Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Spoiler

I was expecting Nowi and Sakura to have inflated BST due to their additional skills, but it seems all 4 units have the normal BST for their weapon and movement type, which is nice. I kind of expected inflated BSTs to be a thing now that Sigurd and Ayra randomly had one. Edit: Actually thought about it and realized the ranged armors actually have much higher BST than should be possible for a ranged armor. They should fall in the 157-159 range, not in the 165 range.

The BHB rerun are really weird though. I can understand re-running the GHBs since they give units, but BHBs only give orbs, which means that there's not really any reason to re-run them.

Edited by LuxSpes

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

16 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:
  Reveal hidden contents

What can I say except Armor BST and green color fixed everything that was wrong with Henry.

I’m saving my orbs for Noween. I don’t have any mage fliers and her base kit is great, only needing something like Rawrblade to round it out.

I approve of using my word of Rawrblade.

Looks like for BST

Henry 36 33 34 26 36 = 165

Nowi 34 34 32 20 27 = 147

Sakura 33 32 34 14 34 = 147

Jakob 42 35 23 33 32 = 165

It looks like Henry and Jakob don't have as much of a BST penalty for being ranged as you would expect, but we've never had ranged armors before, so we don't have anything to go off of besides how it affects other armor types.  I'm pleasantly surprised that Nowi and Sakura getting 5 skills didn't mean they got a BST bump.

Does Ayra’s banner count as a new heroes banner? We’re stuck for either a week or two weeks without a new characters banner once World of Holy War goes away in two hours and a half. This is lame too.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Does Ayra’s banner count as a new heroes banner? We’re stuck for either a week or two weeks without a new characters banner once World of Holy War goes away in two hours and a half. This is lame too.

Isn't that how it's always been? Banners with new units only ever came out every 2 weeks. PA banner came 2 weeks after the Crimean banner and the FE4 banner started 2 weeks after the start of the PA banner.

And I wouldn't consider Ayra's banner a new heroes banner since we didn't get a trailer for it, it featured old characters and it was a TT banner.

33 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

No it’s not. High Atk is generally more important when running a Brave set, but with a -Blade set the Spd cap determines the ceiling on its effectiveness. Getting a potential +16 (+30 on another movement type) boost makes a direct Atk vs Atk comparison mostly irrelevant except when fighting at a disadvantage.

Desperation is also a key component to most -Blade sets, and Lilina has nowhere near enough Spd to utilize it well at all. +Spd LaD Lilina has the same Spd as neutral Tharja. Objectively speaking that is a ton of investment at 60k feathers to get a unit at a comparable performance to a unit with just their base kit. Give said vanilla unit LaD and suddenly the comparison is skewed again.

Rawrblade Lilina is cute, but it is definitely not better than Tharja.

Where are you getting +5 Attack from and what sets are you using for both? This is my basis for my argument:

Spoiler

Lilina (+Att -Spd)

Death Blow 3, undetermined B skill, undetermined C skill, Rauorblade+, Draw Back, Moonbow. Notice the only feather investments comes from Rauorblade+

Tharja (+Spd -Def)

Fury 3, Desperation 3, C skill, Rauorblade+, Draw Back, Moonbow. LnD3 also fits here, but the difference is 2 attack per hit, more units being outsped, and no natural HP decay to force Desperation. Notice the investment here can potentially come from LnD3.

With the above, on Attack Initiation, Lilina has 11 attack more than Tharja, 9 if running LnD3 on Tharja. Everything assumes that both units are receiving stat bonuses of 3 attack, 4 speed, and 2-4 of either Defense or Resistance from Eirika.

Tharja relies on doubling her opponents to kill and isn't immediately threatening if her opponent can one-hit her before she can trigger Desperation, Lilina only has to hit them once, that was my point. Tharja I suppose has the advantage of being easy WoM3 Dancer bait, but not the point. Both sets I laid out for you only cost 20k feathers at minimum, maybe more if you are going through Colorless Hell (or if your name is @Vaximillian lololol cheap blow sorry) and promote one of the units who have DB3 at 5*. Also I'm not sure where you are getting that I'd ever consider LnD3 for Lilina, let alone Desperation.

Edited by Xenomata

3 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

Isn't that how it's always been? Banners with new units only ever came out every 2 weeks. PA banner came 2 weeks after the Crimean banner and the FE4 banner started 2 weeks after the start of the PA banner.

