 40

Affinity: water

Without question Leanne is the worst heron in the game, but it doesn’t make her automatically bad. She still can bless for two people (un)transformed, although her movement is worse than Reyson’s and the same as Rafiel’s.

She will be killed by everyone, but honestly the other two aren’t much tankier either.

Her only real issue is that she can't bless for more than two people.

She’s very useful in all the chapters she’s forced. Worse than the other two, but still useful enough

8 / 10

Nealuchi

Growthrates (%)

HP: 55

Strength: 35

Magic: 10

Skill: 40

Speed: 40

Luck: 80

Defense: 40

Resistance: 25

Skill: wrath

Affinity: fire

Nealuchi is another unit with several issues: Being a Laguz and having poor availibility.

He’s useful in 2-P to give Marcia the kills, but then he becomes pointless.

In 2-2 he can't attack immediately unlike Lethe and Mordecai (has to use a laguz stone), and in part 3 you have three better fliers than him.
Wrath is a skill he can’t really benefit from. The only way to make use of it is to take a crossbow shot. (Soul showed it to me)

Seriously Nealuchi can only do slightly more than Vika in the chapters he's forced.

4 / 10

Haar

Growthrates (%)

HP: 30

Strength: 70

Magic: 5

Skill: 70

Speed: 30

Luck: 45

Defense: 65

Resistance: 20

Skill: cancel

Affinity: wind

I guess almost everyone will have the opinion that Haar is the best unit in FE10. He joins with terrific bases and growths. He’s a flying general who can destroy and tank against physical units.

In 2-E he can oneshot all the generals with the hammer except for Ludveck and can do beastly damage to all the other generics.

In part 3 he’s still fantastic too.

However in part 4 and endgame I find Jill better than Haar because of her better dodging abilities and resistance.

In earlygame Haar > Jill

In endgame Jill > Haar

So both get the exact same rating.

9.5 / 10

PS: You won't see a 10 / 10 at all, because no unit in FE10 is absolute perfect for me.

Brom

Growthrates (%)

HP: 80

Strength: 40

Magic: 5

Skill: 40

Speed: 30

Luck: 70

Defense: 60

Resistance: 25

Skill: disarm

Affinity: water

Brom is a general with solid bases. Unlike Nephenee he can take several hits in 2-1. In general in part 2 he does a decent job.

However in part 3 you'll have Gatrie, the probably best general in the entire FE series, and other better axe users with Titania and Boyd.

Also his growthrates aren't great. His strength growth is <50%, really sad for a general.

Disarm is a skill whose activation rate is based on skill. Since Brom’s skill isn’t the best, other units can make better use of it.

He’s good in part 2, ok in part 3 but a wasted spot there unfortunately.

5.5 / 10

Nephenee

Growthrates (%)

HP: 45

Strength: 35

Magic: 15

Skill: 70

Speed: 65

Luck: 40

Defense: 35

Resistance: 45

Skill: wrath

Affinity: wind

Nephenee is another unit who really needs FE9 boosts. If she has them in str, skl, spd + def, she’s good in the first chapter she joins already.

If not, she has serious problems.

She’s suffering from her equipment. I don’t fucking know why this game decided to give her a steel greatlance instead of an iron greatlance. With her speed penalty she can’t double anyone in hard mode and has serious accuracy issues. Her appearance makes 2-1 to my least favorite chapter in the entire game. If she misses once at the wrong time, I’m doomed. Nephenee has a really hard start.

At least the upcoming chapters are better for her since she has support by other strong units.

And in part 3 she has more than enough chapters to turn out well.

Her growthrates are myrmidon-like which means her attackpower and defense won’t become much better very soon. However she’s an excellent user of bexp. since skill, speed and resistance will be maxed very soon.

Nephenee has great potential and will become a better sentinel than Aran because of her speed, but her earlygame sucks. And if she doesn't level strength early on, you will do better with other lance users.

In general as for the wielder of the wishblade I prefer Marcia or Tanith because of their mobility.

7 / 10

Edited by Eleanor Hume

Leanne

Worst heron, she really has nothing over the other two. Not really much to say. She'll be useful for when you need her, at least.

5/10

Nealuchi

I have a hard time ranking him. He's better than Vika, but worse than the other bird Laguz. He's certainly not bad! But...when you have Tibarn, and Janaff, and Ulki...eh.

EDIT: I take that back. Thinking about it...he's kinda bad. Still better than Vika, though.

4/10

Haar

Everything I said about Jill applies here, but I like Jill a bit more just because of personal bias.

