Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

4 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

I don't understand what you mean with pairings? I meant just as an Easter banner. Unless you're implying the last Easter banner made Xander x Camilla and Chrom x Lucina canon in some way Oo I figured since Soren and Ike are the most popular Tellius males normally, those two would be on a banner.

Or that the Halloween banner meant Sakura x Jakob is definitely backed :/

Even the Valentine's banner didn't make pairings in the end, despite how some people tried to pretend it did. None of the characters confirmed anything and it was more a love between friends, etc.

I thought you were talking about the fans of Ike and Soren as a pairing would be happy. I wasn't saying anything else. My bad.

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

45 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I thought you were talking about the fans of Ike and Soren as a pairing would be happy. I wasn't saying anything else. My bad.

Nah, I just meant fans of Ike and Soren individually will be happy, although shippers can make of it what they will. I'm not really a shounen ai fan, personally. That being said, if a banner ever 'confirmed' a pairing to me that I didn't like, there's still a tone of different realms out there. I mean, Thracia confirmed pairings for HW for some people, but it didn't make those others any less valid for the playthroughs.

7 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Nah, I just meant fans of Ike and Soren individually will be happy, although shippers can make of it what they will. I'm not really a shounen ai fan, personally. That being said, if a banner ever 'confirmed' a pairing to me that I didn't like, there's still a tone of different realms out there. I mean, Thracia confirmed pairings for HW for some people, but it didn't make those others any less valid for the playthroughs.

True, yeah. I'm not into pairings like Ike and Soren either, personally. And yeah, I like to think that since the Outrealm Gate and all are a thing, everybody's favorite pairings are canon in some way.

2 hours ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

It is the Easter banner, so it wouldn't be that surprising to have bunny ears as a decorative headpiece like last year, unlikely (though not impossible) to be actual ears; the left character also seems to be holding some sort of weapon, making it less likely to be a beast unit, even though long ears are visible. However, Easter banners would be a funny way to introduce Panne and Yarne.

The ears look abnormally long and too natural to be part of an outfit like last years Easter units. And they very well could just say "Fuck it, we don't know how to implement beast stones. Let's just give them normal weapons!"

Also, the poses in the silhouette are so abnormal and crooked looking. They don't look to be standing up straight, like they could be on all fours. And the figure on the right has really freakishly long fingers.

I think they really went out of their way to make the silhouette look as screwed up as possible so that no one could figure it out.

I don't even like Lucina or Camilla, but on the other hand, I'm a quality over quantity person and I don't think any of their alts are good enough so they deserve better alts. Lyn on the other hand have CYL AND valentine version that is broken so she can stop there. The fact that i'm stricly player phase and no infantry person helps this mindset, though. 

8 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

Even the Valentine's banner didn't make pairings in the end, despite how some people tried to pretend it did. None of the characters confirmed anything and it was more a love between friends, etc.

Actually that’s wrong. The Valentines Banner pushed Roy and Lillina pretty word, with theirs and Eliwood’s voice clips.

It’s very likely that they try to make some pairings canon. And considering Heroes is a gacha game, whose bread and butter is what currently popular in the fandom, putting Ike and Soren together romantically is a very high possibility. I mean, IS already wants you to put Ike and Soren in the same team, with Soren’s new refinement and all.

Edited by Water Mage

4 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Actually that’s wrong. The Valentines Banner pushed Roy and Lillina pretty word, with theirs and Eliwood’s voice clips.

It’s very likely that they try to make some pairings canon. And considering Heroes is a gacha game, whose bread and butter is what currently popular in the fandom, putting Ike and Soren together romantically is a very high possibility. I mean, IS already wants you to put Ike and Soren in the same team, with Soren’s new refinement and all.

And then Soren gets another refinement which will allow him to have a 5th member on your team. Seasonal Ike

3 hours ago, Hawk King said:

The ears look abnormally long and too natural to be part of an outfit like last years Easter units.

I'm guessing you've never gone shopping for cosplay accessories before.

