• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Just now, immatx said:

@Arcanite @JSND how do y'all do it without baiting? I always tank a hit first, so it just makes sense to do it that way for me. 

So far it have only happened on Navvare  where you need to tank per se but you use basically broken skill Reposition 

2 minutes ago, JSND said:

You dont need to tank when Nino can destroy everything

@Troykv the problem isnt res lol

The problem is his lack of DC to really use it and Leo outclass Eliwood for the niche of Green Mage distraction on Horse Emblem

But then again what Red ISNT outclassed by full power Leo? 

Full power Leo? You mean... Full Cavalry Buffs, TA and Bladetome?

I actually don't mind natto.

It's kind of weird. There really aren't that many units in the game with high RES. I've been having so much trouble with mages lately, I was thinking about building a team with relatively high RES, and there just aren't that many units out there. Eliwood, Hawkeye, Felicia, Peri, and Ursula are the ones I remember most....

Edited by Rafiel's Aria

1 minute ago, JSND said:

So far it have only happened on Navvare  where you need to tank per se but you use basically broken skill Reposition 

How'd u do any of them without tanking? I've done every single ghb that way.....

6 minutes ago, L9999 said:

If Palla dies in Gaiden it is revealed she likes Abel. Abel married Est at the ending of FE1, which was before Gaiden. In SoV Est teases Palla if she likes someone. In FE3 Est and Abel divorce. IS is messed up.

I killed her and Catria in FE1 for exp.  

More like Kaga is messed up. You can count the number of happy people in his games on your fingers.

Also u monstur

4 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Well your name is in a different language in heroes so if you want to unfriend me you can, otherwise I'll have to delete all my friends with a name I don't understand

Also, I have to say I don't really care for the vast majority of characters in this game. All I see is Nino Lyn Oboro Karel Celica and some other people. Everyone else may as well be randomly generated pixels on the screen to me XD

I like the stats before I give a rat's behind about character

It's okay, we've already established that you're heartless about a week ago.

3 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

BUT NATTO ISN'T YUCKY

Nice joke

1 minute ago, immatx said:

@Arcanite @JSND how do y'all do it without baiting? I always tank a hit first, so it just makes sense to do it that way for me. 

You don't actually need to bait mages if you don't want to, since you can just get the AI to walk in a straight line directly towards you.

5 minutes ago, immatx said:

Easy

>Tap and drag Nino onto an enemy

Win

It actually doesn't get more simple than that. For Lloyd, I let Robin get in range of the bow user, then Nino killed the flying cav with a dance. After that i don't remember exactly what happened besides "Everyone died"

For Xander, Nino needed +10 to OHKO the lance (Hone attack buff and fort res 2) which was Azura and Olivia exactly. Robin killed the sword on the right. After that some dancing and draw back shenanigans made it EZ bangerz

2 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Not everyone is privileged enough to get nino 

I still don't have her!

A N I M A L S A C R I F I C E S

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

It's okay, we've already established that you're heartless about a week ago.

Who said robots had hearts anyway?

Edited by Arcanite

6 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

You don't actually need to bait mages if you don't want to, since you can just get the AI to walk in a straight line directly towards you.

But u have to bait initially or the enemy won't move :/

6 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Easy

>Tap and drag Nino onto an enemy

Win

It actually doesn't get more simple than that. For Lloyd, I let Robin get in range of the bow user, then Nino killed the flying cav with a dance. After that i don't remember exactly what happened besides "Everyone died"

For Xander, Nino needed +10 to OHKO the lance (Hone attack buff and fort res 2) which was Azura and Olivia exactly. Robin killed the sword on the right. After that some dancing and draw back shenanigans made it EZ bangerz

Uhh ok. I just had Julia hit everything real hard against Lloyd, but for the others, especially Michalis, it was bait, tank, and ko on user turn. 

2 minutes ago, immatx said:

Uhh ok. I just had Julia hit everything real hard against Lloyd, but for the others, especially Michalis, it was bait, tank, and ko on user turn. 

Depends on how your team works and depends on the map as well. Since Male robin is defensive and he has T-adept, I can put him in front of blue lances in extreme cases, AND I can put him in front of anything red or colorless. Nino has 29 Res which isn't bad at all, and is really good for mage combat. Azura and Olivia are my "switch-ins"

18 minutes ago, Troykv said:

Full power Leo? You mean... Full Cavalry Buffs, TA and Bladetome?

Blade Leo with proper buff really

72 attack that hits res on 5 range coverage and 3 mov is extremely balanced

@immatx it depends on map really. Some map i used Cecilia to tank and now Xander would basically do it

Lloyd map is actually pretty hard to do with Yolo nuke since the placement isnt convenient enough to do it. 

Xander map is a semi Yolo nuke at best

And as arcanite mentioned a lot of nuker can tank a combat or two against Mages

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Depends on how your team works and depends on the map as well. Since Male robin is defensive and he has T-adept, I can put him in front of blue lances in extreme cases, AND I can put him in front of anything red or colorless. Nino has 29 Res which isn't bad at all, and is really good for mage combat. Azura and Olivia are my "switch-ins"

Yeah I don't think that would work for me :)

My main team is Julia, Azura, Effie, Ike, but really it's just Effie facetanking while Julia snipes from behind a wall. Ike and Azura just kinda hang out in case I get in trouble. 

