• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

SOO MUCH STUFFFF.

165 orbs now. I haven't counted the number of orbs on offer, but I expect that to soar to 180s, or at least high 170s.

The 221 feathers I have left over will definitely be doubled.

Unfortunately, there's nothing else you can watch go up on the top.

EDIT: With 37 quests of assorted variety cleared, I got myself 179 orbs and 821 feathers. Still have plenty and orbs and feathers to collect (Training Tower, 5 Voting Gauntlet wins, 11-5 Lunatic with colourless, and I fell 3 green foes short of those 500 feathers through both stamina bars and arena challenges).

Edited by phineas81707

45 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

165 orbs now. I haven't counted the number of orbs on offer, but I expect that to soar to 180s, or at least high 170s.

The 221 feathers I have left over will definitely be doubled.

Unfortunately, there's nothing else you can watch go up on the top.

EDIT: With 37 quests of assorted variety cleared, I got myself 179 orbs and 821 feathers. Still have plenty and orbs and feathers to collect (Training Tower, 5 Voting Gauntlet wins, 11-5 Lunatic with colourless, and I fell 3 green foes short of those 500 feathers through both stamina bars and arena challenges).

Whats your hoarding for?

Had 181 Orb lol

2 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Tana. I'll be giving Ike, Ninian and Celica a try, though- any suggestions on what might be a good time to cut my losses?

From what we know so far HF is the only worthwhile banner i guess. I'm going to try for Ninian and Julia mainly to have Dancer variety/super high merge on one of the most splashable unit atm

Having 1 free pull for this month's banner sounds really nice

1 hour ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Woah, they're handing out Light's Blessings? Is this a dream?

Wow, really. I didn’t even notice it on the first look. Was too busy earning orbs, I guess.

Over $200.00 and no NS!Corrin... She must hate for some reason.

Edit: Just got her at $240.00. Great. She shows up when I mention her.

Edited by XRay

Tried pulling for NS!Corrin; but I ended up getting a 4*Reinhardt.

Unfortunately, it seems he suffered the same curse as my 5*Olwen; both are +DEF/-ATK...

The Rezzy curse is getting to me.

1 minute ago, Frosty said:

Tried pulling for NS!Corrin; but I ended up getting a 4*Reinhardt.

Unfortunately, it seems he suffered the same curse as my 5*Olwen; both are +DEF/-ATK...

The Rezzy curse is getting to me.

Nah, it just shows that they really are siblings lol.

My Olwen is +HP -atk, which is unfortunate. I don't really care for any of the banners going on right now besides hers (since I have all three of the QR guys anyway), so I'll just throw orbs at it until it expires just because I can.

Just now, Sunwoo said:

Nah, it just shows that they really are siblings lol.

My Olwen is +HP -atk, which is unfortunate. I don't really care for any of the banners going on right now besides hers (since I have all three of the QR guys anyway), so I'll just throw orbs at it until it expires just because I can.

Now if he was a +SPD/-anything that's not ATK... Then I could start doing my weird build on him.

Too bad I'm a F2P player; always on an orb shortage.

Well, the nice thing about the gauntlet is that I can use units I haven't gotten like every single damn red mage for example. Anyway, regular Lyn's map select quotes are so high-pitched compared to bride Lyn's. It's like regular Lyn's from her prologue while bride Lyn's from the main story or post-Blazing Sword. The quotes are kind of cute, but then I'm reminded that it's Lyn. :P

Is it just me or does it kinda feel like all the "good" units are female?

I know Reinhardt, Hector, and Ryoma are all male, but then you look at all the other units. All the dragons, good or bad, are female. most A+ tier units are female, save for Xander, Eldigan, Ephraim, and Ike. The "best" Colorless units, regardless of weapon type, are all female. Many of the "best" mages are female, which okay, but many of the Male mages are B tier. All the C tier units are male. Almost every Staff user is female, which okay most staff users are female, but one of the males barely counts as a male in the first place. Most of the time, new units, especially Event units, have the female be the "best" of the bunch, regardless of how the whole group stacks up as a whole. Mathilda and Clair are probably the worst new females we've gotten so far, but it's okay because Clair's new units gave us Faye the unit with the Firesweep Bow, and Mathilda's banner gave us Delthea.

