• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

17 minutes ago, DarkLordIvy said:

It's fiiiiine, I like to think that she spends her bench time doing the taxes and skimming off of the finances.

I imagine Oboro making Askr themed clothing and Anna selling them for triple the price

17 minutes ago, DarkLordIvy said:

I think he'll perform pretty well. He's slow but hits hard enough to make up for it for the most part. Sure do wish I had another Hinata so he could have Fury3 though.

Meh

Arvis to me..... is weak sauce. I just feel like it's redblade or die, and since he's so slow it's pointless :/

Ploying everything seems rather fun, on the flip side. 3 of your stats are literally eaten

16 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I 5*’d my Anna, for the record. But she doesn’t have better scoring potential than any other unit since she can’t be merged.

Considering Merric is a mage and loses 10 BST, and needs 5 merges to catch up, I beg to differ

Promote 5 Merrics (maybe 2 or 3 if you get lucky and some of them are 5 star), or just use Anna?

:smug:

So she does have better scoring potential than Merric at the very least. Arvis too I guess.

16 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Reveal hidden contents

Yes.

At least he was good in Shadow Dragon!

10 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

People SI Growing Wind to units?

It costs 100 extra SP 

so it is for arena points

it's why some people put growing wind on their Hectors XD

Edited by Arcanite

So suppose we get a new Hero Fest in the coming weeks. Who do you think would be included? Since it'll probably only contain units from the banners past Rite of Shadows, this is my prediction.

Red: Katarina, Elincia, Sigurd?, Ayra????? (the latter two might be unlikely given they'd be less than a month old and there could be complaints, but they're also sought after)

Blue: Delthea, Tana, Nephenee

Green: Amelia, Deirdre?

Colorless: Innes (the only real shoo-in honestly)

4 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Considering Merric is a mage and loses 10 BST, and needs 5 merges to catch up, I beg to differ

Promote 4 Merrics (maybe 2 or 3 if you get lucky and some of them are 5 star), or just use Anna?

:smug:

So she does have better scoring potential than Merric at the very least. Arvis too I guess.

I would argue that there's more you can do with Merric Arena-wise. His weapon lets him wipe out Flier Emblem pretty handily. And since he has a legendary weapon, he'll have potential for a higher BST than other green mages. He's bulky enough that he doesn't HAVE to run a -raven tome to take out Brave Lyn. Just needs bowbreaker. A -RES Merric can even handle a Reinhardt as long as he has Deflect Magic. He can't always take out Brave Lyn in one go since she has respectable RES, and his ATK isn't that great, but as long as no one's running WoM, this isn't a problem.

I like using Anna too, but she's a little more limited in what she can do even if her scoring potential may be better.

4 hours ago, DefaultBeep said:

On the topic of seeing interesting units, my Thracia cart had a save with a level 20 Mage Knight Miranda. I've heard that she can be great with that kind of investment, but I'm impressed that someone bother to put in that effort on a legit cart.

Miranda's not too bad to train -- she's recruited on the easier route and has Wrath for easy one-shots.  If I ever sell my FE1 cart I hope the guy who gets it checks my file and sees my promoted Lv. 20 Tomas with maxed stats lol.

On a similar note, the guy who had my FE4 cart before me had spent hundreds of turns on the prologue boss abusing.  Everybody including Arden was either promoted or very close to it.  I'm always up for a good grind, but that's just ridiculous.   

10 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I imagine Oboro making Askr themed clothing and Anna selling them for triple the price

One pair genuine Hoshidian socks for the low low price of one kidney!

10 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Meh

Arvis to me..... is weak sauce. I just feel like it's redblade or die, and since he's so slow it's pointless :/

Ploying everything seems rather fun, on the flip side. 3 of your stats are literally eaten

It might be because I've used a lot of slower units *cough*Seliph*cough* but his speed doesn't bother me all that much. The ploying is pretty fun, must say I really wish Arvis had speed ploy instead of defense ploy but it'll get the shenanigans done all the same.

2 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

So suppose we get a new Hero Fest in the coming weeks. Who do you think would be included? Since it'll probably only contain units from the banners past Rite of Shadows, this is my prediction.

