Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

5 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

So strong! I used one of those in a VG. I had too much power :D

She is indeed very strong(and she's gonna get stronger. I'm giving her the Summoner S support. She'll have 42 HP/58 Atk/50 Spd/30 Def/34 Res when next to her S-Support and that's without buffs. Screw Reinhardt)

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

57 minutes ago, Inferno lizard said:

Decided to take a look at this lvl 30 4* Effie, I have, and apparently, she's +atk/-spd. Which according to the wiki is good.

Yes, that is. Generally for Effie, Anything+/Spd- is pretty good. Mine is Def+/Spd-, although I recently got a Atk+/Res- 4* which has gotten my interest.

On another note, I was really unhappy with my pull this morning until I found out this 4* Subaki I pulled was Atk+/Hp-, which was exactly what I wanted to build him.

Lol. After whining about my bad luck on Heroes, I did a free summon on BHB banner and got Hector! Sadly he's +Res -Atk but oh well, a 5☆ is a 5☆. DC fodder

On another note, decide to drop some extra orbs on Crimea banner and FUCK IT. The best I got was 4☆ +Res -Def Camilla. There were 4 red orbs: lon'qu, lilina, draug and athena.

Also, regarding finance management for people who drop a dollar or two on the game, I think the best advice is to destine a fixed value each month and manage it according to the banners and in game schedule. Low prioroty months and banner can help you build up your orb stock.

18 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Also, regarding finance management for people who drop a dollar or two on the game, I think the best advice is to destine a fixed value each month and manage it according to the banners and in game schedule. Low prioroty months and banner can help you build up your orb stock.

Yeah, that is what I try to do. I only spend to +5 to +10 certain characters, when I need a few valuable fodders, or collect a few copies of limited units. It is just that when I do spend to +10 certain characters, the spike in spending is really high.

1 hour ago, KongDude said:

Yes, that is. Generally for Effie, Anything+/Spd- is pretty good. Mine is Def+/Spd-, although I recently got a Atk+/Res- 4* which has gotten my interest.

Hm... my first Effie is +Atk -Def, while I have a 4* 40 +Atk -Spd Effie in reserve. I feel apprehensive about the merge, but that's largely because the slight change feels wasteful, no matter how much I need the armour orb.

4 hours ago, DefaultBeep said:

I was looking through my Catalog of Heroes, and I noticed something. Is FE6 the only game that doesn't have a character locked to 5-star? Even FE10 has its sole representative as a 5-star exclusive. I guess technically FE1 doesn't, since Wrys is the only one listed as being from that game, but barring that iffy exception, FE6 seems to be the only one.

It has Brave Roy, if variants count.

Part of it is that other than Brave Roy, the only FE6 unit added via banner since launch is Klein. Only a small fraction of launch units were 5* exclusive, but most post-launch new banner characters are 5* exclusive, and I think those make up a majority of the 5* summoning pool by now.

12 minutes ago, Othin said:

It has Brave Roy, if variants count.

Part of it is that other than Brave Roy, the only FE6 unit added via banner since launch is Klein. Only a small fraction of launch units were 5* exclusive, but most post-launch new banner characters are 5* exclusive, and I think those make up a majority of the 5* summoning pool by now.

Oh yeah, I forgot about him. I kinda forgot about all the CYL characters once I got the ones I wanted, heh. I'd count those particular variants though, so I retract my original point.

But even then, I believe it was still the only game at launch with no 5-star exclusives. Mystery had Minerva, Linde, and Tiki; FE7 had Lyn and Hector; Awakening had Lucina; and Fates had Ryoma, Hinoka, Takumi, Leo, and Elise. Certainly not quite as strange, especially compared to Awakening with just Lucina (who is the only non-seasonal unit I'm missing from Awakening, just to vent about that real quick), but still a bit odd to me. The fact that every other game has since added more 5-star exclusives makes it stand out more to me, although that's really more just a statement of how few new FE6 characters we've had. The real question is which game will add more non-seasonal characters first: Binding Blade, or Awakening?

So... does anyone actually use Physic on a healer? Or even Recover or does everyone ride the Rehabilitate train? I'm currently using Mend+Imbue on Maria but she'll be supporting Oscar and Ike/Soren/Oscar/Maria will be my tempest team (Was thinking Lissa, but I feel like Maria meshes more into a PoR team in place of Mist who I don't have.). Kinda want to build at her while she's got my attention since she's my 2nd worst healer. (Lucius is pretty terrible unless he takes a hit, and if he does take a hit he dies.)

10 minutes ago, Zeo said:

So... does anyone actually use Physic on a healer? Or even Recover or does everyone ride the Rehabilitate train? I'm currently using Mend+Imbue on Maria but she'll be supporting Oscar and Ike/Soren/Oscar/Maria will be my tempest team (Was thinking Lissa, but I feel like Maria meshes more into a PoR team in place of Mist who I don't have.). Kinda want to build at her while she's got my attention since she's my 2nd worst healer. (Lucius is pretty terrible unless he takes a hit, and if he does take a hit he dies.)

My Sakura has it, and it made getting her S Support with Hana more awkward than perhaps necessary.

