Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

26 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Goad Dragons: Ena/Gareth.

Hone Dragons: Nasir

Ward Dragons: Kurthnaga.

To be honest, Kurthnaga with Mist's C would've made more sense, since Night Tide is exactly spur res & def. If they completely keep the flavor, their C-slots would be classless.

Unrelated: I don't see dragons being too viable as a '4 of' team until they get a 2 range user---being able to ding people at 2 range matters.

Edit: Someone once said Karel is the person with the biggest difference between his 'canonical' strength, how the story treats him, and his in-game strength, his stats.

Kurth is supposedly so strong that Ike & Co. couldn't deal with him when he popped up to save Micaiah's ass, but his stats are so bad that base Ike has a shot at wrecking his shit. Nevermind the Ike that showed up to fight Micaiah.

Double Edit: Nailah would basically 1RKO Kurth while she passed by, too.

Edited by DehNutCase

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 minute ago, DehNutCase said:

To be honest, Kurthnaga with Mist's C would've made more sense, since Night Tide is exactly spur res & def. If they completely keep the flavor, their C-slots would be classless.

Unrelated: I don't see dragons being too viable as a '4 of' team until they get a 2 range user---being able to ding people at 2 range matters.

Same as why Cavalry is dominant, Fliers is exclusive and Armours dawdles behind? Yes, that is a problem.

And the tides were mostly as a joke for how long we're getting them. You can never make Blood Tide exactly identical anyway. Though speaking of flavour skills, do you think the dragon's Boon aura would fit into Heroes?

3 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Same as why Cavalry is dominant, Fliers is exclusive and Armours dawdles behind? Yes, that is a problem.

And the tides were mostly as a joke for how long we're getting them. You can never make Blood Tide exactly identical anyway. Though speaking of flavour skills, do you think the dragon's Boon aura would fit into Heroes?

The thing dragons need isn't actually more auras, but more dragons, to be honest. There's just not enough for them for a lot of stat variation, especially considering the lolita trio are all 'trainees' and thus have 'average' stats across the board, meaning their spreads are pretty damn similar. 4 effective stat spreads isn't a lot to choose from.

Some more breath weapon types would also be nice.

Goad and Ward Dragons would probably be fine as auras. At most, they'd be 'decent,' not something that propels dragons instantly to insane heights.

2 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

The thing dragons need isn't actually more auras, but more dragons, to be honest. There's just not enough for them for a lot of stat variation, especially considering the lolita trio are all 'trainees' and thus have 'average' stats across the board, meaning their spreads are pretty damn similar. 4 effective stat spreads isn't a lot to choose from.

Some more breath weapon types would also be nice.

Goad and Ward Dragons would probably be fine as auras. At most, they'd be 'decent,' not something that propels dragons instantly to insane heights.

Yeah, that's a problem, but not one that'll be fixed fast. We've got Bantu, Myrrh, the dragon laguz... Nah and Kana if they include the kids (which will probably happen), Idenn, Medeus, Grima for GHBS...

And by 'Boon', I mean their status healing one.

2 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

That would just be implemented as Harsh Command.

Edit: Unless, of course, they add more debuffs than 'prevent counters' and 'reverse buffs' in the future.

Edited by DehNutCase

32 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Yeah, that's a problem, but not one that'll be fixed fast. We've got Bantu, Myrrh, the dragon laguz... Nah and Kana if they include the kids (which will probably happen), Idenn, Medeus, Grima for GHBS...

You forgot Garon, Jahn, Anankos and Nagi. Mila and Duma could also be put as GHBs...

Edited by Lord-Zero

Just now, Lord-Zero said:

You forgot Garon, Jahn and Nagi. 

It was a quick top-of-my-head analysis that tried to catch all the major characters.

Also, this is the first I've heard Garon is a dragon.

2 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

It was a quick top-of-my-head analysis that tried to catch all the major characters.

Also, this is the first I've heard Garon is a dragon.

Garon can cover armored axe and...wait, you didn't play Birthright? Good grief. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

37 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Yeah not too many dragons/breath users, Jahn might be easier to portray than Idenn and could be said to be more significant in thier home game than her. (Though maybe Idenn could bring generic dragon enemies to the table) If we're bringing up weight classes on the level of Grima other dragon "gods" could be considered, Naga mainly maybe a couple others. (Forseti's potential seems darn cool to me but is doubtful) Morva isn't playable but does have a strong connection to Myrrh at least and has draco zombieness to possibly draw on. (though how'd that'd work with regards to the art and lines side I'm not sure) Nils is still there for another dragon dancer. 

