Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

I've yet to even bother with the harder chain challenges...or squad assault even though I probably have the teams for the latter. I've just been lazy. Maybe I'll give those a shot over the next few days. 

It is really nice to see Light's Blessings...though I think I've only used like 4 or 5 since the entire game started. I've still got 25 in my inventory. 

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Decided to take a look through all my units to see who actually have decent/good IVs.

I found out that most of them don't. Most of my units seem to get cursed with -ATK or -SPD when that's usually not what they want. (Hell, even my main boy Ike has -ATK/+RES... I'd take Neutral Ike over that anyday.)

I also pulled Summer Corrin! (+HP -DEF) I'm starting to think I'm cursed when it comes to some of these IVs if I'm being honest.

I'm definitely dying to get some of those light blessings though, was down to 1 for absolute emergencies. (I wasn't very good at keeping my units alive starting off, and wasn't thinking very clearly when approaching all units must survive quests.)

I also have a LOT of orbs I wanna do for summons... and it is killing me to wait for the rarity changes for 3* & 4* units... But I must be strong. :>_<:

3 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

So I got this from the Gauntlet...

fIGKtP7.png

Is it a taste of power if a) She didn't do anything and b) isn't really going to wind up like my Hana?

Doesn't look too bad, although I thought she was 5* before seeing the 4*.   The pic is a bit on the huge side, though, so you might want to shrink it or put it in a spoiler.

5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Doesn't look too bad, although I thought she was 5* before seeing the 4*.   The pic is a bit on the huge side, though, so you might want to shrink it or put it in a spoiler.

I haven't got the hang of which imgur link does what- and the old system of 'the default was good enough' also made the pictures not humongous.

2 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

I haven't got the hang of which imgur link does what- and the old system of 'the default was good enough' also made the pictures not humongous.

some forums, not necessarily the mess that is this one, allows you to change the size of the image through bbcode. something like img width=xx

Just now, r_n said:

some forums, not necessarily the mess that is this one, allows you to change the size of the image through bbcode. something like img width=xx

I miss our old bbcodes.

2 hours ago, r_n said:

Yeah it's weird. All the content you'd want to use them on are things that specifically ban for or wouldn't be usable anyway. Squad Assault, Great Hero Battles, normal Hero Battles, assorted other special maps, Chain Challenges I think.

Like there's the training tower but I've used like 4 total in 6 months on there and 2 of those were probably not needed

I'm reminded of Pokemon Shuffle though. In that game, certain levels heavily encourage if not outright require buyable consumable item use. Buying items either requires time and stamina being wasted on grinding for the needed coins for you're FtP. Or you buy Jewels with real money and then convert those Jewels to coins if you're PtW. Would you want FEH to move towards the dark path of making Light's Blessings nearly mandatory to survive/hit certain goals?

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm reminded of Pokemon Shuffle though. In that game, certain levels heavily encourage if not outright require buyable consumable item use. Buying items either requires time and stamina being wasted on grinding for the needed coins for you're FtP. Or you buy Jewels with real money and then convert those Jewels to coins if you're PtW. Would you want FEH to move towards the dark path of making Light's Blessings nearly mandatory to survive/hit certain goals?

pokemon shufle has been absolute garbage in everything it's done and has only gotten worse. Since day 1 buyable items have been there and the entire gameplay loop is different. I don't find the possible scenarios that similar and I have enough trust in Heroes to not go down that path in how they design their content if they made blessings usable elsewhere.

I think making light blessings more available in other modes would be fine. They're very rare as-is and I don't think Heroes would stoop to Shuffle's level of basically requiring their usage to succeed in the game. At the very least it'd be nice if it varied based on difficulty level, or if other modes at least had some leeway with them. For GHBs for instnace...I don't see an issue with letting you use a blessing on Normal/Hard. But Infernal could ban them.

I seem to be having a problem with my new tablet.  It's super laggy and seems to overheat almost immediately.  Heroes is the only game I have on it, and it's brand new so I don't know why it would have this issue.  I pretty much only use the tablet for watching Youtube videos and playing Heroes.