It shouldn't matter. In fact, it doesn't. It usually doesn't matter to me the gender as long as they are a good unit/character to use. And maybe I'm focusing too hard on nothing. But no matter what I do, none of the unit sets I make can ever escape from being either a harem or all females. Even though I have perfectly fine Male units (Alm, Brave Frederick, Hector, Xander, hell I have TA3 Brave Cain for some reason), the majority is always Female, and as someone who likes having an even amount of males and females to pick from at any given moment, it bothers me a lot. Hell, my next planned training projects are all female (Cordelia, Brave Hana, TA3 Raven Sophia).

Just... something that crossed my mind earlier. Ignore me if you please, I needed to rant a little.

7 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I know Reinhardt, Hector, and Ryoma are all male, but then you look at all the other units. All the dragons, good or bad, are female. most A+ tier units are female, save for Xander, Eldigan, Ephraim, and Ike. The "best" Colorless units, regardless of weapon type, are all female. Many of the "best" mages are female, which okay, but many of the Male mages are B tier. All the C tier units are male. Almost every Staff user is female, which okay most staff users are female, but one of the males barely counts as a male in the first place. Most of the time, new units, especially Event units, have the female be the "best" of the bunch, regardless of how the whole group stacks up as a whole. Mathilda and Clair are probably the worst new females we've gotten so far, but it's okay because Clair's new units gave us Faye the unit with the Firesweep Bow, and Mathilda's banner gave us Delthea.

It shouldn't matter. In fact, it doesn't. It usually doesn't matter to me the gender as long as they are a good unit/character to use. And maybe I'm focusing too hard on nothing. But no matter what I do, none of the unit sets I make can ever escape from being either a harem or all females. Even though I have perfectly fine Male units (Alm, Brave Frederick, Hector, Xander, hell I have TA3 Brave Cain for some reason), the majority is always Female, and as someone who likes having an even amount of males and females to pick from at any given moment, it bothers me a lot. Hell, my next planned training projects are all female (Cordelia, Brave Hana, TA3 Raven Sophia).

Just... something that crossed my mind earlier. Ignore me if you please, I needed to rant a little.

Well, that's one reason not to do an All-Girls run of Heroes. It'd be dreadfully boring.

The fact that you can't avoid male units because of the summoning mechanics is also a good reason to not do it.

16 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Theres.... a logical explanation for this. 

The standard fire emblem good class are mostly female

Whats the best unit class? Mage. What mages are generically feh good(high atk or high spd) in mainline series? If you exclude Pent, Sety, and Lewyn its female really

Looking 1by1 after this:

Dancer is female only class barring Reyson

Pegasus Rider is a female dominated class so it makes sense the good one is female

Wyvern Rider is a female dominated class so again make sense the good one is female

Horse Mage is a female dominated class 

That really leaves you with only Lord, Cavalier, and Infantry and these are indeed male dominant. Ike and Ryoma for sword outstrips Lucina. Lance have Ephraim. Axe have Raven and Legion

Cavalier have Xander Camus Frederick

As for Archer while you mention B Cordelia, i counter it with literally everything else. The list of best archer is actually male dominant. B Cord happen to be the best

RIP Gordin though. He used to be the best archer in the series :(

Edited by JSND

16 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I think's it's just coincidence. Some of the units are based on game stats, so their 'good quality' comes from those. For example, Effie's sky high Attack stat, Hana's glass cannon-ness and Kagero being the Attack-based ninja in Fates, reflects their power in Heroes. Delthea was a great magic nuke in Echoes, atlhough Mathilda actually is kind of nerfed/not as good here.

Some units like the dancers and manaketes are female because, well, that's what they are. In terms of mages, not a lot of males mages have legendary tomes (there's Reinhardt, and Merric who has a niche for deleting fliers and being defensive but the metagame revolves around ORKOing asap). Robin for example, has really balanced stats because that's how he was in Awakening, and he doesn't have his own tome so he's not as good as say, Linde with her Aura or Julia with Naga.

