• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

And I'm saying I disagree. Can we end this please?

No, I've only seen it on the enemy. I've actually yet to pull a unit that gets that skill.

You asked for proof though; did you watch my 15 second video clip showing how Rehabilitate functions?

1 minute ago, Koala911 said:

Hey is it bad that my app doesn't show the new path of radiance maps.

Did you finish Chapter 9?

Just now, komasa said:

Don't forget Wrys, another free unit with it

Another two thousand.

11 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Proof/source, please? Because I have literally never seen this happen with this skill in all my time of playing.

You have a bad habit of "assuming I'm right until proven wrong" in a game you yourself said you know less about than most people here.

Skill that was charged was +4 attack to all allies. Does not affect heal value.

Rebirth/Rehabilitate full heal at 7 hp or less.

Ike's heal depends on half of enemy's current hp.

Edited by shadowofchaos

1 minute ago, Elieson said:

You asked for proof though; did you watch my 15 second video clip showing how Rehabilitate functions?

Oh, sorry, people posted so fast that I missed it. I admit my mistake there then.

But just because I'm not an expert like Ice Dragon doesn't mean I don't know SOME things. I'm directing this at everyone here, not just one person.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Oh, sorry, people posted so fast that I missed it. I admit my mistake there then.

But just because I'm not an expert like Ice Dragon doesn't mean I don't know SOME things. I'm directing this at everyone here, not just one person.

I don't think I ever accused you of not knowing anything you didn't outright say you didn't know (like the fact that Rehabilitate could heal to full if the injured unit's HP was low enough or letting you know Quick Riposte is a B-skill not an A-skill) .__.

If I did do anything like that, then I apologize. 

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

You ask for proof when you provide incomplete proof for your own point.

You demand proof to the contrary when you state something, yet never think (or at least act) like the possibility exists that you cannot evaluate units as well as you think.

You could use a little lesson from FE9 Ike and think like he did when the mercs was without his father: Assuming you don't know anything yourself and learn from other's experiences.

Edited by shadowofchaos

3 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I don't think I ever accused you of not knowing anything you didn't outright say you didn't know (like the fact that Rehabilitate could heal to full if the injured unit's HP was low enough or letting you know Quick Riposte is a B-skill not an A-skill) .__.

If I did do anything like that, then I apologize. 

Don't worry, I didn't mean to imply that you ever did. I was just making a generalization.

And yeah, it's just hard to remember which skills are A, B, and C. There are so many for all three.

Edited by Anacybele

Ergh, what to do when Xander comes along after his GHB... don't want to take Olivia off the team since the team will just feel naked without a dancer, but at the same time I'd rather not run two red swords on the same team either ._.

Just now, komasa said:

Ergh, what to do when Xander comes along after his GHB... don't want to take Olivia off the team since the team will just feel naked without a dancer, but at the same time I'd rather not run two red swords on the same team either ._.

Why are you using Olivia to attack?

Xander is pretty great, give him a positioning skill like Draw Back to make him more of a team player, along with innate Distant Counter on Siegfried and his bulk.

In general, mastering positioning skills like Reposition is a great way to improve your Arena skills. I wouldn't have been able to move on from Ninian after her rotation without them.

2 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Xander is pretty great, give him a positioning skill like Draw Back to make him more of a team player, along with innate Distant Counter on Siegfried and his bulk.

In general, mastering positioning skills like Reposition is a great way to improve your Arena skills. I wouldn't have been able to move on from Ninian after her rotation without them.

I don't think mastering Repos is too hard for how strong it is

Mastering Wings of Mercy and Escape Route on the other hand....

4 minutes ago, JSND said:

Mastering Wings of Mercy and Escape Route on the other hand....

Didn't say it was hard, but it requires more thought and planning on some maps more than others.

Wish I had more Cain for Wings of Mercy fodder, I keep hearing good things about it but I'm hesitant to swap out my B's considering the slot has stuff like Weaponbreakers / QR / Desperation / Vantage that are equally useful.

Red Bull gives you wings

Edited by MrSmokestack

Just now, MrSmokestack said:

2 minutes ago, JSND said:

Well of course Olivia's mostly for Dancing, but she's pretty good at slowly poking enemy axes to death with Triangle Adept. It works out surprisingly well, even against Hectors. 

I use Repositioning skills with the dancing atm. Generally I just really like having the flexibility a lot, especially on a small space like the mobile screen. 

And yup, I wouldn't accept Xander if he was anything less than great (if he's terrible I'll be the first to call him an imposter) x'D

Just now, komasa said:

Well of course Olivia's mostly for Dancing, but she's pretty good at slowly poking enemy axes to death with Triangle Adept. It works out surprisingly well, even against Hectors. 

I use Repositioning skills with the dancing atm. Generally I just really like having the flexibility a lot, especially on a small space like the mobile screen. 

