Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

22 minutes ago, Zeo said:

My healers are Wrys, Sakura, Maria, Lucius and the WIP Lissa. Ideally I would pull and build a Serra and a Priscilla and drop Lissa. But the two main healers (Wrys and Sakura) run Rehabilitate. Lissa does as well but she's not ready yet, Lucius is base and honestly he's terrible but I must not be using him right. Ultimately I want a *5 Serra and Priscilla. Former will be Recover and the latter Rehabilitate.

If you're going to build a Serra, she's got decent Atk(2 points behind Elise) so you might want to take advantage of that. It's not that high but it's something. I run the aforementioned set on my 4* +Speed/-Def Serra. I initially had a +Speed/-Atk Serra but I realized that her Atk wasn't that bad so I just merged her into the -Def one.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 hour ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

@DefaultBeep Pantless Marth Mercurius did not double his stats. FE1 Mercurius perform a DOUBLE CHECK on growth when Marth levels uo. It actually functions kind of like one of the stats boosting DLC item effect on Echoes

Also Marth's best weapon in FE1 is by far Rapier because FE1 Rapier is broken beyond belief

Yeah, I know, but I can't really think of a better way to translate a double check on growth rates, since the growths in Heroes are much more fixed. I suppose "gives two points to any stats that increase on level up when Mercurius is equipped" could be slightly closer, but that's still more like how the Angel Ring in the original Gaiden works. I just like the idea of a unit that's almost worthless unless a unique weapon is equipped, but then would become no better than average with that weapon equipped anyway. 

Actually, if they do make a Pantsless Marth (which I hope and pray every day that they will), giving him a Rapier would be perfect. A personal weapon that's effective against cavalry and/or armor units would be a pretty solid weapon to have. And maybe Phina could have it too, because Phina with anything else just seems unfaithful to the source material (ignoring New Mystery, of course).

3 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Yeah, I know, but I can't really think of a better way to translate a double check on growth rates, since the growths in Heroes are much more fixed. I suppose "gives two points to any stats that increase on level up when Mercurius is equipped" could be slightly closer, but that's still more like how the Angel Ring in the original Gaiden works. I just like the idea of a unit that's almost worthless unless a unique weapon is equipped, but then would become no better than average with that weapon equipped anyway. 

Actually, if they do make a Pantsless Marth (which I hope and pray every day that they will), giving him a Rapier would be perfect. A personal weapon that's effective against cavalry and/or armor units would be a pretty solid weapon to have. And maybe Phina could have it too, because Phina with anything else just seems unfaithful to the source material (ignoring New Mystery, of course).

Phina could have FE3 incarnation of Lady Sword i guess?

Granted the way they can implement it in FEH effectively make it Triangle Adept

2 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Phina could have FE3 incarnation of Lady Sword i guess?

Granted the way they can implement it in FEH effectively make it Triangle Adept

That seems most likely, considering New Mystery went out of its way to make her unable to use the Rapier. I'm honestly not sure what the best way to implement it would be, though. They could go super faithful and just have it be strong against dagger users, but that seems a bit underwhelming for a bonus effect. Not that being underwhelming stopped them from making Parthia what it is... actually, most of the bows have really poor extra effects overall. Maybe being super faithful isn't a good idea. At least they've done better with most of the newly introduced weapons.

6 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

They could go super faithful and just have it be strong against dagger users, but that seems a bit underwhelming for a bonus effect. 

Too bad Daggerbreaker has already been taken by Setsuna’s bow.

So, Tempest Trials is coming back and I think a healer is in order because I have many units who'll be using Fury. I just don't really know which healers are the best and which staves/skills work better. So far I've liked Priscilla with Rehabilitate, but what do I know? I have pretty much all healers except Genny and Elise.

1 minute ago, Rapier said:

So, Tempest Trials is coming back and I think a healer is in order because I have many units who'll be using Fury. I just don't really know which healers are the best and which staves/skills work better. So far I've liked Priscilla with Rehabilitate, but what do I know? I have pretty much all healers except Genny and Elise.

Healers are largely interchangeable, and they don't really get into enough combat to justify any of their stats- plus, Martyr is the only staff I can name that heals based on your stats.

