Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Lol "Probably fun"

More like definitely fun. The best part is getting into desperation range and killing Ikes XD

Which is my point. Who even cares about colors and counters when everything just dies?

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Which is my point. Who even cares about colors and counters when everything just dies?

Which is my point!

Everything just dies! It's the greatest thing to see! Especially with dancer support! 

Also, you don't always win with just Nino. Sometimes you need help getting into desperation range. But it's still fun killing the 3/4 units with Nino + Azura and then having (unit) kill the last person :D:

Just now, Arcanite said:

Which is my point!

Everything just dies! It's the greatest thing to see! Especially with dancer support! 

Also, you don't always win with just Nino. Sometimes you need help getting into desperation range. But it's still fun killing the 3/4 units with Nino + Azura and then having (unit) kill the last person :D:

I mean, you just Ardent Sacrifice/Reciprocal Aid, and then Desperation activates. Not much help needed.

30 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

You have one of Nino's best rolls and you're not using her?

Can you give her to someone else please? XD You do realize that Nino with buffs literally kills everything in the game. Nino is basically Ragnarok

She does your taxes

She pays your bills

She cures world hunger

All of that stuff.

There is no "I play very defensively" in this game

This game is "Find the most busted thing and use it".

Right now, your Julia is okay. But Nino is basically better Julia dude. Especially with her desperation set. Give your Azura Hone attack (though you probably already did that), swap out Julia for Fury/Life and Death 3 Nino and you basically have the same thing except its 20 times better.

I just don't like her. I have her at +1 4* lv26 right now, but I'm not gonna build her until I finish with everyone else. I didn't like her in blazing sword and I don't like her here. Really Julia is the only unit I like in the game so far, and I have her totally decked out so I don't want to stop using her. If I ever get to a point where Julia can't win me almost everything I'll consider switching. I don't have my Azura with hone attack, yet. I gave it to her but she has no sp right now so she still has fortify res equipped. Which actually helps cuz my Julia takes barely any damage at all from mages after a res buff. 

Edit: I really do play defensively. It works fine for me, the only reason I don't go deathless is cause I get overconfident and don't look at everything. 

Edit 2: Re-checked what I've already given her and she can learn LaD 2 and Desperation 3, I haven't messed with the rest yet. Maybe I'll build her after Eirika and Hector. But I also wanted to do Donnel to give Effie brace lance+. Choices choices. 

Edited by immatx

16 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I mean, you just Ardent Sacrifice/Reciprocal Aid, and then Desperation activates. Not much help needed.

My Nino is fury lol. She needs 2 fury hits to get into desperation range so it's more challenging for me. Even so, it looks like you're pretty decided about the way you stand about this so eh

I'll just keep killing everyone in the meanwhile

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

My Nino is fury lol. She needs 2 fury hits to get into desperation range so it's more challenging for me. Even so, it looks like you're pretty decided about the way you stand about this so eh

I'll just keep killing everyone in the meanwhile

No, I mean you just have some random unit take a hit, then have Nino Reciprocal Aid or Ardent Sacrifice, then all the killing begins. It doesn't matter if you have Fury or not, since Nino just needs to lose 10 HP via those two Assists to have Desperation activate.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

42 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I know it's probably fun, but it's also mindless. Same thing goes for Reinhardt, really; I still use him for easy Arena wins though. I'm not above abusing broken tomes, but man it's just not cool.

Well, there is strategy to it. Where to position my units to get all the buffs and general other strategies. Problem is that it becomes the same thing over and over because it just destroys everything. That and cookie cutter builds.

Kind of why although Brave weapons really well on units like Cherche and Setsuna, I kind of don't want to do them just because. It's fun having Cain charge in hacking stuff to pieces, but at a certain point if a ton of other units do it, it's kind of boring. For Frederick, at least there isn't a default Brave Axe cavalier, so it's fine, but still. I'm not even sure a Silver Axe on Cherche even works well and Setsuna doesn't do anything well outside of Brave Bow and Firesweep Bow because all her stats were dumped into speed and nothing else. Thieves don't really have an option when Kagero outclasses the others so much. 6 point lead in attack leaves Gaius as the second-best thief in damage output potential, but probably the worst at everything else which at that point, Felicia, Matthew, and Saizo become much more useful being utility tanks, Jakob as a utility unit, and then there's Jaffar with his Poison Strike shenanigans. I could totally see Matthew and Saizo running that Felicia build posted a while back, but of course, for physical ranged units.

@JSND, Olwen's also rare as hell. Why Reinhardt as a 4* summonable unit? It would make more sense for the unit you could actually recruit to be a 4* summonable unit like you recruited her in her home game and now you're leveling and training her compared to getting a boss unit of all things. Yes, yes, GHB units and getting boss units and boss and NPC units being playable in other games, but still.

I mean as a unit in general, Cain just seems to be not mentioned a lot. Might just be the whole there are so many reds thing and similar units in or outside of specific teams can do similar things as him. That or it's because he's not Camus, Eldigan, Eliwood, Xander, etc. He's just a dude in your army compared to being a main character and correct me if I'm wrong, but Shadow Dragon including its remake didn't have supports or had really expansive supports, right? Also, you could keep Escutcheon on Cain since it synergies so well with Brave weapons.

Edited by Kaden

3 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I just realized that both Abel and Cain both have the same purpose

Fodder (Swordbreaker 3 and Wings of Mercy 3)

Yep, and I have yet to pull either. I really need that sword breaker 3 for Eliwood -_-

1 minute ago, immatx said:

Yep, and I have yet to pull either. I really need that sword breaker 3 for Eliwood -_-

And they're both B skills too. They truly are a pair.

Oh, Stahl and Sully both give great Assists (Swap and Draw Back) too.

