Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Amusingly enough, I got CYL Lucina and Ike before their regular variants.

I got CYL Ike during the CYL banner, then regular Ike during the PoR tempest. Today I got CYL Lucina, and haven’t got regulat Lucina at all yet.

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

I've seen some pretty low Res values in my time, but this is the lowest I've seen yet:

Spoiler

VTlUYNB.jpg

The meeting between -Res, Life and Death, inverted Fortify Fliers, and Res Ploy...now if only she were +0.

Edited by LordFrigid

24 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

I've seen some pretty low Res values in my time, but this is the lowest I've seen yet:

Hide contents

VTlUYNB.jpg

The meeting between -Res, Life and Death, inverted Fortify Fliers, and Res Ploy...now if only she were +0.

Wow...that's super low...how'd you get her to +10? I was lucky to get just the one.

13 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Saias being 27 in Thracia doesn’t make much sense with these numbers. Someone must have screwed up when doing the math. Or they never bothered to do any math at all, that’s possible too.

I'm only looking at the numbers on SF's Character Ages page. It oddly doesn't say where the numbers for T776 came from, despite saying so for other games. Misha is oddly put at being "Around 20?". She looks older than that to me, possibly her thirties. Shiva is also listed as 30, which is possible visually, it is but one year beyond the twenties, but normally Navarres are younger than that, heck SD notes only put Navarre who looks like the oldest of the Navarrs in his mid twenties. Then there is the matter of Bastian in Tellius, the PoR Recollection says he's 24!

Do the apples fall far from the tree?

Well Arvis, Azelle, and Victor are of red hair. I guess the Velthomer family is a family of baked apples. Though Azelle is sweet enough to be a candy apple instead.

Supports, conversations, memory prisms, there are so many ways to expand on the relationships between characters, to give insights into their behaviour. So much left unexplored. This is easily the thing that makes me the most excited for a possibility of remakes for the Jugdral dilogy (along with graphical updates and music remixes), and not the gameplay improvements.

I’m a weird one, I know.

You're not weird, I too look forward to what they could add in the Jugdral remakes to characterization. I'm expecting just the usual supports between people who know each other in Thracia, no total oddballs like the all-time support classic of Rolf-Tauroneo.

This said, even if we know the synergies and have a general idea of each character's personality thanks to the base games, there are plenty I'll be eagerly reading. For T766, they would include: Linoan-Deen, Diarmuid-Finn, Saias-Marita, Sara-Salem (hope there will be some Loptyr Cult worldbuilding), Leif-Miranda. Xavier and Glade might be able to reminisce on the fall of Leonster. And then there are those like Cain (yes, they turned Kein into a second Cain), Alva, Robert, Ralph and Carrion who get actual personalities at long last. 

For Genealogy, I tried compiling a set of who would possibly get who for 1st gen same sex (friendship) supports:

Spoiler

Males:

• Sigurd: Quan, Alec, Naoise, Arden, Lewyn (I was considering Claud, but nah)
  • Alec, Naoise, Arden: each other plus Sigurd
  • Quan: Sigurd, Finn
  • Finn: Quan, Beowolf (because Thracia has Finn!Nanna, but implies Beowolf!Diarmuid)
  • Lex: Azelle, Chulainn
  • Azelle: Lex, Midale (maybe Claud, but that'd be too peaceful)
  • Midale: Azelle, Jamke
  • Dew: Jamke, Beowolf (because one is a thief, the other a mercenary, both like money)
  • Jamke: Dew, Midale
  • Chulainn: Lex, Claud
  • Beowolf: Dew, Finn
  • Lewyn: Sigurd, Claud
  • Claud: Lewyn, Chulainn (because I couldn't think of anyone else)

Females:

• Ethlyn: Deidre, Ayra (because she comes early and Ethlyn leaves early)
  • Edain: Brigid, Deirdre(?)
  • Ayra: Ethlyn, Lachesis (also a half sister with a beloved half-brother in trouble/dead), Erinys
  • Deidre: Ethlyn, Edain
  • Lachesis: Ayra, Tailtiu
  • Erinys: Silvia, Tailtiu
  • Silvia: Erinys, Briggid (one is a pirate, the other was raised by brutes to dance)
  • Briggid: Edain, Silvia 
  • Tailtu: Lachesis, Erinys

10 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Also if you think Jugdral writer sucks at math you need to see the interpretation for Leif age in every adaptation because its NEVER consistent.

