Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

2 minutes ago, JSND said:

Seriously speaking though i kinda don't get the merit behind Draw Back. In theory it have the whole "safety for the user" thing but mostly i used Repos to save the stuff in front instead of the user, so DB's supposed niche ended up being wasted. On the reverse its offensive usage is much weaker in a clunky way

Meta shift I guess. Nino comps back in the day before SI could simply dance her and move both her and the dancer away, but now with SI the ranged units do all the work while the melee chumps ended being relegated to repo bots regardless of their offensive prowess on paper. It's just part of their resume

With Reposition vs Draw Back I think it has to do more with what unit you want in front at the end of the turn. Then again, it might just be out of habit giving Draw Back to ranged units because hey, Nino had it too and she was one of the best for a while. Reposition is probably better overall though.

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Wendel is shit outside of the remakes.

He was broken in 1 to the point that he got blatantly nerfed for his appearance on 3. Except 3 Wendell still have high Wlv which gives him easy access to a lot of good stuff. Idk though since i didn't pay attention when playing FE3, but every FE3 expert i know basically told me Wendell is the best mage of FE3

FE12 Wendell is the weakest Wendell. The power level is pretty much 1 > 11 > 3 >>>> 12

Edited by JSND

He was broken in 1 to the point that he got blatantly nerfed for his appearance on 3. Except 3 Wendell still have high Wlv which gives him easy access to a lot of good stuff

FE1 doesn't exist.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I got like 3 minutes into it and its controller with only 2 buttons and couldn't be bothered to continue.

lol i legit forgot the game uses 2 buttons

the trading mechanic of FE1 is the greatest User Interface achievement in the history of humankind

17 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Oh nothing special really, just your average arena Hector.

Hide contents
  • Setsuna attacks. 4 damage dealt. 
    Hector HP: 52 → 48
  • Setsuna attacks again immediately [Brave Bow+]. 4 damage dealt. 
    Hector HP: 48 → 44
  • Setsuna makes an immediate follow-up attack [Desperation 3]. 4 damage dealt. 
    Hector HP: 44 → 40
  • Setsuna attacks again immediately [Brave Bow+]. Resolve combat as if opponent suffered a 50% defense/resistance reduction [Luna]. 24 damage dealt. 
    Hector HP: 40 → 16
  • Hector counter-attacks, ignoring distance [Distant Counter]. 35 damage dealt. 
    Setsuna HP: 27 → 0

On the other token:

Hide contents
  • Takumi attacks. 8 damage dealt. 
    Hector HP: 52 → 44
  • Takumi attacks again immediately [Brave Bow+]. 8 damage dealt. 
    Hector HP: 44 → 36
  • Takumi makes an immediate follow-up attack [Desperation 3]. 8 damage dealt. 
    Hector HP: 36 → 28
  • Takumi attacks again immediately [Brave Bow+]. Resolve combat as if opponent suffered a 50% defense/resistance reduction [Luna]. 28 damage dealt. 
    Hector HP: 28 → 0

Yeah, 4 extra points of Atk makes a huge difference. Spd only matters insofar as you can quad things that would KO you on the counter otherwise. The majority of the time, your Atk matters more. TKJ and Bride Cordelia have it in spades.

Setsuna was never a good user of the Brave Bow set. Takumi was always the best archer in the game before Bride Cordelia became a thing. 

Sets for people that care:

Hide contents

Takumi [+ATK/-RES]
40 HP / 48 ATK / 33 SPD / 20 DEF / 9 RES
Weapon: Brave Bow+
Assist: Draw Back
Special: Luna
Passive A: Life and Death 3
Passive B: Desperation 3
Passive C: Threaten Spd 3
Sacred Seal: Attack +1

Setsuna [+ATK/-RES]
37 HP / 44 ATK / 37 SPD / 17 DEF / 15 RES
Weapon: Brave Bow+
Assist: Draw Back
Special: Luna
Passive A: Life and Death 3
Passive B: Desperation 3
Sacred Seal: Attack +1

Hector [+DEF/-SPD]
52 HP / 52 ATK / 21 SPD / 40 DEF / 19 RES
Weapon: Armads
Special: Pavise
Passive A: Distant Counter
Passive C: Goad Armor

Okay, hold up. You had me at "Hector", which is to say "A low-speed and low-RES unit".