To be honest I say more power to them. Most of the lords in Fire Emblem are guys, so if they shine in Heroes that's all good as well. Just have to wait for more characters to balance things out I guess?

That said some females aren't as good in this game compared to the base game, like Oboro or the infamous Lachesis.

Edited by mcsilas

2 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I know Reinhardt, Hector, and Ryoma are all male, but then you look at all the other units. All the dragons, good or bad, are female. most A+ tier units are female, save for Xander, Eldigan, Ephraim, and Ike.

The "best" Colorless units, regardless of weapon type, are all female. Many of the "best" mages are female, which okay, but many of the Male mages are B tier. All the C tier units are male. Almost every Staff user is female, which okay most staff users are female, but one of the males barely counts as a male in the first place. Most of the time, new units, especially Event units, have the female be the "best" of the bunch, regardless of how the whole group stacks up as a whole. Mathilda and Clair are probably the worst new females we've gotten so far, but it's okay because Clair's new units gave us Faye the unit with the Firesweep Bow, and Mathilda's banner gave us Delthea.

Looking at the tier list, it's mostly mages and lance users where females are dominant (and staff users, obviously, but those are all placed relativly low on tier lists anyway). For instance, while Bridelia is the best archer, most other female archers are not that great and there's plenty of good male archers.

The main problem is that mages are just very OP, and the fast hard hitting mages are all female. I personally find myself using male units more then female ones (my main arena team consists of all male units and while my build units have about a 50-50 ratio, a lot of the female ones are more support or niche characters). It might just be me being weird though...

1 minute ago, mcsilas said:

I think's it's just coincidence. Some of the units are based on game stats, so their 'good quality' comes from those. For example, Effie's sky high Attack stat, Hana's glass cannon-ness and Kagero being the Attack-based ninja in Fates, reflects their power in Heroes. Delthea was a great magic nuke in Echoes, atlhough Mathilda actually is kind of nerfed/not as good here.

Some units like the dancers and manaketes are female because, well, that's what they are. In terms of mages, not a lot of males mages have legendary tomes (there's Reinhardt, and Merric who has a niche for deleting fliers and being defensive but the metagame revolves around ORKOing asap). Robin for example, has really balanced stats because that's how he was in Awakening, and he doesn't have his own tome so he's not as good as say, Linde with her Aura or Julia with Naga.

To be honest I say more power to them. Most of the lords in Fire Emblem are guys, so if they shine in Heroes that's all good as well. Just have to wait for more characters to balance things out I guess?

Female class are higher in power level than Males in the series as a whole though 

Cavalier is the only classic overpowered class that isnt female dominant and even then we have FE3 Midia, Mathilda, and Titania as the series goes on

7 minutes ago, JSND said:

The standard fire emblem good class are mostly female

Wyvern Rider is a female dominated class so again make sense the good one is female

Wyvern rider is not a female dominated class in the main games. It is in Awakening and Fates, but in the earlier games it was more balanced/male dominated.

I do agree with your main point though.

3 minutes ago, JSND said:

Female class are higher in power level than Males in the series as a whole though 

Cavalier is the only classic overpowered class that isnt female dominant and even then we have FE3 Midia, Mathilda, and Titania as the series goes on

Haven't played many of the older games but what about Fighters? They're mostly male-dominated right? I do know Charlotte is pretty good (high HP/Atk but glass defenses) in Fates though and outshines Arthur.

Personally, I feel Titania and Mathilda could've been better when compared to their original games.

6 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Wyvern rider is not a female dominated class in the main games. It is in Awakening and Fates, but in the earlier games it was more balanced/male dominated.

I do agree with your main point though.

Fe1 have 5 female wl and 0 male. Wyvern rider was originally developed as a way to make Pegasus Rider overpowered

Fe3 have 5 female wl and 0 male. 3 of which being blatantly overpowrred

Fe4 have 1 female wl and 0 male

Fe5 have 1 : 1 spread. Funny enough the male overpowers the female

Fe6 have 1 : 1 as well

Fe7 have 1 : 1

Fe8 have 1 male

Fe9 have 1 : 1

Fe10 have 1 : 1

Fe11 is fe1. 