4 hours ago, DefaultBeep said:

I'm saying that Astram should be in, if that's not clear enough.

Astram with Mercurius would be great. (And if we wanted to give Marth a little favoritism we could have a classic Pantsless Marth with it too, since Mercurius was locked to him in FE1.)

However, if we are to get Mercurius, they need to do something about what effects it would have. In FE1 boosted Marth's growths, in FE3 it increased EXP gain. In all subsequent games it did nothing (it has Recovery in SoV, but a lot of things did). Hopefully this means Heroes could be free to give it some awesome effect.

On the topic of Archanea, I'd like Elice. She only shows up in the Prologues of the DS remakes and the penultimate and ultimate chapters of SD and NM respectively, which is a shame given she is Marth's big sister and Merric's lover. I wish she got more development. Legendary Staffs can't work in Heroes I think, but even if we can't get Aum, I'd want them to try inventing a "Resurrection" Special or something exclusive to her and Claud. I don't think making actual reviving would be possible or balanced given Heroes's format, but perhaps they could, to borrow from Final Fantasy, invent a "Reraise" status (with revived HP total set to 25% to keep it balanced).

I'd also like Gotoh as I made clear before, with him getting Starlight with some effect related to piercing enemy defensive skills or Res. Ellerean would be neat too, and poor little Yubello could finally have his chance to shine if he was made a Trainee type (yes, I like mages). Wolf could expand our Bow Cav pool and Julian could be a good Dagger user.

When they show up, I want Lena to have Warp as an exclusive Assist with the limitations of Guidance/Flier Formation- no sending someone further than two spaces (or one) from any ally- to keep it balanced. Yumina can then get Rescue too.

20 minutes ago, Zeo said:

I'm on the Rehabilitate + Imbue bandwagon

I like this set on my healers.

Speed + 3/ Live to Serve 2/ Hone Buff

Pain/Rehabilitate/Imbue

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

However, if we are to get Mercurius, they need to do something about what effects it would have. In FE1 boosted Marth's growths, in FE3 it increased EXP gain. In all subsequent games it did nothing (it has Recovery in SoV, but a lot of things did). Hopefully this means Heroes could be free to give it some awesome effect.

Sword Experience 2.

5 hours ago, GuiltyLove said:

>Hone Atk 1

Hope you like her! She was one of the first units to hit 2k HM for me. I SI'd her away to Katarina afterward since she had a better nature

Well, Nino only has Hone Atk 1 at 3★.

I’ve had (and used) Tharja since the first tempest when I’d pulled her instead of Lucina. She’s really good indeed.

And ifwhen Katarina decides to actually come home, I have four more Tharjas sitting in my box waiting to give up Rauðrblade for her sake.

3 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Sword Experience 2.

True, but that is only useful for grinding- and you want legendaries to kill things, not make the grind easier. Mercurius would be getting screwed over again. By Hermes I want something good for it!

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Astram with Mercurius would be great. (And if we wanted to give Marth a little favoritism we could have a classic Pantsless Marth with it too, since Mercurius was locked to him in FE1.)

Pantsless Marth has a unique version of Mercurius that doubles all of his stats. However, to mimic the... interest handling of stats in the early games, all his actual level 40 stats are between 10-20, so he just ends up being an average unit. Have fun with the 4-star version without that Mercurius!

In seriousness, maybe it could give a +1-2 boost to all stats on one of either player or enemy phase? Some of the Summer units had inheritable weapons that gave +2 to all stats at full health (and then dealt damage after combat with full health), so I could see an uninheritable weapon just being a slightly better version of that.

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

On the topic of Archanea, I'd like Elice. She only shows up in the Prologues of the DS remakes and the penultimate and ultimate chapters of SD and NM respectively, which is a shame given she is Marth's big sister and Merric's lover. I wish she got more development. Legendary Staffs can't work in Heroes I think, but even if we can't get Aum, I'd want them to try inventing a "Resurrection" Special or something exclusive to her and Claud. I don't think making actual reviving would be possible or balanced given Heroes's format, but perhaps they could, to borrow from Final Fantasy, invent a "Reraise" status (with revived HP total set to 25% to keep it balanced).

I'd also like Gotoh as I made clear before, with him getting Starlight with some effect related to piercing enemy defensive skills or Res. Ellerean would be neat too, and poor little Yubello could finally have his chance to shine if he was made a Trainee type (yes, I like mages). Wolf could expand our Bow Cav pool and Julian could be a good Dagger user.

When they show up, I want Lena to have Warp as an exclusive Assist with the limitations of Guidance/Flier Formation- no sending someone further than two spaces (or one) from any ally- to keep it balanced. Yumina can then get Rescue too.

Elice could really benefit from being more fleshed out. For being such an important character in both games, she doesn't get many actual appearances, or much dialogue for that matter. Elice and Claud would be interesting if they were regular mages, but with an uninheritable Assist: giving Miracle to another unit. It can only be applied once per character, and it obviously wouldn't work if someone is at 1 HP already. They could also be healers, but... well, I'd just prefer having them be mages so they could be more viable.