TA3 Rauorraven+ +4 attack boost Sophia. Bam, Hector is gone, and +4 attack Setsuna can go tear Ryoma two new ones. Oh, he survived because he had a few RES boosts? Well, instead I'll just use the unit I actually have, +4 all stat Gronnblade Fury Nino. Boom, dead, next.

Just now, JSND said:

Uhhh Eldi, Olwen, Rein?

Have all three now. I pulled Olwen from her banner today. Unfortunately, she’s neither +Atk nor +Spd. Fortunately, she’s neither –Atk nor –Spd.

18 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Lute was faster and stronger than Artur and has a 30 Mag cap.

Y'know what, thinking about it, I think they're kinda even. Artur has a much better start because of his Con, and his growths are really good too. Lute's Con is absolutely terrible and is a bit of a pain to train, but Mage Knight gives her horse access anyway, and she grows even better than Artur. Slayer is sort of irrelevant between them, because Excalibur is crazy good.

@Xenomata "Well my teammate can take care of units that this one can't!" isn't a defense for a unit. A unit that does more with the same build and same required team slots is the better one.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

5 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Y'know what, thinking about it, I think they're kinda even. Artur has a much better start because of his Con, and his growths are really good too. Lute's Con is absolutely terrible and is a bit of a pain to train, but Mage Knight gives her horse access anyway, and she grows even better than Artur. Slayer is sort of irrelevant between them, because Excalibur is crazy good.

I like Arthur because of his base C staff lol

Edited by JSND

1 minute ago, JSND said:

I like Arthur because of his base C staff lol

I mean, in an LTC sense, neither of them really function as mages anymore, since their purpose is just to get Staff rank while Seth and Vanessa kill everything.

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I mean, in an LTC sense, neither of them really function as mages anymore, since their purpose is just to get Staff rank while Seth and Vanessa kill everything.

While thats true, i don't really see why LTC and casualized playstyle couldn't coincide. Arthur C Staff means he can use Barrier from the get go, which make sure he never misses an EXP a second of his life

1 minute ago, JSND said:

While thats true, i don't really see why LTC and casualized playstyle couldn't coincide. Arthur C Staff means he can use Barrier from the get go, which make sure he never misses an EXP a second of his life

If you were a real casual, you wouldn't think about Barrier spam for EXP/Staff rank and just play the game normally. lrn2casul!

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

If you were a real casual, you wouldn't think about Barrier spam for EXP/Staff rank and just play the game normally. lrn2casul!

i'm a casul who spam barrier to maximize muh EXP gainz on my 1000 turns tyvm!

4 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

How long would a Phase be in real life?

idk the amount of time it took for a teenager to stop being edgy?

speaking of which i really wish theres a list of weapon forging list for SoV since memorizing my forging path got kinda tedious

Just now, JSND said:

speaking of which i really wish theres a list of weapon forging list for SoV since memorizing my forging path got kinda tedious

So about 3 years.

The SoV forges are pretty easy to remember for me. Mostly because there's not much you need to bother with lol. Only about half of the trees are worth remembering.

To be fair, the only forges that matter in SoV are Ridersbane, which the game gives to you, Silver Bow --> Killer Bow, and the fact that Brave Sword loops with Shadow Sword but Brave gets you Rapier.

Just because the same build works better on the same unit, does that actually mean you are going to apply that unit to the battles that the other fails at?

If Takumi can ORKO Hector, great. But SHOULD he be ORKOing Hector when the Ryoma over there is prime to checkmate your entire team, or when your Nino's only possible action is to take out that Hector or Reposition/Draw Back a unit elsewhere where Takumi has 3 possible target candidates from where he is standing, Hector and Ryoma included.

And if Hector is his only matchup? Great, go kill him. Setsuna can still run away and let someone more capable handle it.

It's 4 on 4 strategy elimination no matter how hard you squint. Setsuna is worse than Takumi because Takumi has better matchups, great, we established that, Bridelia, goodnight.

Also jesus when did you guys start posting so fast.

3 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

To be fair, the only forges that matter in SoV are Ridersbane, which the game gives to you, Silver Bow --> Killer Bow, and the fact that Brave Sword loops with Shadow Sword but Brave gets you Rapier.

I haven't actually forged Ridersbane yet for some reason lol. Haven't really caught on to Forging in Alm route on act 3.... probably because Clive does so well i don't even think about it

The first forge i made was Javelin because seeing Palla with 22 speed one shotting everything is funny as fuck

Edited by JSND