Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

20 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

No, it's my CHOICE like Elie said, not my loss. Ditching a unit I can't find a use for or don't like isn't a loss to me. It's a gain because feathers. So I don't see how it's mind-boggling at all. I haven't ditched any characters lately, but that's partly because I liked the units I got most recently more and because I haven't pulled in quite awhile.

Thinking about throwing out Jagen though, because I haven't had a use for him and I really would like the feathers. But I also don't really want to deflate my roster anymore. I guess I'll do that when I do get more characters again.

If I were you, I'd actually train Jagen as he benefits Cav squads, being a huge benefit to Frederick, your fave. It will make him thwompier. If anything, you can also cross fingers for an Eliwood as he also boosts cavs and is a sword unit, making you cover all the traingle. For an extra you can choose a troubadour like Clarine or Elise, or a (color) cavalier like Cecilia, Leo, Reinhardt or Olwen (if you pull them). You could work on a cav team by the time being.

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

If I were you, I'd actually train Jagen as he benefits Cav squads, being a huge benefit to Frederick, your fave. It will make him thwompier. If anything, you can also cross fingers for an Eliwood as he also boosts cavs and is a sword unit, making you cover all the traingle. For an extra you can choose a troubadour like Clarine or Elise, or a (color) cavalier like Cecilia, Leo, Reinhardt or Olwen (if you pull them). You could work on a cav team by the time being.

Not a bad idea. I'll hope for Eliwood in the future though. As well as Elise (as I didn't like Clarine at all from what I saw of her). I'm skipping this focus, so there's little chance I'll pull Reinhardt or Olwen. Leo also has a very small chance of appearing.

Cecilia, Clarine, and Elise aren't cavalier knights though, they're troubadors or mages.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Not a bad idea. I'll hope for Eliwood in the future though. As well as Elise (as I didn't like Clarine at all from what I saw of her). I'm skipping this focus, so there's little chance I'll pull Reinhardt or Olwen. Leo also has a very small chance of appearing.

Cecilia, Clarine, and Elise aren't cavalier knights though, they're troubadors or mages.

They're all on horses, so they get the boosts from the Cav boosting skills Jagen and Eliwood have.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

One could classify the them as Valkyries more than Mages. Jagen/Gunter/etc and those guys with "Boost X Stat for Cavalry" boosts stats for Cecilia/Clarine/Elise/Lachesis/etc. If it's on a horse, it gets buffed.

Edited by Elieson
Ninja'd!

3 minutes ago, Elieson said:

One could classify the them as Valkyries more than Mages. Jagen/Gunter/etc and those guys with "Boost X Stat for Cavalry" boosts stats for Cecilia/Clarine/Elise/Lachesis/etc. If it's on a horse, it gets buffed.

Lachesis is a foot unit, though :P:

8 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

They're all on horses, so they get the boosts from the Cav boosting skills Jagen and Eliwood have.

So? They're still not actual cavalier knights. I don't like troubadors and mages as much.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

So? They're still not actual cavalier knights. I don't like troubadors and mages as much.

I thought you were confused on whether the skills Eliwood/Jagen/etc have affect them, because anyone with a pony is able to take advantage of it.  My bad.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

Just now, Glaceon Mage said:

I thought you were confused on whether the skills Eliwood/Jagen/etc have affect them, because anyone with a pony is able to take advantage of it.  My bad.

Why would I be confused about that? Of course those skills would work on anything riding a horse. It wouldn't make sense otherwise.

20 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Why would I be confused about that? Of course those skills would work on anything riding a horse. It wouldn't make sense otherwise.

You didn't mention disinterest in Troubs/Mages (just Clarine). If anything, it sounded like you wanted to draw Elise, which goes against the generalization of your statement. 

24 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

For an extra you can choose a troubadour like Clarine or Elise, or a (color) cavalier like Cecilia, Leo, Reinhardt or Olwen (if you pull them).

22 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I can't think of why you would have quoted Quintessence and his definition of Clarine/Elise = Troubadour, just to remind him that yes, Clarine/Elise = Troubadours, so this confused me (and probably others too).

1 minute ago, Elieson said:

You didn't mention disinterest in Troubs/Mages (just Clarine). If anything, it sounded like you wanted to draw Elise, which goes against the generalization of your statement. 

I can't think of why you would have quoted Quintessence and his definition of Clarine/Elise = Troubadour, just to remind him that yes, Clarine/Elise = Troubadours, so this confused me (and probably others too).

Sorry about that, I should've clarified better. I meant that I wouldn't mind drawing Elise, she just wouldn't be on a cavalier knight team.

Are there any characters you like at all except Ike, Elincia, and Frederick? Kieran, I guess. Anybody else?

Troubs are no-no, mages are haram…

Edited by Vaximillian

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

cavalier knight team

This is what you meant; got it.

I'd love to say I fully support your endeavor (I'm fortunate enough to have rolled a Clarine, Jagen, Eliwood and Frederick to combine with freebies Gunter & Cecilia). Running all four in tandem is nice but in maps that have woods/mountains/gaps/hallways where I can't keep them all adjacent for those sweet sweet adjacency bonuses, I really feel the hurt, and the lack of 2-range is super inconvenient when Fred or Jagen are like 4HP shy of killing a chump. Sure, Fred annihilates armors but for the rest of the time, I'm basically trading 1-for-1 blows against non-armor units. I've ended up swapping out Frederick/Eliwood with Clarine (depending on Map layout for non-arena battles). I bide with her voice by just assuming that I've deployed Rarity, and do pretty well with her either granting support with heals or using Fear to attack people with a little bit of chip damage and giving -6 to their Atk to stack with the +6 Def/Res given by Jagen and his Fortify Cavalry skill.