Red: Katarina, Elincia, Sigurd?, Ayra????? (the latter two might be unlikely given they'd be less than a month old and there could be complaints, but they're also sought after)

Since Hero Fest mostly contains highly desired units, I'd have to wager any of the following...

Red: Eirika, Lucina, Brave Roy, Celica, Leo

Blue: Cordelia, Effie, Ephraim, Brave Lucina, Reinhardt, Linde

Green: Minerva, Amelia, Nino, Sonya, maybe Fae

Bows: Leon, Klein, Brave Lyn, Innes.

...what? Bow is totally a color. I would paint my entire house Bow if I owned it.

...or if they wanted to TROLL US ENDLESSLY...

Red: Fir

Green: Bartre

Blue: Oboro or Est

Colorless: Wrys

6 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I would argue that there's more you can do with Merric Arena-wise. His weapon lets him wipe out Flier Emblem pretty handily. And since he has a legendary weapon, he'll have potential for a higher BST than other green mages. He's bulky enough that he doesn't HAVE to run a -raven tome to take out Brave Lyn. Just needs bowbreaker. A -RES Merric can even handle a Reinhardt as long as he has Deflect Magic. He can't always take out Brave Lyn in one go since she has respectable RES, and his ATK isn't that great, but as long as no one's running WoM, this isn't a problem.

I like using Anna too, but she's a little more limited in what she can do even if her scoring potential may be better.

Previously acknowledged:

34 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Anna can't counter brave lyn so that's a plus!

Well not entirely acknowledged heh heh
But he doesn't have to run raven, I know. Rezzy's Merric was Raven so that's why I brought that out before.

Either way I wasn't really taking much about usage, more about the points than anything else :p For me the three other units I use already put in work so it really doesn't matter who is in the third slot, so I prefer max points over usage.

4 minutes ago, DarkLordIvy said:

One pair genuine Hoshidian socks for the low low price of one kidney!

You know

Anna would be in the organ selling game

4 minutes ago, DarkLordIvy said:

It might be because I've used a lot of slower units *cough*Seliph*cough* but his speed doesn't bother me all that much. The ploying is pretty fun, must say I really wish Arvis had speed ploy instead of defense ploy but it'll get the shenanigans done all the same.

You use Seliph?!?!?
BURN THE WITCH
Pray Next tempest they have speed seal and watch Arvis ploy 4 stats at once!

Just now, Xenomata said:

Since Hero Fest mostly contains highly desired units, I'd have to wager any of the following...

...what? Bow is totally a color. I would paint my entire house Bow if I owned it.

So far hero fest units are all units that are available at 5 star only*

just keep that in mind

7 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I don't think they'd put Brave Units (fairly) soon after the CYL banner.

I think Red- Celica/Ayra (would be good as an apology for the Ayra debacle)

Blue- Ephraim

Green- Amelia/Minerva

Bow- Innes

Edited by mcsilas

10 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Nah, that's not trollish enough. Here's who I'd pick:

Red: Seliph no one wants Brash Assault now that it's a seal
Blue: Oboro / Est pick your poison, they're both equally useless for SI
Green: Beruka with the wonderful combination of Glimmer, Defiant Def and Lunge
Colorless: Virion particularly insulting since he's both a freebie and a Hero Battle hero

Edited by Tybrosion

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

You know

Anna would be in the organ selling game

Its where the money is. She'd be crazy not to!

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

You use Seliph?!?!?
BURN THE WITCH
Pray Next tempest they have speed seal and watch Arvis ploy 4 stats at once!

I'll have you know that my Seliph is great! My unconventional build has made him a confusing monster against other swords.

MDQauSb.png

Fingers crossed for that Speed Ploy seal.

Just now, DLNarshen said:

Miranda's not too bad to train -- she's recruited on the easier route and has Wrath for easy one-shots.  If I ever sell my FE1 cart I hope the guy who gets it checks my file and sees my promoted Lv. 20 Tomas with maxed stats lol.

On a similar note, the guy who had my FE4 cart before me had spent hundreds of turns on the prologue boss abusing.  Everybody including Arden was either promoted or very close to it.  I'm always up for a good grind, but that's just ridiculous.   