9/10

Brom

Ah, Brom. You will forever be one of the most underrated units in all of Fire Emblem. Brom's availability is the best of the four armor knights in the game, giving him time to build up his stats. And in Part 2, let's face it, there aren't many other units to use. Elincia, Haar, Nephenee...maybe Marcia? And then that's it. Lucia is awful, Lethe ain't great, Mordecai is okay but you have to rely on that gauge, none of the Crimea Royal Knights are around long enough to do anything with, Heather is NOT a combat unit...Brom is really one of the best units to use in Part 2, and he'll be more than serviceable when he rejoins in Part 3. Supporting him with Nephenee is fantastic, raising every single one of his stats. In the Part 2 Endgame, you can wedge him up near one of the side stairs, and he can very easily completely block every enemy from getting to the "throne" square, which will rack him up some serious experience points, especially if you have Nephenee nearby to give him those support bonuses and heal him occasionally when needed. He's a defensive tank, and as a knight that's EXACTLY what you want. When he rejoins in Part 3, he can be paired with Gatrie to make walls, weakening enemies for Soren or another distanced attacker to deal the final blow to. Giving him the Disarm skill is also great, and he'll make very good use of Luna. His stat caps aren't the best, but that's a problem with all four of the armored knights, unfortunately, but for the time you have him, he will perform very well, and honestly...he can still do well in the final Endgame, should you want to bring a Marshall into it. He has good defense and can withstand hits from pretty much everything, even Ashera, and he can deal out some good damage. His movement can be fixed with a pair of boots, although his speed may still be an issue. I will never claim him to be the best unit in the game, but I do think he's seriously underrated. He's on-par with Gatrie, and he outclasses Meg and Taureno. He deserves at least a 7/10, but as for my own rating...

9/10

Nephenee

Like Brom, she's one of the best units to use in Part 2. Unlike Brom, she's not underrated. Supporting her with Brom is fantastic (as I already said), and she'll really contribute. She's a favorite of mine to bring into the final Endgame, I like giving her the Wishblade, she makes very good use of it! She's got good stats and good growths, although she'll probably need to be healed after hits from certain enemies.

8.5/10

Edited by Fire Emblem Fan

Lots of characters all of a sudden!

Leanne: Refresher, except she doesn't move as far as Reyson, can't refresh 4 units ever, is the most fragile of them all and is overall completely overshadowed by her brothers. She doesn't even grow faster than them, nor do herons really gain appreciable EXP anyway so she's not really doing a great job being the in-between between Rafiel and Reyson. Still useful, but definitely the worst of the three herons. Bias for great story presense and cute ending with Naesala though.

Nealuchi: He does a decent amount of work in part 2 with great speed and decent strength and durability, though he can't actually see in the dark. At all. Ravens are kind of weak.

Haar: The legend. The game breaker.

Brom: Necessary unit in part 2, less so in part 3 but he can keep up if you train him. Unfortunately his speed really sucks. He can tank early on in part 3 still, but he'll go through a long stint of wide open maps where generals just don't do well.

Nephenee: Again, necessary in part 2 even with some strength problems, but she's in a great class, cap rams skill and speed for BEXP abuse, and she's a good candidate for the Wishblade because of her ideal speed cap. Essentially a swordmaster, but sub in a spear. I'm completely biased but she's cool. Her 35% growth rate in strength somehow doesn't cause her issues as much as other strength starved units like Meg or Marcia, likely because she's already likely to cap three stats in 10 levels and she gets some additional time to train.

8/10 for Leanne. She's not as good as Reyson, but she does her job well enough.

3/10 for Nealuchi. Has his uses in part 2, but then disapoofs until part 4.

9/10 for Haar. Good mobility power, and defense, but his resistance and speed leave something to be desired.

7/10 for Brom. Solid in part 2, and still useful in part 3.

7/10 for Nephenee. Good availability and speed, but her early game's a bit rough on her.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

leanne: she's alright, the worst heron, but still good. very useful for clearing 2-e. moderately useful in 3-11 and the silver army chapters. 7/10

nealuchi: good in 2-2, solid in 2-e...and that's about it. you could use him a little in part 4, but he won't be doing that much damage. 5/10

haar: man do i need to say anything here? king of radiant dawn and god of destruction right here. he breaks 2-e his movement and a hammer and then proceeds to break almost all of part 3 with his flying and ridiculous power. his speed growth isn't the best, but this game makes it really easy to fix that, and there's no doubt that he will take advantage of speed-boosting investment, far more than any other character in the game. just give him a stack of hand axes and he's good to go, with a steel poleaxe for the occasional general. the only thing really stopping him are mages, especially thunder, but they're not even good at aiming at him. i think his shining moment in my opinion is 4-3 in the desert. gets surpassed by jill at the end and needs a brave to double in the last two chapters of the endgame, but who cares, the game is pretty much over by then. 10/10, closest thing there is to a flawless unit.

