Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

13 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

I don't really feel like Moonbow does too much extra damage. Luna may take longer to charge, but it does more than 11 extra damage most of the time

Only my Palla has Moonbow :P

The additional damage Luna does relative to Moonbow is 20% of the enemy's Def. For Luna to do 11 more damage than Moonbow against the same target, the target would need 55 Def.

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

...You know, I reckon mine would win if they were pitted directly, 

You saying that to save face cause you're jelly of this epic nature?

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Because that’s what she does.

Whip out your roasted pineapple album!

1 minute ago, Othin said:

The additional damage Luna does relative to Moonbow is 20% of the enemy's Def. For Luna to do 11 more damage than Moonbow against the same target, the target would need 55 Def.

Sorry, I didn't make myself clear. I meant to say that Moonbow usually does at most 11 extra damage, sometimes 12, vs a target. That's what I've noticed, at least. I meant to say that despite Moonbow's shorter charge time, the tiny extra damage isn't enough for me to justify using it compared to Luna

Just now, Arcanite said:

You saying that to save face cause you're jelly of this epic nature?

Yep. It's one of many reasons I don't actually use her alongside Nino and Linde like I originally intended.

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Whip out your roasted pineapple album!

Yay, I need to dig deep into my Imgur. Too bad pineapples became relatively rare these times.

2 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Yep. It's one of many reasons I don't actually use her alongside Nino and Linde like I originally intended.

Not to worry! I SHALL CARRY THE LILINA LEGACY FOR YOU!!!!

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Yay, I need to dig deep into my Imgur. Too bad pineapples became relatively rare these times.

Unfort :/

Well at least I remember so it's not all lost...

Good times.... gooood times...

44 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

@Kaden I might be her #1 fan, but I certainly am not a #1 strategist. That being said, I gave her Moonbow. Maybe I should replace it with either Draconic Aura or Bonfire indeed, I don’t know.

Oh, okay. Kind of wished I had more sources of Draconic Aura now since I think I'm going to go with that. Moonbow's in this weird position for me where I don't really want to use it unless it's to combo with Wo Dao or whoever has it really needs it to activate every round of combat because they're that short of killing stuff they should or could be killing.

I'm at a point where I'm leaning towards 4 cooldown offensive specials should go to anyone with a Brave weapon and perhaps Firesweep when it becomes more common and hard-hitting, preferably fast mages like Celica, Linde, Mae, and Sanaki and some ranged physical... er... bride Cordelia. Those units tend to straight-up massacre anything they touch, so having something like Dragon Fang, Ignis, or Glacies activating is just to deal with very high defense units or units with weapon triangle advantage over them. Only exception would -blade tomes units who I would slap the 3 cooldown versions on them instead or units who don't have any high enough stats to make use of anything, but Luna. Not so sure on tanky units who don't take a lot of damage to begin with and really want a massive burst of damage yet.

3 cooldowns would go on everyone else, especially if they're running Killer weapons or can't afford a higher cooldown since it might not be as reliable. That's just me, though. Other people have their reasons for why they chose what special or prefer whatever cooldown.

AoEs and Night Sky branch specials, though, are just defaults. Oh, you have Growing Wind, Merric? That's nice. Hey, let's talk about how you can do more damage with Bonfire. :p

Sort of ditto with Pavise and the ranged defense specials. They exist and I don't really know how to make them really practical. If ranged units had access to the ranged defense specials, I could see them being more useful, but nope. Escutcheon and the Daylight and Retribution branch specials at least have their niches.

Edited by Kaden

2 minutes ago, KongDude said:

It sucks that the Gauntlet rewards were changed to less orbs and shards. I could've used those feathers for my Mae. I don't plan on pulling from the Tempest Banners any time soon.

Where are the rewards listed? I only know that Tobin is the unit we get

3 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Where are the rewards listed? I only know that Tobin is the unit we get

Gauntlet, not tempest.

1 hour ago, Kaden said:

Oh, okay. Kind of wished I had more sources of Draconic Aura now since I think I'm going to go with that. Moonbow's in this weird position for me where I don't really want to use it unless it's to combo with Wo Dao or whoever has it really needs it to activate every round of combat because they're that short of killing stuff they should or could be killing.

I just checked, and for Swordbreaker Sharena Moonbow sims better on defence than any 3-charge special, huh.
She doesn’t get doubled, and the 3-charge special doesn’t charge in time. I think I’ll leave Moonbow on.

L&D3 also sims better on defence than Fury 3. Interesting.

Edited by Vaximillian

I won't pull on the tempest banner as well. I already have 3.75 rate on the silly summer banner in hopes of getting a new focus unit (colorless ones specifically) and I've summoned 15 units and none of them have been either of them.

I think I would've done better pulling on the furu banner :(

3 minutes ago, KongDude said:

Also, should we expect another paralogue? The last Tempest included one with 3 orbs rewarded for each difficulty.

I hope so because I'm short of orbs.

Now that I have 20k feathers I wonder who should I promote next? Xander? Camus? Robin? Nino? Odin ?

or clarine

4 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

I think I would've done better pulling on the furu banner :(

I will still be pulling red on the Fury banner. Eldigan is still waiting for me, as are Celica, Athena, and non-−Atk Lyn.

4 minutes ago, KongDude said:

Also, should we expect another paralogue? The last Tempest included one with 3 orbs rewarded for each difficulty.

It is possible the Bond battles replace the paralogue this time.

7 minutes ago, KongDude said:

The last Tempest had a Xenologue: the second such one, with the first being when the first Voting Gauntlet was released. So those seem very irregular.

11 minutes ago, Othin said:

The last Tempest had a Xenologue: the second such one, with the first being when the first Voting Gauntlet was released. So those seem very irregular.

In that case, I can see us getting a Xenologue to "justify" the Squad Assault &/or Chain Challenge modes

6 minutes ago, r_n said:

In that case, I can see us getting a Xenologue to "justify" the Squad Assault &/or Chain Challenge modes

Yeah, that'd fit.

31 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I will still be pulling red on the Fury banner. Eldigan is still waiting for me, as are Celica, Athena, and non-−Atk Lyn.

3* Fir would like to come home for the 56th time.