Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

14 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Speaking of the notice board, it straight-up says summer Gaius's art was fixed or "altered" in their words.

Why.

12 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Do you mean Masked Marth?  Because that's definitely Marth.

yeah sure, let's go with that

Same thing. Do you even play Smash.

4 minutes ago, KongDude said:

The swap sounds great, and it is, but it also means you'll feel even shittier if you pull a 3*, knowing they're more rare than 4*s.

Aren't there 3*-exclusive characters?

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Just now, Soul~! said:

Why.

Aren't there 3*-exclusive characters?

They added a bowstring.

There aren’t. All summonable characters are either 3–4★, 4–5★, or 5★-only.

41 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Must have been those drugs the guy has clearly been taking.

I'm convinced Heroes Lloyd has the body of a Lloyd Morph Nergal didn't finish sculpting. Why isn't he silent then? Well summoning creates timespace issues, and basically the when the summoning reached into Elibe, it grabbed the residues of Lloyd's soul existent in his quintessence. And due to the summoning penetrating deeper into the time flow from before Lloyd's death as well, the summoning managed to gather some of Lloyd's memories too and attached them to the soul fragments, which were then attached to the incomplete morph body. Due to the body not being his natural one, a body not made to host a soul in the first place, and the chaotic bringing together of everything the summoning caused, that Lloyd has physiological problems is of no surprise.

Ursula on the other hand is 100% human, it is her in the living flesh which was grabbed.

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm convinced Heroes Lloyd has the body of a Lloyd Morph Nergal didn't finish sculpting. Why isn't he silent then? Well summoning creates timespace issues, and basically the when the summoning reached into Elibe, it grabbed the residues of Lloyd's soul existent in his quintessence. And due to the summoning penetrating deeper into the time flow from before Lloyd's death as well, the summoning managed to gather some of Lloyd's memories too and attached them to the soul fragments, which were then attached to the incomplete morph body. Due to the body not being his natural one, a body not made to host a soul in the first place, and the chaotic bringing together of everything the summoning caused, that Lloyd has physiological problems is of no surprise.

Ursula on the other hand is 100% human, it is her in the living flesh which was grabbed.

"Nino, Jaffar, I hope we can resume our old antics."
"What about Uncle Lloyd?"
"...That's not Lloyd."

11 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

So, Hardy Bearing 1 seal. Soon non-lancers and non-archers can join in on the fun of trolling Vantage users!

Spoiler

i feel this is going to be more of a tool for enemies to troll glass cannon Desperation users..do weapons count as "skills" for this purpose? as in brave weapons would be affected as well? what about weapon effects like the Vantage tome and Sol Katti's Desperation?

Just now, wizzard of soz said:

Hide contents

i feel this is going to be more of a tool for enemies to troll glass cannon Desperation users..do weapons count as "skills" for this purpose? as in brave weapons would be affected as well? what about weapon effects like the Vantage tome and Sol Katti's Desperation?

Oh yeah, it's a huge middle finger to Desperation users. Brave weapons wouldn't be affected unless you're doing something like Quad Desperation build. And weapons are skills so Bruno's tome and Lyn's Sol Katti will be affected.

22 minutes ago, wizzard of soz said:

Hide contents

Weapons have always counted as skills in this game.

4 minutes ago, SniperGYS said:

Just updated the game, haha now I can press very quickly the characters in the Hero Catalogue to see their damage animation lol

And if you tap twice consecutively (not immediately), you can see them double-attacking.

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Weapons have always counted as skills in this game.

then wouldn't that mean brave weapons actually would be affected by the seal? because i'd say they fit the description of "changing attack priority", and the seal disables "skills" that change attack priority.

A small critique to the meta:

There's waay too much theorycrafting involved. I don't mind theory to an extent, because I understand we can't execute everything involved, and ideas are what start out the whole thing. But a lot of times, people just aren't realistic. Everything, starting from assuming every single character ever is going to be promoted to *5 stars, to the ever-elusive "oh just +10 *5s bro". This is coming from someone who literally spends time thinking about setups- again, realistically. I'm actually starting to even stray from assuming a character is going to be promoted to *5 at the base of the arguement, and only rarely factor in something like LD3 + 5* Weapon.

Again, it's not a bad idea to throw out ideas.

Not making a topic out of this, just throwing it out here. Do what you want with it.

EDIT: Goes double for "F2P" players (still somewhat reluctant at using that term). Use your resources well. 

Edited by Soul~!

13 minutes ago, wizzard of soz said:

then wouldn't that mean brave weapons actually would be affected by the seal? because i'd say they fit the description of "changing attack priority", and the seal disables "skills" that change attack priority.

No, because a single attack for a brave sword is two hits. The actual attack itself, though, still takes place in an order according to vantage, desperation, etc. 

6 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

No, because a single attack for a brave sword is two hits. The actual attack itself, though, still takes place in an order according to vantage, desperation, etc. 

oooh, ok whoops. makes sense. i had small hope that they maybe were throwing us a bone to deal with brave users ;; wonder if they will release something eventually..

Edited by wizzard of soz

20 minutes ago, wizzard of soz said:

I'm going to lean towards what @Cute Chao said. Brave weapons don't change the order that attacks occur, they simply add more attacks, assuming that's what "attack priority" refers to.

Yeah it'll just apply to Desperation and Vantage. Brave weapons shouldn't be affected. Interesting that it prevents the unit from using those skills as well, and requires full health to bypass those skills, so I could see Savage Blow being integrated into teams.

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

They added a bowstring.

So, any hope of them doing the same for Rebecca? Maybe they can fix the eyes while they're at it. I know they won't fix that last part, but one can always hope.

8 minutes ago, Thane said:

So, any hope of them doing the same for Rebecca? Maybe they can fix the eyes while they're at it. I know they won't fix that last part, but one can always hope.

I don't think Rebecca's will be changed anytime soon.

Gaius's was blatantly wrong in the fact that the bowstring was there, but in the wrong place. Rebecca's can reasonably be argued to be stylistic in order to not cover her face since the artist drew the bowstring as an opaque object instead of a single line in Rebecca's other poses.

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I don't think Rebecca's will be changed anytime soon.

Gaius's was blatantly wrong in the fact that the bowstring was there, but in the wrong place. Rebecca's can reasonably be argued to be stylistic in order to not cover her face since the artist drew the bowstring as an opaque object instead of a single line in Rebecca's other poses.

I can see that, and I've thought the same myself, but I personally find it jarring. Of course, many people might prefer it to having something cover her face, so who knows.