The Genealogy banner lasted usual two weeks and today it goes away. If the tempest banner doesn’t count, we should get a new banner this week. (If it does, then next week)

BUT! The Halloween banner has almost started already, and this leads me to doubt we’re getting new characters earlier than in two weeks’ time or even later. Because admit, seasonals are not new.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

The Genealogy banner lasted usual two weeks and today it goes away. If the tempest banner doesn’t count, we should get a new banner this week. (If it does, then next week)

BUT! The Halloween banner has almost started already, and this leads me to doubt we’re getting new characters earlier than in two weeks’ time or even later. Because admit, seasonals are not new.

Seasonal banners have always takent the place of 'new units' banners:

The Spring banner replaced the Blazing Shadows banner and ran until it was replaced two weeks later by the World of Shadows banner. 

The Bride banner replaced the Rite of Shadows banner and was replaced two weeks later by the Echoes of Mystery banner.

As for the other seasonal banners we had since then (the two summer banners and the PA banners, they all started when the previous "New Units" banner ended and though they ran for an entire month, a "new units" always was introduced around 2 weeks after the start of the seasonal banners.

So while seasonal banners do not really introduce 'new' characters, they are indeed considered 'New units' banners and as such,  we should not expect a new full blown banner till around November 13 or 14. That said, Ayra showed that IS could introduce new characters in other banners and though we don't know if they'll repeat that pattern (I hope not), we could very well see a FE4 gen2 banner next week for all we know.

Well, sad to say I've quit Heroes. I know I've said I'd quit before, but I didn't actually go as far as uninstalling the game in those instances. This time, I did. So there's no going back now, at least not anytime soon.

Apparently even though I've cleared lunatic and infernal maps and stuff on my own before, I'm a terrible player that doesn't know anything. :/ And asking for advice in the Heroes chat on Discord is whining now.

I'm tired of advice not working for me too (this is not really the fault of those giving advice, just to note. I'm not blaming those people. It's my fault more than anything, really). If I'm not just told "git gud" or something stupid like that, I'm told to do something I already tried, like reading the AI. I cannot do that, yet people keep telling me to anyway. I already tried to. It's not my thing. So I have to make do without it. But while some people don't know this, others already did, so I don't know why they're still telling me to read the AI.

This is upsetting too. I really wanted to get the Halloween units and all. And I'd wanted to make a +10 5 star Frederick. But what good is any of that if I can't do much with them or find other ways to be a better player? I don't actually care that much for any of the characters used in the Halloween banner anyway.

So, good bye, Heroes and Heroes board. Good luck to other players.

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Well, we started October with no regular banner, didn't we? At least, I remember there being a blank period between Elincia and Sigurd, when PA was the only banner.

As I said, it's business as usual. We always had a 2 weeks period with no new banners after the start of a seasonal banner. 

Which is why some people don't like seasonal banners, considering they often add units that are already in the game (only B!Charlotte and PA!Shigure were totally new additions. PA!Inigo doesn't count) and take the place of a banner that could have added characters that aren't in the game at all. Not to mention their limited availability. 

8 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Charlotte and Shigure don’t count either.

I wouldn't count them either since if you missed their banner, they might as well not be in the game AND they're in seasonal gear different from their usual appearance, but it's true that both weren't in the game in any form before, so they were technically new characters to the game.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

You decided to promote yours?

Let's call this a promotion out of spite, thanks to the 5.00% pity rate that I'll have to leave the Holy War banner on. But yeah, I figured why not, since I had the feathers for it. I also promoted a Shanna to 4-star for Desperation 3, and I might have given up a spare Arvis for Def Ploy 3. She already had Fury 3, so all I really need now is a Wo Dao+/Killing Edge+/Slaying Edge+/whatever is considered best, and then she'll pretty much be set, besides not being +Atk.

Oh hey you can pull an Ayra in the Halloween banner.

No reason to go for the TT banner anymore exclusive for a new unit (although there may be better chance of getting her there). Having to separate attention to 3 banners for exclusive units was annoying.

So, Ayra shows up in the tempest now, along with the other Genealogy units.

WHY wasn't she just on that banner to begin with???

so something i think will happen is that because the flier mage triangle is complete is that they won't release anymore seasonal flier mage for a while. they might if they do a rerun previous ones. what i think that we should watch out for is that well be getting more armored mages. assuming that they'll do the same color cycle as before, the next armored mage is a blue one. i also think that they'll release a armored dagger user and armored staff user

3 minutes ago, Stroud said:

I saw that Tailtiu has Drive Speed 2 on 4*.
That sound not too bad, the only sad thing is that I play a slow team. D= 

Say whaaaaaaaaaaat?

Wow, a rare occurrence where the more desirable skill is attainable on the 4* unit. I’m far from disappointed. I actually pulled my first Tailtiu as well, and got two for that matter. Both had HP boons. Zzzzzz. However, one had a defense bane while the other had a resistance bane. Looks I’ll hold off on promoting until I get a more desirable spread.