• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

4 minutes ago, mikethepokemaster said:

I have a Rebecca how is she with death and life along with Brave Bow.

She isn't as fast so it's not even worth the trouble. Unless she's +Spd but even then she's not as OP as Setsuna.

9 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

She's got really good coverage. Like, really good. 

:o:

She gets one-round killed by about 90% of all vanilla units on enemy phase.

:(:

Classic glass-cannon scenario, I see. Still sounds like it has a lot of promise, so I'll look into it. I did recently summon a 4* +Spd, -Res Setsuna, so that's a good start :D

Just now, mikethepokemaster said:

Alright but what skills works best with Astra? Moonbew? Also how about Minerva for me she pretty Op.

To be honest, "mehbecca" is so meh, I'm not entirely sure what to put on her because she's just too vanilla to do anything special with. It's like someone took a random assortment of skills and just put them on a random body with demon eyes (no offense).

Moonbow is okay but I'm not even sure it's worth the sacrifice.

Minerva is absolutely nuts though. You can switch out life and death for fury, giving her some mean stats without the negative defense. 

I could think of my own but you should go here 

http://feheroes.wiki/Minerva/Builds

1 minute ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Classic glass-cannon scenario, I see. Still sounds like it has a lot of promise, so I'll look into it. I did recently summon a 4* +Spd, -Res Setsuna, so that's a good start :D

I ran all of my match-ups with her at 27/39 HP for Desperation to be active, so the threshold to kill her in one hit is quite a bit lower. Ryoma can't one-hit kill her from full health, for example, so both Setsuna and +Spd Ryoma will come out of that alive, but at low HP.

Setsuna definitely prefers picking on units that she can double attack, though, because anything with bulk to speak of at all will survive 2 hits from her no problem.

7 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

To be honest, "mehbecca" is so meh, I'm not entirely sure what to put on her because she's just too vanilla to do anything special with. It's like someone took a random assortment of skills and just put them on a random body with demon eyes (no offense).

Moonbow is okay but I'm not even sure it's worth the sacrifice.

Minerva is absolutely nuts though. You can switch out life and death for fury, giving her some mean stats without the negative defense. 

I could think of my own but you should go here 

http://feheroes.wiki/Minerva/Builds

Thanks but I still like my Rebecca. Is Fury really that good I find it annoying since it take a few point of hp off but Life and Death pretty bad with the whole -4 def and res. My Hanna has L&D2 and get get one shot 50% of the time it might because she a 4 star and only lvl 31.

25 minutes ago, mikethepokemaster said:

I have a Rebecca how is she with death and life along with Brave Bow.

MAYBE if she's +Atk/-HP.  Otherwise, I'd keep Darting Blow on her, and give her Iceberg and possibly a Brave Bow+ (not vanilla Brave Bow, her Strength isn't quite high enough to justify it).

She's like some sort of weird hybrid between Gordin and Niles, without the redeeming features of either.

2 minutes ago, eclipse said:

MAYBE if she's +Atk/-HP.  Otherwise, I'd keep Darting Blow on her, and give her Iceberg and possibly a Brave Bow+ (not vanilla Brave Bow, her Strength isn't quite high enough to justify it).

She's like some sort of weird hybrid between Gordin and Niles, without the redeeming features of either.

Okay that sound good but I only have Brave Bow I can give her iceberg though though Felicia

Just now, mikethepokemaster said:

Okay that sound good but I only have Brave Bow I can give her iceberg though though Felicia

Is it a brave bow from Klein or from Gordin?

2 minutes ago, mikethepokemaster said:

You're going pseudo-Niles then, but trading the Killer Bow's cooldown for the Silver Bow's raw MT.  She'll basically be used to bait mages, and snipe melee units.

So I've seen a lot of sources say that Jeorge is one of the best archers, but can someone explain to me how? I'm not sure if I want to incorporate him in my arena team or not, but I want to get a better idea of what is niche is.

12 minutes ago, SageOfAnys said:

So I've seen a lot of sources say that Jeorge is one of the best archers, but can someone explain to me how? I'm not sure if I want to incorporate him in my arena team or not, but I want to get a better idea of what is niche is.

Jeorge isn't actually one of the best archers, but he definitely isn't bad. The main issue is that he is slightly outclassed to some degree.

When people discuss Jeorge, they generally compare him to his main competition, Takumi. Comparing only their base stats, Jeorge has higher resistance while losing out in every other stat to Takumi with the exception of strength, in which they tie. Neither of their Prf bows are significantly better, though Parthia's Res buff comes into play more often than Fujin Yumi's Pass.

So the comparison mostly rests on their skills, and overall Takumi's kit is much better. Close Counter makes Takumi and archer without any of the traditional archer's weaknesses, and Threaten Speed is more relevant for helping teammates avoid getting doubled or ORKO'ing certain threats. Meanwhile, Jeorge carries a +Speed aura, which is much more situational since he needs to sit adjacent to his allies to give them a buff that is overall smaller than Threaten Speed's debuff. All of the "Seal" skills are pretty bad, since enemy units should not survive getting attacked by your own if you are playing correctly, so they never come into play; Seal Attack is no exception.

In short, Jeorge's default kit was designed to make him play like more of a traditional FE archer, offering buff/debuff utility and decent chip damage. Meanwhile, Takumi is more suited to the front lines, considering he can attack at one range and has more bulk overall, as well as Vengeance to punish units that try to attack him. Unfortunately, the meta has a pretty obvious slant toward the play that Takumi promotes, which leaves Jeorge overshadowed.

