• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

So what's the hype behind seasonal units, anyway? It seems so much more hype than with other banners, and I don't understand where the people are coming from...

I'm hyped for the easy orbs, always happy for more easy orbs so I can spend them on the next real banner

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

So what's the hype behind seasonal units, anyway? It seems so much more hype than with other banners, and I don't understand where the people are coming from...

I think it's mostly special units like the mage fliers, green dancers or Bride Cordelia and her super good stats

Or a bit minor, but maybe people who like the idea of giving joke weapons to their units

Also maybe the special version has better stats/art compared to the original character (again, Cordelia's art). For example, if we get armoured mage Henry, that would be a huge upgrade compared to his normal version.

Hmmm as unlikely as it is, Miriel would have been pretty fitting to be a Halloween witch with her hat.

2 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

I think it's mostly special units like the mage fliers, green dancers or Bride Cordelia and her super good stats

Or a bit minor, but maybe people who like the idea of giving joke weapons to their units

Also maybe the special version has better stats/art compared to the original character (again, Cordelia's art). For example, if we get armoured mage Henry, that would be a huge upgrade compared to his normal version.

Hmmm as unlikely as it is, Miriel would have been pretty fitting to be a Halloween witch with her hat.

I just like alternate outfits, really.

I mean I'm usually picky, but the dancer banner was the exception if anyone here knows me.

1 minute ago, Mackc2 said:

I'm hyped for the easy orbs, always happy for more easy orbs so I can spend them on the next real banner

Same here. I just don't see how people look at the special banners and go 'I'm going to spend all of the money on that' as opposed to other banners, even well before they're announced to exist.

2 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Also good ideas, but... it doesn't seem as worth the massive hype the banners get.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

But I like Cordelia’s art :( and femCorrin’s too.

I like them both (and Hinata and Oboro), but Cordelia's standard art looks weird to me. The rest of her poses are fine, though.

16 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

But I like Cordelia’s art :( and femCorrin’s too.

There's more general appeal with the special Cordelia art. I don't mind fem Corrin's normal art as well, but for me Cordelia's art looks a bit dull and the proportions of her face, forehead are a bit off to me. In contrast, Bride Cordelia had a lot more colours and a brighter palette, with more lighting effects.

@phineas81707 That's fair. I guess some people are just more connected to whatever character was featured in the banner as well.

Or let's say, if they released a Spring Florina or something that finally gives her a good niche, then fans of the character who were really disappointed by vanilla Florina would like to use her. 

Also there's also the collectors, they might not care about a unit's stats but because the banners are limited, they just want to collect that character for completion's sake. There's a few different reasons for different people.

As for spending money for it I think that depends on the person. I haven't spent any money yet so I'm not really the best judge to that.

@shadowofchaos

I'm usually a bit neutral at special banners, until the dancer banner- not just for the utility but also because it's great and inspirational to see Inigo finally realising his dream and dancing :)

Now just come to my barracks and inspire me to follow my dreams, too

Well that and Nohrzura, since I'm a fan of the design so finally being able to play that version of her is pretty cool. Olivia had really good art and I just like her design overall and I love fans used as weapons, so I liked her, too.

Shigure I'm actually a bit neutral about but there is a case where people who are fans of Shigure and who has never appeared as a normal unit before would love to have the special version just so they can say they have a Shigure (even if he's not a flier).

Edited by mcsilas

4 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Or let's say, if they released a Spring Florina or something that finally gives her a good niche, then fans of the character who were really disappointed by vanilla Florina would like to use her. 

I'd say that explains the pre-hype, but I'm just too cynical to expect anyone I can even recognise to appear on a banner. Caeda and Lyn were it...

20 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Also there's also the collectors, they might not care about a unit's stats but because the banners are limited, they just want to collect that character for completion's sake. 

Ding ding ding!

I'm gonna be playing this game for a long time. I might nab Deirdre at any time off-focus, but I can't get these guys again. Even if you could somehow confirm for me these banners would reappear a year later or as some mechanic, I would still save orbs exclusively for seasonal banners. My only regret for this strategy is I'm sure IS looks at user orb spending habits, and the only data I send them is "More Awakening/Fates costumes please" when that's the opposite of what I want.

I'm not surprised there's a Halloween banner, but yeah, I'm also getting really sick of these seasonal banners.  I always pull on them anyway, but I would prefer new characters.  I must confess I loved the dancer banner, though... :unsure:  

I'm also not a fan of the 3-person banners where only 1 person gets demoted to 4-5* rarity.  They need to change things up, stat.  The 3-4* pool is getting dry and the game is getting overloaded with 5* exclusives.  (This complaint seems to be a common one.)  IS has been pretty good at listening to feedback in the past, so hopefully they do something to rectify this situation in the near future.  

8 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Ding ding ding!

I'm gonna be playing this game for a long time. I might nab Deirdre at any time off-focus, but I can't get these guys again. Even if you could somehow confirm for me these banners would reappear a year later or as some mechanic, I would still save orbs exclusively for seasonal banners. My only regret for this strategy is I'm sure IS looks at user orb spending habits, and the only data I send them is "More Awakening/Fates costumes please" when that's the opposite of what I want.