How would Lief of all people have an inconsistent age? The Illustrated Works timeline says explicitly 760 Jugdral Count (JC is my own term) for his birth year. And even discounting that, we know the year of the massacre in Yied Desert, just before which it is said Ethlyn recently gave birth to Leif.

Roy if you ask me seems to be more inconsistent of visual age. FE6 makes him look very shota-tastic. Melee makes him look a little older. The Heroes of Yore Einherjar design looks a little older than that. And Smash 4 Roy is actually Ike's and Titania's (or Jill's) child, and not the real Roy because he looks way too manly and too old. Don't know about the other designs for him.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

18 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And Smash 4 Roy is actually Ike's and Titania's (or Jill's) child, and not the real Roy because he looks way too manly and too old. Don't know about the other designs for him.

Are you spreading rumors about me?  I wore this for Greil!

03gxSld.png

35 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm only looking at the numbers on SF's Character Ages page. It oddly doesn't say where the numbers for T776 came from, despite saying so for other games. Misha is oddly put at being "Around 20?". She looks older than that to me, possibly her thirties. Shiva is also listed as 30, which is possible visually, it is but one year beyond the twenties, but normally Navarres are younger than that, heck SD notes only put Navarre who looks like the oldest of the Navarrs in his mid twenties. Then there is the matter of Bastian in Tellius, the PoR Recollection says he's 24!

Well Arvis, Azelle, and Victor are of red hair. I guess the Velthomer family is a family of baked apples. Though Azelle is sweet enough to be a candy apple instead.

You're not weird, I too look forward to what they could add in the Jugdral remakes to characterization. I'm expecting just the usual supports between people who know each other in Thracia, no total oddballs like the all-time support classic of Rolf-Tauroneo.

This said, even if we know the synergies and have a general idea of each character's personality thanks to the base games, there are plenty I'll be eagerly reading. For T766, they would include: Linoan-Deen, Diarmuid-Finn, Saias-Marita, Sara-Salem (hope there will be some Loptyr Cult worldbuilding), Leif-Miranda. Xavier and Glade might be able to reminisce on the fall of Leonster. And then there are those like Cain (yes, they turned Kein into a second Cain), Alva, Robert, Ralph and Carrion who get actual personalities at long last. 

For Genealogy, I tried compiling a set of who would possibly get who for 1st gen same sex (friendship) supports:

Reveal hidden contents

Males:

• Sigurd: Quan, Alec, Naoise, Arden, Lewyn (I was considering Claud, but nah)
  • Alec, Naoise, Arden: each other plus Sigurd
  • Quan: Sigurd, Finn
  • Finn: Quan, Beowolf (because Thracia has Finn!Nanna, but implies Beowolf!Diarmuid)
  • Lex: Azelle, Chulainn
  • Azelle: Lex, Midale (maybe Claud, but that'd be too peaceful)
  • Midale: Azelle, Jamke
  • Dew: Jamke, Beowolf (because one is a thief, the other a mercenary, both like money)
  • Jamke: Dew, Midale
  • Chulainn: Lex, Claud
  • Beowolf: Dew, Finn
  • Lewyn: Sigurd, Claud
  • Claud: Lewyn, Chulainn (because I couldn't think of anyone else)

Females:

• Ethlyn: Deidre, Ayra (because she comes early and Ethlyn leaves early)
  • Edain: Brigid, Deirdre(?)
  • Ayra: Ethlyn, Lachesis (also a half sister with a beloved half-brother in trouble/dead), Erinys
  • Deidre: Ethlyn, Edain
  • Lachesis: Ayra, Tailtiu
  • Erinys: Silvia, Tailtiu
  • Silvia: Erinys, Briggid (one is a pirate, the other was raised by brutes to dance)
  • Briggid: Edain, Silvia 
  • Tailtu: Lachesis, Erinys

How would Lief of all people have an inconsistent age? The Illustrated Works timeline says explicitly 760 Jugdral Count (JC is my own term) for his birth year. And even discounting that, we know the year of the massacre in Yied Desert, just before which it is said Ethlyn recently gave birth to Leif.