I have a +spd -def Nino that I haven't really trained up because she's more of a offensive unit and i play very defensively, as u can probably tell from all that bait and tank talk. 

1 hour ago, JSND said:

Honestly its kinda baffling how badly/unorthodox distributed Eliwood stats are

He had the highest stats off any Cavalry in the game but in practice you wont really notice it. Most of them are slapped on Res, and he had 31/30 offensive spread before Durandal

Eliwood is like Camilla. Kind of this balanced unit with high resistance. If he didn't have high resistance, then the highest a physical cavalier would have is at least Cain's 21 if for some reason Eliwood's was lower like you swapped his defense and resistance stats giving him 32 defense and 23 resistance. It would have created a green cavalier situation since before Titania, none of the green cavaliers had passable resistance. Otherwise, as a whole, it would have been Leo's 30. Arguably, Camilla's stat spread is better than Eliwood since she has good overall defenses unlike Eliwood.

Still, it is a bit weird that Eliwood's resistance is that high. Sure, a promoted Eliwood has higher resistance growth than defense, but still. Eliwood's defenses should have been something like 27 defense and 28 resistance. Decent enough he can take hits from magic, especially with his default special skill and still good enough defense that he can deal with the physical units he generally engages.

Also, does Cain like not exist to people or something? Come on, man, 32 attack and 32 speed while starting out with Brave Sword and Escutcheon.

34 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I have one question:

Why in the world are you considering building up an Abel when Camus is literally standing right there?

Abel with Life & Death and Desperation. Neutral Abel would have 38 and 37 base attack and speed, 46 attack and 32 speed after Brave Lance+, +6 to both from Hone Cavalry, and +4 more from one Goad Cavalry. Stabbing time! :p

Alternatively, Peri could run the same build and Camus could use a Brave Lance, but it seems wasted when Gradivus has Distant Counter and some lance cavalier is going to be eventually added with a similar spread to Camus, Eldigan, Frederick, etc.

12 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Eliwood is like Camilla. Kind of this balanced unit with high resistance. If he didn't have high resistance, then the highest a physical cavalier would have is at least Cain's 21 if for some reason Eliwood's was lower like you swapped his defense and resistance stats giving him 32 defense and 23 resistance. It would have created a green cavalier situation since before Titania, none of the green cavaliers had passable resistance. Otherwise, as a whole, it would have been Leo's 30. Arguably, Camilla's stat spread is better than Eliwood since she has good overall defenses unlike Eliwood.

Still, it is a bit weird that Eliwood's resistance is that high. Sure, a promoted Eliwood has higher resistance growth than defense, but still. Eliwood's defenses should have been something like 27 defense and 28 resistance. Decent enough he can take hits from magic, especially with his default special skill and still good enough defense that he can deal with the physical units he generally engages.

Also, does Cain like not exist to people or something? Come on, man, 32 attack and 32 speed while starting out with Brave Sword and Escutcheon.

Abel with Life & Death and Desperation. Neutral Abel would have 38 and 37 base attack and speed, 46 attack and 32 speed after Brave Lance+, +6 to both from Hone Cavalry, and +4 more from one Goad Cavalry. Stabbing time! :p

Alternatively, Peri could run the same build and Camus could use a Brave Lance, but it seems wasted when Gradivus has Distant Counter and some lance cavalier is going to be eventually added with a similar spread to Camus, Eldigan, Frederick, etc.

The problem with every Brave Horse is overshadowed by Blade Horse. The fact that Horse Sword distant counter is this insane Xander unit who can casually reach 50 defense is another manner

Also ive mentioned how insane Cain are around here several times lol. 32/33 offensive specs is 34/35 when normalized with Horse Buff. Thats practically Hana/Lucina tier of offense

Abel situation is way worse though

Blue is the strongest color of Horse Emblem because of Ursula, Olwen, and Reinhardt and his stats isnt much different than Camus to begin with.

Heck because Blue Horses are SO GOOD i dont think Camus will be all that good

Edited by JSND

25 minutes ago, JSND said:

The problem with every Brave Horse is overshadowed by Blade Horse. The fact that Horse Sword distant counter is this insane Xander unit who can casually reach 50 defense is another manner

Also ive mentioned how insane Cain are around here several times lol. 32/33 offensive specs is 34/35 when normalized. Thats practically Hana/Lucina tier of offense

Abel situation is way worse

Blue is the strongest color of Horse Emblem because of Ursula, Olwen, and Reinhardt and his stats isnt much different than Camus to begin with.

Camus statsline is basically a cross between Barst and Cain

But what if you have a 3 -blade horses and 1 Brave horse? All-out offense! Defense? What's that? (Yes, I know, you can have 4 -blade horses, but still.) :p

Y'know, I'm starting to become annoyed at -blade tomes. It just does everything. -blade tome this, -blade tome there, -blade tome here... Meh... No offense or ill feelings if you like using them, I'm just concerned that -blade tomes basically destroy everything.