Well, sure, but you don't seem hyped.

The reddit thread is basically 'oh my goodness this is the greatest thing since sliced bread', and I'm still not sure how.

2 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

The reddit thread is basically 'oh my goodness this is the greatest thing since sliced bread', and I'm still not sure how.

Oh

Well Reddit is akin to pack of dogs going for a ride in the car. Every day is an exciting day for them.

5 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Reddit's not exactly the best place to form opinions about, similarly to how you can't just base SF for the Voting Gauntlet winner for example. Different sites have different concentrations of audiences.

also yes as someone who likes secondary characters more than main characters, it's kind of a bummer that the ones you form attachments to are less likely to have special treatment like special versions or better stats/skills. At the end of the day there is a business they have to try and make money from and the best way to do that is to cater to the most general and most main characters as shown through a popularity poll.

FE was declining in sales until the 3DS era so they have to focus on the games that made money and revived the series to try and get money for new things like art, characters, etc. Yes it's unfortunate for older series fans but at least they showed they were willing to throw a bone with Lyn/Caeda. I remember reading an interview for Warriors and just like how Marth is the first FE character the Japanese had been introduced to, Lyn is the first FE character for the West (hence her sudden inclusion in that game). I expect that's the same reason she was included as a bride unit.

as for Caeda, she's kind of iconic for SD so just like she was put in for Warriors, she is there in the Bride banner (i speculate anyway). And hey at least it's an alternate version of her that isn't as bad as her sword flier version.

As for Halloween hype, it may depend on the region. I'm meh about Halloween since it seems more to be an American thing. I guess just take the speculation hype with salt the silhouettes are just there to generate discussion. It's best to just wait until the trailer anyway

It's not ideal but I guess i just take what i can get.

i guess i just have to keep sending more feedback though to try and get heard for more non-Special characters.

I purposefully skipped every seasonal banner except for the dancer one. Not a big fan of characters in silly not-fitting-for-battle outfits. The dancers, at the very least, you can justify their costumes because they're just actual refreshers being refreshers.

Edited by Sunwoo

3 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Keep that thing away.  I don't know why they have the Halloween Banner just one day before Halloween.  Come November, people move on to other holidays.

The timing of this banner puts the banner's characters as Arena bonus heroes on Halloween. Easter did the exact same thing.

1 minute ago, DefaultBeep said:

Oh yeah, we're getting Ursula in like twenty minutes. Is this her first rerun, or second? I cannot remember at this point.

Second.

Edited by Ice Dragon

2 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Oh yeah, we're getting Ursula in like twenty minutes. Is this her first rerun, or second? I cannot remember at this point.

I really wish they stop doing GHBs/reruns during Tempest Trial period :/

It was annoying when Legion and its rerun was running at the same time as a TT

Give me a Warriors map replacement instead and I'll be happy

6 hours ago, phineas81707 said:

You know, I'd actually be down for a few skills like those, that encourage lore-based combinations instead of movement-type combinations.

Granted, it's a little hard to say which characters count as villains (does Katarina? Navarre?) as well as potential spoilers, but it'd be a fun time regardless.

Dungeons & Dragons has got nine alignments (due to the combination of the "evil, neutral & good" and the "chaotic, neutral & lawful" axes) and it's still not easy to categorize everyone.  

With the lack of character development and thus possible alignment changes in FEH, it would be even more difficult to categorize. 

I wouldn't say I'm a fan of evil characters in general, but without an interesting antagonist, most stories get dull very fast. The alignment could be more present in FEH, to make it feel less like an all-star meeting. 

@Halloween: better have a flying red mage or at least a headless Cav, otherwise you won't get my (few) orbs. Really! 

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Second.

Darn, that means I missed her last quest 3-star copy then. Not that I particularly care about her, but I was hoping I hadn't missed any of her copies all the same.

8 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

I really wish they stop doing GHBs/reruns during Tempest Trial period :/

It was annoying when Legion and its rerun was running at the same time as a TT

Give me a Warriors map replacement instead and I'll be happy

I'm looking forward to the orbs since they'll get me up to a good 16 or so, and I still need to use up my pity rate on the Holy War banner (preferably for Deirdre, although Hector or Amelia would not be unwelcome given my current projects) but it is kinda annoying when they take up so much stamina. At least I've finally got a somewhat decent stock of stamina potions saved up again.

Finally went and 5 starred Alfonse. He already had a brave sword+ from that pity breaker Ogma, so all I needed afterwards was 20k feathers to 5* him. Considering upgrading the brash assault seal and giving him desperation for the quad meme set.

Funny how Sharena's the only starter not at 5* for me despite being considered the best starter back in the early days. She's fallen off pretty hard since then.

Edited by Korath88

41 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

@eclipse I think you were right, evil Sigurd doesn't need the eyepatch.  

Seeing your PP, that would imply mustache and beard makes for an evil person and i find that offensive

#StachEquality

#BearDoNothingWrong