Roy if you ask me seems to be more inconsistent of visual age. FE6 makes him look very shota-tastic. Melee makes him look a little older. The Heroes of Yore Einherjar design looks a little older than that. And Smash 4 Roy is actually Ike's and Titania's (or Jill's) child, and not the real Roy because he looks way too manly and too old. Don't know about the other designs for him.

IIRC its caused by how hes presented in all of the Gen 2 Backstory stuff where in one he's 3 when at the same time span he's a baby in other material

But hey he's consistently the main character of Gen 2 so he's got that going for him(seriously when the game questioned why he's so relevant you know something is wrong)

Isn't Seliph's age also kind of inconsistent in Jugdral too? Also, are all of the second gen kids older than or at least conceived around the Barhara incident? Unless both parents survived, it'd be quite odd if one of them was like ... 12.

EDIT: And how old was Julius when he went all crazy? Because one source I read said that it was seven years ago prior to the start of gen 2. And you can't expect me to believe he had a serious relationship with Ishtar when they were like, 10, or at least serious enough for her to stay with him because she likes the real him.

Edited by Sunwoo

22 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Isn't Seliph's age also kind of inconsistent in Jugdral too? Also, are all of the second gen kids older than or at least conceived around the Barhara incident? Unless both parents survived, it'd be quite odd if one of them was like ... 12.

They are conceived before, the confusion mostly comes from gameplay not perfectly picturing when they are born

For the record, if they are conceived around close to Balhalla they should be 15+. Belhalla Massacre is Gran 761, and Seliph campaign is around Gran 776/777.

Seliph age is consistently on 17-19 area iirc

The main stupidity about Saias is exactly because he's born at Gran 749, which basically makes it so that Aida and Arvis had their relationship WAYYYYYYYYYY before Deidre. To give an idea, when Sigurd campaign began, Saias is 8 years old.  Sigurd is 25 on his death, so he should be 23 when his campaign began. Assuming Arvis is same age as Sigurd, he had Saias when he were 15 making him easilly the youngest father in FE4 since Finn and the younger ones is around 16-17 when they had their firstborn

Also the age stuff of Jugdral being hilarious isn't THAT surprising. Ethlyn had Altenna around 14-16. I mean i know people would sometimes forgot that Sigurd is supposed to be the older sibling since the game even potrayed her as the older sister, but she's actually much younger than Sigurd, which means she's younger than Quan

Ethlyn literally looks like a child to adult Quan in that particular homosexual Finn Glade image so that should tell you how fucked up ages are in Jugdral when you tried applying real life logic in it

Longago.jpg

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

28 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

EDIT: And how old was Julius when he went all crazy? Because one source I read said that it was seven years ago prior to the start of gen 2. And you can't expect me to believe he had a serious relationship with Ishtar when they were like, 10, or at least serious enough for her to stay with him because she likes the real him.

I believe Tine and Coirpre are conceived after Belhalla, so in these cases both parents survived. The rest are older, barring Fee and Nanna possibly.

As for Julius the script of FE4 Fina Chapterl says it was seven years prior when Julius got possessed. Since Yied happens in 761, Julius and Julia are probably born in 762, early 763 at the latest. Since the liberation of Jugdral happens in 776, early 777 at the latest, that means Julius and Julia are 15 at the oldest. So Julius became Loptyr at age 8. 

Meaning Ishtar must have been a childhood friend of Julius's for her to know his real self. Or, Hilda, who only cares about herself, has been trying to arrange their marriage since the day the second of them was born. Hence she forced the innocent and unknowing Ishtar into meeting Julius at a young age so they could fall in love quickly and certainly so she could become an Empress Dowager of sorts once Arvis dies.

12 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Ethlyn literally looks like a child to adult Quan in that particular homosexual Finn Glade image so that should tell you how fucked up ages are in Jugdral when you tried applying real life logic in it

You mean this one?

