Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

4 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Seliph only meets his mother in the form of a ghost, and actually his father as well. Doesn't this tell you something?

Didn't expect that, did'ya?

In my castle, anything can change!

Edited by Vaximillian

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

7 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

In my castle, anything can change!

Zacharias is casting a Crusader Seal on your castle, making your pity rate be broken by Celica in your failing attempt to get Sigurd, and Camilla in your failing attempt to get Deirdre. He will let you get Tiltyu as a consolation prize, he's pure evil

14 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

*Vaximillian

I am very protective of my name, thank you very much.

Actually, I prefer Deirdre’s default art to Julia’s default art. Julia’s head is tilted in a such way that makes it appear too big.

I still want both :( Seliph would be delighted to meet his mother and sister in my castle!

(and his father too, but priorities)

I even looked at your username to make sure I spelled it right, but I guess I was too worried about getting enough ls to realize I messed up something else.

I don't really know what it is about Deirdre's art that bothers me; once the datamine happens and I can directly compare their art, I might have a better idea of why.

I wasn't a fan of Julia's art at first, because it makes her eyes look weirdly spaced apart... but then I noticed that her portrait in Genealogy makes her eyes look the exact same way. I found that connection way too cool (whether it was intentional or not) to continue disliking it. Plus the coloring gives it a mystical style that's very unique to her, and I'm really glad that they brought back the same artist for Deirdre. Same goes for Seliph and Sigurd, for that matter.

If I could get the whole family, then I would, but I need to have priorities as well. It does concern me that Tailtiu will likely make the drop to 4-star, though; I may actually go for Deirdre first just to make sure I get her at all. Again, I hate to continue repeating myself, but it really depends on what their stats are revealed to be in the next update.

10 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Sorry if I came up a bit aggressive there, it wasn't my intention, it's just that it's quite frustrating to miss this potential based on how most stuff is luck based. I recently got a dupe Takumi and he's basically being held in this mystic altar being praised and honoured by a cohort of Heroes, waiting to be named the Chosen One of close counter.

But yeah, it's wonderful when one achieves it (and kinda hyping when one imagines how godly your unit might turn out) ^^'

Nah, you're fine; I probably came off as too aggressive myself in my response, which wasn't my intent either. I tend to fantasize about unit potential more than I actually build them to that potential, so I'm just used to ignoring how rare some skills are when thinking about optimal sets. I have a line of units that want Distant Counter that's probably in the double digits now, so I probably wouldn't get to build my ideal Sigurd anyway, assuming I get him at all.

21 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Sorry if I came up a bit aggressive there, it wasn't my intention, it's just that it's quite frustrating to miss this potential based on how most stuff is luck based. I recently got a dupe Takumi and he's basically being held in this mystic altar being praised and honoured by a cohort of Heroes, waiting to be named the Chosen One of close counter.

But yeah, it's wonderful when one achieves it (and kinda hyping when one imagines how godly your unit might turn out) ^^'

Seliph only meets his mother in the form of a ghost, and actually his father as well. Doesn't this tell you something?

Didn't expect that, did'ya?

Close Counter Reinhardt is the GOATest of dream

6 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Close Counter Reinhardt is the GOATest of dream

I'm actually really close to it. And I have an Odin DARK. Don't give me ideas!

Funny because I met an enemy Blárblade CC Rein with Vantage on VG battles.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Almost 24 more hours until I get massively pissed. Massively pissed.

(or 25 depending on how fast I complete the paralogue)

Crimean banner got a full chapter. Genealogy better get the same treatment, I'm probably gonna need those 20 orbs (22-26 depending on Chain Challenge).

I guess they gave Tiltyu Blarblade since they knew it was the obvious choice of weapon. So save players the fodder and SP costs by just pre-loading her with it. Same reason we've been getting a ton of 5 star locked units pre-loaded with Death Blow and Moonbow.

1 minute ago, DefaultBeep said:

Crimean banner got a full chapter. Genealogy better get the same treatment, I'm probably gonna need those 20 orbs (22-26 depending on Chain Challenge).

It says in the trailer that it’s a paralogue.

7 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

It says in the trailer that it’s a paralogue.

Sh-

Great. Guess I'll be short on my predicted orbs. That's what I get for being too busy staring at Tailtiu and Ayra the skills instead of anything else. I don't think I even read the dialogue, now that I think about it. Maybe I rewatch the trailer for everything I missed...

Edit: Rewatched it. Interesting how Veronica and Deirdre talk about their brothers. I'm curious to see the full dialogue.

Edited by DefaultBeep

12 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Sh-

Great. Guess I'll be short on my predicted orbs. That's what I get for being too busy staring at Tailtiu and Ayra the skills instead of anything else. I don't think I even read the dialogue, now that I think about it. Maybe I rewatch the trailer for everything I missed...

Provided that they offer the Chain Challenge for Paralogue 13 by itself like Chapter 13, then there should be 14 orbs total from the maps, quests and Chain Challenge. At the very least, I'm sitting at 12 orbs (13 after the daily quest orb) so I'll be able to do a full pull from World of Holy War almost immediately tomorrow so my disappointment can be gotten over with that much sooner. After that though, my attention will shift back to Performing Arts because limited-time dancers and I'm nowhere nearly as enthused for World of Holy War as I was for Dauntless Crimeans. As gorgeous as they are, Tailtiu and Dierdre just aren't nearly as high on my list of favorites as Nephenee and Elincia are.

Just now, Tybrosion said:

Provided that they offer the Chain Challenge for Paralogue 13 by itself like Chapter 13, then there should be 14 orbs total from the maps, quests and Chain Challenge. At the very least, I'm sitting at 12 orbs (13 after the daily quest orb) so I'll be able to do a full pull from World of Holy War almost immediately tomorrow so my disappointment can be gotten over with that much sooner. After that though, my attention will shift back to Performing Arts because limited-time dancers and I'm nowhere nearly as enthused for World of Holy War as I was for Dauntless Crimeans. As gorgeous as they are, Tailtiu and Dierdre just aren't nearly as high on my list of favorites as Nephenee and Elincia are.

Sounds about right, yeah. I'm at 40 right now after all the daily orbs, mostly thanks to buying a 75 orb pack to try for Olivia and getting her before using all of them. I'm content with her, so Genealogy will be getting my full attention, for perhaps ironically the exact opposite reason. Nephenee, Elincia, and Oscar are all cool, I liked them in PoR (haven't played RD yet), and they all have very nice art, but the cast of Genealogy has a special place in my heart; Tailtiu in particular is one of my favorites from Gen 1, and is someone I never expected them to add so soon before other Genealogy characters. I would be heartbroken if I couldn't managed to get even one character from this banner, so every orb we get will be going straight to it.

22 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Sounds about right, yeah. I'm at 40 right now after all the daily orbs, mostly thanks to buying a 75 orb pack to try for Olivia and getting her before using all of them. I'm content with her, so Genealogy will be getting my full attention, for perhaps ironically the exact opposite reason. Nephenee, Elincia, and Oscar are all cool, I liked them in PoR (haven't played RD yet), and they all have very nice art, but the cast of Genealogy has a special place in my heart; Tailtiu in particular is one of my favorites from Gen 1, and is someone I never expected them to add so soon before other Genealogy characters. I would be heartbroken if I couldn't managed to get even one character from this banner, so every orb we get will be going straight to it.

Tellius was my starting point in FE so that would be why I had more interest in Dauntless Crimeans compared to World of Holy War. Don't get me wrong, Genealogy is excellent and is a title I enjoy going back to but I just naturally have a bias towards PoR and RD because of the nostalgia associated with them.

I do have to say that Tailtiu's inclusion on the first Genealogy is also quite surprising to me too. I was kinda expecting to see Quan and Ethlyn alongside Sigurd and Dierdre but they went with only three heroes again and I guess they didn't want to have one without the other.  

10 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I do have to say that Tailtiu's inclusion on the first Genealogy is also quite surprising to me too.

I want to get her so that she can be spared from her horrible fate :(

She is going to be safe in my castle.

11 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Tellius was my starting point in FE so that would be why I had more interest in Dauntless Crimeans compared to World of Holy War. Don't get me wrong, Genealogy is excellent and is a title I enjoy going back to but I just naturally have a bias towards PoR and RD because of the nostalgia associated with them.

I do have to say that Tailtiu's inclusion on the first Genealogy is also quite surprising to me too. I was kinda expecting to see Quan and Ethlyn alongside Sigurd and Dierdre but they went with only three heroes again and I guess they didn't want to have one without the other.  

Technically Sacred Stones and Awakening were my first games, but I used the Genealogy Spotpass characters so much in Awakening that I started growing more attached to them than the actual Awakening characters. Once I finally did play Genealogy, that just cemented my love for the cast, even if the game is admittedly not one that I go back to replay very much. Path of Radiance was very solid all around, but, maybe because it's the one I played most recently, I don't find myself as biased toward its characters compared to some other FE games.

I'm incredibly surprised that they didn't go with... anyone else, honestly. Tailtiu is one of the very last characters to join, and as far as I know, she's not one of the most popular characters. Lewyn, Brigid, Fury/Erin, Sylvia, Lex, Claude... all of these are characters that I thought were more popular, and they all have notable exclusive weapons except for Fury/Erin (Sylvia's isn't actually exclusive, but she's the one to get it, so it's still associated with her as far as I'm concerned). I can't say I'm complaining, though.

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I want to get her so that she can be spared from her horrible fate :(

She is going to be safe in my castle.

What'll you do when Hilda is released as a GHB unit?

15 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

What'll you do when Hilda is released as a GHB unit?

Sharena will take care of her.

Not letting her any close to Tailtiu or her kids in any case. Keeping her on an extremely short leash.

Edited by Vaximillian

14 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Sharena will take care of her.

Not letting her any close to Tailtiu or her kids in any case. Keeping her on an extremely short leash.

13 minutes ago, Hilda said:

She will be put on the throne of my castle atop the stairs and rule everyone! (or join a Team)

I see that you two have very different priorities in this case. You should probably keep your units away from each other, or things might get ugly.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS. I finally did it. I beat the Chain Challenge for Ch. 11 and 12. I was super surprised to. I managed to make it through 8 maps with Reinhardt, PA!Azura, Minerva, and Masked Marth. I used Cecilia, Roy, Ursula, and Brave Lyn for Map 9 and Part of Map 10. And then Nephenee, Ike, Merric, and Azura cleaned house because I made a stupid mistake. Man oh man am I glad that I don't have that looming over me anymore. >.> Now I just have paralogue 11 and 12 left to do...

Since everybody seems to be pretty sure the new characters we'll see tomorrow will participate in the next tempest trials: Is there any information if it will be a Mini-TT? 

I would prefer the smaller format, but the last time it didn't feature new units. 

@Rafiel's Aria I finished my remaining CCs yesterday, 11/12 were the crown. A good feeling, but now there is not much left to do now until tomorrow ...

Edited by mampfoid

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

Since everybody seems to be pretty sure the new characters we'll see tomorrow will participate in the next tempest trials: Is there any information if it will be a Mini-TT? 

I would prefer the smaller format, but the last time it didn't feature new units. 

mini tts are for returning rewards, and the only way there could be a tt with the fe4 units is if ayra was the reward, otherwise they'd have to leave someone out

so if they do an fe4 tt it'd be a new one not a mini

1 minute ago, unique said:

mini tts are for returning rewards, and the only way there could be a tt with the fe4 units is if ayra was the reward, otherwise they'd have to leave someone out

so if they do an fe4 tt it'd be a new one not a mini

Makes sense, thanks. I hope they will do a small one with the new characters anyway. Perhaps they got good feedback from the last Mini TT and change its role of being only a reward rerun.

Part of the premise of the mini TT was offering a second chance to get the seals and free unit from the first one. From what I understand, it's now possible to get any missed seals through Sacred Coins, but they'll still need to have some way of rerunning other units like Tobin and Clive. Although they could certainly be rewards in TTs that also offer a new bonus unit.

Still, I think they're likely to keep having a minimum of two weeks of TT per month, and I wouldn't expect more than one new TT unit per month. Personally, I'd love it if we got two mini TTs per month, one with a new unit and one with a rerun, but that could be a stretch.

22 minutes ago, Othin said:

[...] Personally, I'd love it if we got two mini TTs per month, one with a new unit and one with a rerun, but that could be a stretch.

That would be even better. Perhaps 3 Mini TT in two months would be enough. 

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

That would be even better. Perhaps 3 Mini TT in two months would be enough. 

no no no i really like to have a break now and then for TT max 1 mini TT per month. I'd rather see more Grand hero battles, i would like to have 2 GHB per months at least. Camus and Xander still didnt make it back with an Infernal mode...