brom - he's decent. 2-1, he's doing the heavy lifting because nephenee is pretty weak at base, and he continues to be really useful in 2-2 and 2-e. by the time he joins the mercs, it's really hard to justify deploying him over the other options you have, but that's not to say he's bad, and if you want, you could definitely use him despite this. has classic general growths (unlike gatrie who is a bit insane), making him a solid tank. so i guess outclassed, but still very usable and respectable for what he is. 6.5/10

nephenee - i think she's kind of overrated here, maybe because her design is really cool, but she's solid. bases are really weak, especially since she starts off with a steel greatlance that's weighing her down, but it's not very difficult to get her off the ground; she's got great availability in part 3. kind of like a classic fe peg knight/myrmidon in her growths, but this game makes it really easy to balance out the stats with bexp abuse. great endgame candidate with the wishblade. 7/10.

Edited by Radiant head

Since I missed Marcia/Elincia, I'll do them here, in spoilers. The rest of the numerical votes will be reflected in the poll.

Elincia: Flying staffbot with a PRF weapon is a plus, though you're forced to take a staffbot with you to Endgame, which kinda dampens her a bit. Mercy sucks, even if it makes sense, story-wise. I've been regularly underwhelmed with her performance, however, because "flying" is dominated by wyverns and "staffbot" is required. 7/10

Marica: The pegasi in this game pale in comparison to the wyverns, and Marcia is no exception. Flying is nice, but so would PROCCING STRENGTH EVERY NOW AND THEN SHEESH GIRL. 6/10

Onward!

Leanne: Though she's not as potent as her brothers (and WTF at that singing pattern), singing is nice, no matter who does it. 8.5/10

Nealuchi: He pulls a lot more weight than he should during part 2, and then he falls off in part 4. In other words, typical non-royal laguz syndrome. However, I rely on him pretty heavily when he's around (due to issues explained later), so it balances out. 6/10

Haar: Throw him into the midst of things and they die, end of story. He makes excellent use of BEXP without transfers, and if he gets a Speed transfer, the game is his oyster. 10/10

Brom: Unlike his daughter, he knows that knights need to absorb damage. He may not do so well against mages, but if it's between Brom or Heather/Nepheenee, he's gonna be the one taking the brunt of everything. 7/10

Nepheenee: If I wanted a myrmidon, I'd use Zihark. One day, I'll get a Nepheenee that wrecks everything, instead of one that dies because her lances weigh her down. 5.5/10 with negative bias for always being a poor unit in my hands.

Nepheenee: If I wanted a myrmidon, I'd use Zihark. One day, I'll get a Nepheenee that wrecks everything, instead of one that dies because her lances weigh her down. 5.5/10 with negative bias for always being a poor unit in my hands.

It's about time someone feels similarly to Nephenee that I do. Man I do not like her in RD.

It's about time someone feels similarly to Nephenee that I do. Man I do not like her in RD.

I feel like Neph is feast or famine. If you aren't going to pump her full of BEXP the moment she caps skill/speed/res she's not going to fix her terrible strength. I was looking up bases and Neph is really not performing better than Marcia from on-paper statistics. The only difference maker is that once they both get going, Neph has more strength and durability, and Neph has more chapters to work with to get there. But just trying to use Neph without BEXP and she's not really good. And yet Neph with BEXP has some of the most ideal caps in the game for a beorc unit. Higher than average durability, the magic 34 speed, and a respectable 34 strength puts her ahead of the pegasus knights as a pure combat unit. Hence why she is frequently cited as a good Wishblade user.

But yeah, Neph just gets a ton of bias because she's good looking and in a class you don't normally get to play with.

Leanne - She's the weakest of the herons in general, but she's still able to refresh two units at once, making her better than your average FE dancer. 8/10

Nealuchi - Quite useful during Part 2, but when he rejoins, he doesn't really have any impact any more. I guess he can be a filler unit while the army is split? 4/10

Haar - 10/10. I mean, he might not be perfect, but it's really fucking close.

Brom - Performs really well during part 2, even in 2-E if you decide to play it out. Among the mercs, he's less impressive, especially because his low move becomes a factor, but he's far from unusable. When endgame rolls in, he suffers the same fate as basically every Armor Knight: His combat will be sub-par because of his caps, so there is no reason to use him over... well any decently trained character. 5.5/10

Nephenee - Kinda the opposite of Brom. She's really shaky at first (it helps when you can finally get her a decent weapon...), but as soon as she starts capping, she really gets rolling as a combat unit. And even without transfers, she will cap Skl, Spd and Res soon enough for her Str to catch up. Still, she requires resources to become good, but not game-breakingly so, so it's still just a 6/10 for me.