Spoiler

Longago.jpg

Wow, you're right! Glade get a room! Assuming you're not harassing Finn. In which case, police!

Ethlyn doesn't look like her usual self at all! Sepia, the attire, the hairdo, and face- all is wrong. Quan looks more like Finn than Finn does!

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I believe Tine and Coirpre are conceived after Belhalla, so in these cases both parents survived. The rest are older, barring Fee and Nanna possibly.

As for Julius the script of FE4 Fina Chapterl says it was seven years prior when Julius got possessed. Since Yied happens in 761, Julius and Julia are probably born in 762, early 763 at the latest. Since the liberation of Jugdral happens in 776, early 777 at the latest, that means Julius and Julia are 15 at the oldest. So Julius became Loptyr at age 8. 

Meaning Ishtar must have been a childhood friend of Julius's for her to know his real self. Or, Hilda, who only cares about herself, has been trying to arrange their marriage since the day the second of them was born. Hence she forced the innocent and unknowing Ishtar into meeting Julius so they could fall in love quickly and certainly so she could become an Empress Dowager of sorts once Arvis dies.

You mean this one?

Hide contents

Longago.jpg

Wow, you're right! Glade get a room! Assuming you're not harassing Finn. In which case, police!

Ethlyn doesn't look like her usual self at all! Sepia, the attire, the hairdo, and face- all is wrong. Quan looks more like Finn than Finn does!

Finn legit looks like Leif in that image

Quan actually looks like Quan in that image, because the artwork creator of Jugdral had this weird fetish of turning Quan into a random Asian by squinting his eyes randomly

Something that even Mitsuki Oosawa is fond of

Weird fetish i know

15 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Meaning Ishtar must have been a childhood friend of Julius's for her to know his real self. Or, Hilda, who only cares about herself, has been trying to arrange their marriage since the day the second of them was born. Hence she forced the innocent and unknowing Ishtar into meeting Julius at a young age so they could fall in love quickly and certainly so she could become an Empress Dowager of sorts once Arvis dies.

Okay, so, if Coirpre is conceived after Belhalla, then does that mean whoever is his father always survives long enough for Sylvia to have him? Doesn't that eliminate Claude, or is it fuzzy when exactly he got killed?

If Julius was really 8 years old when he got possessed, then I'm REALLY not buying Ishtar's reason for staying beside him. The game seems to imply that Ishtar genuinely cares about Julius, or the nice boy that he used to be. If it was an arranged marriage thing, I'm not sure if he's be that genuinely fond of him. At the very least, I get the idea that she stays with him not out of duty, but for love. Also, I highly doubt eight-year-olds can comprehend love that Julius and Ishtar are supposed to have at that age, so I'm just ... yeah. Fuck this timeline.

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

At the very least, I get the idea that she stays with him not out of duty, but for love

If you've been told "You will love him, you will" by Hilda, and he's said "I love you, don't you love me?" in an atmosphere where there is no room for dissenting, and is never given a moment to question Julius's state of mind, or if you yourself truly want him now or have ever truly wanted him, I think it is understandable. Years, basically her whole life, of massive peer pressure, combined with those good early childhood memories together, may have forced Ishtar to believe she genuinely loves Julius of her own free will, that he has not changed (partly this may be a coping mechanism, everything might be), and that she loves him too much to consider what she is doing an act of duty because the love is so real and so deep that it was never duty. If she cannot envision her staying by him as an act of duty, she cannot remotely fathom the idea of leaving him.

I haven't analyzed the script close enough to determine if this is the case. Still, Ishtar might be, not a victim of Stockholm Syndrome, but nonetheless a warped psyche unable to break from its prison and find help. 

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

Okay, so, if Coirpre is conceived after Belhalla, then does that mean whoever is his father always survives long enough for Sylvia to have him? Doesn't that eliminate Claude, or is it fuzzy when exactly he got killed?

I'd say its fuzzy. SF has no sources which say when Claud died, not in the notes for FE4 or 5, not in the script of Thracia either. Given FE5 canonizes ErinysxLewyn, the most pushed pairing for Erinys, which steals one Silvia's two most pushed pairing, and we see Coirpre around, there is a probably that Claud lived post-Behalla. 