I'd love to see a banner featuring some of the pairs from Shadow Dragon and Mystery, especially since it's one of the few games with canon couples. Astram, Midia, Lena, and Julian would be obvious picks, and if they wanted to complete some of the pairs that already have one half in the game, they could add Elice, Samson, Nyna, and maybe others that I can't remember right now. Two three-unit banners with Lena, Julian, and Elice or Samson, and then Astram, Midia, and Nyna would be great to see.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

True, but that is only useful for grinding- and you want legendaries to kill things, not make the grind easier. Mercurius would be getting screwed over again. By Hermes I want something good for it!

Ditto (I think we've come too far for such a Mercurius), but on the other hand, it would both be hilarious and keep it in line with Parthia (but not Gradivus).

44 minutes ago, Zeo said:

So... does anyone actually use Physic on a healer? Or even Recover or does everyone ride the Rehabilitate train? I'm currently using Mend+Imbue on Maria but she'll be supporting Oscar and Ike/Soren/Oscar/Maria will be my tempest team

Rehabilitate is just that good, and so is Recover. Running a healer already puts you at a disadvantage, but at least with either of those skills they can manage to keep up with enemy damage somewhat.

19 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

If Astam made into the game, I want him to be a grand hero battle due to being an enemy unit recruited in Shadow Dragon, and pursuing Marth's army in New Mystery for half of the game. Mercurius can have Sturdy Blow 2 built in, so Astam can be a good bulky sword unit.

52 minutes ago, Zeo said:

I use recover sometimes because there are cases when i want 15 flat heal over Rehab value

@DefaultBeep Pantless Marth Mercurius did not double his stats. FE1 Mercurius perform a DOUBLE CHECK on growth when Marth levels uo. It actually functions kind of like one of the stats boosting DLC item effect on Echoes

Also Marth's best weapon in FE1 is by far Rapier because FE1 Rapier is broken beyond belief

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

@tobuShogi @MrSmokestack @JSND Alter Dragon Boner I will admit Rehabilitate on my Sakura and Wrys has been a lifesaver on multiple occasions. Conversely Lucius needs to take a hit in order for his heals to mean something and 99% of the time he's getting OHKO'ed by whatever is attacking him so Martyr is... well not great. Azama may be different but I hate him and almost refuse to raise one.

I kind of want recover on Maria but my only source of it is Serra and I don't want to part with either of them even if they are both a bad nature. I have plenty of Wrys and Lissa though, guess I'm burning 2k to inherit another Wrys set.

55 minutes ago, Zeo said:

My Elise runs Recover because the content I use her in (Tempest Trials) and the team I use her in (Desperation spam) require precise HP manipulation that is difficult to do with Rehabilitate.

Lachesis has her default Physic because the only thing she ever does is heal Sanaki in Arena Assault.

I don't have any other trained healers.

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

Sure, Physic doesn't increase your cooldown count by 1, and keeps your healer out of enemy range while supporting. But they need to stick with imbue just to try to match the other healing spells. I tried to run Physic + Heavenly Light on a team of units using Fury in tempest trial, but it was pretty underwhelming. You only give the bonus 10 HP to your two other allies, leaving your healer with no means of patching themselves up without renewal or live to serve. It works to patch up fury recoil, but it never lets me get units to full without wasting turns. Plus if we're backed up in a corner fighting enemies, you can't always put your healer in a proper position to use Physic which can further delay healing. It's still my healing build of choice for TT, but for general modes, Rehabilitate and Recover generally have less complications.

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

Physic has the advantage among final stage staves of not increasing Special Cooldown, but most of the time you have to run Imbue anyways because the healing is almost on par with Reconcile for what it's worth.

Martyr relies on the HEALER being damaged to get the most out of the heal, which is just too risky given the defensive ability most healers possess. It also recovers the healers health, so you really only have one good heal per round even if the healer is danced.

Recover is the second best healing staff if and only because it's the Silver weapon of staves: it doesn't have any drawbacks and no advantages, it's just there to be average, and it's competition is either the most powerful of the bunch or lackluster.

Rehabilitate is just that good: it heals more HP than any staff, usually to maximum, and relies on targeted unit health unlike Martyr. Martyr probably would have been the best staff if it didn't also recover the healers health. It's also not like healer specials are all that nessecary anyways. What basically equates to a Hone/Fortify boost on all targets but the healer, an extra 10 hp healed to all allies, An extra 10hp to the targeted ally, or Miracle all don't have much, if any, impact on the flow of battle if you really think about it.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

My Elise runs Recover because the content I use her in (Tempest Trials) and the team I use her in (Desperation spam) require precise HP manipulation that is difficult to do with Rehabilitate.

Lachesis has her default Physic because the only thing she ever does is heal Sanaki in Arena Assault.

I don't have any other trained healers.

My healers are Wrys, Sakura, Maria, Lucius and the WIP Lissa. Ideally I would pull and build a Serra and a Priscilla and drop Lissa. But the two main healers (Wrys and Sakura) run Rehabilitate. Lissa does as well but she's not ready yet, Lucius is base and honestly he's terrible but I must not be using him right. Ultimately I want a *5 Serra and Priscilla. Former will be Recover and the latter Rehabilitate.