• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 minutes ago, Oboro! said:

Why do you ask for us to suffer?

I don't mean to! :P A refreshing unit on a horse would be a unique thing! And so would a more masculine male refreshing unit!

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I don't mean to! :P A refreshing unit on a horse would be a unique thing! And so would a more masculine male refreshing unit!

Maybe for regular FE but heroes....

That's like asking for a full team of hone buffed Reinhardts

7 minutes ago, Oboro! said:

Maybe for regular FE but heroes....

That's like asking for a full team of hone buffed Reinhardts

I get that, I really do... But the idea of a character like this just sounds so awesome. I imagine Ralph would have this base skill set, though.

Ruby Sword+
Sing
Night Sky/Luna
Fortify Def

Ralph is Frederick's best bud and looks up to him, so his set is a bit of a nod to that. But he's not a green unit, sadly. I wouldn't mind a green dancer/singer either.

Edited by Anacybele

21 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I get that, I really do... But the idea of a character like this just sounds so awesome. I imagine Ralph would have this base skill set, though.

Ruby Sword+
Sing
Night Sky/Luna
Fortify Def

Ralph is Frederick's best bud and looks up to him, so his set is a bit of a nod to that. But he's not a green unit, sadly. I wouldn't mind a green dancer/singer either.

There is already a Ralph in FE (though it looks like the translation might be Ralf). Sadly, he's a pretty forgettable sword unit in Thracia :(

I would love a male singer or dancer, but I doubt there will be one any time soon what with all the handy scantily clad female singers/dancers (though, tbf, they have picked two of the least scantily clad and only one of the most so far). But with Shigure, they could have a flying singing unit... probably a bit too op lol 

2 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

There is already a Ralph in FE (though it looks like the translation might be Ralf). Sadly, he's a pretty forgettable sword unit in Thracia :(

I would love a male singer or dancer, but I doubt there will be one any time soon what with all the handy scantily clad female singers/dancers (though, tbf, they have picked two of the least scantily clad and only one of the most so far). But with Shigure, they could have a flying singing unit... probably a bit too op lol 

I hadn't known that, but that's Japanese. The English name for that guy could be different. lol My Ralph's Japanese name would be different, but yeah.

Also, my Ralph wouldn't be that forgettable, I would hope!

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Anacybele said:

I hadn't known that, but that's Japanese. The English name for that guy could be different. lol

Like I say, it looks like the translation will be the oddly spelt Ralf. I'm guessing the wiki took that off the cyl poll thing, but I could be wrong. 

That being said, we have Selena FE14 and Selena FE8... and it looks like the translation for FE5's knight is also going to be Cain (not like there's any other spellings of Cain they can use... Kain... Kein... nope), and also Arthur and Arthur (FE14 and FE4), so it's only by chance they haven't got two characters with the same name yet, it looks like. I just thought it was interesting to note that FE does indeed have a Ralph of some kind :) 

1 minute ago, Cute Chao said:

Like I say, it looks like the translation will be the oddly spelt Ralf. I'm guessing the wiki took that off the cyl poll thing, but I could be wrong. 

That being said, we have Selena FE14 and Selena FE8... and it looks like the translation for FE5's knight is also going to be Cain (not like there's any other spellings of Cain they can use... Kain... Kein... nope), and also Arthur and Arthur (FE14 and FE4), so it's only by chance they haven't got two characters with the same name yet, it looks like. I just thought it was interesting to note that FE does indeed have a Ralph of some kind :) 

The Japanese name for Selena in Fates is Luna though. And Fates's Arthur's Japanese name is Harold (dunno why that change was made). But there could be other examples.

4 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Isn't there a Kain in Final Fantasy, so that spelling isn't beyond the pale or anything.

Just now, Rezzy said:

Isn't there a Kain in Final Fantasy, so that spelling isn't beyond the pale or anything.

I was being sarcastic... It's the spelling they used in the CYL poll, which makes it seem more likely they'll go with that for the official translation (though maybe they were just rush-translating and will actually change them). I wondered why they decided to go with Cain again when they have both Kain (the more common version) and Kein (the more commonly seen fan translation, at least when I was playing Thracia) to use. So, hopefully, if they do bring him into the game, I really, really hope they don't go with the CYL poll and do actually make a slight adjustment there :) 

12 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Ruby Sword+
Sing
Moonbow/Luna
Fortify Def

Once they add a green dancer I think the game would change quite a bit. Heh

1 minute ago, Oboro! said:

Once they add a green dancer I think the game would change quite a bit. Heh

I have Axe SP and Green Tome SP Valor skills at the ready when they do.

I've got my Lance SP Azura and Sword SP Olivia already.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

I have Axe SP and Green Tome SP Valor skills at the ready when they do.

I've got my Lance SP Azura and Sword SP Olivia already.

Who would even fit the slot of a green dancer anyway?

7 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

We only have 3 dancer in Heroes for the moment, the Olivia who is the least clothes being available for free instead , Azura, who is the most useful because she can kill reds on her own isn't that scantily clad despite you can see her panties all the time, and Ninian who offered the best support from her basic set out of all the three (not only Sing but also comes with Fortify Dragons)

and even if Shigure comes with mediocre stat, Emblem buff can fix that, same with Reyson should he is flier too. 

Also, did you saw my previous post on the possibily of them updating the gameplay by giving pre-Tellius assassins daggers and wyvern rider axes? by the same logic, we could have refresh unit Homer or Lewyn.... wdyt? 

1 minute ago, Oboro! said:

Tethys with an Axe.  Lalum and Elphin with Green Tomes.