I wonder what fodder skills Sain and Kent will bring...

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

And they're both B skills too. They truly are a pair.

Oh, Stahl and Sully both give great Assists (Swap and Draw Back) too.

I wonder what fodder skills Sain and Kent will bring...

I hope they'll have new custom ones, they're the best Christmas knights imo (no I'm totally not biased what r u talking about). I bet sain has death blow or something similar, while Kent will have a reverse armored blow (+6 def while defending). He isn't known for it but I think it fits his personality well. 

10 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I just realized that both Abel and Cain both have the same purpose

Fodder (Swordbreaker 3 and Wings of Mercy 3)

Cain also can give Brave Sword and Escutcheon. Or Brave Sword+ and Escutcheon if you have someone else to give a Brave Sword. *cough*Draug*cough*

I swear if Sain has Gentilhomme. It would make sense with him being a womanizer. All the (single) ladies get protected! And the urge to cringe as they're reminded they're on a battlefield filled with death and violence. :p

Edited by Kaden

@Kaden Cain does have that pre Chapter 1 story in Shadow Dragon

He gained support in FE12. Funny enough he had support with Palla or Catria i forgot. The sad thing is he dont have convo with Abel, only Kris

Also yeah even in Shadow Dragon they are kinda overshadowed by Hardin

1 minute ago, JSND said:

@Kaden Cain does have that pre Chapter 1 story in Shadow Dragon

He gained support in FE12. Funny enough he had support with Palla or Catria i forgot. The sad thing is he dont have convo with Abel, only Kris

Also yeah even in Shadow Dragon they are kinda overshadowed by Hardin

Oh, okay -- can't stop being reminded of how Lilina says that in the squeakiest of voices...

I need to pick up a copy of Shadow Dragon one day. I just looked up Hardin. How on Archanea did he go from looking like he came out of Aladdin or a story from One Thousand and One Nights in the original New Mystery to looking like a lion of a man in the remake?

2 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Oh, okay -- can't stop being reminded of how Lilina says that in the squeakiest of voices...

I need to pick up a copy of Shadow Dragon one day. I just looked up Hardin. How on Archanea did he go from looking like he came out of Aladdin or a story from One Thousand and One Nights in the original New Mystery to looking like a lion of a man in the remake?

Its the biggest spoiler in mystery lol so not saying

Basically if you are familiar with Takumi, Lyon, Zephiel, Alvis, and Nergal what happened to them isnt much different from what happened to Hardin

The costume change is drastic though since he went from using turban and white clothing into a glamorous red armor 

3 minutes ago, JSND said:

The costume change is drastic though since he went from using turban and white clothing into a glamorous red armor 

Gaining like ten feet of height in the process. Awesome.

Well it's probably not the best build for him but here we are! I am having a great time here.

untitled_by_darklordivy-dba17xp.png

Breath of Life will be replaced at some point but this has been more than enough SP grinding for now :I

There are two things I’ve been thinking about for a while.

1) What if the datamined so-called Kozaki quests rewarded +1 tokens for story characters? Anything that takes me even a tiny bit closer to 5⋆ 40+10 Sharena is welcome.

2) What if they reintroduced the weapon challenge quests? I thought those really nice to break up the monotony of prismatic teams.

3) In addition to the preceding, Ayra, Lucia, Marisa, and Athena when? This game needs some cool sword ladies apart from Lyn and Lucina.

28 minutes ago, JSND said:

Ok seriously thats the worst part of it

Apparently changing clothes and swiping you hair backwards gives you height

Y'know, what they say: clothes make the man. So, if you wanna look big, ya gotta dress big. For example, Amelia is totally piloting a magical robot suit when she's a knight. :p

9 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

3) In addition to the preceding, Ayra, Lucia, Marisa, and Athena when? This game needs some cool sword ladies apart from Lyn and Lucina.

Elincia, Isadora, and Tanith too. We need more than 2 sword flyers and having the red cavalry not be a sausage fest would be welcome. Seriously, even before Titania was in, red cavalry was and still continues to be nothing but dudes. Not a single dudette was in sight. At least greens had Cecilia and blues had Peri, Sully, and Ursula. Also, a mounted healer dude too. Ashnard possibly being a future GHB or some other dude works for sword wyvern, so that too.

Edited by Kaden

6 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

2) What if they reintroduced the weapon challenge quests? I thought those really nice to break up the monotony of prismatic teams.

Refresh my memory: what were these quests?

3 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Y'know, what they say: clothes make the man. So, if you wanna look big, ya gotta dress big. For example, Amelia is totally piloting a magical robot suit when she's a knight. :p

Elincia, Isadora, and Tanith too. We need more than 2 sword flyers and having the red cavalry not be a sausage fest would be welcome. Seriously, even before Titania was in, red cavalry was and still continues to be nothing but dudes. Not a single dudette was in sight. At least greens had Cecilia and blues had Peri, Sully, and Ursula. Also, a mounted healer dude too. Ashnard possibly being a future GHB or some other dude works for sword wyvern, so that too.

Titania uses axes.

4 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Elincia, Isadora, and Tanith too. We need more than 2 sword flyers and having the red cavalry not be a sausage fest would be welcome. Seriously, even before Titania was in, red cavalry was and still continues to be nothing but dudes. Not a single dudette was in sight. At least greens had Cecilia and blues had Peri, Sully, and Ursula. Also a mounted healer dude too.

Large and in Charge

Right. I’m about to return to Ostia on my current FE7 playthrough, and I’m going to run Isadora. Paladin ladies are always a big plus in my book.
Titania is green though.

4 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Refresh my memory: what were these quests?

You had to do some strata and story missions with teams of four swords, four axes, and four lances for some reward.

Edited by Vaximillian