Fe12 is fe3 featuring Michalis

Fe13 is 1 : 1

Fe14 is 3: 1

No wyvern rider is a ridiculously female based class since day one and stays until now. It took 4 games and 7 individual female Wyvern before we even get a single male

Edited by JSND

11 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Haven't played many of the older games but what about Fighters? They're mostly male-dominated right? I do know Charlotte is pretty good (high HP/Atk but glass defenses) in Fates though and outshines Arthur.

Personally, I feel Titania and Mathilda could've been better when compared to their original games.

I honestly find Arthur way better than Charlotte

fighter didnt really become an actual thing until FE5. This is the source of the Kaga have Axe ptsd meme

FE5 Axemen is a 180 change though. One of the 3 Jeigan is a really bullshit Axemen, Othin is bullshit, and Halvan is still pretty good

18 minutes ago, JSND said:

Fe1 have 5 female wl and 0 male

Fe3 have 5 female wl and 0 male. 3 of which being blatantly overpowrred

Fe4 have 1 female wl and 0 male

Fe5 have 1 : 1 spread. Funny enough the male overpowers the female

Fe6 have 1 : 1 as well

Fe7 have 1 : 1

Fe8 have 1 male

Fe9 have 1 : 1

Fe10 have 1 : 1

Fe11 is fe1. 

Fe12 is fe3

Fe13 is 1 : 1

Fe14 is 3: 0

No wyvern rider is a ridiculously female based class

If you count the pegasi in fe1 and 3 as wyverns, sure, but it's pretty obvious heroes doesn't do that. Correct that, and it's suddenly very even. If we also consider relevant non playable characters (some of which are already in the game while some playable ones are not), it looks more like this:

fe1: 1:1 (Minerva is female, Michealis is male. Only Minerva is playable though)

fe2: no wyverns

fe3: same as fe1

fe4: 1:2 (one playable female wyvern, but two very relevant non-playable male wyverns in Travant and Arion)

fe5: haven't finished it yet, but I think it was 1:1

fe6: 1:3 (1 female playable wyvern against 1 playable male, but 2 more important male wyverns in Gale and Narcian)

fe7: 1:1

fe8: 0:3 (1 playable, with Valter and Glen being pretty relevant as well)

fe9: 1:2 (even in playable characters, but Jills dad was pretty relevant)

fe10: 1:1

fe11 and fe12 are remakes, although Michealis is playable in fe12.

fe13: 1:1

fe14: 3:1

Looking at it this way, fe14 is the first one to feature more relevant female wyvern riders then male ones, although they did win out in playable ones in the early games.

@mcsilas Charlotte is the first female fighter I think, while there are plenty of male ones.

Edited by Bartozio

1 minute ago, Bartozio said:

If you count the pegasi in fe1 and 3 as wyverns, sure, but it's pretty obvious heroes doesn't do that. Correct that, and it's suddenly very even. If we also consider relevant non playable characters (some of which are already in the game while some playable ones are not), it looks more like this:

fe1: 1:1 (Minerva is female, Michealis is male. Only Minerva is playable though)

fe2: no wyverns

fe3: same as fe1

fe4: 1:2 (one playable female wyvern, but two very relevant non-playable male wyverns in Travant and Arion)

fe5: haven't finished it yet, but I think it was 1:1

fe6: 1:3 (1 female playable wyvern against 1 playable male, but 2 more important male wyverns in Gale and Narcian)

fe7: 1:1

fe8: 0:3 (1 playable, with Valter and Glen being pretty relevant as well)

fe9: 1:2 (even in playable characters, but Jills dad was pretty relevant)

fe10: 1:1

fe11 and fe12 are remakes, although Michealis is playable in fe12.

fe13: 1:1

fe14: 2:1 (I know Beruka and Camilla as female ones, did I miss someone?)

Looking at it this way, fe14 is the first one to feature more relevant female wyvern riders then male ones, although they did win out in playable ones in the early games.

Yeah i only counted the female ones because they are playable while the males arent lol

Fe14 you miss scarlet