2 minutes ago, Oboro! said:

Nils and while were at it, have his skill kit be the inverse of his sister's because why not.

Dark Breath+
Play
Wings of Mercy 3
Hone Dragons

7 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

We only have 3 dancer in Heroes for the moment, the Olivia who is the least clothes being available for free instead , Azura, who is the most useful because she can kill reds on her own isn't that scantily clad despite you can see her panties all the time, and Ninian who offered the best support from her basic set out of all the three (not only Sing but also comes with Fortify Dragons)

and even if Shigure comes with mediocre stat, Emblem buff can fix that, same with Reyson should he is flier too. 

Also, did you saw my previous post on the possibily of them updating the gameplay by giving pre-Tellius assassins daggers and wyvern rider axes? by the same logic, we could have refresh unit Homer or Lewyn.... wdyt? 

Sorry, I don't know what wdyt means. 

I figured the next dancers will likely be along the lines of Tethys, Lalum,Sylvia, Leen or Feena (sorry, not sure about spellings for translated names for the last ones) going by the judgement of less clothes = more money, although I did admit they have gone with the least scantily clad ones for two of the three so far (Azura and Ninian). 

Of those mentioned, I really don't expect to see Reyson any time soon, though I would love to be proven wrong. Same with Elphin and Rafiel. They're not combat units, so it could be harder to figure out what to do with them. 

I think it was figured Llewyn would likely be a mage, given he tends to be pretty op himself. 

And I did say Shigure, but there is the potential that with buffs and movement, they wouldn't want to do that otherwise he would become overpowered. 

Of those mentioned, Homer is always a possibility, although it depends on if they'll go outside the box since he was only a bard by name in his game, and his game had Lara, who is the more likely one to be added. She would be cool to have, too, but, sadly, not male. 

Nils is probably the most likely male refresher unit to be added. He'd be nice to see - I hope he keeps his little dance from FE7.

Edited by Cute Chao

24 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I hadn't known that, but that's Japanese. The English name for that guy could be different. lol My Ralph's Japanese name would be different, but yeah.

Also, my Ralph wouldn't be that forgettable, I would hope!

Your Ralph would almost certainly be ラルフ which is the same as Ralf's ラルフ.

21 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Akaneia's Cain is officially spelled "Kain" in Japanese.

19 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

The Japanese name for Selena in Fates is Luna though. And Fates's Arthur's Japanese name is Harold (dunno why that change was made). But there could be other examples.

Japan's Linde (FE1/3/11/12) and Linda (FE4) are both リンダ, officially "Rinda" and "Linda", respectively. Corrin (FE14) and Kamui (FE2/15) are both カムイ, both officially "Kamui". Asugi (FE14) and Gray (FE2/15) are both グレイ, officially "Gurei" and "Gray", respectively.

9 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

FE4's Bard is just the Wind Mage class with a different name whereas the Thief and Dragon Knight classes are considered the same class across games despite changes in weapon type.

7 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Nils and while were at it, have his skill kit be the inverse of his sister's because why not.

Dark Breath+
Play
Wings of Mercy 3
Hone Dragons

Ice dragon. Therefore blue.

If they are going to release another Dancer/Singer, I want either a bow or green tome Dancer/Singer with around 35 Attack and Speed. I want game breaking units.

7 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I don't know what wdyt means. 

Pretty sure it means what do you think!

Don't worry, it took me years before I finally figured out what iirc meant heh

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Your Ralph would almost certainly be ラルフ which is the same as Ralf's ラルフ.

No, I mean IS would name him one thing, but the localization would decide to go with Ralph instead. Like with Arthur not being Harold over here.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Japan's Linde (FE1/3/11/12) and Linda (FE4) are both リンダ, officially "Rinda" and "Linda", respectively. Corrin (FE14) and Kamui (FE2/15) are both カムイ, both officially "Kamui". Asugi (FE14) and Gray (FE2/15) are both グレイ, officially "Gurei" and "Gray", respectively.

Huh, then I guess even in just Japanese some names are repeated.

1 minute ago, Cute Chao said:

Sorry, I don't know what wdyt means. 

I figured the next dancers will likely be along the lines of Tethys, Lalum,Sylvia, Leen or Feena (sorry, not sure about spellings for translated names for the last ones) going by the judgement of less clothes = more money, although I did admit they have gone with the least scantily clad ones for two of the three so far (Azura and Ninian). 

Of those mentioned, I really don't expect to see Reyson any time soon, though I would love to be proven wrong. Same with Elphin and Rafiel. They're not combat units, so it could be harder to figure out what to do with them. 

I think it was figured Llewyn would likely be a mage, given he tends to be pretty op himself. 

And I did say Shigure, but there is the potential that with buffs and movement, they wouldn't want to do that otherwise he would become overpowered. 

Of those mentioned, Homer is always a possibility, although it depends on if they'll go outside the box since he was only a bard by name in his game, and his game had Lara, who is the more likely one to be added. She would be cool to have, too, but sadly, not male. 

wdyt = what do you think 

well, maybe because Azura and Ninian was that popular among dancers to begin with. but IIRC Reyson placed quite highly in CYL, he might appear should they do Laguz Royal banner. 

ofc he would be a mage, so will be Homer, the question is how OP they could be. 

Lara would be cool of being a dagger dancer, but like you said, sadly, not male 

the thing is, Heroes have this tendency of not making an unit pure support nor pure attacker/tank. Even Reinhardt comes with Goad Cavalry, and will provide emblem buff too in horse emblem team. Delthea and Linde, two of the most powerful infantry mage are notable for being good in support while being nukes. So they could give both Lewyn Play command and some attack power for Reyson.