I don't check the general discussion here a lot, so I wouldn't see you mentioning stuff about Cain. It's just that I don't see Cain mentioned much compared to the other cavalry units. Cain's like in Olwen, Peri, and Stahl's group of we're here, we exist, we're kind of good. Cain has 32 attack and speed, Abel has 33 attack and 32 speed, and Peri has 33 attack and speed. Peri takes more investment, but if you never summoned an Abel and have a Brave Lance lying about, you could slap it onto her and watch her murder stuff. Peri having crappier defense doesn't really matter if she's just there to kill stuff.

For some reason, I thought Camus would have stats similar to the slower, bulkier cavaliers. I think I remembered his defense and speed wrong; Camus on 9-1 has 32 speed and 29 defense. Guess I just flipped it around as 29 speed and 32 defense.

Edited by Kaden

28 minutes ago, immatx said:

I have a +spd -def Nino that I haven't really trained up because she's more of a offensive unit and i play very defensively, as u can probably tell from all that bait and tank talk. 

You have one of Nino's best rolls and you're not using her?

Can you give her to someone else please? XD You do realize that Nino with buffs literally kills everything in the game. Nino is basically Ragnarok

She does your taxes

She pays your bills

She cures world hunger

All of that stuff.

There is no "I play very defensively" in this game

This game is "Find the most busted thing and use it".

Right now, your Julia is okay. But Nino is basically better Julia dude. Especially with her desperation set. Give your Azura Hone attack (though you probably already did that), swap out Julia for Fury/Life and Death 3 Nino and you basically have the same thing except its 20 times better.

I've always hated the -Blade tomes...

LOL

What's wrong with some more Nino in the world? Besides, Nino stinks on an AI team anyway so she's more player based XD

Odin though.....

Just now, Arcanite said:

LOL

What's wrong with some more Nino in the world? Besides, Nino stinks on an AI team anyway so she's more player based XD

Odin though.....

I know it's probably fun, but it's also mindless. Same thing goes for Reinhardt, really; I still use him for easy Arena wins though. I'm not above abusing broken tomes, but man it's just not cool.

10 minutes ago, Kaden said:

But what if you have a 3 -blade horses and 1 Brave horse? All-out offense! Defense? What's that? (Yes, I know, you can have 4 -blade horses, but still.) :p

Y'know, I'm starting to become annoyed at -blade tomes. It just does everything. -blade tome this, -blade tome there, -blade tome here... Meh... No offense or ill feelings if you like using them, I'm just concerned that -blade tomes basically destroy everything.

I don't check the general discussion here a lot, so I wouldn't see you mentioning stuff about Cain. It's just that I don't see Cain mentioned much compared to the other cavalry units. Cain's like in Olwen, Peri, and Stahl's group of we're here, we exist, we're kind of good. Cain has 32 attack and speed, Abel has 33 attack and 32 speed, and Peri has 33 attack and speed. Peri takes more investment, but if you never summoned an Abel and have a Brave Lance lying about, you could slap it onto her and watch her murder stuff. Peri having crappier defense doesn't really matter if she's just there to kill stuff.

For some reason, I thought Camus would have stats similar to the slower, bulkier cavaliers. I think I remembered his defense and speed wrong; Camus on 9-1 has 32 speed and 29 defense. Guess I just flipped it around as 32 defense and 29 defense.

Olwen would be Top 5 regardless of Blades actually

Damnit Thunder Olwen had 100+ match up with proper skills too. Shes on a different league to other units. Only reason shes not talked about is because shes not as straightforward as Reindhart and not as.... well hilariously improved as Ursula. 

Olwen can be considered arguably the best combat unit in the game 

Cain issue is more or less the fact that his niche absolutely need Horse Emblem, being one of 90.000 sword units without anything special about him. Heck even his maximization is nothing special. You... slap an offensive skill! Done. 

Compared to say Frederick. Frederick arguably have less offensive potential to Cain and Abel but the idea of his high atk can now be used with Brave and his humongous Physical stats make him more notable

Hes a fantastic unit but.... not much else. Considering that people only recently caught on on Hana....

@SatsumaFSoysoy Honestly i actually had more fun using Riposte build than Blade build but Riposte Build are much harder to make

Edited by JSND

I know it's probably fun, but it's also mindless.

Lol "Probably fun"

More like definitely fun. The best part is getting into desperation range and killing Ikes XD

I know it's probably fun, but it's also mindless.

Lol "Probably fun"

More like definitely fun. The best part is getting into desperation range and killing Ikes XD

Considering my massive Blade Emblem bill... I'm honestly going to be more proud of the setup than annoyed in the execution.

In my case, I'm seeing Blade Emblem as a pay-off to a lot of work- although that may be neither accurate nor universal. It's just my perspective, and that cleans my conscience a little.

Also, I'm still not done, though I draw closer and closer to it. Lilina and Linde have learned their +tomes, while Nino is basically a + and a level 3 skill away from being perfect at 4*. Lilina and Linde still need plenty of SP...