Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

3 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I thought there was a slight chance they'd give us the chance to pull/win the 2 new warriors characters. 

Yeah I'm really surprised there's no banner along with these. Either with the new warriors characters or old character that appear in warriors. At least no Hinoka on a banner means my Halloween orbs are still safe.

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I have three Hinata: +def -res, +spd -res, and +atk -spd. Of those three, which should I use?

Use all three, everybody needs Fury 3!

+Def one looks the best candidate for a QR-Bonfire/Ignis build, so I’d use him if I wouldn’t have used him for Fury instead.

Omg. I did it. I saved 100 orbs. I think this is the most orbs I've ever had at once.  Thank you Warriors maps. I still have the Lunatic mode for all of them to complete however. Maybe I'll attempt that when I'm not quite so tired. XD

22 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Use all three, everybody needs Fury 3!

+Def one looks the best candidate for a QR-Bonfire/Ignis build, so I’d use him if I wouldn’t have used him for Fury instead.

Okay, so +def is better than the +atk one then? That's the one I was originally using anyway, so I'll just keep him and use the other two for skill inheritance.

Annoyingly enough, all three of them are 3-star :|

If that's true, the hard maps can give a big amount of SP, especially at weekends. I currently lack stamina to verify. 

/Edit: I saw for hard is only 10 stamina needed, so I could verify it on Part 5/hard. 3 SP from all Level 35 opponents. 

Edited by mampfoid

5 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

If that's true, the hard maps can give a big amount of SP, especially at weekends. I currently lack stamina to verify. 

I just tried it, but I realized I never really payed attention to the normal SP gain for kills. A 3-star level 2 Gordin got 3 SP per kill on the lowest difficulty of Frederick's map; does that sound right?

Edited by DefaultBeep

3 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

I just tried it, but I realized I never really payed attention to the normal SP gain for kills. A 3-star level 2 Gordin got 3 SP per kill on the lowest difficulty of Frederick's map; does that sound right?

Yes. 6 SP on weekends.

March the Black Knight in and laugh as everything bounces off his armour.

5 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Level 2 units will gain 3 SP from every opponent, regardless of their level. If you have a 5* Level 40 unit, it will take at least a Level 35 opponent to gain 3 SP. On part 5 hard (Camillas map) there are at least 24 opponents and it's easier and faster than the CC maps in my opinion (and you don't have to take care to not finish the last map as in CC). 

Edited by mampfoid
Typo

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

Level 2 units will gain 3 SP from every opponent, regardless of their level. If you have a 5* Level 40 unit, it will take at least a Level 35 opponent to gain 3 SP. On Part 5 hard (Camilla) there are at least 24 opponents and its easier and faster than the CC maps in my opinion (and you don't have to take care to not finish the last map as in CC). 

And there's over 30 days to do this... seems pretty generous of them, assuming they knew how useful this could be. And only one day before double SP starts, too.

53 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

/Edit: I saw for hard is only 10 stamina needed, so I could verify it on Part 5/hard. 3 SP from all Level 35 opponents. 

OH GOD THATS AWESOME

ITS PROBABLY JUST AS GOOD FOR GRINDING SUPPORT IDK

And I was thinking I'm giving up a potentially really incredible way to grind SP as I was beating the levels too. One month of the best SP farming experience sounds good to me.

And the maps themselves are amazing. They give a noticeably and completely different feel from standard maps. The portals, the layout, the music. I don't think I've ever seen as many units on screen as I saw on Takumi and Camilla's maps. It really gives you the Warriors feel that you're fighting an army, right down to how easy it is to kill each enemy. This coming from a former Warriors player who played DW4 and 5 religiously (6 was so awful I dropped the series.).

I hope when Radiant Dawn maps are added they give a similar feel to these as there were an obscene number of enemies on some of those maps and they too, felt like you were fighting against an army (because you pretty much were).

3 minutes ago, Zeo said:

And I was thinking I'm giving up a potentially really incredible way to grind SP as I was beating the levels too. One month of the best SP farming experience sounds good to me.