I'll admit that I don't have any experience with Miranda myself, since I wasn't going to miss Misha on my first playthrough. Although I may try out Miranda's path on my savestate-less playthrough; I've heard that her route is easier like you said, and recruiting Misha wasn't exactly easy even with savestates. I think my first Shadow Dragon save has a level 20 promoted Radd, which is probably the closest I have to an unexpected and high level unit. Although I guess I do have one save of Awakening with a lot of time put into grinding. Let's just say that it's entirely possible to overlevel for Apotheosis...

I'm not a fan of grinding, but it's always fun to see how much effort some people will put into things like that. And if there's one thing that sounds like entirely too much effort, it's leveling up characters like Arden that much on the prologue. Good thing he sold it before he kept going; it would've been heartbreaking if he had done the same with Deirdre...

Olwen and Tailtiu make me sad. Particularly, their level-up quotes where Olwen feels like she's not good enough and Tailtiu seems like she's really desperate for someone to reassure her, and Tailtiu herself. She looks so happy, but... yeah. Her fate is sealed.

Anyway, is Olwen kind of like the Minerva to Reinhardt's Michalis? Hinoka's kind of like Minerva too. All these short-haired, badass battle waifs. :p

26 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

Red: Katarina or Elincia. I feel it’ll be Elincia for some reason.

Blue: Delthea

Green: Amelia

Colorless: Innes

It’s a bit too soon to bring in the FE4 units as part of a Hero Fest banner if we’re really getting one later this month or December. 

1 minute ago, Kaden said:

Anyway, is Olwen kind of like the Minerva to Reinhardt's Michalis? Hinoka's kind of like Minerva too. All these short-haired, badass battle waifs. :p

Reinhardt himself is much more comparable to Camus than Michalis, but otherwise their relationship is pretty much like that, yeah. Reinhardt remains loyal to their homeland (more specifically to Ishtar really), Olwen stays on that side for a while, but then decides that the homeland is too corrupt to support, and joins the opposing side to help restore it. And as you could probably guess/already knew,

Spoiler

Reinhardt gets killed and is never playable. Ever, actually, until Heroes. I think he's still the only Heroes character that has never once been playable before, thanks to Awakening's Spotpass characters. Although Clarisse technically shares his fate now as well, since her only playable appearance is now unavailable, due to being a DLC-only map for New Mystery that can't be downloaded anymore.

19 minutes ago, DarkLordIvy said:

I'll have you know that my Seliph is great! My unconventional build has made him a confusing monster against other swords.

MDQauSb.png

My Seliph is mostly -Atk Seliphs.

1I0Kqg5.png?1

Why would you put a Ploy on Seliph?

13 minutes ago, DarkLordIvy said:

Agreed
Druglord Anna

21 minutes ago, DarkLordIvy said:

MDQauSb.png

35 speed

This

is mildly impressive LOL 34 Def as well~ just like his father. Sigurd would be proud

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

My Seliph is mostly -Atk Seliphs.

1I0Kqg5.png?1

Why would you put a Ploy on Seliph?

For the memes? I could have worded that better ploy on even +res Seliph would be a mistake.

I think your Seliph is begging for bonfire.

Just now, Arcanite said:

Agreed
Druglord Anna

35 speed

This

is mildly impressive LOL 34 Def as well~ just like his father. Sigurd would be proud

If I can somehow pull enough Seliphs to get him to at least +9 He'll hit 37 speed.

Like father like son. You'd think that my pampering of Seliph would have lured Sigurd to me, but no dice.

Hilariously Seliph is my best Sigurd counter.

Hmm, no Halloween luck for the armours, but I did get a +Atk/-Spd Innes and passed my driving test.

Not sure if i should build him because of the Atk boon or casually level him up and make him Fortress Res fodder for my +Spd Azama Cancel Affinity fodder for Lyn or something. I don't really see a lot of Innes(es?) so I'm not sure how to build him anyway.

Also apparently Sakura whale pulled a lot of Innes while hunting for the Neko Sakura.

I just want a ranged armour but I'll just wait for more orbs.

I have this weird urge to promote my Spd/Res Hana and give her the wo dao. The only thing containing me is my lacking in Swordbreaker fodder: only one Abel and a couple of Sullys.

Shall I indulge?