And yup, I wouldn't accept Xander if he was anything less than great (if he's terrible I'll be the first to call him an imposter) x'D

If my experience with calcs says anything Xander is actually OP as shit

You just need QR and run Gunter, Eliwood, and Jagen beside him or something

He's not in the level of Camus though. Camus made you wonder if IS even bother balancing him

22 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Don't worry, I didn't mean to imply that you ever did. I was just making a generalization.

And yeah, it's just hard to remember which skills are A, B, and C. There are so many for all three.

On the one hand yeah there are, on the other hand there is an intertal order and patterns to be found and quite a lot of skills can be thought of as a group. (BlankBreaker X is a B skill, boom that takes up 24 skills or 8 with taking out various levels) 

38 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

There's an easy way to remember them for me.

A-skills directly influence damage calculations (all stat-changing skills, shields, Triangle Adept, etc) and include the two Counter skills (Close/Distant). 

B-skills are everything else that affects the unit with the skill equipped. Another way to think of it is everything that manipulates combat order/doubling (breaker skills, Quick Riposte, Desperation, Wary Fighter, etc) or mobility (Wings of Mercy, Hit and Run, etc)

C-skills are all the skills that affect other units besides the user (so all auras that buff allies, all skills that debuff enemies, Breath of Life because it heals nearby allies and Savage Blow because it damages nearby enemies). 

Another distinction between B and C is that B-skills are the ones that directly harm opponents (Poison Strike and Seals) while C-skills are the ones that passively harm opponents (Threaten skills and Savage Blow).

There are a handful of exceptions, of course (such as Heavy Blade and Guard), but for the most part this is how I remember things. 

EDIT: If anyone else has a clearer/more concise way to say these, feel free to share.

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

11 minutes ago, goodperson707 said:

On the one hand yeah there are, on the other hand there is an intertal order and patterns to be found and quite a lot of skills can be thought of as a group. (BlankBreaker X is a B skill, boom that takes up 24 skills or 8 with taking out various levels) 

You can go even further than that.

A Skills increase stats, either permanently or under certain conditions.

B Skills affect the combat order, either enabling / preventing doubles or even affecting CD (Guard), who attacks first (Vantage), and the possibility of counters (Windsweep / Watersweep).

C Skills offer supportive buffs for the team or debuffs to the enemy team. They can also manipulate the HP of allies or enemies.

@Anacybele

EDIT: Ouch, got ninja'd for real this time.

Edited by MrSmokestack

5 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

A-skills directly influence damage calculations (all stat-changing skills, shields, Triangle Adept, etc) and include the two Counter skills (Close/Distant). 

B-skills are everything else that affects the unit with the skill equipped. Another way to think of it is everything that manipulates combat order/doubling (breaker skills, Quick Riposte, Desperation, Wary Fighter, etc) or mobility (Wings of Mercy, Hit and Run, etc)

C-skills are all the skills that affect other units besides the user (so all auras that buff allies, all skills that debuff enemies, Breath of Life because it heals nearby allies and Savage Blow because it damages nearby enemies). 

Another distinction between B and C is that B-skills are the ones that directly harm opponents (Poison Strike and Seals) while C-skills are the ones that passively harm opponents (Threaten skills and Savage Blow).

There are a handful of exceptions, of course (such as Heavy Blade and Guard), but for the most part this is how I remember things. 

EDIT: If anyone else has a clearer/more concise way to say these, feel free to share.

5 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

B Skills affect the combat order, either enabling / preventing doubles or even affecting CD (Guard), who attacks first (Vantage), and the possibility of counters (Windsweep / Watersweep).

C Skills offer supportive buffs for the team or debuffs to the enemy team. They can also manipulate the HP of allies or enemies.

@Anacybele

No matter, thanks to both of you. That's good info!

5 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

@Anacybele

That was the internal order and patterns I was trying to refer too. Just didn't want to phrase it badly and I figured it might be good to figure out on one's own regardless. 

19 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

19 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

@Anacybele

Is It just me, or do Close/Distant Counter feel like they'd fit into the B Skill category better?  They don't really affect stats at all and are more of the "counter modification" type of skill.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Is It just me, or do Close/Distant Counter feel like they'd fit into the B Skill category better?  They don't really affect stats at all and are more of the "counter modification" type of skill.

I think the Counters could have fit anywhere in A or B, so they put it in A to allow players to combine it with breakers/QR. 

7 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I think the Counters could have fit anywhere in A or B, so they put it in A to allow players to combine it with breakers/QR. 

How are they similar to other As, though?  All the other As increase stats or the battle calculation numbers.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

How are they similar to other As, though?  All the other As increase stats or the battle calculation numbers.

Maybe white-bordered skills follow a different slot assignment compared to bronze / silver / gold passive skills.

Drag Back / Lunge / Knock Back / Hit and Run are all B skills, while "weapon effectiveness negation" skills are in A, as well as "incorrect range counter" skills. Meanwhile, the unique Hone / Fortify / Goad / Ward skills are all C.