Oh, and what's your sources? And when are they dated?

Edited by MrSmokestack

17 minutes ago, mikethepokemaster said:

Gordin.

Well you can give it to her then.

If it was from Klein I'd say use him instead but since it's Gordin it doesn't matter

6 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Well you can give it to her then.

If it was from Klein I'd say use him instead but since it's Gordin it doesn't matter

Statswise Gordin is technically better than Klein though. Not that it really matters unless you are doing some extreme minmaxing, which is "siris bisnis"

31 minutes ago, SageOfAnys said:

Before Boon/Bane combinations are considered, Jeorge's Atk cap is as high as Takumi's and is almost as fast as Takumi (Spd difference of 1). Jeorge also gets a strong unique weapon, Parthia, which has Warding Blow 2 built in whereas Takumi gets Fujin Yumi, which has Pass 2 built in.

Takumi rules in the vanilla metagame (no inheritance) due to Fujin Yumi being strong and his having Close Counter and Threaten Spd 3. He also takes advantage of his mediocre defensive caps to deal a lot of damage using Vengeance.

Setsuna is considered the best archer overall in the inheritance metagame mainly because of her high Spd cap (37 before Boon/Bane is considered) - she can still be very fast while equipped with the Brave Bow. Give her skills that directly give her increased damage per round to make her a devastating unit during Player Phase.

In case nobody posted about this:

April mobile wallpaper for the runner-ups in the Heroes poll!

Edited by Roflolxp54

So, I restarted the game as I said, and on my second attempt I had a... peculiar reroll.

+Atk -Res Klein (5*)

+Spd -Res Jaffar

One after the other...

I am so gonna keep this account. And pray for bunny Lucina to come home.

My party for normal story mode is: Klein, Jaffar, Serra 3*, Anna 2*

Its been really fun!

Just now, Maymeimai said:

So, I restarted the game as I said, and on my second attempt I had a... peculiar reroll.

+Atk -Res Klein (5*)

+Spd -Res Jaffar

One after the other...

Its been really fun!

I messed around with rerolling on an emulator for a while but I always had silly luck with my pulls every time I tried.

I remember the very first pull I did on my first attempt--a Minerva. With -Atk. /cry

And then I tried a couple more times and got Olwen and Klein back to back on separate rerolls. Why can't I have this kind of luck on my main haha

Okay, thanks for the responses, I was just curious as to the relatively higher placings of Jeorge among other archers in almost every tierlist I've seen so far, even post-inheritance.

I've been using Klein for a while now, but his -ATK bane is really starting to affect the arena, and I was wondering if replacing him with someone else like Jeorge temporarily until I get a better IV set or permanently. I guess I might try raising that spare Setsuna instead though, as it sounds like she could take Klein's/Gordin's niche and amplify it to 11 by actually being able to double. Then again I'm also lazy and not into uber-competitive/min-maxing stuff, so we'll see!

7 minutes ago, Maymeimai said:

+Atk -Res Klein (5*)

+Spd -Res Jaffar

One after the other...

Its been really fun!

+att Klein is very good.

the brave bow lets him snipe pretty much everything but hectors and nowis, but there definitely are things he needs to watch out for. Olsen and Reinhardt will shred him as they do all archers, for example.

@Arcanite @Roflolxp54

To be honest, it's probably a little early to classify Setsuna as high tier. Arena is still based on BST right now, so running her is still going to gimp you for the moment (especially considering L&D doesn't give BST, unlike Fury, Atk/Def + 2, +Hp, etc.)

April update may or may not fix this issue (weapons won't count, so running Brave Bow won't gimp you, but it's possible that base stats still will. i.e. Armors etc. might still be mandatory if you want tip-top arena scores).

Yeah, she has nice coverage (85/110 neutral units are one rounded with Luna, L&D, Spd boon, and Brave Bow+) but most offensive units with L&D will have good coverage. (Lucina with L&D, Moonbow, and a +Atk or +Spd nature, for example, will 1 round 93 out of 110 characters at base. If we gave everyone Fury 3, this number drops to 86/110.)

And, unfortunately for Quad-suna, Fury 3 completely wrecks her shit. Her 'excellent' 85/110 coverage turns into 59/110 the moment people start running Fury 3. This is about the same coverage as Selena with Wo Dao+, just for reference, and Selena has actual bulk. (In fact, let's compare Setuna to Klein: +Atk Klein WITHOUT inheritance covers 54/110 units with Fury 3 (the units have Fury 3, not Klein), not sure it's worth dumping so much 5* crap onto Setsuna just for 5 more units covered. You need at least 2 just to get Setsuna working. One 5* for L&D, and another 5* for Brave Bow+)

I'd rate her around (S)Camilla, to be honest. (S)Camilla has better mobility, being a flier, similar damage with _Blade tome & flier buffs, as well as, again, actual bulk in return for being more specialized.

Edited by DehNutCase

Just now, dragonlordsd said:

+att Klein is very good.

the brave bow lets him snipe pretty much everything but hectors and nowis, but there definitely are things he needs to watch out for. Olsen and Reinhardt will shred him as they do all archers, for example.

Yes, I need to be careful

Funny thing is that in my old account I didnt have any archers or Dagger-users, so I am grateful, I didnt need to reroll forever and ever for a good result

1 minute ago, Maymeimai said:

Yes, I need to be careful

Funny thing is that in my old account I didnt have any archers or Dagger-users, so I am grateful, I didnt need to reroll forever and ever for a good result

Yeah. After Takumi, Klein is the best archer you can have right now, so that was a really lucky pull.