I personally favour Lissa, due to good experiences with her bulk (and a lot of Inheritance back when it came out), and Priscilla (who has Hone Cavalry inherited and works well with many horses, having a Support with Camus too).

I am in the process of adding Clarine (favouritism) and Lucius (innate Pain, minor favouritism) to my collection, and I also use Sakura (first healer) and Lachesis (favouritism) on occasion, but not frequently enough to justify SI.

Short version: it doesn't really matter.

50 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

I'm not a fan of Phina losing Rapier access in NM, I like the idea, derived from some developer interview that said only royals/nobles can use Rapiers (which is true barring T776), that Phina has secret noble blood. The Lady Sword was really unique in FE 3, and 12 just nerfed it into an E rank Silver Sword (though with forging, you'd never have to fear bandits and barbarians ever).

I find it a bit odd we don't have a Rapier at all yet, but I guess that's because lords get their ultimates in this game from the start, so their initial personal weapons get brushed aside. And to be fair, they lack variety in effect with Armor and Horse effectiveness across the board (well Leif's doesn't, nor Corrin's). Adding to this, if everyone had them, the only viable Cavs would be CYLyn, Rein and Olwen, the rest would be Wolf Beil and Reginleif snacks; the little thing called Armor Emblem would cease to exist.

Hopefully Micaiah can get Thani though, she's going to be painfully slow if RD is something to go by, so she better pack the single dose of hurt on as many targets as possible and as massively as possible. And thinking on Corrin, I'd not mind a True Ganglari variant (give it Fury), just call it... Revelatory Corrin? Make Forrin a Hoshido Noble in design with True Ganglari, and Morrin a Nohr Noble with Silent/Valla Breath or something.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer
Corrin variants can wait, we need many more actual characters first!

@Zeo I generally run Lucius for infantry/armored/flier teams, and Clarine/Priscilla for cavalry teams. I mostly use Rehabilitate but often switch to Martyr on TT where my units have low res and Lucius is able to reliably tank enemies (but really, tanking is not really often because I usually just dance the attacker and clear everything).

For Lucius I run Rehabilitate or Martyr, Hone Speed 3 and Fire Balm to buff offenses and heal the trained unit.

For Clarine I run Martyr, Gravity, Escape Route 3, Fortify Cavalry and Wind Balm. Gravity is to chip some enemies and escape with any assist to make annoying chains of attack. Martyr is there because she can take a hit or two with cav buffs/ward, and Escape Route allows her to heal anyone. Fort cav and wind balm is there to provide buffs to Olwen when she's around. She also has Rehabilitate but variety!

Priscilla runs Hone Cav and Water balm to provide a good amount of buffs, has Rehabilitate and Renewal 3. Both cavs have ward in case panic happens.

On TT I usually don't run healers unless I'm training units or grinding SP on it, in which case I bring any of them and Ninian/Olivia.

@Zeo I generally run Lucius for infantry/armored/flier teams, and Clarine/Priscilla for cavalry teams. I mostly use Rehabilitate but often switch to Martyr on TT where my units have low res and Lucius is able to reliably tank enemies (but really, tanking is not really often because I usually just dance the attacker and clear everything).

For Lucius I run Rehabilitate or Martyr, Hone Speed 3 and Fire Balm to buff offenses and heal the trained unit.

For Clarine I run Martyr, Gravity, Escape Route 3, Fortify Cavalry and Wind Balm. Gravity is to chip some enemies and escape with any assist to make annoying chains of attack. Martyr is there because she can take a hit or two with cav buffs/ward, and Escape Route allows her to heal anyone. Fort cav and wind balm is there to provide buffs to Olwen when she's around. She also has Rehabilitate but variety!

Priscilla runs Hone Cav and Water balm to provide a good amount of buffs, has Rehabilitate and Renewal 3. Both cavs have ward in case panic happens.

On TT I usually don't run healers unless I'm training units or grinding SP on it, in which case I bring any of them and Ninian/Olivia.