If I can afford to go balls out offense then I don't run Clarine, but more often than not, she helps me ensure that the units that I do bring stay alive to reap the benefits of the EXP they gain from the battle, and since everyone's on a horse, they can usually just run away if danger hits. 

I wouldn't normally run Clarine on my cavalry team but having 2-range helps a lot. Cecilia boosts unit Res very reliably and can help. Clarine is good at keeping people alive and Elise has a whopping 15pt Heal that also heals herself, so you can let Elise take a hit with comfort. There's benefits to using them Leo, I haven't drawn, but have heard good things about and read that his abilities are really helpful, like his Growing Light, that does the same thing as Hawkeye's special, and Savage Blow, dealing AoE chip for 5 damage at 4* rarity, which is probably very nice

Edited by Elieson

I actually do have a calvary team...

Current lineup

StarsColor-Name-Lvl/Atk/Spd/Def/Res

4* Red/Eliwood - 21+/26/27/21/15/19

4* Blue/Jagen - 29/31/38/17/18/27

3* Green/Gunter - 24+/32/29/17/22/9

3* Green/Cecilia - 23/24/27/14/11/18

BACKUPS?

3* Blue/Sully - 22+/27/21/22/13/14

3* Blue/Abel - 13/19/16/11/15/11

4* Red/Stahl - 1/18/15/6/9/3

...A healer would be nice, and I might dump Eliwood if something better comes along as Gunter and Jagen's buffs give +6 at the start of turn as opposed to Eliwood's +4 during combat.

10 minutes ago, ErrantDShepherd said:

I actually do have a calvary team...

Current lineup

StarsColor-Name-Lvl/Atk/Spd/Def/Res

4* Red/Eliwood - 21+/26/27/21/15/19

4* Blue/Jagen - 29/31/38/17/18/27

3* Green/Gunter - 24+/32/29/17/22/9

3* Green/Cecilia - 23/24/27/14/11/18

BACKUPS?

3* Blue/Sully - 22+/27/21/22/13/14

3* Blue/Abel - 13/19/16/11/15/11

4* Red/Stahl - 1/18/15/6/9/3

...A healer would be nice, and I might dump Eliwood if something better comes along as Gunter and Jagen's buffs give +6 at the start of turn as opposed to Eliwood's +4 during combat.

I hope everyone is realizing that f Robin Completely runs over all cavalry. Not sure how powerful she is but she could potentially kill 2 people in one turn with the help of Olivia or azura. In order to run a full cavalry team you would need a red F Robin counter, you might not be able to run FULL cavlry. I like the ideas though

40 minutes ago, Elieson said:

This is what you meant; got it.

I'd love to say I fully support your endeavor (I'm fortunate enough to have rolled a Clarine, Jagen, Eliwood and Frederick to combine with freebies Gunter & Cecilia). Running all four in tandem is nice but in maps that have woods/mountains/gaps/hallways where I can't keep them all adjacent for those sweet sweet adjacency bonuses, I really feel the hurt, and the lack of 2-range is super inconvenient when Fred or Jagen are like 4HP shy of killing a chump. Sure, Fred annihilates armors but for the rest of the time, I'm basically trading 1-for-1 blows against non-armor units. I've ended up swapping out Frederick/Eliwood with Clarine (depending on Map layout for non-arena battles). I bide with her voice by just assuming that I've deployed Rarity, and do pretty well with her either granting support with heals or using Fear to attack people with a little bit of chip damage and giving -6 to their Atk to stack with the +6 Def/Res given by Jagen and his Fortify Cavalry skill.

I can't ditch Freddy though, you know that. He's my favorite in my current group. Besides, he's not bad at all. I find him really good, in fact. He's a counter to armors who are bitches to defeat otherwise because while mages can do a lot of damage, they can't take the hits in return. Freddy can. He also has pretty high attack and defense. His only big problem is his res. He has to bring down mages before they can hit him.

So my current team is Lachesis (5 star), Chrom (4 Star), Robin (5 Star), and Beruka (3 Star). Just got Lachesis today, and I have to say her artwork is good, and the voice actor is great, but holy shit was that jarring to hear the first time. She looks young, but has an older voice. It doesnt really fit at all in terms of the artwork and voice match up. Unfortunately I know nothing of the actual character, so the voice may actually be perfect.

Anyways, in terms of the team it works really well. I need to get Beruka upgraded though, she is easily my worst unit on the team being at 3 stars and not having much of any potential of getting better until she gets upgraded.

Anyone get Sanaki yet? Really curious what her voice/artwork is, and what her skills look like.

Edited by Tolvir

3 hours ago, AbsoluteZer0Nova said:

On the bright side... they're separate at least. Would have been annoying to have Leo share with Nowi.

Given that it's recycled art from the opening/website page I would assume the characters that didn't get new art there will be given the same art style such as RD Ike, Ephraim and so on.

Yeah, I don't have to worry about Nowi tainting my poor Leo, now.

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Yeah, I don't have to worry about Nowi tainting my poor Leo, now.

Yeah, I'm glad Ike isn't tainted with Lyn myself!

Edited by Anacybele

23 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

So my current team is Lachesis (5 star), Chrom (4 Star), Robin (5 Star), and Beruka (3 Star). Just got Lachesis today, and I have to say her artwork is good, and the voice actor is great, but holy shit was that jarring to hear the first time. She looks young, but has an older voice. It doesnt really fit at all in terms of the artwork and voice match up. Unfortunately I know nothing of the actual character, so the voice may actually be perfect.

yeah her voice is fine it's more the artwork that's the problem 

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Me sending home units I don't like is mind-boggling, but this isn't? Seriously.

Elieson was saying that it's tailfin's choice to send home units. I suppose he could've be referring to you, also. I don't specifically dislike any characters, but if I kept the ones I truly like, I'd have no more than between 5 or 10 units.