Anyone else out there with any tether of possibility? Xane and Gotoh are dragons right, just not having dragon froms at the time of their games? Can't think of anyone else I haven't at least alluded to, now I'm a bit curious of who I might of missed. (Ah Garon, though a dragon god may be the source of that)

Oops, I guess. Well...it's kinda spoiler-ish for you but you don't seem to be interested in playing Fates at all so...yes...Garon is pretty talented and could get 2 versions. There's him and the #FE version of Tiki. Gotoh discarded his Dragonstone and Xane is unable to turn into a dragon anymore. If we can't have Naga then Nagi is a perfect alternative. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

1 minute ago, Lord-Zero said:

Oops, I guess. Well...it's kinda spoiler-ish for you but you don't seem to be interested in playing Fates at all so...yes...Garon is pretty talented and could get 2 versions. 

Nah. I'd like to read the scripts at some point, though.

Hm... well, I guess Heroes isn't as concerned with spoilers, so dragon!Garon in some form could be perfectly possible. Makes me wonder whether they'll distribute two version of the same hero through two unique Grand Hero Battles.

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

Nah. I'd like to read the scripts at some point, though.

Hm... well, I guess Heroes isn't as concerned with spoilers, so dragon!Garon in some form could be perfectly possible. Makes me wonder whether they'll distribute two version of the same hero through two unique Grand Hero Battles.

They could do 2 GHBs or...Axe!Garon for GHB and Dragon!Garon as part of a Fates banner or vice-versa. 

1 hour ago, DehNutCase said:

Edit: Someone once said Karel is the person with the biggest difference between his 'canonical' strength, how the story treats him, and his in-game strength, his stats.

Kurth is supposedly so strong that Ike & Co. couldn't deal with him when he popped up to save Micaiah's ass, but his stats are so bad that base Ike has a shot at wrecking his shit. Nevermind the Ike that showed up to fight Micaiah.

Theres also Michalis and Sirius who get hyped to death. Except Sirius failed to live up to the hype once. Michalis failed forever

And im still baffled how FE7 Eliwood is so mediocre when FE6 Eliwood is like all sorts of ridiculous things

But yeah Laguz in Tellius probably took that. Im kinda surprised the Dragon kinds are regarded low on playability when iirc they are supposed to be the strongest race 

I think Bantu would get Hone Dragon tbh

@Lord-Zero you know who can actually get 2 version?

Hardin

He could actually get 3 one of them being Silver Sword Hardin

And then theres the clusterfuck that is Leif

Edited by JSND

50 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Theres also Michalis and Sirius who get hyped to death. Except Sirius failed to live up to the hype once. Michalis failed forever

And im still baffled how FE7 Eliwood is so mediocre when FE6 Eliwood os hyped 

But yeah Laguz in Tellius probably took that. Im kinda surprised the Dragon kinds are regarded low on playability when iirc they are supposed to be the strongest race 

@Lord-Zero you know who can actually get 2 version?

Hardin

He could actually get 3 one of them being Silver Sword Hardin

And then theres the clusterfuck that is Leif

3 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Man, I hate June.

Too many money killer events in gacha games.

At least the one that gets my wallet is my one and only bride :D

Now I'm remembering how in Project X Zone 2 Lucina could change into a bride outfit and got along well with Estelle. In fact, didn't Estelle compliment Lucina's bride dress in a battle conversation in that game? :P

1 hour ago, KongDude said:

Really hoping they bring back daily orbs or at least have more orbs for this banner. I don't want to miss out on event exclusives so I'm hoping I'll have plenty of chances to summon.

Daily orbs will return alongside the banner. You've got to believe~

59 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

Daily orbs will return alongside the banner. You've got to believe~

Just remembered monthly quests too. I'm guessing I'll get at least three full summonings for this banner. then I get all red and green orbs...

16 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

Now I'm remembering how in Project X Zone 2 Lucina could change into a bride outfit and got along well with Estelle. In fact, didn't Estelle compliment Lucina's bride dress in a battle conversation in that game? :P

I don't know since I never played that game. But her mysterious maiden outfit in Vesperia kinda looks "fancy" like the bride dress.

Ignoring the fact bride Cordelia's "seasonal", meaning she can't be normally summoned, doesn't this make all the other offensive archers completely and utterly outclassed? Her only downfall is low HP which is probably lower than Niles, Rebecca, and Setsuna. Essentially, she's Kagero, but if Kagero was as fast as Gaius. At least Faye, Gordin, Niles, and kind of Rebecca can be made into magic and physical counters.

I expected something like 31 to 33 attack and 35 speed, but 35 attack and speed? Really?

Edit: New page post; changed to specify who I'm taking about.

Edited by Kaden