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm not a fan of Phina losing Rapier access in NM, I like the idea, derived from some developer interview that said only royals/nobles can use Rapiers (which is true barring T776), that Phina has secret noble blood. The Lady Sword was really unique in FE 3, and 12 just nerfed it into an E rank Silver Sword (though with forging, you'd never have to fear bandits and barbarians ever).

Every fucking thing in FE12 is scary, forged Lady Sword won't be much of a help against them being scary tbh

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Every fucking thing in FE12 is scary, forged Lady Sword won't be much of a help against them being scary tbh

24 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Too bad Daggerbreaker has already been taken by Setsuna’s bow.

...I swear, I forget her bow even exists most of the time.  In fairness though, I meant more like effective damage against the weapon type itself. I think it'd be similar to how weapons like Falchion and Naga work, although I forget if dragons are technically considered a movement type that just always use breaths, or if Falchion and Naga are literally effective against the breath weapon type.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I find it a bit odd we don't have a Rapier at all yet, but I guess that's because lords get their ultimates in this game from the start, so their initial personal weapons get brushed aside. And to be fair, they lack variety in effect with Armor and Horse effectiveness across the board (well Leif's doesn't, nor Corrin's). Adding to this, if everyone had them, the only viable Cavs would be CYLyn, Rein and Olwen, the rest would be Wolf Beil and Reginleif snacks; the little thing called Armor Emblem would cease to exist.

Hopefully Micaiah can get Thani though, she's going to be painfully slow if RD is something to go by, so she better pack the single dose of hurt on as many targets as possible and as massively as possible. And thinking on Corrin, I'd not mind a True Ganglari variant (give it Fury), just call it... Revelatory Corrin? Make Forrin a Hoshido Noble in design with True Ganglari, and Morrin a Nohr Noble with Silent/Valla Breath or something.

It bothers me a lot that they changed it, honestly. It had to be entirely intentional in FE3, and it really helped Phina to stand out and have something unique and almost mysterious to her, beyond just being the first dancer. And the fact that no other Lord will likely use the Rapier over their unique weapons would make Phina even more of a perfect candidate. Perhaps they'll pull a Lachesis and reverse-retcon the change, even if the ability to use a unique weapon isn't exactly on the same level as changing a name translation.

If we ever do get the Rapier, I think people might finally consider using those Shield A skills for more than just the odd GHB or something similar. 

I'll admit, FE10 is the only not remade game that I have yet to play (why must it be more expensive than even the Japanese-only games...). Looking on the FE Wiki, Thani seems like a solid choice for a unique Rapier-esque weapon, but I obviously can't say if there's anything else that would even be an option for her.

2 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

I'll admit, FE10 is the only not remade game that I have yet to play (why must it be more expensive than even the Japanese-only games...). Looking on the FE Wiki, Thani seems like a solid choice for a unique Rapier-esque weapon, but I obviously can't say if there's anything else that would even be an option for her.

She never gets a personal legendary weapon for some reason. Unless they decided to lock the SS Light tome Rexaura to her (Nidhogg and Vidofnir were never locked to the Frelia sibilings, nor Parthia Jeorge, so they could do that), Thani is the way to go. As for Rexaura, it's innate effect in RD is +3 Def, hardly meaningful when Micaiah is too slow and so frail.

15 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

…, or if Falchion and Naga are literally effective against the breath weapon type.

This. The Falchions and Naga are literally effective against all three breaths:

poThgMK.jpg

Which means yes, they can give the Ladyblade (its most official name since E:SoV) effectiveness against the dagger type if they so will.

@Interdimensional Observer: IS stopped caring about Micaiah as soon as Blueberry’s merry band resurfaced. And no, her auto-promoting doesn’t count when Sothe, among all people, gets an auto-promotion too.

Edited by Vaximillian

1 minute ago, KongDude said:

I was going to say rip Takumi, no reinforcements for him, but the map was filled with them. They're fairly easy though.

"Let's not attack the enemy one at a time, OK?"

*Later*

"WE LASTED THE SHORTEST AMOUNT OF TIME OUT OF ANYONE?"

4 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I thought there was a slight chance they'd give us the chance to pull/win the 2 new warriors characters. 

Yeah, I’d have loved to get sword Sharena. She looks good and her blue-and-gold colour scheme is sweet.