Okay, weird question for those who have all the dragons: is Nowi shorter than Fae and young Tiki? Whenever I see her, she is shorter than the other characters -- two friends have an Eirika and Nowi and whenever they show up for the gauntlet match victory thingie, Eirika looks like a giant compared to Nowi --, but I don't remember if she's shorter than Fae and kid Tiki. Those two are either slightly shorter or about the same height. Speaking of height, it's funny that characters like Delthea, Nino, Raigh, and Sakura who are probably younger and shorter than others, but they aren't, so, you have stuff like little Nino standing about the same height as Zephiel.

Edited by Kaden

17 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

@Kaden: All three lolikete sprites are shorter than everyone else, yes. Nowi, Fae, and young Tiki are of the same height as sprites.

Yeah, I know that, but Nowi seems noticeably shorter than the others. I'm wondering if Nowi's even shorter than Fae and child Tiki.

4 hours ago, Eridras said:

With 9+10, my biggest hurdle was getting past 9-3, since Ursula could kill everyone on my cavalry team with her Wolf tome. I found that Reinhardt needed a Hone Cavalry boosted Luna to safely one-shot her, so the first two stages were fought around getting him that. After her it was mostly safe sailing, though I did need my other two teams for the last two stages  

11+12 I've given up on for the time being, but good luck!

How Reinhardt is going to help in defensive map again? 

7 hours ago, Lushen said:

I wish we knew what movement types the units are.  Armored units are not great if you're training a tanky unit and fliers are not great if you're training a mage.  In some cases, their movement is more important than their color.

imo not only in some cases, it was ALL cases in my experience. I was trainingFRobin few weeks ago and the game hates me by keep shoving me fliers. (despite choosing maps with  mostly lance users) 

8 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Why do you think she asks if she's any taller when you give her a new skill?

Genny always asks if she looks "different" when you teach her a skill too.

Gee I wonder what she means by that.

4 hours ago, Eridras said:

With 9+10, my biggest hurdle was getting past 9-3, since Ursula could kill everyone on my cavalry team with her Wolf tome. I found that Reinhardt needed a Hone Cavalry boosted Luna to safely one-shot her, so the first two stages were fought around getting him that. After her it was mostly safe sailing, though I did need my other two teams for the last two stages  

11+12 I've given up on for the time being, but good luck!

How Reinhardt is going to help in defensive map again? 

7 hours ago, Lushen said:

I wish we knew what movement types the units are.  Armored units are not great if you're training a tanky unit and fliers are not great if you're training a mage.  In some cases, their movement is more important than their color.

imo not only in some cases, it was ALL cases in my experience. I was trainingFRobin few weeks ago and the game hates me by keep shoving me fliers. (despite choosing maps with  mostly lance users) 

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I have my eyes on you. What is rule no. 1 again? Never leave the compound without the Grand Summoner's permission! Yet I talked to a bunch of our friends yesterday, and strangely, nobody knew where you were. Would you please tell me?

This whole thing was great. Scarily great.

14 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Why do you think she asks if she's any taller when you give her a new skill?

I don't have a Nowi, so I wouldn't know... ;_;

Fae does ask if she's any bigger when she levels up or she learns a skill, though.

11 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

"Am I bigger? All growed up now?"

I checked her quotes on gamepedia and she actually says "growed up" as one of her poke quotes. Buuuuuut, it's locked behind a 5* rarity.

11 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

I just promoted my neutral Nowi yesterday and got her to level 40 today <3 She's quite good!

Yes, I know because I had a 4* Nowi on my first file long ago. My 5* Fae from that file wasn't that great for some reason compared to 4* Fae. Maybe she was -Atk? Same with my first 4* Roy who was really fragile while second 4* Roy was all right. Serra was a beast, though, and I hope I can summon her again one day.

Anyway, the most adorable thing I remember is that both Fae and Nowi share "Let's go!" as one of their map select quotes.