Also, I just noticed only the first, second, and part of the fifth of 6 Treasure Artbook pages where Kaga was interviewed are translated on SF. Is the rest translated elsewhere? If not can we get them translated?

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

At the very least, I get the idea that she stays with him not out of duty, but for love

If you've been told "You will love him, you will" by Hilda, and he's said "I love you, don't you love me?" in an atmosphere where there is no room for dissenting, and is never given a moment to question Julius's state of mind, or if you yourself truly want him now or have ever truly wanted him, I think it is understandable. Massive peer pressure, combined with those good early childhood memories together, may have forced Ishtar to believe she genuinely loves Julius of her own free will, that he has not changed (partly this may be a coping mechanism, everything might be), and that she loves him too much to consider what she is doing an act of duty because the love is so real and so deep that it was never duty. If she cannot envision her staying by him as an act of duty, she cannot remotely fathom the idea of leaving him.

I haven't analyzed the script close enough to determine if this is the case. Still, Ishtar might be, not a victim of Stockholm Syndrome, but nonetheless a warped psyche unable to break from its prison and find help. 

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

I'd say its fuzzy. SF has no sources which say when Claud died, not in the notes for FE4 or 5, not in the script of Thracia either. Given FE5 canonizes ErinysxLewyn, the most pushed pairing for Erinys, which steals one Silvia's two most pushed pairing, and we see Coirpre around, there is a probably that Claud lived post-Behalla. 

Also, I just noticed only the first, second, and part of the fifth of 6 Treasure Artbook pages where Kaga was interviewed are translated on SF. Is the rest translated elsewhere? If not can we get them translated?

Wow... +ATK Lilina can't kill Hector without Axebreaker or TA3, let alone +RES Lillina. Not even DB3 is enough to kill him if he has any sort of buff or is even +RES/+HP or has an HP, Distant Def or Deflect Magic seal at their lowest levels.

With Celica, Sophia and Arvis all filling the roles of Nuke, Counter Breaker and Offensive Support/Healer I really don't know where Lillina is supposed to fit in. Why couldn't they just give me Ayra?

Edited by Zeo

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

Wow... +ATK Lilina can't kill Hector without Axebreaker or TA3, let alone +RES Lillina. Not even DB3 is enough to kill him if he has any sort of buff or is even +RES/+HP or has an HP, Distant Def or Deflect Magic seal at their lowest levels.

With Celica, Sophia and Arvis all filling the roles of Nuke, Counter Breaker and Offensive Support/Healer I really don't know where Lillina is supposed to fit in. Why couldn't they just give me Ayra?

Are you using Bolganone+ or Rauorblade+/Raudhrblade+? Because +Att -Spd Lilina can one-shot Hector, even with Fortify Armor and +Res or +HP, with just plain Eirika Buffs (Sieglinde, Hone Speed, and Fortify Def or Fortify Res 1 Seal). If he has a fully upgraded defensive Seal that's another story, but she only needs one more bonus point to secure the kill. Besides, all that seems like one very big IF.

She is actually on my list of units I want to 5* promote. Still need to figure out what I want her B skill to be, but otherwise she is just waiting for the feather shower.

Edited by Xenomata

3 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

They are conceived before, the confusion mostly comes from gameplay not perfectly picturing when they are born

For the record, if they are conceived around close to Balhalla they should be 15+. Belhalla Massacre is Gran 761, and Seliph campaign is around Gran 776/777.

Seliph age is consistently on 17-19 area iirc

The main stupidity about Saias is exactly because he's born at Gran 749, which basically makes it so that Aida and Arvis had their relationship WAYYYYYYYYYY before Deidre. To give an idea, when Sigurd campaign began, Saias is 8 years old.  Sigurd is 25 on his death, so he should be 23 when his campaign began. Assuming Arvis is same age as Sigurd, he had Saias when he were 15 making him easilly the youngest father in FE4 since Finn and the younger ones is around 16-17 when they had their firstborn

Also the age stuff of Jugdral being hilarious isn't THAT surprising. Ethlyn had Altenna around 14-16. I mean i know people would sometimes forgot that Sigurd is supposed to be the older sibling since the game even potrayed her as the older sister, but she's actually much younger than Sigurd, which means she's younger than Quan

Longago.jpg

Getting married around the year of 13/14/12 in medieval times was actually the norm because the life expectation of a person was around 40~ years. Considering Fire Emblem games play in a "medieval-esque-time" (with magic and all that shit) Arvis is kinda a bit late or just in time to become a father.

