Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

6 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Swordbreaker is definitely better for her, yeah. She still misses the KO against some of the bulkier lances even with Lancebreaker, and by not running Swordbreaker she gimps herself against common sword users she fails to OHKO, as well as ones like Ryoma and Lucina who double her. Innate Lancebreaker would be a nice touch though.

Something something Ephraim

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

7 hours ago, Infinite Dreams said:

I've noticed a lot of hype for Nephenee on here and r/FireEmblemHeroes.  I'm genuinely curious, why is she so popular?  Does she have some really good supports or something?  I didn't really use her much in PoR or RD and she never stood out to me as a character that would be so popular.  

1. I think she's the only playable female character in the series that actually wears a full helmet in her character art. It looks great on her and accentuates her personality.
  2. She's the fastest of both FE9's and FE10's Halberdiers, making it easier for her to double attack and evasion tank, and her defensive stats aren't bad, either, especially in FE10.
  3. She has a good Mag growth in FE10, making her a good user of Imbue for even more tanking.
  4. Zanezphte is the only ranged SS-rank melee weapon.
  5. Wrath + Resolve was an amazing skill combination in FE9 (even if it was only usable for 2 chapters), and Nephenee starts with half of it and has enough Spd to avoid dying with it active.
  6. She's cute.
  7. She's also pretty.
  8. Have I mentioned her hair?

7 hours ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

I like Nephenee because she is different than most Fire Emblem characters. Most have very noticeable quirks that define their character, and yet here is Nephenee, totally unremarkable on the surface, interested in remaining that way due to her low self-esteem in the beginning, even though she is competent and attractive, just not in a overwhelming and flashy way. She was a useful unit in both Tellius games and relateable in a way that shows you don't have to be that special to be great/achieve noteworthy goals. Personally, I liked her armor design, as well.

6 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Her plain-ness is definitely part of the appeal tbh. I'm one of those people who only "like" Neph appearance since i don't play Tellius(the only Tellius character is like solely for personality is Reyson and thats because Reyson is the biggest badass in the series by far) but she's definitely get that plain looks just right.

21 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

I always use her because she ends up RNG blessed every time for me, plus infantry lance user and I like her because she is a down to earth character.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:
  1. I think she's the only playable female character in the series that actually wears a full helmet in her character art. It looks great on her and accentuates her personality.
  2. She's the fastest of both FE9's and FE10's Halberdiers, making it easier for her to double attack and evasion tank, and her defensive stats aren't bad, either, especially in FE10.
  3. She has a good Mag growth in FE10, making her a good user of Imbue for even more tanking.
  5. Wrath + Resolve was an amazing skill combination in FE9 (even if it was only usable for 2 chapters), and Nephenee starts with half of it and has enough Spd to avoid dying with it active.
  6. She's cute.
  7. She's also pretty.

Thanks guys, I appreciate all of your responses and enjoyed reading them.  I can understand her appeal now.  If I play the Tellius games again, I'll give her a shot!  :^_^:

28 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:
  1. She's cute.
  2. She's also pretty.
  3. Have I mentioned her hair?

I like Calill much better :(

Then again, I’m biased towards mages and swordspeople. Neph is neither.

Edited by Vaximillian

4 minutes ago, Infinite Dreams said:

Thanks guys, I appreciate all of your responses and enjoyed reading them.  I can understand her appeal now.  If I play the Tellius games again, I'll give her a shot!  :^_^:

I wish I could play a Tellius game to get her full appeal... I said it before, but the one time I see a Tellius game, it's Radiant Dawn at a Gamestop used for $70, $65 for pro members.

Somebody one told me the world was gonna roll me not to look up the prices online, and I am not about to do that now.

Edited by Xenomata

1 minute ago, Xenomata said:

I wish I could play a Tellius game to get her full appeal... I said it before, but the one time I see a Tellius game, it's Radiant Dawn at a Gamestop used for $70, $65 for pro members.

Just Dolphin them. It’s not like this money is going to Nintendo after all this time.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Just Dolphin them. It’s not like this money is going to Nintendo after all this time.

Not even about "supporting nintendo", more like "jesus I just wanna play me more games and I can't even find the damn things"

Plus I don't bother with emulators. Last time I tried, half the graphics didn't even work until I found the graphical sweetspot and the game save corrupted when I beat the game anyways... then again that was an old laptop...

10 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I like Calill much better :(

Then again, I’m biased towards mages and swordspeople. Neph is neither.

I prefer (FE9) Sage Ilyana in Calill's dress. Calill's eye liner is spot on, though.

But, I'm an armor enthusiast (among other things).

At some point, I should hook up my Japanese Wii back into the TV and boot up the old Tellius games (I own both of them imported). So much nostalgia.

Edited by Ice Dragon

12 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I prefer (FE9) Sage Ilyana in Calill's dress. Calill's eye liner is spot on, though.

It was amusing seeing Ilyana trade her microskirt for the absolute slit and her ponytails for a bun.

Edited by Vaximillian

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:
  6. She's cute.
  7. She's also pretty.

On top of all this, she’s also voiced by Julie Ann Taylor in FEH. At least for me, that’s certainly another plus as someone who’s also a fan of Cordelia and Severa / Selena.

Just played through most of the new Warriors maps on my commute to work this morning.  They're easy, but a lot of fun.  I would like to see more maps like this.

Also, I have to admit it was kind of amusing watching all the enemies suicide onto my double Ike team.  (My Brave Ike has DC.)

23 minutes ago, tobuShogi said:

Don't know if it's just me but the shadow from Nephenee's helmet over her eyes gives me a bad feeling for some reason.

