Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

10 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Objectively better shouldnt be the word used to descrive genealogy compared to everyhing else :angry:

Just because Hardin isn’t there doesn’t mean Genealogy isn’t better than everything else :3

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Just because Hardin isn’t there doesn’t mean Genealogy isn’t better than everything else :3

I mean you cant say something is objectively better than others to begin with because tastes are subjective. Genealogy happen to have S P I R I T F O R E S T too

Also Mystery is GOAT because you can kill dragons, it had Hardin, and chapter 10 is the greatest philosophical question of the nature of human mind in video game form

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

1 hour ago, tobuShogi said:

It's actually not that bad unless you're aiming for high score. I only have Arvis(4*) and Lachesis and I've reached 20K score in 2 days time. And this is with me not getting perfect runs(granted it's near perfect but still) so it's definitely manageable if your goal is to get all of the rewards.  

Huh. Out of curiosity, have you used any stamina potions and what difficulty have you been playing?

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

Very much this. 4★ Arvis doesn’t have enough stats, doesn’t have Valflame, doesn’t have Renewal ring. He’s just not that good at 4★.

;)

Makes sense. Valflame and Recover ring are a big part of his appeal and his somewhat balanced stat spread is pretty underwhelming at 4* even with the TT boost and he can't abuse Fury due to the lack of his ring.

2 hours ago, phineas81707 said:

So what are the odds on Gen II Tempest next month? I'm approaching my next 20K feather bundle, but if Gen II is coming, I'm seeing Ishtar as the likely GHB...

Gen II seems like it would be not as likely, since most of the cast could be subbed out or not recruited as opposed to Gen 1, where you can get everybody.  Maybe there will be a FE5 Banner/Tempest next.

27 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

I was trying to think what would be after FE4. Warriors or FE5 or FE4 gen 2 would make sense right? But then I thought about what the leaker who predicted everything correctly. He said "No L'Archel for two months." And that deadline ends in November. So does that mean November will be FE8? Food for thought.

Didn't they say at least two months?  I thought it was because we got about 2 months worth of leaks and the Rachel wasn't in them, so it could be any time after that.

4 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

I lucked out and pulled Tailtiu yesterday so I don’t have to use Eldigan for the bonus. Even at -Spd she still has 43 after building her:

Hide contents

vojYbTD.png

does this please you @DefaultBeep

Nice! I like how I've apparently become the person to mention when pulling Tailtiu, haha. Although I suppose it's fitting, since I'm pretty sure I can tell her boon from memory (+Res, right?). I've thought about going back to try and get her with +Atk or +Spd, but I still hope to get Deirdre, so I'd like to keep hacking away at my 4.00% pity rate for her until then.

5 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

Huh. Out of curiosity, have you used any stamina potions and what difficulty have you been playing?

Nope, I haven't used a stamina potion yet and from the looks of it, I don't need to since I'm just aiming for all of the rewards. I am playing on Lunatic 7, which could be why I don't get perfect runs often but it's not that big of a deal. I usually get B rank for survival but A ranks in all other categories(I believe the score comes to 579 under those conditions and a max score of 604 if I get a perfect run). I do have to admit that I use my horse team + Lachesis for the triple points bonus but afterwards I use my Arvis team.   

Granted, I did give Arvis Rauorblade, Darting Blow 3 and Quick Riposte 2 to make him work as a 4* since I already have a Katarina as my go-to red mage. I'm honestly surprised that the team I put together actually works especially when it comes to speed ranking since I don't have an innate fast unit on my team. 

25 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

Recover ring 

Argh, I always misremember it as Renewal ring. Damn you, memory!

2 minutes ago, tobuShogi said:

Rauorblade

Rauðrblade. Or Raudhrblade if you can’t be bothered to look for ð. Alt+0240, by the way.

8 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Rauðrblade. Or Raudhrblade if you can’t be bothered to look for ð. Alt+0240, by the way.

Or -blade if you're lazy like me.  It's not like characters can wield weapons outside of their main type, anyway~!

3 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Or -blade if you're lazy like me.  It's not like characters can wield weapons outside of their main type, anyway~!

Just calling them blades works for me too.

But reading the names rendered so wrong makes me feel wrong. Call it Redblade if ð disgusts you, I dunno.

@Rezzy: Rawrblade is cute and I approve of it.

Edited by Vaximillian

10 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I say Rawrblade.  The alt codes don't seem to work on my laptop, and definitely not on mobile.

33 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Gen II seems like it would be not as likely, since most of the cast could be subbed out or not recruited as opposed to Gen 1, where you can get everybody.  Maybe there will be a FE5 Banner/Tempest next.

Same can be said for most other characters across the entire series. Bartre for instance, most annoying unit to pull in FEH as far as I can tell, can be entirely missed in Binding Blade if you opt to go to one village over the other.

The only truly limiting factor of Gen II is that almost every unit bar a select few has varied stats and growths based on who the father was, as do the children of Awakening and Fates. In this game where every unit has static max level stats (with alterations of course), that might cause issue (where the only child unit we've gotten so far is Lucina, not counting Shigure in all his ranged dancer glory).

Edited by Xenomata

3 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Same can be said for most other characters across the entire series. Bartre for instance, most annoying unit to pull in FEH as far as I can tell, can be entirely missed in Binding Blade if you opt to go to one village over the other.