5 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Are you spreading rumors about me?  I wore this for Greil!

03gxSld.png

Just because you nag Ike all the time already doesn't mean you have to become his step-mother. And for the love of Yune, don't do it post-humously.

4 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

If Julius was really 8 years old when he got possessed, then I'm REALLY not buying Ishtar's reason for staying beside him. The game seems to imply that Ishtar genuinely cares about Julius, or the nice boy that he used to be. If it was an arranged marriage thing, I'm not sure if he's be that genuinely fond of him. At the very least, I get the idea that she stays with him not out of duty, but for love. Also, I highly doubt eight-year-olds can comprehend love that Julius and Ishtar are supposed to have at that age, so I'm just ... yeah. Fuck this timeline.

On the other hand, eight year olds misinterpreting their feelings is probably a good basis for Ishtar's relationship- it might not be genuine love, but she's believed it to be such for so long because she's relying on the judgement of an eight year old. Herself, yes, but still.

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

Are you using Bolganone+ or Rauorblade+/Raudhrblade+? Because +Att -Spd Lilina can one-shot Hector, even with Fortify Armor and +Res or +HP, with just plain Eirika Buffs (Sieglinde, Hone Speed, and Fortify Def or Fortify Res 1 Seal). If he has a fully upgraded defensive Seal that's another story, but she only needs one more bonus point to secure the kill. Besides, all that seems like one very big IF.

She is actually on my list of units I want to 5* promote. Still need to figure out what I want her B skill to be, but otherwise she is just waiting for the feather shower.

Lilina was one of my earliest 5 stars and she managed to be an excellent +Speed -Defense. I got some 2 other copys that I merged and when given Fury 3 she has a usable 33 speed which can be improved to 37 should she be buffed by hone speed. Some day I might give her a +3 speed sacred seal to allow her to go to 40 speed which is excellent. Oh, and she has Raurblade. Don't count out the delightful noble!

1 hour ago, Hilda said:

Getting married around the year of 13/14/12 in medieval times was actually the norm because the life expectation of a person was around 40~ years. Considering Fire Emblem games play in a "medieval-esque-time" (with magic and all that shit) Arvis is kinda a bit late or just in time to become a father.

The surprise with Arvis is more because hes the youngest father more than anything else. If Dew canon age was 14 he would be a father by 15 if he got hitched during Agustria silence or Silesia and hes usually the go to answer for youngest 

1 hour ago, phineas81707 said:

On the other hand, eight year olds misinterpreting their feelings is probably a good basis for Ishtar's relationship- it might not be genuine love, but she's believed it to be such for so long because she's relying on the judgement of an eight year old. Herself, yes, but still.

That still doesn't really work for me because people's feelings and maturity change when they grow up. If I felt the exact same way towards people at fifteen as I did when I was eight ... well, I'd be living a sad existence. And it's not even really a conscious thing to change, it just happens.

I'm just going to ignore Jugdral's "official" timeline and ages because it's so fucked. Julius could've gone crazy like ... some 2-3 years prior to the story and it still works.

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

That still doesn't really work for me because people's feelings and maturity change when they grow up. If I felt the exact same way towards people at fifteen as I did when I was eight ... well, I'd be living a sad existence. And it's not even really a conscious thing to change, it just happens.

I'm just going to ignore Jugdral's "official" timeline and ages because it's so fucked. Julius could've gone crazy like ... some 2-3 years prior to the story and it still works.

...Being the fiancee of Lopt is a pretty sad existence, wouldn't you say? (Hell, you could probably squeeze in a 'I don't have a choice, so I'll try my best to love him back and make the most of it'.

Though yeah, that math is a lot nicer.