Enemy units in Fire Emblem, at least the generic ones, almost always have dark shadows over their eyes. No exceptions. Even if all they have is a head gear, somehow there is a shadow.

18 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

YOU!

Close to being the best proc quote ever.

I'm a bit disappointed they didn't bother with one of her JP crit quotes, 戦い...ます!(I... will fight!). It sounds generic, but it's actually her stopping and catching herself to use a more refined way of speech instead. She's so lovably awkward. Also an absolute beauty.

7 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

On top of all this, she’s also voiced by Julie Ann Taylor in FEH. At least for me, that’s certainly another plus as someone who’s also a fan of Cordelia and Severa / Selena.

I prefer my Japanese voice actors.

4 minutes ago, tobuShogi said:

Don't know if it's just me but the shadow from Nephenee's helmet over her eyes gives me a bad feeling for some reason.

She's just shy.

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

YOU!

Close to being the best proc quote ever.

Nothing beats Gwendolyn's 「重騎士は無敵!」, "Armor knights are invincible!"

5 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I'm a bit disappointed they didn't bother with one of her JP crit quotes, 戦い...ます!(I... will fight!). It sounds generic, but it's actually her stopping and catching herself to use a more refined way of speech instead. She's so lovably awkward. Also an absolute beauty.

This, really.

A lot of her voice lines have her stopping before finishing her verb to use the "more civilized", less colloquial conjugations that are generally used to speak to people you're not closely acquainted with (unlike in a small rural village where everyone knows each other).

37 minutes ago, Infinite Dreams said:

Just played through most of the new Warriors maps on my commute to work this morning.  They're easy, but a lot of fun.  I would like to see more maps like this.

Also, I have to admit it was kind of amusing watching all the enemies suicide onto my double Ike team.  (My Brave Ike has DC.)

Just in case you (or anyone else really) don't already know, these maps still reward the normal amount of SP per kill even after you clear them. The hard version of Camilla's map has 25 enemies total provided I didn't miscount so a unit can get a minimum of 75 SP per run and as much as 300 if you have the appropriate Valor skill and are playing on the x2 SP days. 

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

That's why I included the "at least for me" preface. I figured that you would feel that way.

13 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Same, though there are a few English voice actors/actresses that I really like, like Caitlin Glass. There are some times when the English performance is legitimately better or more fitting.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

Greedy notwithstanding, getting a +ATK Neph was awesome, but looking at the data, +SPD Neph would have been ridiculous... even a +SPD/-ATK Neph gets better results than literally any +ATK/bane nature.

She's still the fastest lance unit I have but the possibilities would have been something.

So... who are the fastest units in the game for each class? Sword/Lance/Axe/Dagger/B Tome/G Tome etc?

3 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Greedy notwithstanding, getting a +ATK Neph was awesome, but looking at the data, +SPD Neph would have been ridiculous... even a +SPD/-ATK Neph gets better results than literally any +ATK/bane nature.

She's still the fastest lance unit I have but the possibilities would have been something.

So... who are the fastest units in the game for each class? Sword/Lance/Axe/Dagger/B Tome/G Tome etc?

You know, Nephenee would actually be really good with a Wo Dao... Her spread is kinda similar to Selena's.

Fastest sword is Lon'qu I think? Not too sure about Lance, though. Axe is Anna, dagger is uh...Gaius? Celica is fastest Red tome, Linde is fastest Blue tome, and Nino is fastest Green tome.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

3 minutes ago, Zeo said:

S Looney Tunes - 39

L Clair - 36 alongside Lucina and Tana

A Anna - 38 alongside really Raven 35 + 3

RT - Katarina and Tharja 34, HM to Cellica due to Ragnarok

BT - Bride Caeda 37

GT - Nino 36

Bow - Gaius and Setsuna 37, HM to BLyn Murgleis boosted stats, and HM to Innes Owl Stack

Shuriken - 37 Felicia

Staff - 34 Maria and Bride Lyn

Red Dragon - Tiki Young 30

Blue Dragon - F Corrin 34

Green Dragon - Fae 28

I can add some extra class based ones if you want

5 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

S Looney Tunes - 39

L Clair - 36 alongside Lucina and Tana

A Anna - 38 alongside really Raven 35 + 3

RT - Katarina and Tharja 34, HM to Cellica due to Ragnarok

BT - Bride Caeda 37

GT - Nino 36

Bow - Gaius and Setsuna 37, HM to BLyn Murgleis boosted stats, and HM to Innes Owl Stack

Shuriken - 37 Felicia

Staff - 34 Maria and Bride Lyn

Red Dragon - Tiki Young 30

Blue Dragon - F Corrin 34

Green Dragon - Fae 28

I can add some extra class based ones if you want

Hm. Please do.

Cleared Warriors Maps, and besides the good amount of reinforcements, I enjoyed its music. Fates tracks were the best!

Also, Xander vs Camilla's Map, it was fucking hilarious seeing the map going against him, and him withstanding them with 46+ def plus Rein support. Also, Martyr Clarine flew everywhere and healed the shit of everyone. Best map ever, it feels as if I was LTCing good ol' FE games with a single unit. 11/10

I really enjoyed the latest maps, which is unusual for me and any map with reinforcements. It actually felt doable for once, though, which I enjoyed. I only died fully once on Takumi's map Lunatic mode. 

Also, my Lyn is definitely missing Kent... to the point that she has now S-Supported with Frederick. I did point out Seth was probably more like Kent, but apparently Seth and Clive were too busy S-Supporting xD