The only truly limiting factor of Gen II is that almost every unit bar a select few has varied stats and growths based on who the father was, as do the children of Awakening and Fates

Bartre was pretty prominently featured in FE7, and you had to use him to recruit everybody, so he had that going for him.  I'm not sure sure they went with his FE6 version, maybe they just couldn't resist the mustache. 

8 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Bartre was pretty prominently featured in FE7, and you had to use him to recruit everybody, so he had that going for him.  I'm not sure sure they went with his FE6 version, maybe they just couldn't resist the mustache. 

Same can actually be said for Karel. Completely missable in Blazing, yet he is still here in all his teenage edginess (taken to the extreme).

Oh, and Sonya from Echoes. Between her and Deen, it's completely up to the player even if Sonya has more lore and more... lore if you know what I mean.

Though who could hate dat stache OH WAIT WE ALL DO GO AWAY BARTRE.

...ahem, anyways I honestly do believe a possible Gen II banner and TT is possible. If they really wanted to they could just act like the obtaining of every child of the Gen I cast is the canon path, since it seems like it's canon for all units the army can possibly recruit to be recruited, and also live the entire game.

Edited by Xenomata

7 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Of course that impostor doesn’t count. That ain’t Shigure.

You're right, Actual Shigure is wearing too much. :P:

23 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I'll have to commit that to memory. Which language is ð is from? 

21 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

@tobuShogi out of curiosity, what's your horse team?

I run Camus/Cecilia/Reinhardt/BH!Roy but Roy usually gets replaced by bonus units when I play TT and arena.

I'm honestly at a loss for what might be the next banner

My heart says a Halloween banner or anything involving my favorite characters

My brain says Radiant Dawn or Thracia since they've barely been covered

My gut says something out left field like something Binding Blade/Blazing Sword related

Edited by SilvertheShadow

Just now, SilvertheShadow said:

My guts says something out left field like something Binding Blade/Blazing Sword related

Most likely Halloween because event banners are a month long and having it be the start of next month works. Then again, they surprised us with not having Halloween this month.

Also speaking of Arvis, I really wish we had a good bulky red mage to use the Red Raven Tome on (Sophia's too slow and Henry is slow AND has poor damage). Maybe even something like Robin where he can have a decent speed. I wonder who would be a good character to use for this red bulky mage? (Darn you squishy mage tropes!)

10 minutes ago, tobuShogi said:

I'll have to commit that to memory. Which language is ð is from? 

Historically used in Old Norse and Old and Middle English, currently retained by Icelandic and Faroese. Mostly replaced by d everywhere else.

24 minutes ago, eclipse said:

You're right, Actual Shigure is wearing too much. :P:

And yet the real one is one of the few characters in Fates who doesn't mind getting a bath towel as a gift. He appreciates the artistic nude, the ideal of the human body, purely natural, elegant in design, and ever so sensual both physically and spiritually.

However, Shigure has yet to put his modeling skills to work! Oliver, would you mind patronizing Forde's artistic endeavors? In return, you shall receive a large painting depicting "The Embrace of Palludio and Aramea" the doomed lovers of Nohrian legend. When their families refused to acknowledge their love, they ran away. Discovering where they had gone a few day later, the two angry families grabbed their weapons and summoned their hunting dogs. On the run and realizing their romance was forfeit, the two ran into a lake in the forest where they hid. As they kissed, their arms wrapped tightly around each other, they let themselves sink to the bottom of the pond, drowning as one, rather than be forced apart alive. Their bodies never surfaced, a refusal to return to their families above. Nor, for the lake was so deep, could they be retrieved. It is said their boundless love made that so.

Now, who shall be the Aramea to Shigure's magnificent Palludio? Perhaps Inigo could be made to work with enough cosmetic adjustments. He does make handsome dancer, more so than Shigure. 

Nah, let's go with Rinea.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

24 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And yet the real one is one of the few characters in Fates who doesn't mind getting a bath towel as a gift. He appreciates the artistic nude, the ideal of the human body, purely natural, elegant in design, and ever so sensual both physically and spiritually.

However, Shigure has yet to put his modeling skills to work! Oliver, would you mind patronizing Forde's artistic endeavors? In return, you shall receive a large painting depicting "The Embrace of Palludio and Aramea" the doomed lovers of Nohrian legend. When their families refused to acknowledge their love, they ran away. Discovering where they had gone a few day later, the two angry families grabbed their weapons and summoned their hunting dogs. On the run and realizing their romance was forfeit, the two ran into a lake in the forest where they hid. As they kissed, their arms wrapped tightly around each other, they let themselves sink to the bottom of the pond, drowning as one, rather than be forced apart alive. Their bodies never surfaced, a refusal to return to their families above. Nor, for the lake was so deep, could they be retrieved. It is said their boundless love made that so.

Now, who shall be the Aramea to Shigure's magnificent Palludio? Perhaps Inigo could be made to work with enough cosmetic adjustments. He does make handsome dancer, more so than Shigure. 

Nah, let's go with Rinea.

Pfft, Oliver's funding should go to the one and only Kagero!  Otherwise, she'll shank him with a Poison Dagger~! :P:

Though if anyone were to drown in Shigure's magnificent embrace, it shall be none other than Faye. . .well, at least it would make Echoes a better game. :P:

1 hour ago, SilvertheShadow said:

My gut says something out left field like something Binding Blade/Blazing Sword related

I was never questioning Gen II being next banner, anyway. I was thinking 'second November banner'.

...I'm almost inclined to keep the feathers regardless.