1 minute ago, sdgj1994 said:

Trying to log in on both my main and sub account and both get an error code: 803-3000. Servers down or something??

No problem here. I restarted the app and it connected like always. 

5 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

No problem here. I restarted the app and it connected like always. 

Must be my wifi. I went onto 4G and it managed to connect. Funny, there was no problem with the wifi until now...

And no, it is not down, everything else worked fine through it. It’s just Heroes that has stopped working.

Edited by sdgj1994

Thanks to the recent Jeorge banner I'm one merge away from my first 5*+10 character. I do have that extra Jeorge for the final merge, but I'm not too sure if I should keep to the +spd/-hp IV he currently has or to keep waiting out for a +atk/-res variant. 

Spoiler

YUm7p1D.png

5 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm guessing you've never gone shopping for cosplay accessories before.

You would be correct.

Oh god, it is going to be Chrom, Lucina, Lissa, and Robin dressed as Taguel...

Apparently Alfonse, Anna, Bruno, Sharena, and Veronica have voice clips of them saying the titles of all the Fire Emblem games up to Fates. I guess they were recorded before Shadows of Valentia and before Fjorm, Laevatein, Loki, and Surtr since they don't have those clips on their Gamepedia page. It reminds me of how in Soul Calibur, they have the voice actors of each character say the title and Bandai Namco.

Bruno's clips have to be my favorite other than Anna's because, well, Anna bias. :p

Taliesin Jaffe makes Bruno so sound dramatic. I love how he says each of the FE games' titles. Now I want Taliesin to narrate a Fire Emblem game or voice a future main character in Fire Emblem. And then there's Veronica who sounds like a mini, grumpy Lyn which I guess would also make her a grumpy Maria. Anyway, the English pronunciation for Thracia is apparently "Th-ray-she-uh". I've been pronouncing it as "Th-raa-cee-uh".

Edited by Kaden

49 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Anyway, the English pronunciation for Thracia is apparently "Th-ray-she-uh". I've been pronouncing it as "Th-raa-cee-uh".

According to Wikipedia, the pronunciation for "Thrace" and its demonym "Thracian" in English are "thrayss" and "thray-shuhn", hence "thray-shee-uh" or "thray-shuh" for "Thracia".

Japan pronounces it "trah-kee-uh" in accordance to the native languages of the region (Greek, Bulgarian, and Turkish).

Edited by Ice Dragon

53 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Anyway, the English pronunciation for Thracia is apparently "Th-ray-she-uh". I've been pronouncing it as "Th-raa-cee-uh".

I've always said Thray-shuh.

I decided since I'm not pulling on the spring banner I'd try again for another Ike merge. No Ike, just random pity breakers Luke(earlier in the week) and Leo(just now), but I got the exact 4* That I've been wanting!!

image.png

I'VE GOT TWO 5*' +10'S NOW!!!

@Rezzy I'm going to assume your Seliph pity breakers are going to start coming back now lol

Interesting... even though the weapon exists post weapon refinery and post Wo Dao upgrades, Giant Spoon+ has the might of pre-forge Wo Dao, even while Lethal Carrot has the might and effects of a post-forge dagger...

Also finally some non-personal variants of Wo Dao. Also flying Dagger. interesting I guess. I'm at least glad there's nothing overly tempting this spring banner. I'll use free orbs on it, but that's about as far as I'll go.

Also hey, I guess Spring is the season of bonus Shards and Badges if these units have those skills as well.

Edited by Xenomata

it seems that now seasonals are almost guaranteed to have either fliers or armors as those are the two movement types IS trying to push at us. Halloween armor, Xmas armor, NY flier, valentine armor again, this one is fliers..

so nxt seasonals will have armors I guess 

2 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

it seems that now seasonals are almost guaranteed to have either fliers or armors as those are the two movement types IS trying to push at us. Halloween armor, Xmas armor, NY flier, valentine armor again, this one is fliers..

so nxt seasonals will have armors I guess 

brides 2: this time everyone is armors