Leanne - Worst of a group of good units is still a good unit. 7.5/10

Nealuchi - Helpful, though not great, for a few maps. Then...nothing. 4.5/10

Haar - Don't think I need to say much about Haar. 9.5/10 (not 10 because his speed is unreliable)

Brom - Helpful for a few maps, then just...not terrible, but nothing notably good about him. 6/10

Nephenee - Helpful for a few maps, then actually has some value in using, though takes a bit of work in hard mode. 7.5/10

Leanne - Being able to refresh two unit at once is awesome. Too bad others can refresh up to 4. I would still give her a 10/10 since she usually doesn't directly compete against the others... if you didn't get to choose between all three of them for the finale. So that counts to her availability and she has not a lot to offer to choose her over her brothers.

9/10

Nealuchi - He is a good asset in Part 2 although the fact that he still can't kill anything in one round prevents him from being truly great in that part. But come Part 4 and he can barely put a dent into enemies.

6/10

Haar - The god of Radiant Dawn. Haar is hilariously good. He is a flier with overwhelmingly high stats, no vulnerability to arrows and the only available flier for a part of the game. Only a vulnerability to the weakest type of magic in the game slows him down. (well, that and the fact that his Axe throwing animation is unnecessary long)

10/10

Brom - Brom is very helpful in Part 2, being very hard to kill without having to deal with a transformation gauge. Come Part 3 though, and he is just one of many units who get the job done, just with less movement. Rejoining alongside Haar, who is superior in every stat and just so happens to also have high movement, flight and no vulnerability to Armorslayers, is particularly unfortunate to him.

6.5/10

Nephenee - Compared to her teammates she is rather lacking in Part 2. She can be better then Brom in Part 3 due to higher agility and mobility, but she still lacks anything that makes her stand out from the competition.

5.5/10

Edited by BrightBow

I said it before, Herons get low scores from me because they're fragile and can't fight. Leanne is the weakest of the three too, imo. 1/10

Brom: He's helpful in his debut chapter, but beyond that, he's better off being benched for Gatrie later. 4/10

Nephenee: Same as Brom, except Aran is the better option to me. I find Nephenee too fragile and a bit weak. Better than Brom though, since his class...ugh. 5/10

Nealuchi: Helpful in his debut chapter, like the two before him here, but beyond that, not much use. 4/10

Haar: One of the best units in the game period. He can kill anything and comes in at a high level too. His only weakness is Thunder magic. Literally. 9.5/10

Edited by Anacybele

Leanne: 7/10, the same score I gave Rafiel. She can refresh fewer units, but on someone who is one-shotted by everything, Canto is really nice. Really awesome in 2-E due to the way the map is structured.

Nealuchi: 4/10. He's workable in Part 2 but not really that great; he tanks well until his gauge empties. Then he leaves and doesn't come back until he's really weak, though still better than Vika then if you insist on using a non-royal raven for some reason.

Haar: 20 base speed is decent but the growth lets him down (he'd kinda like a speedwing and those are valuable), and he can be one-shotted by thunder mage crits (even if you give him Nullify) due to low res/luck. But his HP/Str/Skl/Def are monstrous, he flies in maps where flying is dominant, he has two weapons (something not even paladins have at tier 2 in this game) at high weapon ranks, 1-2, canto, no bow weakness, Hammer access, etc. Overall the most useful unit in the game. I'm debating if that's worth an auto-10 or if the fact that he isn't perfect means 9.5 is more approrpriate. Eh, I'll give him 10 today.

Brom: 5.5/10. Well he's invaluable in 2-1 but I'm not sure how much I care. He's solid as a tank for the rest of part 2 and then hard outclassed by Gatrie, Haar, and others in Part 3. He really needed to have more than an E rank in his backup weapon. He is tougher against magic than his competition, though, and unlike some units who are good in their starting part then fall off, he never becomes unworkable.

Nephenee: 7/10. Marcia who doesn't fly but doesn't have to worry about becoming underlevelled due to missing a chunk of part 3. I'd say that kinda balances. Her Str could be better but the speed is nice, especially once it gets rolling a bit (she'll double more than any beorc except like Heather/Mia, and is sturdier than them). She is reliant on some good levels early to get started, though.

I don't understand how people can not like her in POR or RD... At least for me she kicks into godmode every single time and carries everyone on her Sentinel back while she whips everyone with her big ass fightin' stick

Because her starting situation sucks in both games, maybe?

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia