Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

6 minutes ago, Zeo said:

We also need a Greil GHB or a Zelgius GHB to go along with a Dawn Brigade banner (Because you KNOW it wouldn't be BK).

Uh, why wouldn't it be the BK?

Also, it should be alongside an Elincia banner instead, imo.

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

8 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Being a mage would actually help a lot of Armors, letting them attack farther with their 1 movement range.  Having high enough Defense, Arvis could take a hit then retaliate with a powerful magic attack.  He could either run a Quick Riposte or Wary Fighter build.

Close counter would help too, but it still feels like it would be incredibly niche. Especially considering Armors are meant to have high defenses and lower resistance. Where would the stats go? And what place would they have outside of armor emblem which currently has the payout of approximately one orb.

@Anacybele Basically because it would be too easy to get BK if it he was a GHB. That's the type of unit they would definitely want you to spend for. Zelgius is the less cool version so he could certainly be free. BK also makes sense with the Dawn Brigade banner because he helps them throughout P1 and P3.

If an armor mage has anything close to halfway decent offenses, just run 4 copies of Vantage, CC, and both buff types. Their hp is too high to panic ploy, and half the people who touch them get OHKOd, the other half fail to ORKO.

2 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Basically because it would be too easy to get BK if it he was a GHB. That's the type of unit they would definitely want you to spend for. Zelgius is the less cool version so he could certainly be free. BK also makes sense with the Dawn Brigade banner because he helps them throughout P1 and P3.

The BK is Ike's biggest rival though. If he's on a banner, he should come with RD Ike, not the DB, if you ask me.

Also, we have yet to see notable villains on banners. Reinhardt is like the only one and he's not even really a villain, is he? He's just not actually recruitable in the game he appears in.

Another thing, I would've thought that Camus and Xander would be units people would spend plenty of money for.

Edited by Anacybele

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

The BK is Ike's biggest rival though. If he's on a banner, he should come with RD Ike, not the DB, if you ask me.

Also, we have yet to see notable villains on banners. Reinhardt is like the only one and he's not even really a villain, is he? He's just not actually recruitable in the game he appears in.

Another thing, I would've thought that Camus and Xander would be units people would spend plenty of money for.

In Thracia's narrative Reinhardt is 100% a villain

The moral standpoint of Thracia outright told you he's not supposed to be viewed as a good guy

1 minute ago, JSND said:

In Thracia's narrative Reinhardt is 100% a villain

The moral standpoint of Thracia outright told you he's not supposed to be viewed as a good guy

Doesn't seem that way in Heroes...

But we haven't seen a summonable villain since Reinhardt all those months ago, and until that changes, I'm inclined to think the BK will be a GHB.

Edited by Anacybele

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Ehh... That still raises the question of if they'll even do Radiant Dawn Ike outside of the CYL banner, if at all. Plus, if Elincia shows up without RD Ike, then the Dawn Brigade makes more sense for BK to show up alongside in a GHB with the connection. Of course, that's if they do the GHB/banner connection thing.

Just now, NoirCore said:

Ehh... That still raises the question of if they'll even do Radiant Dawn Ike outside of the CYL banner, if at all. Plus, if Elincia shows up without RD Ike, then the Dawn Brigade makes more sense for BK to show up alongside in a GHB with the connection. Of course, that's if they do the GHB/banner connection thing.

Why wouldn't they add RD Ike? He was one of the most popular choices in the CYL poll. And also, it's freaking IKE. He doesn't need to be alongside Elincia either, she has her own crew to come in with (Geoffrey, Lucia, Bastian, and Kieran).

9 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Close counter would help too, but it still feels like it would be incredibly niche. Especially considering Armors are meant to have high defenses and lower resistance. Where would the stats go? And what place would they have outside of armor emblem which currently has the payout of approximately one orb.

@Anacybele Basically because it would be too easy to get BK if it he was a GHB. That's the type of unit they would definitely want you to spend for. Zelgius is the less cool version so he could certainly be free. BK also makes sense with the Dawn Brigade banner because he helps them throughout P1 and P3.

One possible stat line, taking Armor BST as comparison

HP: 50

Atk: 37 (14 Might personal tome for effdective Atk of 51)

Spd: 16 (lowest current value)

Def: 32

Res: 33

That would be a pretty decent stat array, if you're going for a slow tanky armor mage.

Just now, Anacybele said:

Why wouldn't they add RD Ike? He was one of the most popular choices in the CYL poll. And also, it's freaking IKE. He doesn't need to be alongside Elincia either, she has her own crew to come in with (Geoffrey, Lucia, Bastian, and Kieran).

...Well, now that I think about it, Lucina (minus Bunny Lucina) has her normal and masked self, so RD Ike could show up...but I can't see him being added outside of a Tempest Trial award or a CYL banner character until we either see otherwise happen, or we get Blazing Bartre. Not counting Karel or Tiki since their younger and older variants are more significantly different in personality then Ike, Lucina, or the potential Bartre, and I also don't count seasonal variants for how wacky they are.

Oh, and "it's freaking Ike" ain't a point, silly. Not fooling me. :P

4 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

Oh, and "it's freaking Ike" ain't a point, silly. Not fooling me. :P

Yeah it is, because Ike is so popular that a lot of money would be thrown at the game to get him, whether it's PoR Ike or RD Ike. I don't think IS would pass that up in favor of making RD Ike a free GHB or Tempest Trial reward.

19 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Doesn't seem that way in Heroes...

But we haven't seen a summonable villain since Reinhardt all those months ago, and until that changes, I'm inclined to think the BK will be a GHB.

Thats kind of also the way he is presented in Thracia. Like nothing about his dialogue is exactly villainious(unlike Ishtar having.... chapter 8/9) but the small details we got about him, that is him supporting the child kidnapping plot for some reason  easilly paints him as a villain

Thracia didn't exactly make most of their character nice though. Leif's grandfather and father could easilly be retooled as a villain

2 minutes ago, JSND said:

Thats kind of also the way he is presented in Thracia. Like nothing about his dialogue is exactly villainious(unlike Ishtar having.... chapter 8/9) but the small details we got about him, that is him supporting the child kidnapping plot for some reason  easilly paints him as a villain

Thracia didn't exactly make most of their character nice though. Leif's grandfather and father could easilly be retooled as a villain

I see. Must be a rather dark game.

4 minutes ago, JSND said:

Wasn't Leif's father a good guy in FE4?  Unless reckless child endangerment makes him a villain.

5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Wasn't Leif's father a good guy in FE4?  Unless reckless child endangerment makes him a villain.

Quan's a good guy, but the whole thing about what he does to Thracia, and his dream being essentially forcing his diplomatic allies(that he canonically did not give a single fuck for) to step down from their position is pretty questionable. That can easilly be made into villain-esque plot

Its just not as easy as Leif grandfather ordering massacre towards Isaac since we have known Quan's a pretty decent guy(if only extremely arrogant), even if FE5 can't even shut up about how stupid he is

Edited by JSND

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I didn't even know it had those. xP

Imagine the fog of normal fog of war maps where you still see the terrain, but not the enemies. In thraccia, you see absolutely nothing beyond your units' vision range. Complete blackness. You don't even know if you're heading toward any sort of objective or boss. 

That's what makes Thracia a dark game.

Just now, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, it was the first in the series to have them. Unless if I'm mistaken, most if not all of them were gaiden chapters.

Oh, I see. I'm kind of mixed on them. Sometimes I hate them, sometimes they don't bother me.

46 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

One possible stat line, taking Armor BST as comparison

HP: 50

Atk: 37 (14 Might personal tome for effdective Atk of 51)

Spd: 16 (lowest current value)

Def: 32

Res: 33

That would be a pretty decent stat array, if you're going for a slow tanky armor mage.

Good enough. I'd definitely use Arvis. 

Dawn Brigade banner? Micaiah, Sothe and two more to cover the colors that Micaiah didn't take. Also, Oliver as a TT or GHB.