And the maps themselves are amazing. They give a noticeably and completely different feel from standard maps. The portals, the layout, the music. I don't think I've ever seen as many units on screen as I saw on Takumi and Camilla's maps. It really gives you the Warriors feel that you're fighting an army, right down to how easy it is to kill each enemy. This coming from a former Warriors player who played DW4 and 5 religiously (6 was so awful I dropped the series.).

I hope when Radiant Dawn maps are added they give a similar feel to these as there were an obscene number of enemies on some of those maps and they too, felt like you were fighting against an army (because you pretty much were).

8 is actually fantastic if youre looking to pick up the series back(i find 6 ok, but 8 is legitimately back to its DW5 roots)

I've noticed a lot of hype for Nephenee on here and r/FireEmblemHeroes.  I'm genuinely curious, why is she so popular?  Does she have some really good supports or something?  I didn't really use her much in PoR or RD and she never stood out to me as a character that would be so popular.  

4 minutes ago, Infinite Dreams said:

I've noticed a lot of hype for Nephenee on here and r/FireEmblemHeroes.  I'm genuinely curious, why is she so popular?  Does she have some really good supports or something?  I didn't really use her much in PoR or RD and she never stood out to me as a character that would be so popular.  

She's a hottie thats really about it

As least offending as i can put it, Mia and her basically only have that going for them since they are otherwise a fairly unremarkable character as much as i know in Tellius, unlike Elincia. Granted sometimes being unremarkable had its perks

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

These maps are coming in at a great time, I was calculating how much SP I'd need for BK skillsets but between the Tempest Trial and the Warrior maps (as well as the double bonus) there should be plenty of SP. I did a trial run using Zephiel on the Camilla Hard map with it's level 35 units, and with armour support skills he had a very productive enemy phase.

Just now, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

She's a hottie thats really about it

As least offending as i can put it, Mia and her basically only have that going for them since they are otherwise a fairly unremarkable character as much as i know in Tellius, unlike Elincia

Huh, interesting.  I never would have thought of Nephenee as a hottie, so I figured it was something about her character that people liked.  I can definitely see Mia being popular for that reason, but Neph seemed kind of plain to me (not in a bad way) and also has that helmet hiding half of her face, ahah.  

6 minutes ago, Infinite Dreams said:

Huh, interesting.  I never would have thought of Nephenee as a hottie, so I figured it was something about her character that people liked.  I can definitely see Mia being popular for that reason, but Neph seemed kind of plain to me (not in a bad way) and also has that helmet hiding half of her face, ahah.  

For some reason, people tend to simplify appeal to Waifu Emblem; narrowing it down to only liking characters because of their looks or lords because they take most of the screen time and are therefore automatically more fleshed out. I like Nephenee because she is different than most Fire Emblem characters. Most have very noticeable quirks that define their character, and yet here is Nephenee, totally unremarkable on the surface, interested in remaining that way due to her low self-esteem in the beginning, even though she is competent and attractive, just not in a overwhelming and flashy way. She was a useful unit in both Tellius games and relateable in a way that shows you don't have to be that special to be great/achieve noteworthy goals. Personally, I liked her armor design, as well.

47 minutes ago, Infinite Dreams said:

Her plain-ness is definitely part of the appeal tbh. I'm one of those people who only "like" Neph appearance since i don't play Tellius(the only Tellius character is like solely for personality is Reyson and thats because Reyson is the biggest badass in the series by far) but she's definitely get that plain looks just right. Honestly Lyn is also plain

And as much as i'd get flamed for saying this, lets be honest Neph would be far less popular if her design isn't what it is and that goes for every character since appearance is a big deal. FE6 have the ultimate definition of the word moe..... and is relatively ignored because its not a cute little girl

9 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Lady of the plains, thank you very much!

My Wolf of the plains waifu is better than your lady of the plains thank you very much! :wub:

3 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

...I just realised why the Black Knight is a TT reward. Could you imagine him as an Arena Bonus unit?

Sure, Brave Lyn is worse, but in the developer's mind...

We had a 1 Mov Armor Unit with Distant Counter that is common in Arena and he's such a joke, that he's a free win

BK is basically that, except slightly less of a joke because its technically Bulky Ryoma, but BK caps at 56 ATK while Ryoma could have 61 ATK. Its really not that scary