Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

12 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Glad to see you have accepted best husbando Xander

Imagine if Hector was available as a 3*-4*, like Eliwood. Would people be as eager to get him bumped?

Depending on how you would program DC

But yeah Hector could have a ridiculous quality jump that makes 4* Eliwood look like a god

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 hours ago, Clogon said:

Sorry I didn't see your edit. The "physical value" only exists because of secondary markets. Many online video games nowadays prevent trading to eliminate secondary markets so that only the game developper can profit. It also eliminate trading scams, thefts and headaches (lots and lots of headaches, see the Diablo 3 Auction House problems for example). It is possible to prevent secondary markets of physical goods. But the cost to carry out and sustain such an action is too high to deem it worth pursuing.

There are plenty of "Gacha" that are tradeable. For example Dota/Overwatch have many skins and cosmetics that come from random chests with higher monetary value than what the creators initially released them at. They just aren't pure Gacha games but the value for the rare virtual items on the secondary markets are through the roof. Such a value pretty much ignore the comparison between virtual and physical.

Assuming only 1 deck of cards is used sure. You are playing with a very limited 52 card pool where possible outcomes are eliminated as they show up. The 2 games are very different. Only if you return the card to the pool before drawing a new one would these games become even remotely comparable.

You can't have a secondary market for Overwatch unless it's a full account. Because there is no trading feature for skins there.

I have a slight feeling you're making an assumption that those laws are considering things like MMORPG player economies.

Edited by shadowofchaos

5 hours ago, shadowofchaos said:

You can't have a secondary market for Overwatch unless it's a full account. Because there is no trading feature for skins there.

I have a slight feeling you're making an assumption that those laws are considering things like MMORPG player economies.

Thank you for correcting me on Overwatch.

I don't quite understand what you mean by player economies. I do know that one of the first Gacha reward systems was introduced by a game called Ragnarok Online from Gravity (a subsidiary of GungHo which popularized Gacha on mobile with their Puzzle and Dragons game). Back in 2007'ish, jRO (the japanese servers of Ragnarok Online that was run directly by GungHo) started releasing lucky boxes. They always gave the player something with a chance of a higher reward in exchange for real money. Heimdallr, game producer for iRO (the international servers for Ragnarok Online), admitted back in 2011 how this allowed them to bypass gambling laws not only in japan but on the internationnal scale. Sadly, I do not remember if it was recoded on the live stream Q&A or not.

This is where I got my view on the differences between Gacha and gambling. Though it wasn't called Gacha back then. XD

Edit2:

Looking back, I am surprised inflation has not hit the Gacha system. Even back then, these lucky boxes costed $3-$5.

Edited by Clogon

So I'm making a spreadsheet to look for good units to send home for feathers due to 'frankly terrible skills' (think Est or Beruka), and I noticed something in my colour-coding... all the exclusive 5* have an exclusive skill or an uninheritable one. Some even have three (looking at you, Hector). Hinoka is the only one for whom the only such skill is a passive, and not a weapon (though both dancers have the Dance/Sing skill instead).

Good luck collecting!

Spoiler

The single-skill chains and Xander's lack of a minor skill are annoying me, too.

EDIT: Discounting Elise. Forgot that I had the healers separate.

Edited by phineas81707

Man the new arena map (or at least I sure haven't seen it before) with both sides staring on the left and right with nothing but 2 space forts and 2 space breakable walls mixed all down the middle makes me want to punch somebody. I didn't think we'd get a map that felt more brutal than the old one with both sides starting behind breakable walls, but here it is.

Just now, Alkaid said:

Man the new arena map (or at least I sure haven't seen it before) with both sides staring on the left and right with nothing but 2 space forts and 2 space breakable walls mixed all down the middle makes me want to punch somebody. I didn't think we'd get a map that felt more brutal than the old one with both sides starting behind breakable walls, but here it is.

I had to fight Horse Emblem on that map, but I somehow lived through it. Reinhardt not dying to Julia was annoying though.

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I had to fight Horse Emblem on that map, but I somehow lived through it. Reinhardt not dying to Julia was annoying though.

I had my first loss in weeks and it was only my second battle of the day. They had an Azura with Tharja (a mirror of mine), Hector and Eirika. Would have been no problem if not for Azura. I had no way to deal with Tharja getting danced on that layout, since nobody on my team can tank her with buffs and I couldn't just stay out of range and then attack her after she'd moved next turn because there were too many walls in the way to position for it that quickly.

I hope I don't run into that one too often..

6 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Unpopular opinion: fort tiles were a mistake.

Eh, I run a team where everyone dies to everything even if they all stood on fort tiles, and I don't mind them.

It's the destructible scenery I dislike, since it makes AI prediction so much harder.

16 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

The first set of fort tile maps were fine. This set is awful though. Even the one map in rotation without any fort tiles isn't that great either. I don't want to ever face a horse emblem team on that boat map.

Edited by Korath88

11 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

The first set of fort tile maps were fine. This set is awful though. Even the one map in rotation without any fort tiles isn't that great either. I don't want to ever face a horse emblem team on that boat map.

That was my first match, actually---boat map vs. Horse Team. Really felt the lack of people who can tank a single round there. Still pretty doable, though---I had to tank a death, but deathless would've been possible if I had been better at AI prediction. (A Vantage Blade-tome user with high magical bulk could probably just counter-kill sweep on that map, since the boxes prevent the melees for the one round it matters. Pity I don't have Eirika or Ephraim---although I guess I could just run a Horse mage pair with Hone, the Res seal, and rally defense.)

Edited by DehNutCase

3 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

What if Sharena is Celica?

y9aB2ESx1Qk.jpg

No, I really am. I will never have Celica otherwise because thank you, my luck pulling for her.

Edited by Vaximillian

3 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

What do you have trouble with?

Cause for me everything is as easy as send Nino in and win :D: 

So I have a dilemma.

I have 20k feathers again, and for the first time since my first 20k, I can upgrade someone I really want. (First 20k went to Navarre, the next 60k went to the starter trio.)

I'm thinking of one of these three:

+Atk/-Def Cordelia: One of the two natural Galeforce users, having a tier 3 skill is not useful for Arena points, but it's strong as well, and with Str 3 and a Str seal, she can hit 50 attack with a brave weapon, which is absurd. Alternatively, if I gave her my -Atk Ike and benched Lukas, she could have a 4-turn cooldown Galeforce, that procs in one round thanks to the good ol' Killer Lance + Heavy Blade combo. And she still has 50 attack, so she can easily out-strength a majority of the cast.

Xander: Because I have yet to get a 5* horse and Distant Counter is cool.

+Atk/-Res Nino: Because I have both Ephraim and Eirika, but still no good -blade tome user. I was waiting for a +Spd Nino, but after like 8 Ninos and no +Spd ones, I'm starting to get a bit impatient.

Alternatively, I can wait for the inevitable Camus GHB and 5* him instead. Since he's cooler than Xander. And a blue Distant Counter is probably stronger than a red Distant Counter.

Decisions, decisions.

10 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

I suggest that instead. Also you are 150% right about him being cooler than Xander

^ @Fruity Insanity This is personal bias do not listen to this^ Xander is 70 times better

17 minutes ago, Fruity Insanity said:

+Atk/-Res Nino: Because I have both Ephraim and Eirika, but still no good -blade tome user. I was waiting for a +Spd Nino, but after like 8 Ninos and no +Spd ones, I'm starting to get a bit impatient

THIS IS THE ONE RIGHT HERE

Once you get a Nino, your life will never be the same!